Pan vs Bardock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

USSJ
Shadow Dragon Saga Pan vs End of Bardock Special Bardock

Q99
Pan, she should have power *way* above the tens of thousands by that point.

Bentley
Pan one-shots.

Ridley_Prime
sad

dadudemon
Why?

Why would Pan have power that high? I don't remember her doing anything extraordinary in GT. She was around what I would consider Raditz level.

Q99
Originally posted by dadudemon
Why?

Why would Pan have power that high? I don't remember her doing anything extraordinary in GT. She was around what I would consider Raditz level.

Being the child of someone of higher power gives the child high power for some reason, just as Trunks and Goten started out so strong.

She did clobber General Rilldo pretty good once, and he was a fairly strong villain that Goku and Trunks had to take seriously.

Pan would stomp Raditz with both arms tied behind her back.

NemeBro
Bardock wins because **** this thread being made Bardock is manly and badass and Pan is GT piece of shit **** Pan Bardock ftw I HATE THIS THREAD!!!

King Kandy
Oh come on. Bardock had power a bit over 10000. Any DBGT villain would cream a saiyan with that power. Broly had that power as a newborn. Comparing Pan to Radditz, with only 1,200, is silly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh come on. Bardock had power a bit over 10000. Any DBGT villain would cream a saiyan with that power. Broly had that power as a newborn. Comparing Pan to Radditz, with only 1,200, is silly.

It's silly to think that Pan is even remotely over 10,000. And, in fact, after looking over some of the thigns she's done, I'm fairly sure, now, that pan is between 1000-5000.

Morons that say stupid things like 1,000,000 and 15,000,000 are just that: morons.

Bardock would destroy Pan: there is no contest.

Q99
It's silly to think that Pan is even remotely over 10,000. And, in fact, after looking over some of the thigns she's done, I'm fairly sure, now, that pan is between 1000-5000.

Pan was able to be effective against a villain who was able to give Goku and Trunks a fight (non-super mode, but still, those two would be in the millions).

If someone attacks someone of sufficiently different power level, nothing happens, which has been demonstrated many times.

Pan also was effective against several of the Shenron.

If Pan is strong enough effective against foes Goku (even base-form Goku) doesn't insta-stomp, she's over 10k.

And, in general, half-saiyans tend to start out with a lot of power, so it makes sense.

Other way around.

Conversely, what makes you think that she's weak? You've insulted people who don't agree with you, but that's not an argument.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bardock wins because **** this thread being made Bardock is manly and badass and Pan is GT piece of shit **** Pan Bardock ftw I HATE THIS THREAD!!!

I concur.

But wasn't she born in DBZ, making her not fully a GT character? :O

Ban Mido
Just picturing badass Bardock getting rocked by that..thing that calls itself a Saiyan makes me sick sick...So therefore I cleansed my mind by picturing Pan meeting Bardock all "So you're my Great Grandpa ^_^?!" and Bardock smiles and gently pokes her on the forehead all "big grin...You're already dead no expression.." and Pan explodes into a grotesque mess big grin

as for the thread idk...Pan did have a decent run at times in GT but Bardocks badassery is on a whole other level and makes it so I can't bring myself to accept him being defeated xD..

Q99
That's really a problem with DB's escalating power levels in general.

Can you honestly picture some of the minor Z villains beating someone as badass as King Piccolo or other cool DB characters?

But they're from Z, he's from original, so they're almost assuredly stronger.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel

But wasn't she born in DBZ, making her not fully a GT character? :O

Yep, even did some fighting (against mundane foes).

Bentley
"Gramps you're a weakling! I get why you died"

danteiscool
now as much I like Bardock and as much as I definitely don't like Pan, I have to agree that while Bardock is badass while Pan isn't, Pan does have her share of feats that place her higher than what some say. hell, at the end of DBZ she flew around the world in... well, I can't remember how many hours it took, but considering her age at the time, it's certainly impressive.

King Kandy

Morons that say stupid things like 1,000,000 and 15,000,000 are just that: morons.

Oh, I get it. You're being sarcastic. Ha ha, soooo funny.

Don't talk to me unless you want to have an actual debate.

dadudemon

Oh, I get it, you're being sarcastic about me being sarcastic.

Don't talk to me unless you can stop trolling.

King Kandy
Wait, you actually were serious?

dadudemon
Wait, you actually were serious?

