Doomsday and Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
This isn't really a versus idea, more of a what if? Suppose that the Marvel villain Apocalypse, devoting his entire life to the principle of survival of the fittest, were to encounter the DC monster Doomsday, a being that was artificially evolved and engineered with that same goal in mind. What would happen? Would Apocalypse bow and acknowledge Doomsday as Master or choose to try and use Doomsday as his new Horseman of Death?

jinzin
pffft Poccy would get floored.

iceman24567
If he tried to "use" Doomsday he would end up with spikey fists down his throat

illadelph12
Depends on which Doomsday. Pre-sentience Doomsday Apocalypse likely has to teleport away before Doomsday adapts a way to neutralize Apoc's metamorphing and other powers. Post-Sentience Doomsday could possibly be manipulated into being a Horseman.

King Castle
Originally posted by illadelph12
Depends on which Doomsday. Pre-sentience Doomsday Apocalypse likely has to teleport away before Doomsday adapts a way to neutralize Apoc's metamorphing and other powers. Post-Sentience Doomsday could possibly be manipulated into being a Horseman. what i didnt understand was why was HP DD not trying to kill cyborg superman?

i see a real possibility that apoxy could control him via celestial tech if he can get him in one of his transformation machines

Omega Vision
It has to end with Apoc looking like a *****.

jinzin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It has to end with Apoc looking like a *****.

lol

Kick to face.

Starscream M
It has to end with Apoc looking like a *****. depends on how you define *****

King Castle
i dont see Apoxy acknowledging and bowing down to DD he probably view him as a dumb animal to be used due to lack of intelligence and try to turn him into a servant.

Uriel005
Actually i see him stepping back and seeing how far doomsday's evolution can go. technically he would be the ideal being in Apoc's eyes. Of course countermeasures would start getting planned from the get go

King Castle
i could see Apoxy wrangling him after some planing..

Hey there, ho there, hey there......

Starscream M
Apoc grows to 1000 feet, grabs DD, and throws him into the sun!

King Castle
Originally posted by Starscream M
Apoc grows to 1000 feet, grabs DD, and throws him into the sun! if he did that i see DD running through his ankle

TheTyrant
Apocalypse would beat Doomsday up and then turn him into one of his horsemen.

The Nuul
Apoc grows to 1000 feet, grabs DD, and throws him into the sun!

I see what you did there.

If Apoc grew to 1000 ft then he would be that much more powerful.

TheTyrant
Good to see that somebody here has vs forum logic almost as flawless as mine.

Black bolt z
If Poccy bowed to him DD would kill him.

If Poccy tried to defeated him DD would kill him.

I notice a pattern mmm

Originally posted by Uriel005
Actually i see him stepping back and seeing how far doomsday's evolution can go. technically he would be the ideal being in Apoc's eyes. Of course countermeasures would start getting planned from the get go meh, that'd be darwin and his plot device power. he just sucked the death godness right out of hela last month.

I agree with kc, poccy's attitude towards dd would be the same one he has towards the hulk. he'd view him as a freakish brute to be used as a pawn or eliminated as a potential threat

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Black bolt z
If Poccy bowed to him DD would kill him.

If Poccy tried to defeated him DD would kill him.

I notice a pattern mmm

Too bad Apocalypse can't be killed by Doomsday. A single drop of his blood is enough to ensure his life and since Doomsday has no tp or tk, he can't hurt Apocalypse without splling his blood.

The Nuul
lol

TheTyrant
Agreeing with me again, Nuul?

King Castle
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Too bad Apocalypse can't be killed. are you serious or are you being fictitious? confused

i know Apoxy can regenerate and be cloned in a regeneration matrix or organic soup but i dont see how that is relevant.

Nihilist
If this is DOS Doomsday, Apocalypse makes him his horseman.

The Nuul
Agreeing with me again, Nuul?

Yes, no one can beat your Apoc debating skills. Too good just like Big C.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by King Castle
are you serious or are you being fictitious? confused

i know Apoxy can regenerate and be cloned in a regeneration matrix or organic soup but i dont see how that is relevant.

