SBP vs ASGARDIAN DESTROYER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
searched and didn't see this one. could asgard's ultimate engine of destruction stop the little bastich? how this goez?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Destroyer.

Solidus Black
How fast is the Destroyer and does it teleport?

Utrigita
The question, imo, is if the Asgardian destroyers disintegration beam works on SBP else I don't frankly see what the Destroyer is going to do to him and the other way around...

I think a stalemate is more likely.

guy222
destroyer

quanchi112
Destroyer wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Destroyer.

Gecko4lif
Sbp could beat it if he fought smart.

In character Destroyer 10/10

The Nuul
SBP is a dumb ****, hes far from begin smart.

Uriel005
He's not stupid its the emo clogging his brain. But post Darkest Night he got over it I believe so I'd have to see if he's still a whining brat on the intelligence. But his physical strength and raw power is still nothing to sneeze at.

Sirius77
Stalemate or Prime.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Uriel005
He's not stupid its the emo clogging his brain. But post Darkest Night he got over it I believe so I'd have to see if he's still a whining brat on the intelligence. But his physical strength and raw power is still nothing to sneeze at.

Hes no where as creative as Clark. SBP is all about smashing things and being a whiny brat.

leonidas
Originally posted by Utrigita
The question, imo, is if the Asgardian destroyers disintegration beam works on SBP else I don't frankly see what the Destroyer is going to do to him and the other way around...

I think a stalemate is more likely.

that's kind of where i was coming out. prime's taken some great shots but i think if the beam hit it would do some serious harm, if not ko him. what would you say prime's best durability feat was? anyone? iirc the beam's even broken thor's hammer. question is could he hit with it? the destroyer was ko'd one time that i recall against herc and thor, after it was distracted i think. can't recall the precise context. if that's the case prime might be able to ko it. if not, not sure how he could win. could he bfr it somehow? through time? shrug

Uriel005
Originally posted by leonidas
that's kind of where i was coming out. prime's taken some great shots but i think if the beam hit it would do some serious harm, if not ko him. what would you say prime's best durability feat was? anyone? iirc the beam's even broken thor's hammer. question is could he hit with it? the destroyer was ko'd one time that i recall against herc and thor, after it was distracted i think. can't recall the precise context. if that's the case prime might be able to ko it. if not, not sure how he could win. could he bfr it somehow? through time? shrug Surviving an exploding Monarch via breached armor for sure.

leonidas
Surviving an exploding Monarch via breached armor for sure.

what did the explosion do?

Badabing
what did the explosion do? Blew up.

leonidas
Originally posted by Badabing
Blew up.

bangin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Leo, the Destroyer was never knocked out. IIRC, Hercules brought out the host body and Thor struck it right when it left. I don't even understand how you could knock out the Destroyer armor.

I think it's energy attacks would be something Prime should try and avoid which I doubt he would. Not smart to try and tank it based on what I'ves seen. At least the concentrated ones. If it uses it's ultimate energy attack, Prime better dodge, or it's game over.

Uriel005
what did the explosion do? knocked him unconscious and destroyed all of the earth-51 universe. But he was otherwise unharmed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It didn't destroy the Universe. Not even the planet Earth. It destroyed most life in the Universe however.

I'm not even sure how much of the explosion Prime tanked. I'm pretty sure he and Atom were transported through time which makes sense as Atom gets flung through time/space when he releases large quantities of energy.

Prime and the feat are overrated. For some reason, most people forget that before that explosion, he was really hurt by that city leveling blast Monarch unleashed.

Uriel005
It didn't destroy the Universe. Not even the planet Earth. It destroyed most life in the Universe however.

I'm not even sure how much of the explosion Prime tanked. I'm pretty sure he and Atom were transported through time which makes sense as Atom gets flung through time/space when he releases large quantities of energy.

Prime and the feat are overrated. For some reason, most people forget that before that explosion, he was really hurt by that city leveling blast Monarch unleashed. He was ground zero on the blast as he punched through Monarchs chest piece. It wasn't teleportation that got him out of there I think it was just being blasted out of that reality.

leonidas
Leo, the Destroyer was never knocked out. IIRC, Hercules brought out the host body and Thor struck it right when it left. I don't even understand how you could knock out the Destroyer armor.

me either, which is why i found the feat so odd. i don't recall the spirit leaving until after the destroyer was under the water though. i could always look it up i suppose....

i tend to agree with this. wasn't sure about prime's durability. couldn't think of anything off hand that has withstood the beam.

leonidas

Prime and the feat are overrated. For some reason, most people forget that before that explosion, he was really hurt by that city leveling blast Monarch unleashed.

hrm. if this is indeed the case, i don't see how he could survive the d-beam if he's hit with it....