Reasons why this post is more trolling:

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/preview/System/Function/arrow%20down%20green%2048%20Icon.jpg

Obviosly, you're making fun of me and are disregarding the contents of my post by sarcastically pretending that I'm joking.

Then I asked you not to talk about it if you are unable to troll.

http://www.veryicon.com/icon/preview/System/Function/arrow%20down%20green%2048%20Icon.jpg

Don't talk to me unless you can stop trolling.

Now you're pretending as if you really thought I was joking, despite the fact that your post was originally a joke about how silly my post was.

Nice try.

I guess you did not remember only a couple of posts back?

Of course, you will pretend that your post was serious and you actually got a laugh out of my post, thinking I was joking. That doens't add up either because of this:

Why?

To which you replied:

So, obviously, I wasn't joking and, obviously, you acknowledged that fact.

So, please, no more trolling and bait comments. I'm not your enemy. Get off me.

Originally posted by Q99
Pan was able to be effective against a villain who was able to give Goku and Trunks a fight (non-super mode, but still, those two would be in the millions).

"Effective" is grossly over-estimating her actual role in what occured. More like a slight annoyance. She was far less of a slight annoyance than SSJ Trunks and Goten were to Fat Majin Buu when Trunks kicked Buu through several cliffs.

Originally posted by Q99
If someone attacks someone of sufficiently different power level, nothing happens, which has been demonstrated many times.).

Incorrect per my previous example. That is inconsistant.

Originally posted by Q99
Pan also was effective against several of the Shenron.

Substaniate your claims.

So was SSJ4 Goku, yet, SSJ4 Goku had immense difficulty in uprighting a falling building.

All I see is Pan doing things in a power range definitely lower than 5000.

Originally posted by Q99
If Pan is strong enough effective against foes Goku (even base-form Goku) doesn't insta-stomp, she's over 10k.

Illogical.

Goku should have killed many of his oppoents, insta-stop, but he didn't and doesn't.

And that's an illogical jump in a power-level assessment, as is most of GT.

Furthermore, we NEVER see Pan go into a "blinding" fight where we only see those sparks and "bang" sounds as she fights too fast for us to see, like we see with just about every single fight in Z.

Additionally, she never exchanged blows to an extent that the shockwaves, alone, were causing breaks in the ground and cliffs around her. That's getting into the 1,000,000 range.

Additionally, when she clashes, we do not see the entire landscape around her and her enemy start to be completely destroyed in a maelstrom of destruction, like we saw what happened when first time SSJ Goku clashed with Frieza.

So, she's barely above 1000, if that, based on more consistant feats the the garbage GT has to offer.

Originally posted by Q99
And, in general, half-saiyans tend to start out with a lot of power, so it makes sense.

Incorrect.

That only example we have is of Gohan but he is the "most" special of all the characters in that he had the most hidden potential.

Goten fought evenly with Chi-Chi who is by-far, not a remarkable fighter compared to the Z-Warriors. Goten overpowered his mother, easily, once he went super-saiyan, but the fact that he wasn't punching through or or launching her many miles with single punches, should more than prove that the Chibi versions of super-saiyans are no where near Goku's initial SSJ transformation.

Originally posted by Q99
Other way around.

Conversely, what makes you think that she's weak? You've insulted people who don't agree with you, but that's not an argument.

No, I was correct with my original assessment.

A power-level of less than 5000 is NOT weak.

I insulted NO ONE.

Pay attention to what I'm about to show you:

QUOTE=13177672]Originally posted by dadudemon

Now, if you think that saying "morons" in anyway references ANYONE in this thread, please post proof that ANYONE in this thread has ever stated that Pan's power level is 1,000,000-15,000,000.

Becase you will not find any posts like that in this thread, you can only come to one single conclusion: that reference was not about ANYONE in this thread. If it wasn't about anyone in this thread, what was it about?

Obviously, morons on the internet that make absurd claims with things such as: "Pan's power level is at least 15,000,000." That's very moronic because she doesn't exhibit any power even remotely close to 1,000,000, much less 15,000,000.

From her feats, she's definitely less than 5000, but probably closer to 2000.

Q99
Your post just now is the *first* where you've actually provided a reason. Thinking you're joking, or heck, trolling yourself, is hardly odd.

Sure, it was an annoyance, but the General had a "hah, I'll totally ignore this one" smirk before it connected. This is someone who was expecting to tank and ignore the blow.

