Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73281

The Nuul
BOOOOOO!!!!! mad

Myth
So I'm confused. Does this mean that the Alien prequel is not happening, or simply that the prequel is so different and focuses on different creatures so they gave it a completely different name?

Koenig
I hope it flops...

Kazenji
I hope they decide to go back to doing the Alien Prequel after this is done.

The Nuul
**** that, they should have done it before.

Myth
Again, I don't think it is clear that Prometheus isn't the prequel itself. On the main page of ComingSoon.net for this story, it says "Ridley Scott's Prometheus Coming March 9, 2012! Noomi Rapace will star in the Alien follow-up."

So is it that the prequel has been scrapped? Or is it that the prequel was so different from the original serious that they are calling it Prometheus instead of "Alien: ."

Sadako of Girth
Anythings possible, Myth.

The Nuul
It has traces of Alien but its not a prequel or part of the series. So far anwyays.

Alien prequel has stopped cold in its tracks and no one knows why yet.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by The Nuul
It has traces of Alien but its not a prequel or part of the series. So far anwyays.

Alien prequel has stopped cold in its tracks and no one knows why yet.

But we do know why. Because during the creative process they came up with an idea that they think is promising but that doesn't fit into Alien continuity / mythos, so they decided to develop a new IP instead. It is the same thing that happened when Capcom was originally making Resident Evil 4, and the end product turned out to be Devil May Cry.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Myth
Again, I don't think it is clear that Prometheus isn't the prequel itself. On the main page of ComingSoon.net for this story, it says "Ridley Scott's Prometheus Coming March 9, 2012! Noomi Rapace will star in the Alien follow-up."

So is it that the prequel has been scrapped? Or is it that the prequel was so different from the original serious that they are calling it Prometheus instead of "Alien: ."

Scott/Lindelof started off working on the Alien prequel, but the project turned into this (aka Prometheus), which is NOT a part of the Alien franchise. Noomi Rapace is starring in Prometheus, which originally started as the Alien prequel.

So yeah, Prometheus isn't the prequel, it's a standalone, original flick. Ridley said something like "strands of the Alien DNA will be seen in this film." Meaning that in Prometheus we'll be able to see similarities to the Alien franchise (because this movie started as an Alien prequel), despite it being a separate thing.

Hope that clears things up...

MildPossession
Good, I'd rather have Scott do a new original sci-fi film than ANOTHER Alien film, especially with a great lead like Rapace. Look forwards to it.

The Nuul
I am on the fence after some thought. Yes its great for Rid to come back to sci-fi after all these years. But I love Alien, however I dont want them to explain where they come from etc... Its best that the Aliens are left as an mystery for their origin.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by MildPossession
Good, I'd rather have Scott do a new original sci-fi film than ANOTHER Alien film, especially with a great lead like Rapace. Look forwards to it.

I'm curious to see how well Noomi Rapace does. Her name seems to be appearing more in upcoming Hollywood movies.

She definitely has on screen presence but can she hold up to Angelina & Milla when it comes to lead female heroines...?

darthmaul1
It was on ep daily today that the alien prequel is no more. And is now called promethius as stated above. And takes place in a new universe! So nothing related to alien
Oh well if they were smart they would do a reboot starting after aliens and turf alien 3 and 4

The Nuul
Originally posted by darthmaul1
It was on ep daily today that the alien prequel is no more. And is now called promethius as stated above. And takes place in a new universe! So nothing related to alien

WOW! we didnt know that.

darthmaul1
WOW! we didnt know that.
Ah sarcasam! some people above were saying there was some relation to alien but according to EP daily, there is nothing and everything is new.

MildPossession
It's been pointed out already and known for a while that it's nothing to do with the Alien series....

She will not have a problem.

srankmissingnin
I haven't seen her in anything where she speaks English, but she must have at least some proficiency since she is in Sherlock Holmes 2?

Robtard
She'll do fine as a heroine.

She was anally raped in 'The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo', only to come back and anally rape her rapist, scare the shit out of him and then further shame him with a "I'm a pig rapist" tattoo. She can play the role of a bad-ass (should they need it), no problem.

darthmaul1
It's been pointed out already and known for a while that it's nothing to do with the Alien series....

A while? A few days? Jebus all I said was that it was mentioned ep daily.

queeq
I think Prometheus might actually be good news... I was only enthousiastic about ALien prequels because Ridley was doing it. IT seemed to have a change of having something decent. Prometheus is something new... I think that's prolly better.

Maybe J.J. Abrams should revamp Alien... bring in a time shift etc etc... wink

MildPossession
She is fine with English, heard her in interviews and in Sweden, English is more or less up there with Swedish as a main language for most.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard

She was anally raped in 'The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo', only to come back and anally rape her rapist, scare the shit out of him and then further shame him with a "I'm a pig rapist" tattoo. She can play the role of a bad-ass (should they need it), no problem.

