Punisher vs...Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
No powers........weapons and h2h

who wins

Uriel005
You realize technovirus would instakill cable right w/ no powers but I'm assuming that it's going to be held in check so anyways. Cable Technovirus isn't a power and it augments durability and physical strength and hes been fighting far longer and under constant combat conditions compared to Punisher

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Uriel005
You realize technovirus would instakill cable right w/ no powers but I'm assuming that it's going to be held in check so anyways. Cable Technovirus isn't a power and it augments durability and physical strength and hes been fighting far longer and under constant combat conditions compared to Punisher

well obviously the techvirus isnt going to be into play, i planned on allowing its strengths and not the weaknesses since Cable is far older than Frank imo it would offset the inbalance

how old is 616 punisher supposed to be now?

chomperx9
cables weapons are future tech and far more advanced than punishers

Uriel005
Cable still takes it. Skills forged in constant warfare>pick and choose fights. Cable didn't have the luxury of peacetime for most of his life he was born and died on the battlefield of course him coming back w/ all of his experience with what his original powerset barring the technovirus i.e. x-man level psychic ability would be beastly. The skills Cable has learned over his life are so completely ingrained into him from the constant fighting I think he edges out over Frank hard.

King Castle
didnt cable get a new techno none aggressive virus?

pretty sure cable didn't need to restrain it other then accept it due to him having lost his powers after being lobotomized...

either it really shouldnt matter for this fight.

pretty sure cable has gotten older now as well in the 616 finally slowing down physically his strength and durability still high though.

h2h i see cable beating frank with the strength lvl difference.
wpns is better but still give it to cable his skull and most parts of his body is metallic plus his bionic eyesight gives him an edge

Sin I AM
Originally posted by 753
how old is 616 punisher supposed to be now?

mid 30s i believe, dont quote me though...and i see cable as being in his forties, not thst it would matter much...imo however Frank is faster

right i forgot 616 ws retconned as an iraqi war veteran

last I saw of cable he would be in his 50s may be early 60s

Uriel005
Originally posted by King Castle
didnt cable get a new techno none aggressive virus?

pretty sure cable didn't need to restrain it other then accept it due to him having lost his powers after being lobotomized...

either it really shouldnt matter for this fight.

pretty sure cable has gotten older now as well in the 616 finally slowing down physically his strength and durability still high though.

h2h i see cable beating frank with the strength lvl difference.
wpns is better but still give it to cable his skull and most parts of his body is metallic plus his bionic eyesight gives him an edge OP said no virus but even with purely human my argument is that Cable has been on the battlefield constantly since he was young fighting Apoc and such. He's bred for battle all his life. Frank is a fighter but he hasn't fought purely for survival and victory since he was a teenager in large scale guerrilla wars

Sin I AM
OP said no virus but even with purely human my argument is that Cable has been on the battlefield constantly since he was young fighting Apoc and such. He's bred for battle all his life. Frank is a fighter but he hasn't fought purely for survival and victory since he was a teenager in large scale guerrilla wars

you know that really means nothing......I mean Bruce has only been alive like what? 33, 34 years? and he can stomp plenty of people with "battlefield experience". By your logic extremely long lived characters should never get beaten

Uriel005
Originally posted by Sin I AM
you know that really means nothing......I mean Bruce has only been alive like what? 33, 34 years? and he can stomp plenty of people with "battlefield experience". By your logic extremely long lived characters should never get beaten ... the point was that his entire life was warfare.... not that he has more experience via age. It's just that war is essentially what Cable has been doing since childhood fighting desperate fight to desperate fight traveling through time. He never really had a break from the time he was born.

Sin I AM
... the point was that his entire life was warfare.... not that he has more experience via age. It's just that war is essentially what Cable has been doing since childhood fighting desperate fight to desperate fight traveling through time. He never really had a break from the time he was born.

i understand that, but combat tactics and h2h fighting are not synonymous

Bouboumaster
I'll go with Frank

Juk3n
Cable has the combat prowess to beat deadpool in a h2h, he can rumble with wolverine too, in his prime, he's stronger than Punisher has enough damage soak to match and has more experience. The cable from cable / deadpool when they fought Luke Cage would beat Frank. I might give Frank the nod over an aged Cable. Barely though. Its a battle of Veterans and Cable is a bigger one.

Deadline
More experience doesn't always mean a better fighter.

chomperx9
dont quote me though... ooopsy eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by Juk3n
Cable has the combat prowess to beat deadpool in a h2h, he can rumble with wolverine too, in his prime, he's stronger than Punisher has enough damage soak to match and has more experience. The cable from cable / deadpool when they fought Luke Cage would beat Frank. I might give Frank the nod over an aged Cable. Barely though. Its a battle of Veterans and Cable is a bigger one. When did he beat DP?

Deadline
^ I think it was back in 1993 or 92. "My fist in your face till the fat lady sings."

chomperx9
who is more experienced on handling guns though ?

Mindset
Cable has more experience on all things combat.

Uriel005
Agreed as well as better skills overall. I don't see Frank taking shots at Apocalypse.

