The weakest team that wins vs the real world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The MISTER
What is the weakest official team that could take over the planet earth? To qualify a team must be able to take over the real world but not be able to beat any other team that could do it.

Discuss.

Gecko4lif
Captain america. By himself.

The MISTER
Maybe the Teen Titans?

byrdgang21
Iron Man could prolly solo.

MrMind
Originally posted by The MISTER
Maybe the Teen Titans?
they got people like superboy, kid flash, raven and wonder girl. these people could take over the world alone................. how can teen titans be even consider weak.........

Uriel005
Batman and Robin

Konton
Team Mystique.

Q99
Prodigy (the New X-men one) with his limiters removed.

Bentley
The New Warriors? The Young X-men?

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
The New Warriors? The Young X-men?

I don't think either could.

Warlord
a powerful telepath

Bentley
The Cuckoos could do it.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
Prodigy (the New X-men one) with his limiters removed.
I think this is a good one, especially after the little scenario we saw in the book. He isn't a team though, so we'll toss in Laurie and pretend she isn't dead.
Originally posted by Warlord
a powerful telepath
The Cuckoos could do it.
Well, that does sound like the weakest.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6311/imagescajb12mh.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by StyleTime
I think this is a good one, especially after the little scenario we saw in the book. He isn't a team though, so we'll toss in Laurie and pretend she isn't dead.

Oh yea, those two working together would be very hard to stop.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmm............x-force and soley because of Betsy

basilisk
Annihilators.

The Nuul
Wolverine solos.

basilisk
How would Secret Six go?

Q99
Originally posted by basilisk
How would Secret Six go?

They wouldn't succeed.

basilisk
Originally posted by Q99
They wouldn't succeed. What if you include Lex Luthor - wasn't he the guy behind the team?

Q99
Originally posted by basilisk
What if you include Lex Luthor - wasn't he the guy behind the team?

Would even Lex Luthor win against the real world?

basilisk
Originally posted by Q99
Would even Lex Luthor win against the real world? Nah, I guess not - his best chance would probably be going for president like in the comics but that's about all. I guess SS are on the side of just too weak.

How about FF? The only chance I see is if Reed is allowed to invent his crazy tech, rather than being limited by real possibilities.

Other than that I think teams with good telepaths have a good chance, but then I don't really consider them weak.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
Would even Lex Luthor win against the real world?
Yes. Using comic book intelligence (which warps reality and causes people to be easily manipulated) he'd be ruler of the world in a year tops.

The MISTER
They have to be a member of an official team. At least one of the team has to be able to stand up to any real world methods of taking them out. But their team can't be strong enough to defeat any other official team.

Maybe the original sinister six?

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yes. Using comic book intelligence (which warps reality and causes people to be easily manipulated) he'd be ruler of the world in a year tops.

Assuming it doesn't cause other people to act dumb or be easily manipulated.

StyleTime
They have to be a member of an official team. At least one of the team has to be able to stand up to any real world methods of taking them out. But their team can't be strong enough to defeat any other official team.

Maybe the original sinister six?
You don't mean direct conflict when you say "stand up to" do you? The duo Q99 and I suggested would get annihilated by any modern military force and could fall to even less in direct conflict. Their attempt at world dominance would be through much more subtle means, which would allow them to avoid fighting for the most part. Does that still count?

Can it just be specific members of a team, or does it have to be the full team? David and Laurie are basically low-mid street levelers with some hax powers. Their team had some mid metas which may screw up the whole "weakest team that could do it" plan.

Q99
I'll also point out that simply being able to survive against a modern military hardly means world conquest- a lone meta can only be in one place at a time, they could simply be avoided if need be and certainly can't hold countries that are no-where near them.

I think more subtle means, or at least stuff like telepathy, is pretty much the best option.

planetary could do it over time, mainly due to drummer

The MISTER
Originally posted by StyleTime
You don't mean direct conflict when you say "stand up to" do you? The duo Q99 and I suggested would get annihilated by any modern military force and could fall to even less in direct conflict. Their attempt at world dominance would be through much more subtle means, which would allow them to avoid fighting for the most part. Does that still count?

Can it just be specific members of a team, or does it have to be the full team? David and Laurie are basically low-mid street levelers with some hax powers. Their team had some mid metas which may screw up the whole "weakest team that could do it" plan. It can be specific members of the team that dominate the earth. The other members could be killed as long as one of them isn't threatened by real-world tactics of reclaiming the earth. Their full team just can't be stronger than any other full team that has at least one member that could dominate the earth.

Being able to avoid fighting counts, yes.

Also you're right (about them not being able to be everywhere at once) they just have to be able to exercise their authority wherever they go on the earth and be able to survive any attempts to take them out or incapacitate them.

axelraptor
Originally posted by The Nuul
Wolverine solos. thumb up

xavier and anyone else you care to join him with

SevenShackles
secret six... humm if they could take over some small country, Lex could have a army of Venom addicts based off banes venom becuz..well why not? use what you have right? become a world power and threw his own ways and the support of the team threw well planned and thought out missions and assassinations threw deadshot. nevermind mad hatter who was on the team and possesses mind controlling capability. Scandal, parademon, ragdoll, catman, Cheshire, knockout and Jeannette if allowed to have so many from different rosters of the team could be a powerful supporting cast in real world conditions...