Also, Trunks couldn't have done that to Buu if he was a few thousand, your example is a super saiyan with a power in the millions.

Against Oceanus Shenron, who was able to go against Kid Goku (base form) head on pretty well, her kamehameha was what won the fight, causing major pain and making Oceanus revert to her true form allowing Goku to finish the job.

Or for 'effective,' how about able to hold Dr. Gero in his android body? We know that body is far stronger than Yamcha, who was easily into the 10ks when he fought Gero.

Ok, there's a lot of room between 1,000 and 1,000,000. What's your point?

And Goten and Trunks. Three examples, and those two got more power younger than Gohan did.

As a general rule of thumb it is the case though.

No, but she rarely runs into someone her own level- she does show very high speed occasion (like when she saved a kid from a deflected Kamehameha during the Oceanus Shenron fight), and was much too fast for Haze Shenron to do squat about, for example.

No. You're providing examples on why she's not in the millions. This does not make her down near 1k, which is what you're claiming.

Proving one thing does not prove another, and there's a huge gap between millions and your sub-10k claim that you're excluding. It's a strawman to attack high-end claims and say that proves very low-end ones.

I didn't say it was. It's not what she has, though.

Your tone is definitely hostile and a half.

Her highest feats are far in excess of 5k.

The Dr. Gero feat's probably the most clear, but her fights against Oceanus and Haze Shenron and General Rilldo also put her as much higher.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Your post just now is the *first* where you've actually provided a reason. Thinking you're joking, or heck, trolling yourself, is hardly odd.

Providing reasons in a thread that lacked reasons (only one had been provided when I made my first post) up to that point is hardly trolling myself.

That post was not addressed to you.

Originally posted by Q99
Sure, it was an annoyance, but the General had a "hah, I'll totally ignore this one" smirk before it connected. This is someone who was expecting to tank and ignore the blow.

Simple inertia: action reaction. He ignored it by not countering with his "equal and opposite" reaction to the force of her attack. Reaction took place.

Simple reason. Not some sort of outlandish reason that she has a power level in the multi-billions without being a super saiyan.

Originally posted by Q99
Also, Trunks couldn't have done that to Buu if he was a few thousand, your example is a super saiyan with a power in the millions.

And trunks was a super-saiyan when he did that. Again, action-reaction. The General did not smash through several cliffs after Pan did her thing.

Meaning:

1. Trunks was much stronger than Pan when he did that to Buu but he still wasn't nearly as strong as Goku was against Freiza.
2. Pan's hit was against a person not worrying about the hit, just like Buu. Buu's outcome? Through several cliffs.

Simple, right? I think so.

I have to leave, so I'll address the rest in 24 hours or so.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Against Oceanus Shenron, who was able to go against Kid Goku (base form) head on pretty well, her kamehameha was what won the fight, causing major pain and making Oceanus revert to her true form allowing Goku to finish the job.

Let's go with a huge PIS moment on Goku's part.

We go from a Goku whose powerup and clash with Frieza was causing a virtual blackhole maelstrom that absorbed and annihilated the land all around them. That is >>>>>>>>> than anything oceanus pulled off. General Tao would have been more than enough for Oceanus, much less a PIS GT Goku and a relatively weak Pan.

All one has to do is point to the fact that Goku was struggling to prevent a falling building from falling over and indicate how much Goku was struggling....while in SSJ4. That would make him weaker than General Tao....by far. That's PIS, to the max.

Originally posted by Q99
Or for 'effective,' how about able to hold Dr. Gero in his android body? We know that body is far stronger than Yamcha, who was easily into the 10ks when he fought Gero.

Gero was back in Human form. Remember, Android 20 was destroyed. He was resurrected back into a human form and sent to hell, like all of the other hell people.

Evidence? Frieza is "complete" after he is obliterated, back in his biological form.

However, that does not excuse how much of a horrendous piece of shit GT is when it comes to plot continuity: it's retardedly full of PIS which includes showing characters that only appeared in movies, coming from hell.

Originally posted by Q99
Ok, there's a lot of room between 1,000 and 1,000,000. What's your point?

I thought it was obvious: if you're suggesting that she is on a level as high as you are implying, she'd have to be somewhere close to super saiyan WITHOUT transforming. Remember, you said that characters that are much stronger than others do the typical "stand there and do nothing" while the other far weaker character goes to town and "nothing happens." It was also a comment related to my previous one where I had mentioned the external forum Pan fanboys wanking over absurd power-levels for Pan.