Read the edit.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes, no one can beat your Apoc debating skills. Too good just like Big C. And your Apoc debating skills are great, eh.

The Nuul
Nil, go blow and a goat.

The Nuul
Any DD but DOS wins if there is no BFR.

Nihilist
Nil, go blow and a goat. Your wannabe bad ass attitude is laughable.

Stick to saying stuff like "he jobs" because you dont know what youre talking about.

The Nuul
I never claimed to be badass.

Once again you are putting words in other peoples mouths.

Ignored, go troll and bash someone else.

Nihilist
I never claimed to be badass.

Once again you are putting words in other peoples mouths.

Bye bye **** face.

Ignored, go troll and bash someone else. Dont cry son, its only a comic forum.

laughing out loud at you calling me a troll/bash, you spent Big C's entire time here doing that to him.

And youre mocking others for saying Apoc wins, so why dont you put up a Doomsday wins argument.

Black bolt z
Too bad Apocalypse can't be killed by Doomsday. A single drop of his blood is enough to ensure his life and since Doomsday has no tp or tk, he can't hurt Apocalypse without splling his blood. Even if this is true(which I have never heard anyone say this, ever) DD is still much more powerful.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Nihilist
Even DOS Doomsday wouldn't be close to easy for Apoc to subdue if he could at all.

Pretty much any other version walks over Apoc.

TheTyrant
BBZ; you need to read on Apocalypse before saying DD is more powerful than him. Just read my post in the last page of the Cheetah vs Apocalypse thread.

TheTyrant
Even DOS Doomsday wouldn't be close to easy for Apoc to subdue if he could at all.

What can Doomsday do to Apocalypse?

Black bolt z
BBZ; you need to read on Apocalypse before saying DD is more powerful than him. Just read my post in the last page of the Cheetah vs Apocalypse thread. WHat does Apoc have on DD?

Smarts, tech, matter and energy manip.

But as for strength and durability DD is just leaps and bounds above him.

Uriel005
Or apoc turns himeslf into true adamantium and sits through whatever DD throws at him At least thats what a non jobber with his powers would do. However because its Apoc even with non jobbing on he still doesn't because he is that much of a jobber.

TheTyrant
WHat does Apoc have on DD?

Smarts, tech, matter and energy manip.

But as for strength and durability DD is just leaps and bounds above him.

Godly regeneration on par with that version of Lobo who was said to be able to clone himself with a drop of his blood, teleportation, tk, self manipulation, energy projection, shields, smarts, matter manip, energy absorption, skill, self and malleability. Strength is also about even.

Prep-Man
DD.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Uriel005
Or apoc turns himeslf into true adamantium and sits through whatever DD throws at him At least thats what a non jobber with his powers would do. However because its Apoc even with non jobbing on he still doesn't because he is that much of a jobber.

Shit, I forgot about the AD part.

TheTyrant
You know it.

jinzin
Originally posted by Nihilist

...... NO. no expression

-Pr-
Nihilist and Nuul, cut it out.

far as the thread goes, even DOS DD was still a high level cl100; i'd worry about apocalypse against him.

jinzin

Originally posted by -Pr-

far as the thread goes, even DOS DD was still a high level cl100; i'd worry about apocalypse against him.
Seriously! DOS Doomsday gets undersold ALL the time... And I really don't understand why....

Was it killing Darksieds war buddy ripping him limb from limb and making DS experience a twinge of fear?

Evacuating planets just by showing up?

Tossing a pre-Avatar/PC Darksied around like a rag doll with the whisk of his hand?

Ripping through a Green Lantern and piecing him limb by limb as well?

Tanking everything the combined efforts of the JLA could muster?

Clobbering guys like guy Gardner, a disguised MM, and Superman with one hand literally tied behind his back?

Practically one shotting Supergirl (at the time).

Being noted as fast as the flash?

Being too fast and powerful to be contained by a Supes/Maxima double team?

The only thing that put him down was everything Superman had.

And while everyone's comfortable writing that off as if "Superman was weaker" has some sort of valuable merit in a forum discussion....
Weaker than WHAT?!
Weaker than the currently depicted Superman?.... That's not exactly something to be ashamed of, especially when the Superman of the time was still doing ridulous feats of strength like tossing moon sized spacecraft, or throwing 30-40 million ton mountains around.