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards

Black bolt z
Any good telepath.

Deadpool. What could we do to stop him?

Wolverine. Same.

Luke Cage. Same.

King Castle
pffff..... this team does it.

http://www.tencentticker.com/images/projectrooftop/powerpack_bann_joel.jpg

Franklin optional.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Black bolt z

Wolverine. Same.

Luke Cage. Same.

lol at this^^ wtf could those three possibly do?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Sin I AM
lol at this^^ wtf could those three possibly do? What would the real world do against deadpool and wolverine? They can heal from practically nothing. What would they do? Nuke them.

And once again what do we have that can hurt luke?

Bouboumaster
Gamora

Silent Master
What would the real world do against deadpool and wolverine? They can heal from practically nothing. What would they do? Nuke them.

Paris Hilton.

Martian_mind
Max lord.

basilisk
Ummm... lock him up in a secure jail cell?

Seriously - a good real world jail cell would stop him, let alone getting nasty by doing things like sticking him in a blast furnace, burying him in solid concrete, pouring molten steel around his body and allowing it to set, sending him into space on a rocket and detonating it even (very expensive)... there are lots of ways to stop him.

StyleTime
I think some of you forget this is supposed to be the weakest team that can take over the world. Also, powerful telepaths are....powerful. We're trying to find the weakest team.

Bentley
X-factor? Multiple Man has a chance.

Q99
What would the real world do against deadpool and wolverine? They can heal from practically nothing. What would they do? Nuke them.

What could they do to take over, though? They have to be physically present to kill people, the planet's not going to roll over just because they're offing a lot of people.

"Not die" is not the same as having a chance.

Good one, they're full of knowledge of all kinds of odd things and have even made a massive organization (Planetary) before.

Plus, at least two of 'em are effectively unaging so they have a lot of time to do it with.

Yes, but to take over a planet you honestly need a whole lot of power.

X-factor? Multiple Man has a chance. x-factor has a chance but not really because of maddrox. they got layla miller with doomtech, longshot, monet (tp) and darwin.

Originally posted by Q99

Good one, they're full of knowledge of all kinds of odd things and have even made a massive organization (Planetary) before.

yeah, the 4 could do it as well

Supermutant
Hawkman & Hawkgirl

Bentley
The Winter Guard 131

complexbrother
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/a/authority1.jpg

^^^ they could do it.

Q99
Originally posted by 753
yeah, the 4 could do it as well

Though they ended up cribbing off of Elijah a lot. I'm not sure if they'd do as well were they not able to steal ultratech.

complexbrother
this team could do it also.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/2/24/NEXTWAVE.JPG/406px-NEXTWAVE.JPG
Monica Rambeau....Photon
Tabitha Smith.... Meltdown (Boom Boom)
Aaron Stack...... Machine Man
Elsa Bloodstone...... Bloodstone
The Captain
Dirk Anger

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, but to take over a planet you honestly need a whole lot of power.
True, but we're not supposed to be just naming whoever we think can do it. We're trying to find, specifically, the weakest. People like Prof. X set a fairly high minimum. Of course, there is always the argument that noone below Charles can do it. Originally posted by Bentley
X-factor? Multiple Man has a chance.
That's a good choice. I'm trying to decide if they'd be weaker than the New Mutant squad.

The MISTER
I think Luke Cage might be it, actually. What team could he and Iron fist beat that could take over the world?

Originally posted by Q99
Though they ended up cribbing off of Elijah a lot. I'm not sure if they'd do as well were they not able to steal ultratech. they stole a lot of crap from other worlds and alternate realities too and I believe they were actually better at engineering tech, but not at finding the esoteric knowledge upon which it was based. the thing is, their reed richard's superpower was reproducing his mind into other people's. anyone who's ever come close to randall dowling, probably is randall dowling. this would be quite the trump card

Parmaniac
I think Luke Cage might be it, actually. What team could he and Iron fist beat that could take over the world? LC and IF would never ever take over the RW.

cant really see them conquering anything fior that matter. IF can be killed with guns and gasing or overpowering LC is just a matter of time

Q99
Originally posted by 753
they stole a lot of crap from other worlds and alternate realities too and I believe they were actually better at engineering tech, but not at finding the esoteric knowledge upon which it was based. the thing is, their reed richard's superpower was reproducing his mind into other people's. anyone who's ever come close to randall dowling, probably is randall dowling. this would be quite the trump card

The problem is we never really saw it used enough to know exactly what that means. Does he read their thoughts? Can he flip a switch and have his mind take them over? We just don't know.

Originally posted by Q99
The problem is we never really saw it used enough to know exactly what that means. Does he read their thoughts? Can he flip a switch and have his mind take them over? We just don't know. I think his personality just rewrites other people's making copies of itself in other bodies. I doubt he reads minds

StyleTime
*Edited because I had second thoughts about the suggestion.*

srankmissingnin
Cypher.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.