Originally posted by Q99
And Goten and Trunks. Three examples, and those two got more power younger than Gohan did.

Incorrect.

Follow the posts to see where you went wrong:

Originally posted by Q99

Incorrect.

That only example we have is of Gohan but he is the "most" special of all the characters in that he had the most hidden potential.

Goten fought evenly with Chi-Chi who is by-far, not a remarkable fighter compared to the Z-Warriors. Goten overpowered his mother, easily, once he went super-saiyan, but the fact that he wasn't punching through or or launching her many miles with single punches, should more than prove that the Chibi versions of super-saiyans are no where near Goku's initial SSJ transformation.

To which you replied:

Originally posted by Q99

So we are back to square-one: you last comment is not only incorrect, it is out of context of the conversation. You deleted the rest of my point which more than proved my point.

Gohan having a power-level that shoots, wildly, up and down, as a toddler should be more than enough proof that he had an absurd amount of potential. He was 4 when his power level shot up to 1370, "AND IT'S STILL CLIMBING!" laughing

That power level was much higher than anything seen in Dragonball.

So why did I take us on that journey? Because you think that Gohan, Goten, and Pan are even remotely close to Gohan in his hidden power: not the case. Like I said here:

On top of that, Goten was NOT fighting evenly with his mother: his mom was kicking his ass, which is what sent him over-the-top.

I still think the SSJ transformation provides a 50 fold power increase, minimum, so that explains why his SSJ form, while quite powerful, is not anywhere near his Father's initial first SSJ transformation. That also explains why Chi-Chi wasn't flying miles by his punches (or getting punched clean through by Goten.) Goten, obviously, gets stronger, base form, since his fight with his mother...as does Trunks.

In conclusion, only Gohan had immense hidden powers: Goten and Trunks are the exact opposite: their potentials are seen from 7 or 8 years old. When Gohan was 11, he went SSJ2: something that neither Goten nor Trunks can claim to have done. As Gotenks, they went SSJ3, but fusion realizes a significant exponential jump in power. But neither of them are ever shown going SSJ2, on their own.

Originally posted by Q99
As a general rule of thumb it is the case though.

I agree, for the most part, but it isn't always the case. Obvciously, Pan's was an exception because he stated that he was going to ignore her.

Originally posted by Q99
No, but she rarely runs into someone her own level- she does show very high speed occasion (like when she saved a kid from a deflected Kamehameha during the Oceanus Shenron fight), and was much too fast for Haze Shenron to do squat about, for example.

I do not see that as speed being higher than anything required of by 22nd "Tenkaichi Budokai" levels. Yes, sub 200 power level speed.

Originally posted by Q99
No. You're providing examples on why she's not in the millions. This does not make her down near 1k, which is what you're claiming.

No, that's EXACTLY what that means. I'm providing examples that proves that she's barely in the 1000s. (I estimate that she's at most less than 5000.) It makes her down near 1000, which is what I'm claiming. You're obviously claiming near-super saiyan level (or more), which is ludicrous.

Originally posted by Q99
Proving one thing does not prove another, and there's a huge gap between millions and your sub-10k claim that you're excluding. It's a strawman to attack high-end claims and say that proves very low-end ones.

Several things wrong with this:

1. It certainly does prove the other especially when they are so very complementary.

2. There's I reason I'm excluding that gap: she hasn't shown anything that even remotely suggests that we should consider that huge gap.

3. It's not a strawman to show you why the high-end feats are not indicative of a power-level in the millions. However, it is a strawman to mislabel me correcting your gross overestimation of Pan's abilities as "attacking." It's a futile angle to try and change the argument to defending why I was attacking Pan's feats when I was doing no such things: I was deconstructing your misinterpretation of those feats.

4. The feats do not prove very low-end ones: it shows a very linear power level that makes what you are incorrectly stating as "high-end feats" they are all about the same level: sub 5000 but MAYBE over 1000.

Originally posted by Q99

Follow along:

You said:
Originally posted by Q99
Conversely, what makes you think that she's weak?

To which I replied:

A power-level of less than 5000 is NOT weak.

To which you have replied:

Originally posted by Q99

Which makes your comment definitely wrong.

I've stated she's less than 5000.

You then paint that opinion as me calling her weak.

I then tell you that 5000 is NOT weak.

Now you claim to have never stated that 5000 is weak when you directly implied that the post prior.

