Lady shiva vs. Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Fight takes place in a UFC style arenra only 4 times bigger. Along the caged walls are weapons to be used. Weapons include a broadsword, battle axe, spear, sai, throwing knives, katanas, setsukon (3-sectional staff), and (shuriken) throwing stars.

Note: Blade's standard equipment are not permitted. Only the weapons listed above are permitted.

So who takes it?

juggernaut74
This fight is more suited for Blade.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by juggernaut74
This fight is more suited for Blade.

This is exactly the kind of thing Shiva does. She's a warrior. She would love to test her skills against Blade's.

jinzin
Hm, surprised the Blade Acolytes haven't flocked to this thread yet.. I mean, Shiva's only human afterall. shifty

Lord_Talron
shiva wins.

Deadline
Originally posted by jinzin
Hm, surprised the Blade Acolytes haven't flocked to this thread yet.. I mean, Shiva's only human afterall. shifty

You don't understand the arguments being put forth by the Blade side. You are misrepresenting their arguments.

Originally posted by Marvelknight
This is exactly the kind of thing Shiva does. She's a warrior. She would love to test her skills against Blade's.

Blade is an expert in edged weapons.

jinzin
Originally posted by Deadline
You don't understand the arguments being put forth by the Blade side. You are misrepresenting their arguments.

laughing out loud

Uh huh, that's what it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deadline
laughing out loud

Uh huh, that's what it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats part of the argument not all of it.

Omega Vision
Lady Shiva

juggernaut74
Isn't Shiva considered a top-tier weapons expert in DC?

King Castle
Isn't Shiva considered a top-tier weapons expert in DC? but so is blade.
he has walls of weapons at his hideout... already has an edge. wink

srankmissingnin
Isn't Shiva considered a top-tier weapons expert in DC?

Yes, she is "considered" a top-tier weapons expert in DC, but does she have any feats that would validate that opinion? Not really. As it stands her proficiency with weaponry is largely hearsay.

That being said Shiva has never been humiliated in sword play by a random nobody vampire and had her skills called weak faltout.

Q99
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yes, she is "considered" a top-tier weapons expert in DC, but does she have any feats that would validate that opinion? Not really. As it stands her proficiency with weaponry is largely hearsay.

That being said Shiva has never been humiliated in sword play by a random nobody vampire and had her skills called weak faltout.

Iirc she fought Katana with swords once for the purpose of trying to take Katana's sword, and it was mentioned the reason why Shiva didn't use weapons normally is almost none would be worthy to be wielded by her but Katana's would be an exception to that.

Also in her big Batgirl matchup, they actually started out with swords but they were shattered early in the fight, so not too helpful. I think Cass has been seen using swords a bit more often (even having them as standard gear during her time on the JL Elite), but there have been a few times when Shiva's used a blade or other weapon.

Trackz

That being said Shiva has never been humiliated in sword play by a random nobody vampire and had her skills called weak faltout. you mean the pure blood who almost took over new orleans of course who he ended up beating by the way, i love how you ignored context completely.

juggernaut74

That being said Shiva has never been humiliated in sword play by a random nobody vampire and had her skills called weak faltout. Are you saying Blade is terrible with a sword?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Trackz
you mean the pure blood who almost took over new orleans of course who he ended up beating by the way, i love how you ignored context completely. Did Blade ever fight anybody with any sort of swordskills?

srankmissingnin
Are you saying Blade is terrible with a sword?

I'm saying he is a journey man at best, and not a master.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Trackz
you mean the pure blood who almost took over new orleans of course who he ended up beating by the way, i love how you ignored context completely.

A nobody vampire who failed to take over a city with a virtually non existence superhero presence. Blade got punked and then cheap shotted him while he was distracted.

Trackz
A nobody vampire who failed to take over a city with a virtually non existence superhero presence. Blade got punked and then cheap shotted him while he was distracted.

you can say it over and over again, that doesn't make it right. We know he was over 300 years old and vampires get more powerful with age.

I love how
dr. voodoo
black panther
monica rambeau
luke cage
and blade

all count for zero superhero presence.

even this guys minions almost took out luke cage and t'challa before blade showed up to help. But lets use this one instance to determine Blade's swordsmanship. Talk about lowballing.

The Nuul

Snoop is having sex with Snipes. He'll be back.

Q99
Ok, I got curious and checked out the respect thread.

Shiva's sword vs Mooks. Of course, no contest. Moving on.

Chain and sword vs mooks page 1 / page 2. Likewise. Moving on.

Shiva's sai vs Katana page 1 / page 2 / page 3. Now that was brutal, temporarily fatal in fact, and Katana's a master who can block full auto fire pretty easily (here. And this is literally pages before Shiva shows up). I had... honestly thought that Katana had done better than that ^^; (though I believe she got the sword back somehow)

That one's impressive.

Trackz
Did Blade ever fight anybody with any sort of swordskills? He beat europes best fencer turned vampire while he was still human only using a stake.

he beat a millenium old spirit (that was trapped in another dhampirs body)

he beat varnae in a sword fight as well a vampire much more powerful than the one from the black panther comic.

in fact, varnae emphasized how dangerous blade was when get gets a weapon in his hand.

Guggenheim has also stated Blade is a master with nearly all weapons known to man and has been shown on panel using a variety of different weaponry.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Q99

Shiva's sai vs Katana page 1 / page 2 / page 3. Now that was brutal, temporarily fatal in fact, and Katana's a master who can block full auto fire pretty easily (here. And this is literally pages before Shiva shows up). I had... honestly thought that Katana had done better than that ^^; (though I believe she got the sword back somehow)

That one's impressive. Yea, those are pretty cool.

Tracks lets see some of Blade's weapons feats if you can think of any.

Trackz
Yea, those are pretty cool.

Tracks lets see some of Blade's weapons feats if you can think of any. just check the respect thread, i already listed a couple, snoopdogg made the blade thread pretty organized.

Marvelknight
Shiva can win this. Blade has a hard fight on his hands here.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Shiva can win this. Blade has a hard fight on his hands here. Originally posted by Q99

That one's impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.