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was ground zero on the blast as he punched through Monarchs chest piece. It wasn't teleportation that got him out of there I think it was just being blasted out of that reality.

IIRC, he was lost through time when the Trapper found him. I'm guessing that once the armor was breached, the large quantities of energy teleported Atom and Prime (Probably because he was holding on to Monarch). How much Prime tanked is unclear, but I highly doubt it was all of it.

As I recall, the moment Atom's bursts through time/space were instantaneous.

me either, which is why i found the feat so odd. i don't recall the spirit leaving until after the destroyer was under the water though. i could always look it up i suppose....

Nah, Thor struck the Destroyer right when the spirit was leaving as I recall.

i tend to agree with this. wasn't sure about prime's durability. couldn't think of anything off hand that has withstood the beam.

hrm. if this is indeed the case, i don't see how he could survive the d-beam if he's hit with it....

Even worse, recently Superboy's heat vision did a number on him. Could be just a low showing. Either way, he isn't tanking the beam.

Sirius77

Yeah it did. There was nothing left except a moniter and a plant (which is ridiculous) and it was confirmed by the moniter that the universe was gone. In fact that's the main reason why Nix Uotan was punished by his peers.

Prime did tank it, there's no evidence to say he didn't, that's why he was floating through time unconscious, otherwise CA would have been with him. Also, he did say "That hurt!"... but I mean then again, he says that to pretty much everything and all characters have low showings.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sirius77
Yeah it did. There was nothing left except a moniter and a plant (which is ridiculous) and it was confirmed by the moniter that the universe was gone. In fact that's the main reason why Nix Uotan was punished by his peers.

Prime did tank it, there's no evidence to say he didn't, that's why he was floating through time unconscious, otherwise CA would have been with him. Also, he did say "That hurt!"... but I mean then again, he says that to pretty much everything and all characters have low showings.

What? Where did it say that the Universe was destroyed? I thought the Monitor was directly referring to all of the life in the Universe. Earth or at least part of it survived the explosion and that was ground zero. Plus a flower, lulz

Prime floating around unconscious in time doesn't prove he tanked the entire blast. Simply that the theory I had of him being transported through time/space rather than dead was on track and that he was knocked out. My stance depends entirely on how Atom's time trips were at the time. If they were like I remembered them (Big flash then boom his gone) I'm off the opinion Prime/Monarch left that time moments after the suit was cracked.

He said and I quote, "That really really hurt."

That's your argument? That he claims being hurt a lot? Doesn't seem beneficial in my opinion but okay.

I find highly unlikely that Prime went from being really hurt by a brief exposure to Monarch's energies, then tanking the breach of his entire suit while weaker all in the same issue only with a knock out. Inconsistency between writers is one thing, but that's a whole other mess.

Uriel005
What? Where did it say that the Universe was destroyed? I thought the Monitor was directly referring to all of the life in the Universe. Earth or at least part of it survived the explosion and that was ground zero. Plus a flower, lulz

Prime floating around unconscious in time doesn't prove he tanked the entire blast. Simply that the theory I had of him being transported through time/space rather than dead was on track and that he was knocked out. My stance depends entirely on how Atom's time trips were at the time. If they were like I remembered them (Big flash then boom his gone) I'm off the opinion Prime/Monarch left that time moments after the suit was cracked.

That's your argument? That he claims being hurt a lot? Doesn't seem beneficial in my opinion but okay.

I find highly unlikely that Prime went from being really hurt by a brief exposure to Monarch's energies, then tanking the breach of his entire suit while weaker all in the same issue only with a knock out. Inconsistency between writers is one thing, but that's a whole other mess. Naw remember the monitor at the end says he will bring life back to universe 51 but he did it without Jason Todd and a few others because it led to Batman wiping out a crap ton of villains which led to the monarch walking over the weaker heroes due to the fact that they had no challenges for a long while.

quanchi112
He was ground zero on the blast as he punched through Monarchs chest piece. It wasn't teleportation that got him out of there I think it was just being blasted out of that reality. There's no proof he was in the universe after the explosion and no proof he tanked the blast. None.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Naw remember the monitor at the end says he will bring life back to universe 51 but he did it without Jason Todd and a few others because it led to Batman wiping out a crap ton of villains which led to the monarch walking over the weaker heroes due to the fact that they had no challenges for a long while.