Originally posted by Q99
Your tone is definitely hostile and a half.

Incorrect.

You've posted on these boards more than long enough to know that my tone is not even remotely hostile. If you take these conversations out of context and imagine angry fingers slamming on a keyboard as posts are typed, you should probably log-out and take a break: you're taking this shit waaaaay too seriously.

If anything, your comments have been hostile such as mislabeling what I'm doing as "attacking Pan's feats" and trying to dodge two points. Those are not becoming of friendly posts about DBZ. Kento and I have argued pages without hostile attitudes: there's no reason to try and mislabel because you're upset at me. I can argue like crazy, but I DO NOT think you're stupid and I DO NOT think you're stupid for wanting Pan to be so strong.

Originally posted by Q99
Her highest feats are far in excess of 5k.

If the stuff you mentioned is what you think are "high-end feats" then, no, you can barely make a case for 1000.

Originally posted by Q99
The Dr. Gero feat's probably the most clear, but her fights against Oceanus and Haze Shenron and General Rilldo also put her as much higher.

As I've clearly shown, that comment is wrong in every way.

carver9
Originally posted by danteiscool
now as much I like Bardock and as much as I definitely don't like Pan, I have to agree that while Bardock is badass while Pan isn't, Pan does have her share of feats that place her higher than what some say. hell, at the end of DBZ she flew around the world in... well, I can't remember how many hours it took, but considering her age at the time, it's certainly impressive.

She flew around the world in two minutes... not hours.
And goku told her that "that" was still too slow.

dadudemon
Originally posted by carver9
She flew around the world in two minutes... not hours.
And goku told her that "that" was still too slow.

Wah?

Do you have a scan to back that up because I could have sworn it was much longer than that.

TheAuraAngel
Wow this thread pains me with it's stupidity.

Pan wins. no expression

Q99
He fought Oceanus in non-Super form, of course he wasn't using his Frieza levels.

But even base-form Kid Goku is fighting way, way above 10k.

You're trying to write it off by calling it PIS, but your reason for doing so seems to be 'you don't like that it contradicts your arguments'.

And it's backed up by other fights.

Gero was in Android form for whatever reason, when Super 17 killed him he was blasted to pieces and clearly an android.

We saw he was an android in the most clear way possible.

You might not like GT, but Pan's feats in it still suggest way higher, and there's multiple of them.

If one character regularly has 'PIS high showings,' and other stuff doesn't contradict it, that's not PIS, that's how strong someone is.

If you don't like GT, it doesn't mean GT says what you want it to say.

I'm not picturing that. I'm just saying the language you're using is hostile. You can use hostile tone in your writing without being frothing in the mouth at your computer.

You're writing significantly more aggressively than you do in other threads.

You're just leaping to that number by disregarding GT feats and calling them all PIS.

You aren't posting feats that suggests she's 1k, merely trying to write off the higher ones and assuming it.

Anyway, between Gero-in-android-body and Oceanus, especially Gero, the case is pretty solid. Pan's stronger than 10k.

SpadeKing
Despite Bardock's manliness, he gets beaten by his great grand-daughter in a fashion that makes him look like her great grand-mother.

On a side note, 1k is way too low for her to even itch some of the enemies they fight despite the GT inconsistencies.

Black bolt z
Pan one shots bardock.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
He fought Oceanus in non-Super form, of course he wasn't using his Frieza levels.

But even base-form Kid Goku is fighting way, way above 10k.

You're trying to write it off by calling it PIS, but your reason for doing so seems to be 'you don't like that it contradicts your arguments'.

And it's backed up by other fights.

Incorrect.

It is one of the best examples of PIS from GT. It contradicts previous, canon, power showings, which is why it's PIS. And it's not backed up by other fights.

Oceanus is a sub 1000s power level, easily.

Originally posted by Q99
Gero was in Android form for whatever reason, when Super 17 killed him he was blasted to pieces and clearly an android.

We saw he was an android in the most clear way possible.

Then his power level was sub easily 1000. OR it's a massive pile of PIS.

Gero in GT does not show any power or strength above a human form in any way.

Originally posted by Q99
You might not like GT, but Pan's feats in it still suggest way higher, and there's multiple of them.

Incorrect. Those are lovely PIS moments.

Additionally, I own more of GT than any other series.

Originally posted by Q99
If one character regularly has 'PIS high showings,' and other stuff doesn't contradict it, that's not PIS, that's how strong someone is.