Alien better not drop the soap!!! eek!

The Nuul
nZSO62YYsFE

A little more info, I think.

MildPossession
^ Nothing new. stick out tongue

The Nuul
Well, who asked you? huh...

MildPossession
You were just as pointless as Darth. stick out tongue

The Nuul
mhm

Kazenji
http://www.aliensvspredator.net/forum/topic/7781-prometheus-may-still-contain-xenomorphs

darthmaul1
I don't know what to make of that!
Sounds like it may be a prequel after all. Showing the origins of the species.

Kazenji
That first lot of news about it not being an Alien Prequel sounds like someone at Fox got a message lost in translation.

Myth
As I said, the original reports didn't seem to clearly indicate that it was not a prequel.

-Pr-
So it IS a prequel? Nice.

Robtard
Doesn't really say it is or isn't, just that the Xenomorph aspect will be there.

The 'Space Jockey' they mentioned doesn't have to be the same one that kicked off the plot in Alien. Though as a fan of the franchise, I'd like the tie-in.

-Pr-
Doesn't really say it is or isn't, just that the Xenomorph aspect will be there.

The 'Space Jockey' they mentioned doesn't have to be the same one that kicked off the plot in Alien. Though as a fan of the franchise, I'd like the tie-in.

yeah, sorry. either way, an alien movie is fine with me, no matter how little, as long as it's good.

FistOfThe North
wow so it'll basically be ancient greek mythology with a hint of "Alien" mixed in?

um..oh..

roughrider
We'll see if it has a tenuous connection to the 'Alien' universe - just like James Cameron's 'Avatar' I guess.

Robtard
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
wow so it'll basically be ancient greek mythology with a hint of "Alien" mixed in?

um..oh..

Using the name Prometheus is probably just an allegory and won't deal with actual Greek mythology.

Prometheus was the Titan who helped create 'man' and helped mankind by re-giving 'him' the gift of fire. Maybe the movie will deal with the protagonist alien/race creating a new form of life or greatly helping the advancement of one. Just a wild guess.

Myth
^ Sounds a lot like the origins of the aliens.

Yeah, it could be anything from simply being a symbolic title, to a space craft named Prometheus, or some science experiment with the code name of Prometheus.

Kazenji
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=18156

"The Space Jockey is reportedly going to be eight feet tall."

The Nuul
So wait, this is the Alien prequel?

Sadako of Girth
Not really, but "same universe".

The Nuul
Will it be canon to Alien?

ti83mather
gay

mardook
Regardless of whether the aliens are in this movie or not, I am still excited. It has Ridley back in the director's chair doing a sci-fi movie and to my understanding, Giger is somewhat involved in the film's art direction. I suspect that the reason this movie is being branded a new IP is that it is not exactly an alien movie since it focuses on the back story of the alien creature rather than it being another forumlaic alien film = aliens run amok, stupid humans die. I can support this claim since it has been mentioned in the reports that there will be other creatures that aren't exactly the xenomorph. Perhaps, these space jockeys took different traits and aspects from various different alien species to create their perfect weapon which backfired on them. Now, I wonder how the human characters fit into all this. Maybe, they are frontier colony people. Not necessarily associated with the company or Earth which allows the story to take place. If they get lost to encountering the alien, nobody will come to find out about them. I'm just guessing here of course, but we will find out June 8, 2011 won't we. :}

Kazenji
http://www.aliensvspredator.net/forum/topic/7832-alien-aliens-in-prometheus

MildPossession
Yeah, going to be a different type since it hasn't come across humans yet, unlike the ones in the previous films.

jaden101
Apparently filming parts of it around Inverness and the Highlands...Might have to find out when and have a nosey around.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
Apparently filming parts of it around Inverness and the Highlands...Might have to find out when and have a nosey around.

Try not to steal anything.

MildPossession
I hate you. Tell us what you find out and when they are there. smile

Lord Shadow Z
Yeah, going to be a different type since it hasn't come across humans yet, unlike the ones in the previous films.

Makes sense really, it's amazing when you consider their ability to take on the characteristics of the host; makes for all kinds of variety. I mean, the Pred-Alien for a start and it's reproducing ability was pretty cool.

Makes you wonder what other unattached sci-fi creatures could be used by them to form different types, it was already wondered at by Sadako of Girth and some others in a vs thread what a fusion with the Arachnids would look like. Probably gain a lot more legs and some nasty barbed pincers I would imagine!. big grin

Myth
I wonder what the Alien would look like if it came out of one of those dog creatures in Predators.

Kazenji
Does anyone ever remember the Aliens toys they had out years ago

i remember there being an Alien Rhino in its range and even a Mantis.

