Real life kick-ass in seattle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General_Iroh
Not sure if anyone else has posted anything on this, couldn't find anything though. So apparently there's a group of "superheros" going around Seattle attempting to prevent crime, and they're part of some nationwide movement, anyone heard about this?
http://www.geekosystem.com/real-life-kickass/

RE: Blaxican
That fool wouldn't last a day in any real crime infested city.

Good for him for trying though, I guess. Cool concept too.

SamZED
Reavealing your secret id and hq not the best way to start a superhero career. Cool concept yeah, but he wont accomplish jack and noone will give a crap...

steverules_2
If I had a costume like that I'd do a hell of a lot better than him, plus my costume would be cooler and I wouldn't be all like hey I'm Steve, here's my address..and heck I'll even take off my mask and let you all see what I look like...better yet here's my parents address too and a list of my fears.

BruceSkywalker
so.. this is where Batman, Inc comes from???? lol

roughrider
Why does he call himself Phoenix Jones, but fights crime in Seattle?

If anyone should inspire copycats, it's the Punisher. Have organized troops of them, like the famous Guardian Angels from New York.

Digi

Blair Wind
I still say we should get some generous comic book fan worth millions to invest in us Digi smile

Originally posted by Digi
Scenario: I'm a multi-millionaire who's in decent shape and I'm bored. I decide to hire a bunch of personal martial arts trainers (the best money can buy) to train me rigorously for a year or so. Here's where it gets interesting. Anyone who has seen Batman Begins will know more about this. The "smart cloth" that forms his cape actually exists for base-jumpers and other assorted things...it could be used to glide from rooftops. Lightweight bullet-proof Kevlar armor also exists. Some reasonable replacements for batarangs and such could be made easily. Other non-bat-gadgets could complete the arsenal (random grenades and stuff).

Given the money and the will to do it, Batman as we saw him in the movie could actually exist. It would be much harder to accomplish than the movie portrays, but it's well within the realm of possibility....at least I think so.

Thought? Musings? Confessions of "I am Batman" or "Damn, you ruined my plan Digi..."?? Discuss...

-DM

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t357947.html

Badabing
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I still say we should get some generous comic book fan worth millions to invest in us Digi smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f50/t357947.html Digi in Thor costume>>>>criminals. sneer

Blair, you could be his sidekick. biscuits

stick out tongue

Digi
I thought of that thread when I saw this. That was f-ing 2005, WELL before this stuff became popular. Those Seattle ****ers are stealing my ideas.

In all seriousness, I would do this if I had the time and resources to do it right. But it would include more training and funding than I have time/money for. And by "right" I mean I have lists of supplies I'd need, actions I'd be able to take to be as effective as possible without breaking laws, etc. Sh*t like that. A half-cocked attempt at driving through a city occasionally wouldn't be nearly enough for me, so I'd do my homework. And there's a certain amount of public excitement that a "hero" can bring that, say, a PI or police officer can't, so I wouldn't just wear the cape for show. I'd use the strengths of such noteriety in ways that would otherwise be inaccessible.

Martian_mind
Pretty keen to found that league of Supervillians actually.

Just like the heroes do kind and generous but not too overtly heroic things, we'd be dedicated to doing irritating and unkind things that are not too overtly villianous, like following people down the streets with air horns and randomly running up to civilians and knocking stuff out of their hands.

Scythe
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Pretty keen to found that league of Supervillians actually.

Sir! You offend me! For I shall correct your wrong-doing by dishing out my own form of goat-justice the way I only know how.

Here is my superhero costume
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=503260&pagenumber=30

Have at you!

Just like the heroes do kind and generous but not too overtly heroic things, we'd be dedicated to doing irritating and unkind things that are not too overtly villianous

We would lay combat to you by subscribing your building to Highlights Magazines for children and TV Guide, the preferred guide of The View. Resistance is futile, for we have Oprah on our side.

like following people down the streets with air horns

We shall follow you closely with a vuvuzela.

randomly running up to civilians and knocking stuff out of their hands.

We shall pick up said dropped items, and then proceed to the nearest public bathroom to write your headquarter's phone number so that lonely truckers can dial it for a good time.

Your move, villain...

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Scythe
Sir! You offend me! For I shall correct your wrong-doing by dishing out my own form of goat-justice the way I only know how.

Here is my superhero costume
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=503260&pagenumber=30

Have at you!

We would lay combat to you by subscribing your building to Highlights Magazines for children and TV Guide, the preferred guide of The View. Resistance is futile, for we have Oprah on our side.

We are not amateurs cretin. Our identities are secret, and our nefarious weekly meetings are held in the local parks on a rotationary basis, the locations being told through a code that only the most brilliant and sinister minds can deduce. Thus, We have no postal code OR phone number !!!

Originally posted by Scythe

We shall follow you closely with a vuvuzela.

We shall pick up said dropped items, and then proceed to the nearest public bathroom to write your headquarter's phone number so that lonely truckers can dial it for a good time.

Your move, villain...

Fool, you have failed to realize that to me our contest is but a game of chess, and you have lost all pursuing the pawns!!

As our lesser members occupy your time, our true work shall be under way! the first step will be to paint disabled parking symbols upon every spot in sight, leaving the vast majority with nowhere to park, and that my good sir, is just the beginning....

I shall not reveal myself yet, but trust me, soon shall know the face of your mortal foe!

Black bolt z
The guy actually looked much more prepared then Kick-ass. Armor, tazers. Moreso then the average police officer.

Scythe
We are not amateurs cretin. Our identities are secret, and our nefarious weekly meetings are held in the local parks on a rotationary basis, the locations being told through a code that only the most brilliant and sinister minds can deduce. Thus, We have no postal code OR phone number !!!

For this, they have invented Mapquest and Tom-Toms, we shall arrive early, for we are many. We are legion(?) We will find you.

Though you may occupy parks and other public areas, we shall lay waste to you from the inside of your establishment. The next time a villain steps foot into a park, we shall lay a trap in the form of a gorgeous girl willing to go back with them to their evil HQ's. Though she may seem innocent enough, we will mark her lower back with a tramp stamp of a happy little crab dancing with its pincers open. So that the suspician of crabs decays your established allies. That place will be more flaccid than Tom Arnold's bachelor party.

Fool, you have failed to realize that to me our contest is but a game of chess, and you have lost all pursuing the pawns!!

That is fine with us, for any chess game lost, it's best two out of three.

As our lesser members occupy your time, our true work shall be under way! the first step will be to paint disabled parking symbols upon every spot in sight, leaving the vast majority with nowhere to park, and that my good sir, is just the beginning...

This was futile, I'll personally disable your reckless team of evil-doers so in the end, this will work out for the best for them.

Though you may have Dr. Kevorkian, Ted Bundy and the late Manson on your side, we still have Oprah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.