Then you've got Clark outright stating DD's stronger than Lobo... Lobo for god's sake... the guy has Looney Tune like feats of strength.

And Doomsday was only getting stronger and stronger as the fight progressed.

All of this and somehow as soon as people read or write "DOS" they automatically conclude that Doomsday's stomp worthy for almost anyone with a C100 certification....
It's absurd.

Apocalypse would be hard pressed to deal with DOS Doomsday... and frankly I think that version of DD would probably wreck him anyways. The other versions shouldn't even warrant discussion IMO. no expression

-Pr-
Not everyone read the stuff that happened pre DOS, sadly.

The Nuul

Too late for your MSG because I already put him on ignore.

Thanks for showing up! But too slow.

-Pr-
Too late for your MSG because I already put him on ignore.

Thanks for showing up! But too slow.

Hopefully it stays that way.

Omega Vision
What can Doomsday do to Apocalypse?
Throw a table.

psycho gundam
apocalypse had to walk hulk twice a day and pick up after him, don't see why he couldn't do the same with doomsday's dumb ass also *shrug*

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
apocalypse had to walk hulk twice a day and pick up after him, don't see why he couldn't do the same with doomsday's dumb ass also *shrug*
Maybe because the version of Hulk he subdued was one of the weakest ones?

Starscream M
Maybe because the version of Hulk he subdued was one of the weakest ones? this is also the weakest doomsday

The Nuul
this is also the weakest doomsday

No its not, OP just says DD and not DOS. Forum rules say average showings so this DD is above DOS.

illadelph12
I wonder if the Transmode Virus could overwrite Doomsday's DNA.

Starscream M
No its not, OP just says DD and not DOS. Forum rules say average showings so this DD is above DOS. oh ok...for some reason I thought it was DOS DD

Omega Vision
I wonder if the Transmode Virus could overwrite Doomsday's DNA.
Highly doubtful. Doomsday was engineered to be the perfect Darwinian organism. He's what Apocalypse wishes he could make.

TheTyrant
Throw a table.

*Apocalypse dodges*

Now what?

Maybe because the version of Hulk he subdued was one of the weakest ones?

During the Onslaught arc, Cable fought Onslaught-controlled Hulk and managed to win. The same Cable stood no chance against Apocalypse.

Apoc >>>> that Cable > Hulk
----

Anyway, there is nothing Doomsday can do to someone as versatile as Apocalypse. Malleability plus teleportation plus telekinesis plus regeneration = auto win against any average brick. Apocalypse wins, whether this is an out of character or in character fight.

King Castle
*Apocalypse dodges*

Now what?

During the Onslaught arc, Cable fought Onslaught-controlled Hulk and managed to win. The same Cable stood no chance against Apocalypse.

----

Anyway, there is nothing Doomsday can do to someone as versatile as Apocalypse. Malleability plus teleportation plus telekinesis plus regeneration = auto win against any average brick. Apocalypse wins, whether this is an out of character or in character fight. in character i see Apoxy lips forgetting to phase 70% of time... confused

Allankles
Of course in a straight fight DD would crush him, realizing this Apoc is smart enough to figure out a way to manipulate the monster.

King Castle
if early cyborg could do it Apoxy lips with his tech could pull it off

The Nuul
lol @ DD being an average brick.

Omega Vision
*Apocalypse dodges*

Now what?

----

Anyway, there is nothing Doomsday can do to someone as versatile as Apocalypse. Malleability plus teleportation plus telekinesis plus regeneration = auto win against any average brick. Apocalypse wins, whether this is an out of character or in character fight.
Doomsday throws a homing table. I can keep this up all day. 131

What has he accomplished with TK?

TheTyrant
lol @ DD being an average brick.

High end brick: Pre-crisis Omega, Trion Juggernaut
Average brick: Hulk, Doomsday, Juggernaut
Low end brick: Thing, She-Hulk

TheTyrant
Doomsday throws a homing table. I can keep this up all day. 131

What has he accomplished with TK?