StiltmanFTW
Cable's dead, Castle wins.

Mindset
Say that to my face.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

chomperx9
who has more experience with guns in the DC universe compared to cable

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by chomperx9
who has more experience with guns in the DC universe compared to cable

Wrong thread.

chomperx9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wrong thread. oh ok, so with your permission I will go ahead and make a new thread regarding the question

StiltmanFTW
oh ok, so with your permission I will go ahead and make a new thread regarding the question

There is THIS thread for that kind of questions, you know.

Seriously chomper, you're so annoying sometimes...

Mindset
lol

chomperx9
There is THIS thread for that kind of questions, you know.

Seriously chomper, you're so annoying sometimes... I see questions in threads all the time regarding one of the characters. The thread isnt going anywhere cable stomps. Just asking who in DC would be more advanced since we already got peoples attention on the thread regarding cable.

StiltmanFTW
I see questions in threads all the time regarding one of the characters. The thread isnt going anywhere cable stomps. Just asking who in DC would be more advanced since we already got peoples attention on the thread regarding cable.

Both characters are Marvel here, maybe some people don't want to discuss DC shit no expression

biscuits

Cable doesn't stomp. I need to see more of his h2h feats if I'm gonna change my mind.

Martian_mind
Cable FTW.

guy222
thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by 753
right i forgot 616 ws retconned as an iraqi war veteran

When did that happen?

don't worry i looked it up it never happen he's still a Vietnam War Veteran.

iceman24567
Should be retconned if Frank is supposed tobe in his late 30s

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by iceman24567
Should be retconned if Frank is supposed tobe in his late 30s

Doesn't he have a new body now?

Sin I AM
Doesn't he have a new body now?

i believe he's back to his old self...last i heard he's trying to kill Daken

StiltmanFTW
i believe he's back to his old self...last i heard he's trying to kill Daken

Yeah, but isn't his current body rejevunated or something?

Eternal Idol
The Punisher.

Sin I AM
Yeah, but isn't his current body rejevunated or something?

i think he's back to his original self, pre fraken shit

Originally posted by Kazenji
When did that happen?

don't worry i looked it up it never happen he's still a Vietnam War Veteran. pretty sure he isnt. the marvel max version fought in vietnam and is in his 50s/60s. ultimate punisher was a gulf war veteran and I believe 616's been retconned as well, specially after the movies

Kazenji
The movies don't count erm

its the vietnam war for the 616

even says so on the Marvel site

http://marvel.com/universe/Punisher_%28Frank_Castle%29

No shit. I said that after the movie that makes no reference to vietnam so he could be young, I believe they retconned the 616.

That website is unreliable. Unless there was another rejuvenating event for castle that I'm a
unaware of, he couldnt be a vietnam vet. He isn't even 40 in the 616.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
That website is unreliable. Unless there was another rejuvenating event for castle that I'm a
unaware of, he couldnt be a vietnam vet. He isn't even 40 in the 616.

That shouldn't matter. A question like that was asked in the early 90s the writers simply said that characters aged very slowly in the MU. Tony Starks may have been in the Vietnam war (not actively).

Kazenji
Yeah if you want characters where they age go read some Manga.

Originally posted by Deadline
That shouldn't matter. A question like that was asked in the early 90s the writers simply said that characters aged very slowly in the MU. Tony Starks may have been in the Vietnam war (not actively). that makes no sense. of course marvel time is compressed, which would explain why only a few years have passed since the f4 formed, but historical events dont slide and the human life expectancy in the MU isnt really longer. they came up with rejuvenation events for chuck and mags because of this as their bacstories were tied the holocaust, the korea war (later retconned as afghanistan ) and israel's early years

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
only a few years have passed since the f4 formed

What? No way.

What? No way. In marveltime, yes. sad, but true. Gwen stacy's been dead for a couple of years top. the f4 have been arround for a decade or whatever. I mean franklin richards was created in 68 for chrsit's sake and he's what? 9?

Uriel005
Originally posted by 753
In marveltime, yes. sad, but true. Gwen stacy's been dead for a couple of years top. the f4 have been arround for a decade or whatever. I mean franklin richards was created in 68 for chrsit's sake and he's what? 9? just hit double digits i believe.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
that makes no sense. of course marvel time is compressed, which would explain why only a few years have passed since the f4 formed, but historical events dont slide and the human life expectancy in the MU isnt really longer. they came up with rejuvenation events for chuck and mags because of this as their bacstories were tied the holocaust, the korea war (later retconned as afghanistan ) and israel's early years

The thing is in the letter section I'm pretty sure he mentioned that Reed Richards had been a pilot during WW2 or something like that.

King Castle
Originally posted by Deadline
The thing is in the letter section I'm pretty sure he mentioned that Reed Richards had been a pilot during WW2 or something like that. i only recall Ben being a pilot during the cold war. in the logan & Ben adventure mini series

Deadline
Originally posted by King Castle
i only recall Ben being a pilot during the cold war. in the logan & Ben adventure mini series

I'd have to read the letters again, it might have been Ben. Damn I said pretty sure...ugh!

Well I did mention the thing. shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.