Scythe
Haha, I do. They were kinda cool. Never did get my Alien Shark!

mardook
Originally posted by Kazenji
Does anyone ever remember the Aliens toys they had out years ago

i remember there being an Alien Rhino in its range and even a Mantis.

I used to see toys like that... I think there was even a gorilla and leopard hybrid toy in the works. I dunno about the Mantis, the facehugger would have to be small including the embryo it is implanting to fit inside the Mantis' mouth or opening. :P

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by mardook
I dunno about the Mantis, the facehugger would have to be small including the embryo it is implanting to fit inside the Mantis' mouth or opening. :P

I thought about that myself, anything too small or even too big would be difficult for them because generally they need to use their tails to grip around the prey's neck for them to hold on to.

Or maybe for bigger creatures they would just dig in, possibly using their acid to help.

If they took a Wookie, you'd have the first Alien concept with fur at least! laughing

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by mardook
Perhaps, these space jockeys took different traits and aspects from various different alien species to create their perfect weapon which backfired on them. Now, I wonder how the human characters fit into all this. Maybe, they are frontier colony people. Not necessarily associated with the company or Earth which allows the story to take place. If they get lost to encountering the alien, nobody will come to find out about them. I'm just guessing here of course, but we will find out June 8, 2011 won't we. :}

Ridley Scott's really kept the details under wraps. He deliberately leaked details to the press of the various scenarios he's played with over the years without hinting which is true or false...

One scenario was that the Space Jockeys (known as Growers) were terra-formers themselves who bred & used aliens to clear planets of unwanted life-forms before they terra-formed it. In this scenario, the aliens were no bigger than a medium sized dog.

On the Growers home planet were 2 captured male slaves.
Whether Ridley was joking or not but apparently in the script, the Growers enforced male-rape in trying to get them to breed.

MildPossession
^ I hope that second part doesn't play as part of the film.

Myth
I just had a thought. What if a face hugger got on a xenomorph?

The Nuul
I just had a thought. What if a face hugger got on a xenomorph?

Charlie Sheen is born.

Myth
Guy Pearce was added to the cast. I approve.

Kazenji
There a picture that got released from the set but its been removed well over at comicbookmovies.com it has

hang on found it

http://www.movieweb.com/news/prometheus-alien-tunnel-set-photos

Myth
Nice find. That looks like a good set up to bring back the feel of the old Alien movies.

Kazenji
What Your Favourite Alien Movie Says About You

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/what-your-favourite-alien-movie-says-about-you/

Patient_Leech
Charlie Sheen is born.

laughing

I only found out about this movie a few days ago. I'm pretty psyched cuz I like the Alien movies quite a lot and from what it sounds like, this is gonna be even more engrossing and provocative!

Patient_Leech
Some mildly interesting tidbits about Prometheus from Comic Con...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50527

Kazenji
Screenshots from the teaser that was shown

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=20207

Myth
Those were removed, but here are some: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61557527.html

Patient_Leech
Those were removed, but here are some: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/61557527.html

I saw both, there's more of them there... sweet. Nice finds, guys. This is gonna rock. It looks a lot like the original Alien.

FistOfThe North
Charlie Sheen's gonna play as the fossilised Space Jockey found in "Alien", when it was alive.

ha, j/k.

Kazenji
Photos of 2 vehicles

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=45353

queeq
Nice.

Patient_Leech
I'm really excited to see an official trailer for this. There's some fake trailers on Youtube if you search around. This one is an assemblage of images...

3fIp0b0pCz8

There's a facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/PrometheusMovie2012?ref=ts&sk=wall

And whoa, I had never seen this poster before..

http://www.moviestation.org/gfx/posters/355216.jpg

Kazenji
More details

http://www.screened.com/news/more-details-emerge-about-ridley-scotts-prometheus/2950/

RE: Blaxican
Didn't know Charlize Theron was in this. That's cool, I like her.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Didn't know Charlize Theron was in this. That's cool, I like her.

I know, right?! She's cool.

And it's nice to see Ridley Scott going back to his roots. I haven't had nearly as much interest in most of his other movies. But I like me some alien/outerspace sci-fi.

Kazenji
For his non-sci-fi stuff i liked Gladiator and Robin Hood.

Patient_Leech
Been a while since I saw Gladiator. I do remember rather liking it. Robin Hood looked weak.. is it really okay? I saw Kingdom of Heaven, which was alright. Kind of forgettable, but those sorts of movies often are for me. I actually like Hannibal pretty well, though.

roughrider
Scott's highlights from the last decade were Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and American Gangster. But it's thrilling to see him return to steer new stories for Alien and Blade Runner.

Robtard
Reading up on this, it looks tragic. Scott had originally wanted this to be an aliens prequel with a budget of $250mil and an R rating. All win, imo.