Lifted a castle with tk.

Omega Vision
Lifted a castle with tk.
(1) Pretty sure that was debunked
(2) That's still not much. A castle is nothing compared to the kind of tk power it takes to restrain/pwn a high end Cl 100+
PC Omega and Trion Juggernaut aren't really bricks though, they're like on the low end of Cosmic just about.

TheTyrant
(1) Pretty sure that was debunked
(2) That's still not much. A castle is nothing compared to the kind of tk power it takes to restrain/pwn a high end Cl 100+

When was it debunked and in what thread?

King Castle
Low end brick: Thing, She-Hulk sounds about right to me..

funny about the castle TK feat.. big grin

Nihilist
Apoc beat Stryfe just using Tk iirc

illadelph12
Highly doubtful. Doomsday was engineered to be the perfect Darwinian organism. He's what Apocalypse wishes he could make.

The techno-organic virus isn't Apocalypse's creation, it's actually the Celestials creation iirc, and he (Apocalypse) discovered it aboard their Ship. Apocalypse happens to be infected with it (he's basically a mutant/technarch hybrid), so it's really not a valid response (blind Apocalypse hate withstanding) as the virus has nothing to do with whether Apocalypse is the epitome of Darwinism and moreso to do with the fact it was designed by beings that could manipulate Doomsday's genetic material like Play Doh.

The transmode virus was engineered to consume organic and inorganic matter and make techno-organic beings out of it's victims (hence, the Technarchy and Phalanx, etc). If Doomsday could be infected, there's a good chance Apocalypse could subvert him into being an agent.

The Nuul

lol

Pre-crisis Omega and Trion Juggernaut are more like cosmics.

Hulk, Doomsday and Juggernaut are top level bricks.

Nihilist
The techno-organic virus isn't Apocalypse's creation, it's actually the Celestials creation iirc, and he (Apocalypse) discovered it aboard their Ship. Apocalypse happens to be infected with it (he's basically a mutant/technarch hybrid), so it's really not a valid response (blind Apocalypse hate withstanding) as the virus has nothing to do with whether Apocalypse is the epitome of Darwinism and moreso to do with the fact it was designed by beings that could manipulate Doomsday's genetic material like Play Doh.

The transmode virus was engineered to consume organic and inorganic matter and make techno-organic beings out of it's victims (hence, the Technarchy and Phalanx, etc). If Doomsday could be infected, there's a good chance Apocalypse could subvert him into being an agent. Good post Delph, Apoc gets way too much hate.

jinzin

The transmode virus was engineered to consume organic and inorganic matter and make techno-organic beings out of it's victims (hence, the Technarchy and Phalanx, etc). If Doomsday could be infected, there's a good chance Apocalypse could subvert him into being an agent.

Do you think that's likely?

Doomsday's powers notwithstanding....
How easy would it be for Apoc to do that to a being like DD on the attack?

When has he ever done something like this in a fight as a measure to win?

jinzin
*Apocalypse dodges*

Now what?

----

laughing out loud
Lulz at DD being an average brick.....

You're apparently really unfamiliar with DD and his power set.

So far we've seen him able to coat himself in a force field that nullified energy canceling out the guardian.
We've seen him adapt to the abilities of a GL ring and overcome it's abilities and constructs.
We've seen him take an OE attack at full power and get back up.
Take the chronal energy of Waverider, and reverse it back at his attacker.
Develop powers to compensate on the fly with opponents he can't beat at the start of a fight including projectile weapons, poisons strong enough to mess up a heavily amped Superman using a Motherbox, changing his bone structure mid fight, molecular composition, healing factor that acts like liquid metal.
Reject Braniacs mind control expelling him from his head.
Consistently homes in on the weakness of a planet/opponent/etc and makes use of it for the maximum destructive output.
Consistently navigates the cosmos without the need for flight.

Apocalypse has NEVER had to deal with someone on Doomsday's level.... and that includes DOS Doomsday.

He would get wrecked badly, that you think he has a powerset that affords him an "autowin" OR that DD is an "average brick" is a GROSS underestimation of Doomsday or comic book ignorance at it's best.

illadelph12
Originally posted by jinzin
Do you think that's likely?

