Fewest # of heralds that could take down Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stall_19
What's the fewest number of herald level characters that it would take to beat Odin?

You need to post the team you think could down Odin.

TheLordofMurder
Depends on bad Odin wants to win; he could go into 2000ft Destroyer mode with Gungnir in hand and it would take (bare minimum) tens of thousands of Silver Surfers to beat him (this is my humble opinion of course)...

If he is at normal power levels, it depends on how he fights them; if he fights like a brick with energy projection, then I am not sure...but I would guess around 20-30.

But if he fights at normal power levels, but fights deviously (lets say he goes intangible and attacks all of them spiritually), then I honestly think he could keep killing them 1 at a time until he got tired of doing so.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Depends on bad Odin wants to win; he could go into 2000ft Destroyer mode with Gungnir in hand and it would take (bare minimum) tens of thousands of Silver Surfers to beat him (this is my humble opinion of course)...

If he is at normal power levels, it depends on how he fights them; if he fights like a brick with energy projection, then I am not sure...but I would guess around 20-30.

But if he fights at normal power levels, but fights deviously (lets say he goes intangible and attacks all of them spiritually), then I honestly think he could keep killing them 1 at a time until he got tired of doing so. That was Odin amped with all the asgadian spirits and the destroyer isn't standard Odin gear making your post irrelevant.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I wouldn't call it an amp persay (Not in the Sun Dip sense). It is his energy that makes the Asgardians who they are.

He giveth, and he taketh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I wouldn't call it an amp persay (Not in the Sun Dip sense). It is his energy that makes the Asgardians who they are.

He giveth, and he taketh. If it's not how he normally appears so it's an amp and the destroyer isn't a part of his standard equipment anyways.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
If it's not how he normally appears so it's an amp and the destroyer isn't a part of his standard equipment anyways.

You can call it whatever you like as long as you don't make it seem -or imply- that Odin's accessing a power that's not his own.

He doesn't need the Destroyer to absorb the energy of Asgardians if that's what you're implying.

Deadline
I don't think any team can really beat Odin, you just need alot of them as canon fodder so he can be overwhelmed with sheer numbers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In regards to this thread, I think you would need an unrealistic number of heralds to be able to beat Odin. I honestly can't think of the number of heralds you would need to beat Odin if he goes all out.

I don't think 1 Surfer or a 1000 Surfers would make any difference to Odin for example. He waves, they go down. His simply beyond Heralds. It's like picturing Hulk getting so angry he surpasses Galactus in strength. Just doesn't work for me.

I think placing a number of heralds into a single body would be a lot more effective. The next best thing would be to have a large number of heralds made up of beings with powers specifically useful/designed for a particular strategy to win.

Deadline
In regards to this thread, I think you would need an unrealistic number of heralds to be able to beat Odin. I honestly can't think of the number of heralds you would need to beat Odin if he goes all out.

I don't think 1 Surfer or a 1000 Surfers would make any difference to Odin for example. His simply beyond Heralds. It's like picturing Hulk getting so angry he surpasses Galactus in strength. Just doesn't work for me.

Sure you're not going a little overboard here? A 1000 Surfers wouldn't do it?

I think placing a number of heralds into a single body would be a lot more effective. Or at least having a very large number made up of heralds with powers specifically useful for a particular strategy.

I don't know, I don't know of any herald that has a powerset that could act as a silver bullet. Maybe Surfers analytical abilities but there is no brute force to back it up. I think you need sheer numbers.

dmills
I can't think of any. But to have a chance in hell they need to attack on several fronts. Magically, psionically/psychically, etc.

All I know is that they'd better eat their wheaties.

Deadline
Originally posted by dmills

All I know is that they'd better eat their wheaties.

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Deadline
Sure you're not going a little overboard here? A 1000 Surfers wouldn't do it?

I don't see why they would. They're best bet would be to combine all of their power into one assault but that depends to much on want Odin's doing.

I don't know, I don't know of any herald that has a powerset that could act as a silver bullet. Maybe Surfers analytical abilities but there is no brute force to back it up. I think you need sheer numbers.