Thanks? I'm not arguing life wasn't wiped out. I'm arguing that only life was wiped. At least as far as I know.

Uriel005
Originally posted by quanchi112
There's no proof he was in the universe after the explosion and no proof he tanked the blast. None. ... but the explosion would have blasted him out of the Universe or at least that was my interpretation of it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
... but the explosion would have blasted him out of the Universe or at least that was my interpretation of it.

I think it makes more more sense that the exposure to the Quantum Field (The explosion) teleported him somewhere into the Timestream like it use to do to Atom. Except Prime didn't reach a specific point in time.

quanchi112
... but the explosion would have blasted him out of the Universe or at least that was my interpretation of it. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I think it makes more more sense that the exposure to the Quantum Field (The explosion) teleported him somewhere into the Timestream like it use to do to Atom. Except Prime didn't reach a specific point in time. That actually makes sense. I was always under the impression Prime was transported out by the time primer but this makes perfect sense just like the suicide blast which was intended to take Prime out actually transported him elsewhere.

Sirius77

I find highly unlikely that Prime went from being really hurt by a brief exposure to Monarch's energies, then tanking the breach of his entire suit while weaker all in the same issue only with a knock out. Inconsistency between writers is one thing, but that's a whole other mess.

Sorry that took so long, I re-read everything.

Well it's mentioned several times before this, but the ones prior to this example were ambiguous, but in Final Crisis #1 pg 27, one of the Moniters, when referring to the Orrery (the multiverse) states that "New Earth is secure. The Bleed Drains are intact. The multiversal orrery has survived repair after loss of moving part: Universe 51." Imo thats the clearest example, but there are other references. The plant part was pretty ridiculous though lol. I think that they were going for a reference to hope or something but it didn't really flow with the story imo lol.

As far as Monarch and Prime teleporting away, there was no indication that it happened like that. If it did, they would have been in relatively the same place. Also, they weren't touching. In the page, Superboy-prime jumped off of Monarchs chest with two pieces of armor in his hand, and if I had to speculate, the blast probably blew him even farther away. Either way, if CA had carried him in his port, they would have both been in the same area.

Nah, that's not my argument, I was just saying that he wimps out a lot and then tanks attacks that don't correspond to the level of pain he seems to be expressing. He didn't seem to be damaged by the attack though. As I said before though, it could have just been a low showing, every character has some.

I could see how you would believe that, but like I said, regardless of what he said, his cape was barely even tattered and he had no signs of injury. Also, just because the blast looked similar to a nuclear explosion, does not necessarily indicate that its intensity was the same. I'm guessing it was probably stronger considering the fact that Monarch's power is quantum as opposed to classically "comic book atomic". Even Odin doesn't have to bust a galaxy with every attack for it to be intense.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That actually makes sense. I was always under the impression Prime was transported out by the time primer but this makes perfect sense just like the suicide blast which was intended to take Prime out actually transported him elsewhere.

I think it makes the most sense in my opinion because when absorbing or discharging large amounts of energy, Atom is transported through time.

My guess: Prime was transported due to his close proximity to Atom, but since he isn't Atom, he was left lost in time instead of reaching a specific time line like Atom (Who returned to present day Earth 1).

quanchi112
I think it makes the most sense in my opinion because when absorbing or discharging large amounts of energy, Atom is transported through time.

My guess: Prime was transported due to his close proximity to Atom, but since he isn't Atom, he was left lost in time instead of reaching a specific time line like Atom (Who returned to present day Earth 1). Congratulations you just changed my mind. Most posters go lifetimes without achieving this. It's higher than scaling mount everest.

Sirius77
That actually makes sense. I was always under the impression Prime was transported out by the time primer but this makes perfect sense just like the suicide blast which was intended to take Prime out actually transported him elsewhere.

Suicide blast? You act as if Monarch planned to get his chest armor ripped open...

Again though he wasn't close enough to Monarch to be teleported. In fact in all of the comics with CA in them that I have come across I have never seen him jump as a result of injury and take someone with him.