Incorrect. It's not "PIS" high showings. It's PIS low showings.

You're missing that.

Low showing for Goku.

Low showing for Gero.

Those are the PIS vectors: NOT Pan.

Originally posted by Q99
If you don't like GT, it doesn't mean GT says what you want it to say.

I like it, but I consider it a separate series away from the canon lines due to the many contradictions and PIS.

And you want Pan to be stronger than she is. She just doesn't have the showings you want her to have.

Originally posted by Q99
I'm not picturing that. I'm just saying the language you're using is hostile. You can use hostile tone in your writing without being frothing in the mouth at your computer.

You're writing significantly more aggressively than you do in other threads.

I disagree. And none of my posts have been hostile.

Originally posted by Q99
You're just leaping to that number by disregarding GT feats and calling them all PIS.

Again, you're cofusing the vector for PIS.

Originally posted by Q99
You aren't posting feats that suggests she's 1k, merely trying to write off the higher ones and assuming it.

No, you're posting feats that suggest that while confusing PIS from other characters for her high-end feats.

You're writing off feats from other characters which have known strength levels far in excess of Pan's and then pretending that Pan's high-end feats are somehow canon while ignoring the absurdity of the comparisons.

Originally posted by Q99
Anyway, between Gero-in-android-body and Oceanus, especially Gero, the case is pretty solid. Pan's stronger than 10k.

The case is pretty solid that GT is full of PIS and Pan has no showings of power above 5000k. That's a definite.

Pyron_Knight
That's some circular reasoning. Pan is weak therefore if she can hold Gero this version of Gero must be weak.

When there is absolutely no proof that he was weaker than before.

Pan was the only thing I liked about GT. She wins.

King Kandy
She only has no above 5000 showings because you just systematically excluded all the ones that are above 5000.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
That's some circular reasoning. Pan is weak therefore if she can hold Gero this version of Gero must be weak.

When there is absolutely no proof that he was weaker than before.

Pan was the only thing I liked about GT. She wins.

She only has no above 5000 showings because you just systematically excluded all the ones that are above 5000.

There is clear evidence that both Pan and Gero were much weaker than 5000. Holding that weak version of Gero down would not make that circular: it's fitting.

And, lol at your last comment. That sums up just about everyone's opinions.

Black bolt z
She only has no above 5000 showings because you just systematically excluded all the ones that are above 5000. Why do you believe she was not above 5,000?

Q99

It is one of the best examples of PIS from GT. It contradicts previous, canon, power showings, which is why it's PIS. And it's not backed up by other fights.

Oceanus is a sub 1000s power level, easily.

Oceanus deflected Goku's Kamehameha easily and required significant fighting by him to take down.

This is another case of "So-and-so's weak because if they were strong, it'd destroy my argument," rather than any in-show indication of PIS.

Here's a hint: If there's quite a few 'PIS' incidents that all support each other and make sense together and are the majority of the character's showings period, then it's not PIS.

No there isn't. The only evidence you're providing why Gero is weaker is he was held by Pan. The only evidence you're providing why Pan isn't strong enough to hold Gero is claiming he was weaker.

That's definition circular.

Not really. Choosing to ignore non-isolated examples isn't what most people do, or what anyone else here is going. It's bad arguing.

Note how no-one else agrees with your dismissing of all the incidents.

TheAuraAngel
Logic seems to indicate that Pan would win. So, yay.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Oceanus deflected Goku's Kamehameha easily and required significant fighting by him to take down.

And that K. did not blow up the earth or cause land destruction and the whole atmosphere to go black in comparison to the blast. It wasn't even on par with his K. blasts from when he was a kid in Dragonball.

So what's your point? That it was a PIS moment on Goku's part (really, CIS)? I agree with that.

Originally posted by Q99
This is another case of "So-and-so's weak because if they were strong, it'd destroy my argument," rather than any in-show indication of PIS.

Not at all and as we saw above, you are supporting my points, not creating a case for your own.

Originally posted by Q99
Here's a hint: If there's quite a few 'PIS' incidents that all support each other and make sense together and are the majority of the character's showings period, then it's not PIS.

You'd first have to make a case for that which you've not done.

Considering all of GT is PIS, you're also wrong.

Originally posted by Q99
No there isn't. The only evidence you're providing why Gero is weaker is he was held by Pan. The only evidence you're providing why Pan isn't strong enough to hold Gero is claiming he was weaker.