I can't think of any either. That was just the best option as far as I can tell.

Colossus-Big C
galactus stated he was as powerful as 1 million surfers

Deadline
I don't see why they would. They're best bet would be to combine all of their power into one assault but that depends to much on want Odin's doing.

To be fair hasn't Surfer gone up against people like Mephisto? I'm thinking 1000 is way too much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To be fair hasn't Surfer gone up against people like Mephisto? I'm thinking 1000 is way too much.

IIRC, he once beat Mephisto with the purity of his soul. So?

I think a thousand Surfer isn't going to be enough. I don't understand why it would. They'd probably blast him at the same time creating some solar system/galaxy busting explosion. Then Odin would just start dropping them all.

over 9000

seriously, 1000 surfers would butcher odin

Gecko4lif
All of them. Ever.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
over 9000

seriously, 1000 surfers would butcher odin

Why?

Deadline
IIRC, he once beat Mephisto with the purity of his soul. So?

Hasn't he held his own against Mephisto and isn't mephisto skyfather?

I think a thousand Surfer isn't going to be enough. I don't understand why it would. They'd probably blast him at the same time creating some solar system/galaxy busting explosion. Then Odin would just start dropping them all.

Could have sworn Surfers dealt with galaxy destroying force.

Starscream M
under 100 surfers will defeat odin

Uriel005

Could have sworn Surfers dealt with galaxy destroying force. The only surfer that stands a chance is the one that raged about Uatu showing him home that he showed his greatest ability. The ability to spontaneously generate power cosmic out of nothingness. Galactus went WTF was that and thought he was stronger without realizing who it was. Other than that no amount of heralds should take down Odin just like no amount should take down RKT

quanchi112

You can call it whatever you like as long as you don't make it seem -or imply- that Odin's accessing a power that's not his own.

He doesn't need the Destroyer to absorb the energy of Asgardians if that's what you're implying. No, but he generally appears alongside the asgardians and protects them so taking back their energies is amping himself.

I never implied that I only meant the destroyer armor along with sapping the asgardians spirits back into himself isn't allowed in this thread.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
galactus stated he was as powerful as 1 million surfers scan?

Rage.Of.Olympus

They've had three fights I believe. It was made pretty clear that Surfer was insignificant to Mephisto in their first fight as far as I remember; Surfer actually beat Mephisto in their second fight but I'm pretty sure he threw it on purpose and he was portrayed beyond Norrin. In their third fight, they were both dead and IIRC, it was just Mephisto trying to get Surfer to fight him in everlasting combat (Which he succeeded in doing until he was whisked away by Agatha I believe).

I think he beat Mephisto at one point using his pure soul trick but that's about the best his done as far as I know. Besides, Mephisto fluctuates. Thor's had him on the run in his own realm. Was even kicking his ass at one point.

Could have sworn Surfers dealt with galaxy destroying force.

I can't think of any instances. The closest scene I can remember is the Uni-Lord scene, and that was like an internal What If.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, but he generally appears alongside the asgardians and protects them so taking back their energies is amping himself.

I never implied that I only meant the destroyer armor along with sapping the asgardians spirits back into himself isn't allowed in this thread.

What? How does the first half -before so- of your sentence support the second half -after so- of your sentence ? But whatever, it doesn't matter:

Why wouldn't it be allowed in this thread? Drawing on the power of Asgardian's is something his done more than once.

I'm not arguing that's it's even likely, I'm arguing that's it's an option on the table. Just want to make that distinction clear.

the Darkone
Here's the the thing with Odin, if he taps into the Odin-force all out Odin grows in sizes which means he is unleashing raw cosmic/mystical energies, that have in the past rock the Multi-verse in terms of shock waves what heralded can withstand that?

You would need heralded that are sky-father level or pretty close in order for them o put Odin down.

Omega Vision
Rage's wanking aside Odin isn't beating 15 PISless Surfers, let alone 1000

Rage.Of.Olympus
I admit, I'm pretty biased -nothing I can do about that outside of getting serious which is no fun- but 15 Surfers? Common.