Utrigita
Even if we disregard the universal tanking blast, SBP was completely unhurt by the anti matter wave on earth.

Sirius77
This is also true.

quanchi112
Suicide blast? You act as if Monarch planned to get his chest armor ripped open...

Again though he wasn't close enough to Monarch to be teleported. In fact in all of the comics with CA in them that I have come across I have never seen him jump as a result of injury and take someone with him. I was referring to the guardian blast which transported him throughout time which it wasn't supposed to.

Nah, Atom was transported away and Prime was lost in time. This is logical and explains everything. The only one who tanked the blast was the Monitor.

Sirius77
I was referring to the guardian blast which transported him throughout time which it wasn't supposed to.

Nah, Atom was transported away and Prime was lost in time. This is logical and explains everything. The only one who tanked the blast was the Monitor.

It didn't transport him throughout time... it transported him outside of the multiverse. That was the Monarch blast that teleported him through time. Completely different arcs.

So Prime just decided to time travel? It had nothing to do with Monarch's quantum universe destroying blast. Right. Prime was practically in the epicenter of the blast and you're saying that he just time traveled away? erm

quanchi112
It didn't transport him throughout time... it transported him outside of the multiverse. That was the Monarch blast that teleported him through time. Completely different arcs.

So Prime just decided to time travel? It had nothing to do with Monarch's quantum universe destroying blast. Right. Prime was practically in the epicenter of the blast and you're saying that he just time traveled away? erm To another universe when it wasn't supposed to.

The blast transported him away just as it transported Atom away. Prime was lost in time though and Trapper found him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's probably his most impressive durability feat. IIRC it easily destroyed the Green Lantern's he was fighting. I unfortunately don't have the comic on hand to see how powerful it is under Johns. I believe he was going to consume the Earth with it so perhaps planetary destruction.

Again though he wasn't close enough to Monarch to be teleported. In fact in all of the comics with CA in them that I have come across I have never seen him jump as a result of injury and take someone with him.

Atom sometimes Quantum Jumps through time when he absorbs large amounts of energies. I've also seen him quantum jump by discharging a great deal of energy. IIRC, that even happened recently in Generation Lost after he drained a bomb.

Sorry that took so long, I re-read everything.

That's fine. Going off memory unfortunately.

Well it's mentioned several times before this, but the ones prior to this example were ambiguous, but in Final Crisis #1 pg 27, one of the Moniters, when referring to the Orrery (the multiverse) states that "New Earth is secure. The Bleed Drains are intact. The multiversal orrery has survived repair after loss of moving part: Universe 51." Imo thats the clearest example, but there are other references. The plant part was pretty ridiculous though lol. I think that they were going for a reference to hope or something but it didn't really flow with the story imo lol.v

That's the least ambiguous statement you could find? Lol. That's the problem with metaphysical stuff. No straight answer. Loss of it's moving part can be twisted, interpreted etc. in various ways.

As far as Monarch and Prime teleporting away, there was no indication that it happened like that. If it did, they would have been in relatively the same place. Also, they weren't touching. In the page, Superboy-prime jumped off of Monarchs chest with two pieces of armor in his hand, and if I had to speculate, the blast probably blew him even farther away. Either way, if CA had carried him in his port, they would have both been in the same area.

Then how else did it happen? Captain Atom ended up in modern day, and Prime ended up lost in time. No they weren't

No, but they were in close proximity. No necessarily. Prime could have simply been caught in the quantum jump only to have been left behind. Seems to be the most logical explanation to me.

Nah, that's not my argument, I was just saying that he wimps out a lot and then tanks attacks that don't correspond to the level of pain he seems to be expressing. He didn't seem to be damaged by the attack though. As I said before though, it could have just been a low showing, every character has some.

I could see how you would believe that, but like I said, regardless of what he said, his cape was barely even tattered and he had no signs of injury. Also, just because the blast looked similar to a nuclear explosion, does not necessarily indicate that its intensity was the same. I'm guessing it was probably stronger considering the fact that Monarch's power is quantum as opposed to classically "comic book atomic". Even Odin doesn't have to bust a galaxy with every attack for it to be intense.

Examples? Less due to importance but more out of curiosity. I can't think of any. The closest that comes to mind is against Black Adam and he was clearly just f*cking around.