Doomsday's powers notwithstanding....
How easy would it be for Apoc to do that to a being like DD on the attack?

When has he ever done something like this in a fight as a measure to win?

Well, most famously, he infected Cable with the virus using it as a weapon, and the entire Blood of Apocalypse Storyline centered around Apocalypse using his blood as a weapon and it's effects on the general populace of Earth, so apparently he has been written to know that's an option, and given that all of Doomsday's abilities come from genetics, moreover genetic manipulation via evolution, going up against an adaptive techno-organic virus that consumes organic matter and overwrites dna would be a tall task for his powers.

As far as infecting Doomsday, last time I checked, Doomsday needs to make physical contact in order to attack, so Apocalypse could, using his shape-shifting, make barbed pustules or spikes on his body so when Doomsday hits him he becomes infected.

The Porcupine Defense.

jinzin
Well, most famously, he infected Cable with the virus using it as a weapon, and the entire Blood of Apocalypse Storyline centered around Apocalypse using his blood as a weapon and it's effects on the general populace of Earth, so apparently he has been written to know that's an option, and given that all of Doomsday's abilities come from genetics, moreover genetic manipulation via evolution, going up against an adaptive techno-organic virus that consumes organic matter and overwrites dna would be a tall task for his powers.

As far as infecting Doomsday, last time I checked, Doomsday needs to make physical contact in order to attack, so Apocalypse could, using his shape-shifting, make barbed pustules or spikes on his body so when Doomsday hits him he becomes infected.

The Porcupine Defense.

You think that would even work? DD's durability is > Superman. erm

Omega Vision
We're talking about Delph, author of the Cavity Creeps Anti Geridath offense. stick out tongue

illadelph12
Which would work as well, I might add.

badawe

StiltmanFTW
Being noted as fast as the flash?

Faster than Flash actually. And c'mon, no one is taking Booster Gold seriously.

illadelph12
You think that would even work? DD's durability is > Superman. erm

It works on contact with organic tissue, or matter for that matter (techno-organic virus can also consume metal and add it to it's mass).

Doomsday is organic, right (and that's a serious question because if I recall he didn't have internal organs or a nervous system at one point)?

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

i'd be surprised if he was talking about booster gold, tbh.

It works on contact with organic tissue, or matter for that matter (techno-organic virus can also consume metal and add it to it's mass).

Doomsday is organic, right (and that's a serious question because if I recall he didn't have internal organs or a nervous system at one point)?

how would the virus get arouns doomsday's advanced regeneration and adaptation?

StiltmanFTW

There was another statement about DD's speed?

Starscream M
There was another statement about DD's speed? well, superman commented about DD's speed...don't know if he made a flash reference though

illadelph12

how would the virus get arouns doomsday's advanced regeneration and adaptation?

It would combat it by adapting itself. The virus has rudimentary intelligence of it's own, and can mutate as well. Not to mention that it consumes organic matter. It'd be like an ever expanding techno-organic cancer.

Black bolt z
Apocalypse is good. But the idea of him beating DD is still laughable.

illadelph12
Apocalypse has the tools to win. A direct assault isn't likely smart, though. Given the stip, and assuming Apoc has a plan, he could likely subvert Doomsday.

Black bolt z
Apocalypse has the tools to win. A direct assault isn't likely smart, though. Given the stip, and assuming Apoc has a plan, he could likely subvert Doomsday. Why would poccy even want to try?

A non sentient being thats dumb as an idiot (embarrasment) that might just attack poccy on site?

And what Does poccy have to win against a non weakest version of doomsday?

Starscream M
assuming Apoc has a plan, he could likely subvert Doomsday. how? confused

psycho gundam
It would combat it by adapting itself. The virus has rudimentary intelligence of it's own, and can mutate as well. Not to mention that it consumes organic matter. It'd be like an ever expanding techno-organic cancer. *applause*

illadelph12
Why would poccy even want to try?

A non sentient being thats dumb as an idiot (embarrasment) that might just attack poccy on site?