Silent Master
15 is a bit low, seeing as Odin has casually one-shotted the Surfer.

Black bolt z
I really don't see what stacking canon fodder what do. You'd need to overwhelm him with sheer numbers.

Probably around 2-300 surfer's would be my best guess.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Rage's wanking aside Odin isn't beating 15 PISless Surfers, let alone 1000 did you not get the memo that Odin stops time?!

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I really don't see what stacking canon fodder what do. You'd need to overwhelm him with sheer numbers.

Probably around 2-300 surfer's would be my best guess. how the phuck is surfer cannon fodder?

people are seriously ranking Odin waaaaay above where he is

yes he is a skyfather

and surfer is a high herald

they're far apart...but not THAT far apart

odin did not beat thanos like cannon fodder

odin wore destroyer armor just to fight friggin thor

gimme this odin wank a rest

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin won't need to stop time against Heralds unless you get an unrealistic level of numbers.

Don't see what stacking cannon fodder will do. It's like putting a 100 Spider-Men against Surfer. It's pointless.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
how the phuck is surfer cannon fodder?

people are seriously ranking Odin waaaaay above where he is

yes he is a skyfather

and surfer is a high herald

they're far apart...but not THAT far apart

odin did not beat thanos like cannon fodder

odin wore destroyer armor just to fight friggin thor

gimme this odin wank a rest 2 things.

1: Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer

2: When you have the power to one-shot someone adding more will not do much. Its like stacking banes against the hulk. They just need enough to burn odin out of enough energy that they can take him.

Starscream M

Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos you're basing this on what? cuz their one fight certainly didn't indicate that.

why did odin wear destroyer armor just to fight thor?

Nihilist
Its funny that people say Odin got underplayed against Thanos, yet no one even thinks Surfer got under played against Odin, its not like he's never taken harder blasts than that before and not been ko'd.

Black bolt z
you're basing this on what? cuz their one fight certainly didn't indicate that.

why did odin wear destroyer armor just to fight thor? Considering Odin dished out all the damage and took none...yeah he is.Originally posted by Nihilist
Its funny that people say Odin got underplayed against Thanos, yet no one even thinks Surfer got under played against Odin, its not like he's never taken harder blasts than that before and not been ko'd. Not saying odin wasn't underplayed against thanos. He's just that powerful to one shot surfer.

As for when Odin fights thor the only reason thor lives is because its a goddamn comic. The main character isn't really supposed to lose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think he has taken more powerful shots than a single blast from Odin like against the Primordial Gods. Then again, people loving basing Odin's limitations on his fight with Thanos.

Starscream, stop talking out of your *ss. When has Odin ever doned the Destroyer armor to fight Thor? The only time that happened was in a non cannon book.

did you not get the memo that Odin stops time?! would that really work? SS can displace himself through time too

Nihilist
Considering Odin dished out all the damage and took none...yeah he is. Not saying odin wasn't underplayed against thanos. He's just that powerful to one shot surfer.

As for when Odin fights thor the only reason thor lives is because its a goddamn comic. The main character isn't really supposed to lose. Wasnt talking to you as your opinion means nothing to me.

Why? cause that's a lot of silver surfers

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
Wasnt talking to you as your opinion means nothing to me. And yours does kinda

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
cause that's a lot of silver surfers

mhmm

I concede.

Nihilist
And yours does kinda To me yeah, and you started by quoting me, tard.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
To me yeah, and you started by quoting me, tard. And once again you have nothing intelligent to say.

Concession accepted.

Nihilist
And once again you have nothing intelligent to say.

Concession accepted. Concession laughing out loud what about? You dont even know what it means..suppose youll have to wait for someone else to post it, then you can quote that then.

Starscream M

As for when Odin fights thor the only reason thor lives is because its a goddamn comic. The main character isn't really supposed to lose. and don't we base our debates on 'comics'

and hasn't thor saved odin's behind in the past when asgard was under siege?