Dude, his costume not being damaged means zero. Do I really have to point out the various instances where a character has been hurt, knocked out etc. with their outfit being undamaged? I thought it was clear he was meant to be hurt.

Possibly, but that seems like speculation.

True, attacks don't have to have a lot of collateral damage for them to be powerful -concentrated in a narrower beam etc.- however as far as I can tell, Monarch once he opened his suit didn't have control over his power.

the Darkone
That's probably his most impressive durability feat. IIRC it easily destroyed the Green Lantern's he was fighting. I unfortunately don't have the comic on hand to see how powerful it is under Johns. I believe he was going to consume the Earth with it so perhaps planetary destruction.

Atom sometimes Quantum Jumps through time when he absorbs large amounts of energies. I've also seen him quantum jump by discharging a great deal of energy. IIRC, that even happened recently in Generation Lost after he drained a bomb.

That's fine. Going off memory unfortunately.

That's the least ambiguous statement you could find? Lol. That's the problem with metaphysical stuff. No straight answer. Loss of it's moving part can be twisted, interpreted etc. in various ways.

Then how else did it happen? Captain Atom ended up in modern day, and Prime ended up lost in time. No they weren't

No, but they were in close proximity. No necessarily. Prime could have simply been caught in the quantum jump only to have been left behind. Seems to be the most logical explanation to me.

Examples? Less due to importance but more out of curiosity. I can't think of any. The closest that comes to mind is against Black Adam and he was clearly just f*cking around.

Dude, his costume not being damaged means zero. Do I really have to point out the various instances where a character has been hurt, knocked out etc. with their outfit being undamaged? I thought it was clear he was meant to be hurt.

True, attacks don't have to have a lot of collateral damage for them to be powerful -concentrated in a narrower beam etc.- however as far as I can tell, Monarch once he opened his suit didn't have control over his power.

I agree with you are saying, SBP was caught up in the quatum jump. Regardless he is PC character he couldn't have tank a blast that destroyed a whole universe. In a make sense you see him drifting in the time stream. Hell you got my vote. thumb up

Sirius77
To another universe when it wasn't supposed to.

The blast transported him away just as it transported Atom away. Prime was lost in time though and Trapper found him.

Quan... come on, you're really trying my patience here man. You're wrong again. Will you please read the comic and stop guessing? He was warped into the multiverse. Not another universe, or some random place in time. Again, different arcs.

Guardian in GL vol 4 # 25 "Prime's body was removed from the universe atom by atom. If he survived... he was warped into the multiverse."

Okay. Quan. In the history of all of CA's appearances, when has he ever jumped as a result of overload and taken someone a distance away from him with him, much less displaced the other person not just in another location than himself, but floating towards the end of time? Can I have a scan of this? I give you scans all the time quan. I'm asking for one.

quanchi112
Quan... come on, you're really trying my patience here man. You're wrong again. Will you please read the comic and stop guessing? He was warped into the multiverse. Not another universe, or some random place in time. Again, different arcs.

Guardian in GL vol 4 # 25 "Prime's body was removed from the universe atom by atom. If he survived... he was warped into the multiverse."

Okay. Quan. In the history of all of CA's appearances, when has he ever jumped as a result of overload and taken someone a distance away from him with him, much less displaced the other person not just in another location than himself, but floating towards the end of time? Can I have a scan of this? I give you scans all the time quan. I'm asking for one. I never said they were the same arcs. He wasn't supposed to travel to another universe but he did so anyways due to him surviving it. He wasn't supposed to survive so thanks for backing me up.

In this instance he jumped as did Prime. I don't need to cite other instances in this one it's clear both he and Prime were sent through time.

The only one who tanked the blast was the Monitor. he tanked it easily too.

Sirius77

I know, and this is not what I'm disputing. I'm arguing that I see no evidence that Prime was caught in the jump.

The orrery is essentially another word for multiverse for the moniters. By moving parts, they are referring to universes. In fact, the word universe was explicitly used when referring to the "moving part" that was lost, i.e. Universe 51.

As far as how it happened, where do you get blasted to if the universe you're in is destroyed? My guess would be somewhere where time and space are irrelevant or "lost in time".

Also I don't see how Prime could have been left behind considering the fact that CA's jumps are virtually instantaneous. At which point would he have time to be left behind? Also, when has CA ever carried someone with him during a jump of that sort in that kind of proximity? I don't recall there being a case of such.

