Darkseid's Army vs Odin's Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Darkseid, Cyborg Superman, Mongul, Atrocitus, Superboy Prime, Zoom, and Doomsday

vs

Odin and all of his Asgardian liege

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18627/731823-darkseid_by_kenpudiosaki.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/300956-79129-odin.jpg

quanchi112
Who do you include in his liege ?

Starscream M
Originally posted by quanchi112
Who do you include in his liege ? thor, loki, all asgardians...even BRB

KuRuPT Thanosi
DS wins

Supermutant
The way Taskmaster and co was owning most of the Asgardians, I say DS & co. It would still take a lot to keep Odin down.

SquallX
Which Mongul. The father, or the son.
Which Doomsday. HP Doomsday, Gog Wars Doomsday, DR of Superman.

Starscream M
Originally posted by SquallX
Which Mongul. The father, or the son.
Which Doomsday. HP Doomsday, Gog Wars Doomsday, DR of Superman. current Doomsday

current Mongul

shokosugi
Darkseid's army wins.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Supermutant
The way Taskmaster and co was owning most of the Asgardians, I say DS & co. It would still take a lot to keep Odin down.

It was stated many times that Asgardians were made more mortal, and weaker living on Earth. So that's one explanation. But I think this fight really comes down to Odin vs Darkseid, and Darkseid's tech. Of course, the best starategy for the Asgardians is for all of them, including Odin to go into the Destroyer armor. Then I'd have a hard time seeing Darkseid win.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37768/1461458-34195456_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37768/1461459-61078284_super.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Yea, JMS showed that they were less powerful, and apparently a fair bit easier to kill. During Blood and Thunder, a team of Surfer, Drax, Adam Warlock, Gamora, Moon Dragon

What exactly is Odin's liege? Are weapons included? I.e. Destroyer Armor, Norn Stones, Twilight Sword etc.?

Is Enchantress included? What about Hela?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Yea, JMS showed that they were less powerful, and apparently a fair bit easier to kill. During Blood and Thunder, a team of Surfer, Drax, Adam Warlock, Gamora, Moon Dragon

What exactly is Odin's liege? Are weapons included? I.e. Destroyer Armor, Norn Stones, Twilight Sword etc.?

Is Enchantress included? What about Hela? only weapons that are normally on hand are included...

odin's liege includes all who hold allegiance to odin and asgard

Black bolt z
Odin solos?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Odin solos? based on what I've read ppl saying about Odin...he should...? I mean, his time stop alone should be enough, right?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Starscream M
based on what I've read ppl saying about Odin...he should...? I mean, his time stop alone should be enough, right? I wasn't counting on his time stop...

Uriel005
DS has time manips too doesn't he??? also SBP Zoom and Mongul should be able to get around time stops.

Starscream M
I wasn't counting on his time stop... and you still thought he soloed?!! eek!

wow...you place him that high?

zopzop
Odin solos with moderate difficulty.

Odin with gear : Destroyer Armor, drawing power from Asgard and the Asgardians, etc.. rape stomps.

Starscream M
Odin solos?

Originally posted by zopzop
Odin solos with moderate difficulty.

the level of odin wankery has reached absurd proportions... eek!

zopzop
the level of odin wankery has reached absurd proportions... eek!

Dude, he can destroy GALAXIES with ease. You understand that? His serious fights affect the entire multiverse and threaten reality with extinction.

He either stomps: no gear; or rape stomps : with gear.

quanchi112
Odin's side, easily.

Utrigita
Good fight imo Starscream, no idea on who wins though, but imo it could go either way.

SquallX
Wasn't Darkseid mere presence affecting the universe.

I read some where that he destroyed a solar system with his Omega Beams. I could have read it wrong, cause it's been a while.

Black bolt z
Dude, he can destroy GALAXIES with ease. You understand that? His serious fights affect the entire multiverse and threaten reality with extinction.

He either stomps: no gear; or rape stomps : with gear. My god not this crap again.Originally posted by Starscream M
and you still thought he soloed?!! eek!

wow...you place him that high? Because hes much stronger then anyone on DS's team.

Take away Odin and take away DS then we have a fight.

zopzop
My god not this crap again.

Dude, none of what I wrote is debatable, since it was stated and shown on panel. Now stop acting like a child.

MrMind
aside odin, all the other asgardians are gonna get killed by zoom before they notice what's goin on

I think DS's army would win

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
I think DS's army would win

Black bolt z
Dude, none of what I wrote is debatable, since it was stated and shown on panel. Now stop acting like a child. Yes it is. Because its not quantifiable.

You still have yet to give me any COMBAT FEATS that show Odin on abstract level.

A big AOE doesn't give you above abstract tiering.

iceman24567
Going with DS and his army

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Wasn't Darkseid mere presence affecting the universe.

I read some where that he destroyed a solar system with his Omega Beams. I could have read it wrong, cause it's been a while. What does this even mean ? Odin has affected the multiverse before in a battle and the entire space continuum iirc.

Philosophía

He either stomps: no gear; or rape stomps : with gear. Darkseid has supplied at least 1/5 of the power to destroy an entire Universe. 1/5 of the Universe > any of Odin's feats.