And what Does poccy have to win against a non weakest version of doomsday?

how? confused

Well, for one, there's precedent:

Apocalypse once mutated a Deviant into a gigantic mindless unstoppable killing machine in order to unleash it on the other Deviants and Eternals so that the strong would overcome the challenge and the weak would be destroyed. Taking that into account, he'd likely see Doomsday as the ultimate test for the Earth as he's the walking embodiment of Apocalypse's ideal, and therefore, would make the ultimate test for mutantkind and humanity as a whole. Apocalypse's hubris likely would make him see Doomsday as an equal rather as a superior, so the likelihood of him simply bowing to Doomsday is pretty low. The likelihood of him trying to use him as a pawn is about as high as someone having bacon for breakfast.

As for how Apocalypse could achieve this, don't forget Apocalypse has access to the Celestials gene manipulation technology and is an accomplished geneticist in his own right. He also has teleportation powers, technology, and advanced technology which includes forcefields and stasis pods gleaned from the Celestial Ship. KMC Anti-Apocalypse Meme aside, let's not forget some of the accomplishments that Apocalypse does have on panel. He was a tick away from turning himself into a Celestial level being until Cyclops pushed X-Man out of his machinery in The Twelve, and he also created The Harbinger, which had essentially Doomsday's power set (able to adapt to and overcome the threats presented to him).

Let us also not forget that that during the DOS storyline Hank Henshaw was able to implant a beacon into Doomsday in order for him (Hank) to upload his consciousness into it and hitch a ride, so to speak, on Doomsday on his way to Apokolips, so implanting something on Doomsday's hide isn't out of the question.

Apocalypse could either plant a device on Doomsday, like a homing beacon, and simply teleport him to different locales around the Earth to cause destruction and test Earth's heroes, or teleport him back to his laboratory with his Celestial tech and see what wins out, Doomsday's genes or the Celestial's gene modifying technology.

King Castle
i agree everything except the part where DD would be the embodiment of his end goals..

it is mindless deprived of true sentience an animal that alone would negate DD from being the dream of Apoxy not the he would turn away from using him or tryin to control him.

illadelph12
Another thing I'd like to add:

Given that Doomsday is essentially mindless, there's really nothing stopping Apocalypse from inhabiting his body and making his (Doomsday's) body Apocalypse's new host body. There's no psyche to circumvent really, Doomsday is pretty much just a hulking physical mass that acts on instinct.

Starscream M

Apocalypse once mutated a Deviant into a gigantic mindless unstoppable killing machine in order to unleash it on the other Deviants and Eternals so that the strong would overcome the challenge and the weak would be destroyed. Taking that into account, he'd likely see Doomsday as the ultimate test for the Earth as he's the walking embodiment of Apocalypse's ideal, and therefore, would make the ultimate test for mutantkind and humanity as a whole. Apocalypse's hubris likely would make him see Doomsday as an equal rather as a superior, so the likelihood of him simply bowing to Doomsday is pretty low. The likelihood of him trying to use him as a pawn is about as high as someone having bacon for breakfast.

As for how Apocalypse could achieve this, don't forget Apocalypse has access to the Celestials gene manipulation technology and is an accomplished geneticist in his own right. He also has teleportation powers, technology, and advanced technology which includes forcefields and stasis pods gleaned from the Celestial Ship. KMC Anti-Apocalypse Meme aside, let's not forget some of the accomplishments that Apocalypse does have on panel. He was a tick away from turning himself into a Celestial level being until Cyclops pushed X-Man out of his machinery in The Twelve, and he also created The Harbinger, which had essentially Doomsday's power set (able to adapt to and overcome the threats presented to him).

Let us also not forget that that during the DOS storyline Hank Henshaw was able to implant a beacon into Doomsday in order for him (Hank) to upload his consciousness into it and hitch a ride, so to speak, on Doomsday on his way to Apokolips, so implanting something on Doomsday's hide isn't out of the question.

Apocalypse could either plant a device on Doomsday, like a homing beacon, and simply teleport him to different locales around the Earth to cause destruction and test Earth's heroes, or teleport him back to his laboratory with his Celestial tech and see what wins out, Doomsday's genes or the Celestial's gene modifying technology.