Well off memory, the fact that in SC the antimatter touch of the AM that was burning Guardians almost to the point of death, Prime flew through that same antimatter with literally no effect.

He takes on the entire JLA including characters that are no longer a part of it, the JSA, and a couple other teams, all at the same time while weakened, at night, after being exposed to red sun radiation.

Same thing in LO3W except with more red sun radiation and he was less weakened beforehand.

Survives and absorbs a kamikaze attack from a guardian with the others helping.

Resisting a Black Lantern ring (in other words literal death), calling forth all of the lights of the emotional spectrum, creating white light and destroying the black ring. No one has ever done that with a black ring. All of this without meaning to.

Tbh, I think that his innate durability is astounding and will prove to survive whatever is thrown at him just like the time trapper said.

What about that entire scene was indicative of him being hurt other than his whining? He just hopped out of nowhere and started fighting monarch. What was injured on him that would give you this impression?

He probably didn't have a lot of control over the energy that leaked from his suit. However, if the power that came from his chest being exposed was sufficient to destroy Universe 51, then the blast of energy that Prime got to his face prior to the final attack can probably be judged as quite powerful.

Sirius77
I never said they were the same arcs. He wasn't supposed to travel to another universe but he did so anyways due to him surviving it. He wasn't supposed to survive so thanks for backing me up.

You're right, you were just throwing out random words hoping that they might be right, because after all of this time you still have yet to read the comic.
Regardless of whether or not the guardians meant for him to survive or not, I don't see how it is relevant, considering he surpassed their expectations by leaps and bounds. What was your argument again?

In this instance he jumped as did Prime. I don't need to cite other instances in this one it's clear both he and Prime were sent through time.

The only one who tanked the blast was the Monitor. he tanked it easily too.

Other instances? The one instance that you have claimed to be all that is needed is still under debate. What other instances would there be? I was being facetious when I asked for the scan. I knew you wouldn't provide it. You never do.
So you have no way to back up this claim, but you "just know". quan you crack me up.

quanchi112
You're right, you were just throwing out random words hoping that they might be right, because after all of this time you still have yet to read the comic.
Regardless of whether or not the guardians meant for him to survive or not, I don't see how it is relevant, considering he surpassed their expectations by leaps and bounds. What was your argument again?

Other instances? The one instance that you have claimed to be all that is needed is still under debate. What other instances would there be? I was being facetious when I asked for the scan. I knew you wouldn't provide it. You never do.
So you have no way to back up this claim, but you "just know". quan you crack me up. My argument was how he can be transported to other universes or times by powers other than his own. I read it all and unlike you grasped it.

Was Atom or was he not transported away in countdown went his armor was breached ? So why is it illogical to assume Prime wasn't when the Monitor couldn't locate him ? where did he go., huh ?

Sorry to burst your bubble the feat is only for the Monitor who stayed he tanked the chain reaction blast. That's it. smile

MrMind
I don't see destroyer being fast enough to even hit prime.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MrMind
I don't see destroyer being fast enough to even hit prime. Prime rarely ever uses his speed and only really against speedsters. This is in character.

Sirius77
<y argument was how he can be transported to other universes or times by powers other than his own. I read it all and unlike you grasped it.

That was not my argument in the slightest. In fact there wasn't one. I was correcting you when you first said that Prime was bfred by the guardian to another time. I corrected you. Then you said another universe. I corrected you. Now you are assuming that my corrections are a part of my overall argument? Please try to differentiate between arguments and helpful statements quan.

Was Atom or was he not transported away in countdown went his armor was breached ? So why is it illogical to assume Prime wasn't when the Monitor couldn't locate him ? where did he go., huh ?

He was. That much was never disputed. What is being disputed is if he ever, in his entire history jumped with another passenger that was not touching him and dropped them at the end of time. Again, if you believe this, then post proof. It is illogical, because it has never happened and we have nothing other than baseless speculation to assume otherwise. Is that clear enough?

Sorry to burst your bubble the feat is only for the Monitor who stayed he tanked the chain reaction blast. That's it. smile

I as well as many others have had this dilemma with you countless times quan. You make all of these claims and refuse to provide valid proof or even an argument. You just say the same thing in different ways and never post any scans regarding your most serious claims. You can believe what you want and do what you want, but I dont have time for you.