His fights affecting the Multiverse means absolutley nothing.

Uriel005

Silent Master
Didn't Thor contain a blast that was supposed to destroy 1/5 of the universe in Avengers annual#16?

Desaad

He either stomps: no gear; or rape stomps : with gear.

To the best of my knowledge, that's only really happened once or twice, and during a fight with his 'dark side' that was tapping into the power of Infinity, making the whole thing suspect.

It's about as rare as Darkseid, say, causing the destruction of the multiverse, or creating universes with his Omega Sanction.

That said, everyone talking about Darkseid's tech and armies and what not, the OP seems to be indicating that Darkseid's 'army' is just the group of characters he listed (which pretty well limits my interest in this thread, frankly).

I'd say that group takes it still, though, as generally speaking Odin isn't as powerful as all that. Getting knocked out by earthquakes and captured by some aliens, etc. They've both got some crazy low showings. As it is, I'd give Superboy Prime decent odds against Odin.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Uriel005
.... that makes no sense... A multiversal affecting fight being << 1/5 of a universe in destruction. Actually, it does make sense. It means that his energy bled outside the normal universe and into other dimensions - which as far as his raw power is concerned, which is what it's in discussion, is rather irrelevant. It might go to show that Odin's control over his energy isn't that impressive, since he is involuntarily having it randomly bouncing off to other areas other than the battlefield/adversary. smile

But if you have a logical argument, go ahead. Why is it more impressive? Because one contains the word multiverse and the other universe?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Desaad
To the best of my knowledge, that's only really happened once or twice, and during a fight with his 'dark side' that was tapping into the power of Infinity, making the whole thing suspect.

It's about as rare as Darkseid, say, causing the destruction of the multiverse, or creating universes with his Omega Sanction.

That said, everyone talking about Darkseid's tech and armies and what not, the OP seems to be indicating that Darkseid's 'army' is just the group of characters he listed (which pretty well limits my interest in this thread, frankly).

I'd say that group takes it still, though, as generally speaking Odin isn't as powerful as all that. Getting knocked out by earthquakes and captured by some aliens, etc. They've both got some crazy low showings. As it is, I'd give Superboy Prime decent odds against Odin. No doubt I'd actually put SBP above DS as even a normal Superman at moderately above average levels kicks in DS head.

KuRuPT Thanosi
SBP above DS... normal supes above DS... nah

KuRuPT Thanosi

quanchi112

Philosophía
He had 4 other characters helping him anyways. Yes, which is why I said at least 1/5th of the Universe - their combined power destroyed an entire Universe, and he is arguably more powerful than all of them. Originally posted by quanchi112
Imagine if Odin teamed up with 4 other characters and tired to destroy the universe. I can also imagine Batman kicking Living Tribunal's head off. Doesn't make it a valid argument.

Starscream M

quanchi112

Desaad
Superboy Prime obviously has an incredibly high average, taking it to Guardians, re-arranging the universe (over time), taking it to the GL Corps, throwing the remnants of the Anti Monitor galaxies away, etc.

But he's got his low showings to. He's had trouble, and had blood drawn by, Superboy (Kon El/Conner).

Putting him above Darkseid - who has such a long and storied history, who has been a part of CRAZY feats like creating universes or causing the destruction of the multiverse by his very entrance, feels kind of unreasonable.

Even if you leave off from the Final Crisis stuff, since that was a retcon of his 'true nature', even if you just go with all the non-Final Crisis stuff, he's still created universes (in Seven Soldiers, in Batman), he's still casually imprisoned the entire Legion of Superheroes (in Foundations), he's still destroyed Mordru and a high level Time Trapper 'stand in' (in GDS), he's still no-sold Lobo, etc.

His average is much more variable, but putting a relative flash in the pan like Superboy Prime above him is unfounded, as far as I'm concerned.

Desaad
How will DS counter Odin's ability to stop time?

DS himself has substantial time manipulation abilities, and has faced numerous other foes with the ability to stop time, like Green Lanterns.

Starscream M

Odin has actually affected the entire space continuum, destroyed galaxies, affected the multiverse so I don't see the ridiculous comparison you just tried to make.
if odin was this powerful, why didn't he flick thanos like an insect?

quanchi112
if odin was this powerful, why didn't he flick thanos like an insect? Because Thanos was this powerful. Also if Darkseid was this powerful why did he get crushed by DD in less three panels.

Most writers don't have solar systems getting destroyed in all of their fights.

Starscream M
Because Thanos was this powerful. Also if Darkseid was this powerful why did he get crushed by DD in less three panels.

Most writers don't have solar systems getting destroyed in all of their fights. Why are you asking me about Darkseid...I haven't made any claims about him.

and lol at thanos being a multiversal effecting character.

quanchi112
Why are you asking me about Darkseid...I haven't made any claims about him.

and lol at thanos being a multiversal effecting character. I used your own logic with the same character against Odin here against you. Of course you sidestep the question as it goes both ways. LOL.

Thanos was his peer in this comic whether you like it or not but please quit bringing up Thanos this will derail the entire thread into anther Thanos vs. Odin debate.

Starscream M
well, its hard not to bring up thanos when discussing odin as that's one of the few major onpanel fights he had...but ok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.