Black bolt z
and don't we base our debates on 'comics'

and hasn't thor saved odin's behind in the past when asgard was under siege? The fact that thor can do something that odin isn't capable of is just stupid no expression.

I mean its because of Odin that thor has any power.

Starscream M
The fact that thor can do something that odin isn't capable of is just stupid no expression.

I mean its because of Odin that thor has any power. its not up to you to determine what is stupid or not

it has happened, has it not, that odin requested thor's help to save asgard...and thor's contributions often end up being quite significant, if not the game changer? that would directly contradict your notion that high heralds like surfer and thor are mere cannon fodder for Odin

Black bolt z
its not up to you to determine what is stupid or not

it has happened, has it not, that odin requested thor's help to save asgard...and thor's contributions often end up being quite significant, if not the game changer? that would directly contradict your notion that high heralds like surfer and thor are mere cannon fodder for Odin But the fact that Odin empowers thor and gives him his power and Odin still has much much more power then what he is giving thor yet thor can do things Odin can't.

Logically Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor.

Starscream M
But the fact that Odin empowers thor and gives him his power and Odin still has much much more power then what he is giving thor yet thor can do things Odin can't.

Logically Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor. last time I checked, you didn't create Odin or Thor, nor do you currently write for Marvel, so what you think 'should' be true is of little value in this discussion. rather, we rely on what HAS been shown onpanel...regardless of whether it offends your sense of logic or not.

Black bolt z
last time I checked, you didn't create Odin or Thor, nor do you currently write for Marvel, so what you think 'should' be true is of little value in this discussion. rather, we rely on what HAS been shown onpanel...regardless of whether it offends your sense of logic or not. Fine. Odin was stomping thanos. Thanos has stomped thor.

Silent Master
Fine. Odin was stomping thanos. Thanos has stomped Odin.

You mean, "Thanos has stomped Thor", right?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Silent Master
You mean, "Thanos has stomped Thor", right? Yeah. Too many people.

Rage.Of.Olympus
its not up to you to determine what is stupid or not

it has happened, has it not, that odin requested thor's help to save asgard...and thor's contributions often end up being quite significant, if not the game changer? that would directly contradict your notion that high heralds like surfer and thor are mere cannon fodder for Odin

Thor almost always saves Asgard and Odin always asks him to go on missions. That however proves nothing. If Odin intervenes, conflicts end almost all the time. His either in the Odin Sleep, choosing not to intervene for some reason, or using Thor as a representative of himself.

Nihilist
About 10.

quanchi112
What? How does the first half -before so- of your sentence support the second half -after so- of your sentence ? But whatever, it doesn't matter:

Why wouldn't it be allowed in this thread? Drawing on the power of Asgardian's is something his done more than once.

I'm not arguing that's it's even likely, I'm arguing that's it's an option on the table. Just want to make that distinction clear. It's not ordinarily his own so this is an amp. It's still his own power but he always has his power spread out throughout the asgardians.

The other asgardians aren't in this thread hence he can't do so. You seem hell bent on arguing for amps now that are impossible within the parameters of the thread.

did you not get the memo that Odin stops time?! The context of the scene was misrepresented.

zopzop
Rage is correct. Stacking Heralds means nothing if the greatest Herald, the SS, can't even hurt Odin. He gave the example of 1000 Banes vs the Hulk. It wouldn't make a difference how much you have.

Odin is simply LEAGUES above Heralds. A better thread would be what energy level Galactus (hungery, normal, just eaten) would it take to put down Odin (no gear or Odin with gear).

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's not ordinarily his own so this is an amp. It's still his own power but he always has his power spread out throughout the asgardians.

The other asgardians aren't in this thread hence he can't do so. You seem hell bent on arguing for amps now that are impossible within the parameters of the thread.