Talk to me when you can back up what you say.

leonidas
there are times when ignore can be your bestest friend..... smile

Badabing
Well, I thought my post in the other Prime thread, before I closed it, made a dent...facepalm

Low balling is not debating. Telling people what is and isn't "in character" to take away from powers is not debating.

This has been part of the rules since I've been here:

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.

quanchi112
That was not my argument in the slightest. In fact there wasn't one. I was correcting you when you first said that Prime was bfred by the guardian to another time. I corrected you. Then you said another universe. I corrected you. Now you are assuming that my corrections are a part of my overall argument? Please try to differentiate between arguments and helpful statements quan.

He was. That much was never disputed. What is being disputed is if he ever, in his entire history jumped with another passenger that was not touching him and dropped them at the end of time. Again, if you believe this, then post proof. It is illogical, because it has never happened and we have nothing other than baseless speculation to assume otherwise. Is that clear enough?

I as well as many others have had this dilemma with you countless times quan. You make all of these claims and refuse to provide valid proof or even an argument. You just say the same thing in different ways and never post any scans regarding your most serious claims. You can believe what you want and do what you want, but I dont have time for you.

Talk to me when you can back up what you say. I wasn't incorrect this was meant to destroy Prime but he survived anyways and was transported elsewhere. Being bfr'd to another universe is exactly what happened.

That's the only logical assessment as to what happened with prime since

a)we know he was lost in time
b)the Monitor didn't detect him in his own universe.

Logic ftw.

Look up at a and b just above and you will realize my case is crystal clear. there's no way for Prime to get lost in time on his own. None. He was transported and lost whereas Atom wasn't. You can ignore this but I won't since I tend to understand these characters and the situation of the comic itself.

Uriel005
Well, I thought my post in the other Prime thread, before I closed it, made a dent...facepalm

Low balling is not debating. Telling people what is and isn't "in character" to take away from powers is not debating.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed. Thank you Bada I just won every flash argument I've made because of that Mod /b/ackup. THANK YOU kisses

Utrigita

My point is, that if he can tank the anti matter wave from Anti monitor, what exactly is there to suggest that the disintegration beam from the destroyer will have a significant impact on him? As far as I can tell they basically, though having different names, archives the same purpose, erasing of the target or at the very least great pain.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm confused here.... So the destroyer is getting the win against Prime by most... yet when Thanos is in the destroyer (which woudl be more powerful than a normal destroyer inhabitant) Odin still stomps... WTF...

shokosugi
Magic. SBP destroys the destroyer.

Philosophía
The reaching here is hilarious.

leonidas

Black bolt z

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed. The in charcter thing and the best of abilities thing conflict way too often.Originally posted by shokosugi
Magic. SBP destroys the destroyer. Not a chance.

Deadline
your thoughts my good philo?

Wow when did he rock?

Anyway wouldn't whose in the armour make a difference?

Bentley
Prime trashes this can.

DarkOdin
The only time i am aware destroyer was beat by brute force was a pi$$ed king Thor with mjolnir. This is the same guy who trashed capt sheild and also pounded it back to normal.

I think the destroyer would more then likeily winout of SBP his stamaina would run out and his durability is greater then primes. plus it deosn't feel pain on top of it. SBP would go down after long grueling battle

leonidas
Originally posted by Deadline
Wow when did he rock?

confused

possibly, though the destroyer has been uber no matter who empowers it. certain individuals seem able to control it better though. the one that battled the celestials was clearly above it's regular power, but i'm notr sure others actually added to its power (ie loki or maestro). regardless, for the sake of this battle assume it's just some stranger off the street.

tross
The Destroyer is just too much

Sirius77
I wasn't incorrect this was meant to destroy Prime but he survived anyways and was transported elsewhere. Being bfr'd to another universe is exactly what happened.

That's the only logical assessment as to what happened with prime since

a)we know he was lost in time
b)the Monitor didn't detect him in his own universe.

Logic ftw.

Look up at a and b just above and you will realize my case is crystal clear. there's no way for Prime to get lost in time on his own. None. He was transported and lost whereas Atom wasn't. You can ignore this but I won't since I tend to understand these characters and the situation of the comic itself.

You have problems quan. You wank characters to the extreme and then find any way possible to lowball the ones that you dont like.