That's definition circular.

Yes there is. Gero is far weaker because his prior form was strong enough to easily destroy planets. On top of this, Pan's feats do not match up with anything over 5000. This is on top of a massive depowering of all characters for GT.

Originally posted by Q99
Not really. Choosing to ignore non-isolated examples isn't what most people do, or what anyone else here is going. It's bad arguing.

No, it is you choosing to ignore the simple facts of "weaker" throughout of GT. You use PIS moments to support your case while ignoring everything else that indicates she's far weaker than 10,000, much less the 150,000,000 minumum that you are implying.

Originally posted by Q99
Note how no-one else agrees with your dismissing of all the incidents.

Argumentum ad populum, eh? Just because you are all fans of Pan winning, does not mean you have a logical leg to stand on. The entire series of GT from the beginning is non-canon.

Bentley
Yes there is. Gero is far weaker because his prior form was strong enough to easily destroy planets. On top of this, Pan's feats do not match up with anything over 5000. This is on top of a massive depowering of all characters for GT.

You realize nothing you just said proves Gero is weaker than before, right? It's like saying Piccolo didn't destroy a planet in GT so he's weaker than he was before. "A massive depowering of all characters for GT" it's a complaint, not an argument.

Ridley_Prime
Logic seems to indicate that Pan would win. So, yay.
No, not yay. Nay!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bentley
You realize nothing you just said proves Gero is weaker than before, right? It's like saying Piccolo didn't destroy a planet in GT so he's weaker than he was before. "A massive depowering of all characters for GT" it's a complaint, not an argument.

Prove he has the same power-level as before and I'll concede.

Bentley
Prove he has the same power-level as before and I'll concede.

Prove Piccolo didn't become weaker just because!

You realize there is no reason to assume he became weaker, he even exploded and we saw android pieces, where would he get a mechanical body that's actually weaker than it was and why? It makes no sense to assume otherwise.

dadudemon
Prove Piccolo didn't become weaker just because!

That's work if I were saying that Piccolo was just as strong as his old self after having died and gone to hell.

You realize there is no reason to assume he became weaker, he even exploded and we saw android pieces, where would he get a mechanical body that's actually weaker than it was and why? It makes no sense to assume otherwise.

That's simple: he made himself back into an android while in hell but was obviously far weaker. We know for a fact that "androids" of sorts turn completely into flesh so he obviously modded himself after he went to hell.

We know that a person who is much stronger than you are can be held in place by a far weaker oponenent.

Radditz is around 1200 and when Goku fought him, he was around 416. Goku held him in place and there was nothing Radditz could do about it.

Radditz was about 3 times higher in power.

There's also the issue of Dr. Gero POSSIBLY being physically weaker than an organic being of equal power-output. Being able to blow shit up and being able to lift shit up is not the same thing, especially in the Dragonball universe. There is a correlation but they are not equally progressive.

So we could argue that Dr. Gero is very weak, even compared to a power level of 1000 rated quarter Saiyan. smile

But, if I forgot, you guys could show me some showings from that version of Dr. Gero and it would make me change my mind ( a little). What are Gero's showings?

TheAuraAngel
closedeyes

Android 17 died with Cell correct? He was revived as an android, not a normal human. It was apparently out of Shenrons power to change him into a full human. In fact, this happens 3 times total in DBZ. 3 times of this occurring more than covers for the one instance where Frieza did not keep his Mecha body. So, everything indicates that Gero should still be an android and should still be as strong as he was when he pummeled Yamcha into the ground like a bug. Yamcha> Bardock.

Q99

There's also the issue of Dr. Gero POSSIBLY being physically weaker than an organic being of equal power-output. Being able to blow shit up and being able to lift shit up is not the same thing, especially in the Dragonball universe. There is a correlation but they are not equally progressive.

Yea, he shoved his arm through Yamcha's chest. Physically. Most of his feats were physical.

Even if his physical power is less than his total power, his total power was in the millions. That puts his physical power at obviously not remotely near 1k.

As for making himself an android in hell, one, that's pure speculation, 17 and 18 both remained Androids when resurrected as did 20 (who even though he wasn't with Gero and Myuu came back as an android as well), and two, he made Hellfighter 17 in Hell, at least equal to the original, stronger than a Super Saiyan, so his lab in Hell was excellent too.

So based on this lack of evidence, you conclude he went from a body in the millions to a body at sub-1k.