You can call it whatever you like as long as you don't make it seem -or imply- that Odin's accessing a power that's not his own

So what if the other Asgardian's aren't in this thread? Odin isn't limited by space/time. In his battle with Forsung, he thought of it, and their power was no more, including Thor, Sif and Balder who were in another dimension.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Uriel005
The only surfer that stands a chance is the one that raged about Uatu showing him home that he showed his greatest ability. The ability to spontaneously generate power cosmic out of nothingness. Galactus went WTF was that and thought he was stronger without realizing who it was. Other than that no amount of heralds should take down Odin just like no amount should take down RKT

I've heard about that incident with Surfer, do you know what book or issue it takes place because I want to check it out myself.

quanchi112
You can call it whatever you like as long as you don't make it seem -or imply- that Odin's accessing a power that's not his own

So what if the other Asgardian's aren't in this thread? Odin isn't limited by space/time. In his battle with Forsung, he thought of it, and their power was no more, including Thor, Sif and Balder who were in another dimension. It's an amp because this isn't how he is normally portrayed making it irrelevant to this thread.

Not relevant for this thread. smile

Black bolt z
It's an amp because this isn't how he is normally portrayed making it irrelevant to this thread.

Not relevant for this thread. smile It is not an amp...he just wasn't holding back no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's an amp because this isn't how he is normally portrayed making it irrelevant to this thread.

Not relevant for this thread. smile

Because you say so? Drawing on the power of Asgardians or Asgard are viable options for Odin. Not likely, but they are on the table.

quanchi112
It is not an amp...he just wasn't holding back no expression You don't even know what we are talking about as usual.

Because you say so? Drawing on the power of Asgardians or Asgard are viable options for Odin. Not likely, but they are on the table. They aren't viable options in odin thread as we don't include the entire asgardian race as calmly sitting in a room awaiting Odin's instructions. We go by what is normally portrayed. Do you ever win a debate ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
They aren't viable options in odin thread as we don't include the entire asgardian race as calmly sitting in a room awaiting Odin's instructions. We go by what is normally portrayed. Do you ever win a debate ?

Awaiting Odin's instructions? The Asgardians have no say in whether or not Thor drains them of their power. Furthermore, Odin is not limited by time and space as proven in his fight against Forsung.

quanchi112
Awaiting Odin's instructions? The Asgardians have no say in whether or not Thor drains them of their power. Furthermore, Odin is not limited by time and space as proven in his fight against Forsung. He doesn't have access to them in vs. threads he fights how he is normally portrayed. What aren't you getting ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Access? What the f*ck are you talking about? There isn't some magical barrier preventing him on drawing power that is his own. He doesn't need to be near Asgardians to draw on their power as shown when he drains/depowers Thor, Sif, Balder etc. on Earth from Asgard.

You have presented absolutely no argument thus far. Give me a reason why he couldn't or concede.

quanchi112
Access? What the f*ck are you talking about? There isn't some magical barrier preventing him on drawing power that is his own. He doesn't need to be near Asgardians to draw on their power as shown when he drains/depowers Thor, Sif, Balder etc. on Earth from Asgard.

You have presented absolutely no argument thus far. Give me a reason why he couldn't or concede. Are you saying this is how he is normally portrayed ?

This is about normal portrayal not prep against some foe he had specific armor for. He never amped himself against surtur or any other foe when he needed to by drawing in all other asgardians. Do you have a point ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Are you saying this is how he is normally portrayed ?

This is about normal portrayal not prep against some foe he had specific armor for. He never amped himself against surtur or any other foe when he needed to by drawing in all other asgardians. Do you have a point ?

Normal portrayal? No one is arguing that Odin walks around on a daily basis with the energies he gave to Asgard/Asgardians withdrawn. I am however arguing that it is a viable option. We have seen Odin drawing on energy for battle 3 times already.

What do you mean prep? His drawn on his given energies twice at will without any prep. Surtur? Irrelevant. We've seen him do it more than once against other opponents. You just keep throwing out random points that get shot down. This has been a reoccurring pattern in our encounters. It's getting tedious.

You have no problem mentioning the Force Block as a viable tactic for Thanos -in the past- when his used it only once without a weapon as far as I know.