Again, give me an instance in which CA has carried someone with him during an overload jump and dropped them at the end of time. What was indicated in the comic was that he had nowhere else to go other than the end of time after the explosion. It was also indicated that the same thing apparently happened to the timetrapper seeing as he was "the sole survivor of creation" and was at the end of time to fling Prime back. Again, I have posted what would amount to an entire graphic novel for you. Most would not waste the time. I am asking you to back up what you're saying. Once. For once.

quanchi112
You have problems quan. You wank characters to the extreme and then find any way possible to lowball the ones that you dont like.

Again, give me an instance in which CA has carried someone with him during an overload jump and dropped them at the end of time. What was indicated in the comic was that he had nowhere else to go other than the end of time after the explosion. It was also indicated that the same thing apparently happened to the timetrapper seeing as he was "the sole survivor of creation" and was at the end of time to fling Prime back. Again, I have posted what would amount to an entire graphic novel for you. Most would not waste the time. I am asking you to back up what you're saying. Once. For once. In this instance he did. I already explained myself I am not going to do this over and over again.

Read the end of the countdown issue, then realize both were gone from the universe proving he didn't tank the blast, and then realize his whereabouts were he was lost in time meaning he was transported out just like Monarch was.

Sirius77
In this instance he did. I already explained myself I am not going to do this over and over again.

Read the end of the countdown issue, then realize both were gone from the universe proving he didn't tank the blast, and then realize his whereabouts were he was lost in time meaning he was transported out just like Monarch was.

No you didn't.

He wasn't transported, he was blasted away from being at the epicenter of the blast. Again, give me the scans I asked you for and you can argue your point. If they were teleported out then why were they in different places? Again, give me an instance in which CA has carried someone with him during an overload jump and dropped them at the end of time.

Galan007
It didn't destroy the Universe. Not even the planet Earth. It destroyed most life in the Universe however. Nah, Monarch's blast did destroy universe 51. Failure to protect that universe from said destruction is why Nix Uotan was banished from the Monitor race:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5928/u511.th.jpg

"The multiversal orrery has survived repair after the loss of moving part: universe 51."

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Nah, Monarch's blast did destroy universe 51. Failure to protect that universe from said destruction is why Nix Uotan was banished from the Monitor race:

"The multiversal orrery has survived repair after the loss of moving part: universe 51."

so you think spb was blasted away galan? that he in effect took that blast?

Galan007
^ I'm not sure how he survived. I don't think he tanked the blast, though. I think it sent him hurling throughout time.

Hence TT's comment: "I need to use this boy. This boy of broken dreams and blood and rage. Lost in time, but now found":
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2656/primetime1.jpg

srug

Rage.Of.Olympus
I still think the Quantum Jump theory holds weight.

Nah, Monarch's blast did destroy universe 51. Failure to protect that universe from said destruction is why Nix Uotan was banished from the Monitor race:

If we interpret that as the loss of the actual physical Universe instead of all life then where there the hell was the flower and -piece of(?)- Earth located?

I thought the entire point of that scene was that there was still hope in the context of life etc. If the whole Universe is gone, then.....

Galan007
If we interpret that as the loss of the actual physical Universe then where there the hell was the flower and -piece of(?)- Earth located? I don't see how it can be interpreted differently, tbh. The Monitor specifically said "after the loss of moving part: universe 51."

As for the plant surviving:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6394/countdown13p21.th.jpg

It may have been due to Nix's personal shields. It may have been a miracle. Not even he was sure.

Omega Vision
laughing out loud at you guys trying to make sense of Countdown.

Mindset
I don't see how it can be interpreted differently, tbh. The Monitor specifically said "after the loss of moving part: universe 51."

As for the plant surviving:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6394/countdown13p21.th.jpg

It may have been due to Nix's personal shields. It may have been a miracle. Not even he was sure. I'm pretty sure it was saved by left over energies of Kyle THE PHUCKING GREATEST Rayner.

quanchi112
No you didn't.

He wasn't transported, he was blasted away from being at the epicenter of the blast. Again, give me the scans I asked you for and you can argue your point. If they were teleported out then why were they in different places? Again, give me an instance in which CA has carried someone with him during an overload jump and dropped them at the end of time. I have already stated my case the Monitor tanked the blast whereas Prime didn't. You have zero proof.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm pretty sure it was saved by left over energies of Kyle THE PHUCKING GREATEST Rayner. ...Also a possibility.

MONSTAR
Destroyers D beam would end the fight quickly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.