You are talking very loose, unsupported reasons for claiming characters are less powerful, then trying to say this supports your exact pulled-totally-out-of-thin-air numbers.

TheAuraAngel
Millions might be a bit much.....Piccolo, while in the millions, was clearly more powerful than Gero, who had taken some of Piccolos own power. So millions might be a bit of a stretch.

Q99
Millions might be a bit much.....Piccolo, while in the millions, was clearly more powerful than Gero, who had taken some of Piccolos own power. So millions might be a bit of a stretch.

Yea, but Piccolo had to be close enough that a simple fusion with Kami booted him up all the way above normal SSJ1 (who are like 12-14 mil), and I don't think he more than doubled, so I'd judge him in the 5-8 mil range.

Well, hard to tell precisely in the post-scouter era.

TheAuraAngel
Well regardless, Gero is strong enough to smack Yamcha around. Who in turn beat Recoome, who would laughably destroy Bardock.

So Pan should win.

dadudemon
closedeyes

Android 17 died with Cell correct? He was revived as an android, not a normal human. It was apparently out of Shenrons power to change him into a full human. In fact, this happens 3 times total in DBZ. 3 times of this occurring more than covers for the one instance where Frieza did not keep his Mecha body. So, everything indicates that Gero should still be an android and should still be as strong as he was when he pummeled Yamcha into the ground like a bug. Yamcha> Bardock.

Dragonball restoration and afterlife resurrection are not the same thing nor are they equal.

We know for a fact that, at least for the good guys, the immortal body had much more energy output. (But that appears to only be true for immortal good guys) That's not the same as restoring a mortal body back to it's original self.

TheAuraAngel
Dragonball restoration and afterlife resurrection are not the same thing nor are they equal.

We know for a fact that, at least for the good guys, the immortal body had much more energy output. (But that appears to only be true for immortal good guys) That's not the same as restoring a mortal body back to it's original self.

So what you're saying is, Androids 17 and 18 died, were human in the afterlife, and then brought back as Androids by Shenron for some unexplained reason?

Because you'd have to be saying something along those lines for it to make any sense. And even then, you're ignoring simple logic. Gero was shown to be an an Android when he died correct? This indicates that he was an android in Hell while he was there. It's supported by ever other android being brought back to life as an android.

Frieza is the only inconsistent variable here. And that can be explained with logic as well. He wasn't really an android, just took robot parts to compensate for his missing limbs. Gero obviously did not do the same for him or the other androids because they can pass for people, the inside of them being quite mechanical, given how they could self destruct and such. Different science at work.

Edit: Even if you could prove that the androids are human in the afterlife, it still wouldn't explain just why Gero turned himself part android. Why? What could he gain from being part android in Hell? Why would he change himself to android form if he was creating the ultimate super andoird? It gives him nothing. Especially if he were to make himself a weaker android than before.

carver9
That's work if I were saying that Piccolo was just as strong as his old self after having died and gone to hell.

That's simple: he made himself back into an android while in hell but was obviously far weaker. We know for a fact that "androids" of sorts turn completely into flesh so he obviously modded himself after he went to hell.

We know that a person who is much stronger than you are can be held in place by a far weaker oponenent.

Radditz is around 1200 and when Goku fought him, he was around 416. Goku held him in place and there was nothing Radditz could do about it.

Radditz was about 3 times higher in power.

So we could argue that Dr. Gero is very weak, even compared to a power level of 1000 rated quarter Saiyan. smile

But, if I forgot, you guys could show me some showings from that version of Dr. Gero and it would make me change my mind ( a little). What are Gero's showings?

Ill like to make a correction to this post.

The only reason goku was able to hold raditz in place was due to the damage gohun did to raditz with that chest shot. If it wasn't for that (he even admits this while trying to break out of gokus grip)... he would have easily slapped goku out of the way.

dadudemon
Originally posted by carver9
Ill like to make a correction to this post.

The only reason goku was able to hold raditz in place was due to the damage gohun did to raditz with that chest shot. If it wasn't for that (he even admits this while trying to break out of gokus grip)... he would have easily slapped goku out of the way.

Incorrect. That's no where in any of the manga or anime.

SushiChan
Come on pan has to win! girls are tough!

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by SushiChan
Come on pan has to win! girls are tough!

laughing

I loved that comment....I'm not sure why though.

Girls do not tend to be tough in DBZ. Pan does win though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.