Badabing
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

If a character has displayed an ability on a few occasions, it's fair play.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Won't be enough. Trust me.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Rage is a little too overboard with his number and people are also underselling Odin at the same time. 1000 SS would certainly do the trick being a full capacity and no CIS or PIS. However, I believe 15 isn't enough to get the job done. I'm going to say around 150 would do the trick. The problem is.. he would just one shot or two shot many with ease. He is just that powerful and there would be a ton of Surfers lying on the ground before they can finally take him down.

Simbon
Power tiers are more fungible than people often make them out to be. One thing to remember here is that WE DON'T HAVE TO USE JUST SS as a herald. I suspect it would actually be much more effective to use many less powerful heralds whose powers are better suited to fighting Odin. I think it could be done with 12-15 heralds. You need 6 or 7 heralds with high damage and durability to act as cannon-fodder (SS, BRB, King Hyperion, etc.) The remaining heralds should be either high-end telepaths who could collectively mind-rape Odin (admittedly, this begs the question: how many Moondragons, Cassie Novas, Exoduses etc. does it take to mindrape Odin? I suspect that 6-8 top-class telepaths could do it via mindlink), or high-end magic-manipulators who could collectively depower or restrain him (Loki, Enchantress, Strange, Vulcan, Warlock, etc.)

A THIRD strategy that would reduce the number of people it takes is to use characters whose powers can stack. Mimic, for instance with the powers of Darwin (adapt to magic), Multiple man, and three others might be able to last quite a long time against Odin, long enough to give team members a chance to launch an effective attack. Another example is Starfox, who isn't that powerful by himself, but who could probably raise Gladiator above herald level with his emotional manipulation.

So: here is a possible team:

1-2) Quasar and Superman (Quasar amps Supes with yellow sun)
3-4) Starfox and Glads (Eros amps Glads)
5) King Hyperion
6) Silver Surfer
7) Black Adam
8) Vulcan
9) Cassandra Nova
10) Moondragon
11) Exodus
12) Shaman X-man
13) Xavier
14)Martian Manhunter
15) God-like Cable

quanchi112
Normal portrayal? No one is arguing that Odin walks around on a daily basis with the energies he gave to Asgard/Asgardians withdrawn. I am however arguing that it is a viable option. We have seen Odin drawing on energy for battle 3 times already.

What do you mean prep? His drawn on his given energies twice at will without any prep. Surtur? Irrelevant. We've seen him do it more than once against other opponents. You just keep throwing out random points that get shot down. This has been a reoccurring pattern in our encounters. It's getting tedious.

You have no problem mentioning the Force Block as a viable tactic for Thanos -in the past- when his used it only once without a weapon as far as I know. It isn't though.

Under the right set of circumstances it's possible for him to do so I am not saying he can't but in a thread against heralds it's ridiculous and out of character. We go by what's in character for a given situation not cling to any showing and act like it's in character for him to do so in every single thread where you feel like exaggerating Odin.

I've seen him lose without doing so which would have probably given him the win. he knew against the Celestials through trial and error his power alone wasn't alone and that he needed the armor, the uni mind, and every asgardian through a well orchestrated plan which ultimately failed badly against the 4th host.

AlmightyKfish
Cosmo solos shifty

Black bolt z
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Cosmo solos shifty It says herald. Not bone-afide abstracts.

See what i did there dur1?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It isn't though.

Under the right set of circumstances it's possible for him to do so I am not saying he can't but in a thread against heralds it's ridiculous and out of character. We go by what's in character for a given situation not cling to any showing and act like it's in character for him to do so in every single thread where you feel like exaggerating Odin.
Originally posted by Badabing
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.

It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

If a character has displayed an ability on a few occasions, it's fair play.
I've seen him lose without doing so which would have probably given him the win. he knew against the Celestials through trial and error his power alone wasn't alone and that he needed the armor, the uni mind, and every asgardian through a well orchestrated plan which ultimately failed badly against the 4th host.

So you didn't read Thor #300.

CosmicComet
Just 1.