1) your plan seems to require apoc to do a lot of theoretical prep work...which I'm not sure is allowed in this thread

2) henshaw used DD as a vehicle...he in no way asserted any control over DD. essentially, henshaw could've hitched a ride on a car...that doesn't make it any more likely for Apoc to control the mind of a car...as a car doesn't have a mind.

3) DD was someone who Martian Manhunter couldn't even read. Someone who Darkseid didn't even think to subjugate. I think he is way out of Apoc's league.

illadelph12
i agree everything except the part where DD would be the embodiment of his end goals..

it is mindless deprived of true sentience an animal that alone would negate DD from being the dream of Apoxy not the he would turn away from using him or tryin to control him.

Doomsday = a walking experiment and embodiment of survival of the fittest.

Apocalype's doctrine = survival of the fittest.

Seems like a match made in comic heaven.

King Castle

Seems like a match made in comic heaven. yes as a tool not the end result.. a mindless beast is not what he wants or was going for.

Starscream M

Seems like a match made in comic heaven. apoc's doctrine won't have him at all in the fight

sure he believes in survival of the fittest...but DD is the FITTEST

Apoc will prob be happy to die to the fittest creature ever existed

illadelph12
1) your plan seems to require apoc to do a lot of theoretical prep work...which I'm not sure is allowed in this thread

2) henshaw used DD as a vehicle...he in no way asserted any control over DD. essentially, henshaw could've hitched a ride on a car...that doesn't make it any more likely for Apoc to control the mind of a car...as a car doesn't have a mind.

3) DD was someone who Martian Manhunter couldn't even read. Someone who Darkseid didn't even think to subjugate. I think he is way out of Apoc's league.

1) He doesn't need prep work, he can teleport on the fly and via his technopathy can operate his machinery upon arrival.

2) I said nothing of controlling Doomsday's mind, I said that Apocalypse could plant a homing beacon on him and then simply teleport him to a location so Doomsday can destroy stuff and test the heroes.

3) I said nothing of mind control, and neither of them had the gene manipulating technology of the Celestials at home. Also, Darkseid's mind controlled a damn Promethian Giant, so while he didn't mind control DD, I don't think he even attempted to control Doomsday mentally. If I recall, their encounter consisted of the following:

DS poses
DS fires Omega Effect blast
DD dies
DD gets up again
Punch
Punch
Punch
DD drags unconscious Darkseid's body.

KMC isn't a comic, so Apocalypse's isn't limited to the actions that Doomsday's opposition was written to take in a scripted plot.

Simple, really.

illadelph12
Also, OP explicitly says this isn't a simple vs match. This is a "What would Apocalypse do if he met Doomsday, who embodies his ideal?" thread.

jinzin

laughing out loud

Well it wasn't the only time it was suggested/proven.

King Castle
laughing out loud

Well it wasn't the only time it was suggested/proven. i dont like this new Jinzin... sad

Starscream M
i dont like this new Jinzin... sad what do you mean?

Black bolt z

Apocalypse could either plant a device on Doomsday, like a homing beacon, and simply teleport him to different locales around the Earth to cause destruction and test Earth's heroes, or teleport him back to his laboratory with his Celestial tech and see what wins out, Doomsday's genes or the Celestial's gene modifying technology. I'm not saying Apoc can't in some way manipulate him. I'm saying Apoc isn't going to take full fledged control of him and make him a horseman.Originally posted by King Castle
yes as a tool not the end result.. a mindless beast is not what he wants or was going for. This. Apoc may envy DD but DD wouldn't take any pity on him.

Starscream M
Also, OP explicitly says this isn't a simple vs match. This is a "What would Apocalypse do if he met Doomsday, who embodies his ideal?" thread. ok...most likely scenario is apoc gets the hell away from DD to study/admire him from afar.

Black bolt z
ok...most likely scenario is apoc gets the hell away from DD to study/admire him from afar. I see this as being the case.

Apoc then attemps to either create a DD clone or he attemps to fight DD to extract DNA from him and make himself more "fittest".

jinzin
i dont like this new Jinzin... sad

Lol wha? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.