Hulk.

iceman24567
I see 6-10 high herald characters being enough depending on the line up. To me sheer numbers isnt enough a team with versatility and power should do the trick

Silver Sufer
Majestic
Nova Prime
Thor
Dr. Strange pre bull shit
Genis Vell
Wonder Woman haters gon hate no expression
Wally West

quanchi112
So you didn't read Thor #300. I did.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Really? It doesn't seem like it based on your post. I suggest you go re-read it. No, re-read Thor #301. I don't think even you could miss it.

quanchi112
Really? It doesn't seem like it based on your post. I suggest you go re-read it. No, re-read Thor #301. I don't think even you could miss it. Explain which part of my post was incorrect. It's been a while I don't memorize and reread these arcs too often and rarely ever. So explain and break down what I misremembered.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hint: Odin considered and utilized the strategy that you said he didn't.

quanchi112
Hint: Odin considered and utilized the strategy that you said he didn't. What strategy ? Just tell me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What strategy ? Just tell me.
It's funner this way:

quanchi112
It's funner this way: You will lose interest before I do. By the way canon is spelled with one n not two like you've been doing over and over again.

Now go ahead it's not difficult spit it out.

Mindset

I don't think 1 Surfer or a 1000 Surfers would make any difference to Odin for example. He waves, they go down. His simply beyond Heralds. It's like picturing Hulk getting so angry he surpasses Galactus in strength. Just doesn't work for me.

I think placing a number of heralds into a single body would be a lot more effective. The next best thing would be to have a large number of heralds made up of beings with powers specifically useful/designed for a particular strategy to win. What if they all combine their power into one SS?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You will lose interest before I do. By the way canon is spelled with one n not two like you've been doing over and over again.

Now go ahead it's not difficult spit it out.

Criticizing my spelling of a word? Dude, you make grammatical errors all the time.

*Sigh*

Odin utilized withdrawing energy when he engaged the Celestials.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Stall_19
What's the fewest number of herald level characters that it would take to beat Odin? around... a hunnid'

quanchi112
Criticizing my spelling of a word? Dude, you make grammatical errors all the time.

*Sigh*

Odin utilized withdrawing energy when he engaged the Celestials. I don't continually misspell a word like you have. I might have a typo here but I know the difference between a cannon and what is canon.

What did I say that conflicted with this ?

Uriel005
Originally posted by vince_slice
I've heard about that incident with Surfer, do you know what book or issue it takes place because I want to check it out myself. It's earth-691 Surfer the Keeper the series is Guardians of the Galaxy volume 1 - 23 25 58 59 60

Q99
Originally posted by zopzop
Rage is correct. Stacking Heralds means nothing if the greatest Herald, the SS, can't even hurt Odin. He gave the example of 1000 Banes vs the Hulk. It wouldn't make a difference how much you have.

Odin is simply LEAGUES above Heralds. A better thread would be what energy level Galactus (hungery, normal, just eaten) would it take to put down Odin (no gear or Odin with gear).

Plenty of Heralds can combine power, unlike Bane, though.

A thousand Surfers or GLs combining their might into a single beam will floor any Skyfather.

---

Personally, I'm going to dip into another universe, namely Crossgen.

Why? Sigil-bearers can drain magic if they know how. So a force with a few dozen Samandahl Rey, Mercer Drake, Giselle, etc. level Sigil-bearers could be a major threat.

Odin might be able to figure out how to resist a power drain from them, but it's not a sure thing.

Or alternatively, put some First in there. They're basically like Heralds, but often get boosted by being lent or taking power from other First. Normally just to higher in herald level or sometimes to Trans, but throw in 100 of them in there and you could probably pump a couple of 'em high enough for the job. Throw in Empher in reserve, who's power is to get stronger when others are hurt and even without outside boosting has gotten up into Trans.

Hm, or a combination of the two. Sigil bearers boosted by drained first get crazy strong. Take a strong Sigil bearer who'd be useful against Odin like Giselle the Mystic. Feed her 10+ First and she's Skyfather or higher, meanwhile Empher nearby remains undrained and gets boosted by their draining all the way up to Trans at least... and you're pretty well off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.