But 20th Century Fox said: not so much, $155mil and PG-13.

Sadako of Girth
Tragic, ourageous, a sign that hollywood wants all things to be as shit as possible whilst still trying to guarantee as many returns as possible........
"We already enticed Scott and got his name on it..it'll sell like hotcakes....Right....lets make this a care bears version so to broadened the age range of those who will give us all their money..."

Shameless.

Patient_Leech
Hm, that does suck. But Mr. Scott has got to know that that kind of budget would never be approved for an R rated movie. Unfortunate that he wasn't able to keep the R rating, though, with the budget cut. The budget cut will probably improve the movie actually.

-Pr-
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=48885& amp;t=Rafe_Spall_Confirms_emPrometheusem_is_a_Preq
uel_to_Ridley_Scotts_emAlienem

Esau Cairn
Shoulder canon?

-Pr-
looks like one doesn't it.

Myth
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Shoulder canon?

I simultaneously get excited and cringe when I see that.

roughrider
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm, that does suck. But Mr. Scott has got to know that that kind of budget would never be approved for an R rated movie. Unfortunate that he wasn't able to keep the R rating, though, with the budget cut. The budget cut will probably improve the movie actually.

When Alien: The Director's Cut got a theatrical release in Canada in 2003, it actually got a PG rating! Far cry from the original Restricted rating in 1979. A sign of how far we have come?
I think the film could be plenty scary with a PG-13 rating. You don't need buckets of gore to guarantee a hard R-rating.

The Nuul
R rating is hard to get these days.

Esau Cairn
I'm sceptical that this film will actually be a PG-13 rating.

At a recent Comic Con, they should a preview of Prometheus where Charlize Theron's character was doing push-ups in the nude.

I'm not saying it was full frontal nudity but surely this scene itself would suggest a higher rating than PG-13 & NOT end up just being edited out.

Sadako of Girth
At a recent Comic Con, they showed a preview of Prometheus where Charlize Theron's character was doing push-ups in the nude.

Best....news....ever eek!

The Nuul
Ch69CrQ7Ph8&

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/08/01/prometheus-footage-pics-online/

Looks a lot like Alien to meeeee. I am loving this.

Happy Dance

Kazenji
This movie just might be the Renaissance for this franchise it needs.

Esau Cairn
Seriously, judging by the photos...there is no way this will be censored down to a PG13 rating.

I can't speak for Ridley Scott but surely he would rather see his project shelved & never to be seen rather than edit & censor it down for a bunch of 13 yr olds...

Kazenji
Would'nt be surprised if a directors cut gets released.

Patient_Leech
Seriously, judging by the photos...there is no way this will be censored down to a PG13 rating.

I can't speak for Ridley Scott but surely he would rather see his project shelved & never to be seen rather than edit & censor it down for a bunch of 13 yr olds...

Um.. he only had about 15 versions of Blade Runner. I've given up on that movie, cuz there are so many versions. I hate when directors are forced to make alternate versions cuz the studio forces them to. But I think roughrider is right.. you can get away with a lot more in PG-13 movies these days. I don't doubt Ridley Scott's ability to creep us out within the confines of a PG-13 rating.

roughrider
I hope this means for sure, the Alien vs. Predator series is definitely OUT of continuity.

Kazenji
I do hope they reboot the AVP movie franchise.

Myth
I wouldn't mind more AVP movies, as long as they aren't at the expense of legit solo Alien and Predator movies.

Kazenji
And better quality in writing & Story.

Kazenji
Ridley talks Prometheus Alien connection

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=84037

Mr. Marshall
I like the idea that the movie will feature a new creature and then we get the traditional Xenomorph for the last eight minutes. Hopefully we get some design art or something soon.

Patient_Leech
Hm.. he basically is telling us something without telling us anything. Interesting, though. I guess. : /

Esau Cairn
Hm.. he basically is telling us something without telling us anything. Interesting, though. I guess. : /

Yeah that's funny...I've probably read over half a dozen articles on the movie & interviews with some of the cast & crew & I still don't know what Prometheus is about!

It's probably one of Hollywood's best kept secrets to date.

Mr. Marshall
I've got a pretty good idea.

Kazenji
Which would be?

Mr. Marshall
I don't wanna ruin anything for anyone.

roughrider
I want a trailer!

Esau Cairn
I want a pony!

roughrider
WAAAAHHHH!!!! TRAILER!!!!Jumpy

Patient_Leech
Yeah, they really need to wet our appetite with a teaser or SOMETHING... this is torture.. lol.

jinXed by JaNx
id rather have the alien prequel

Myth
I heard a while ago that the teaser was going to be released Fall 2011 with more advertising starting early 2012. That tells me we can't be too far away from a teaser.

Kazenji
Theres been a low-res teaser trailer leaked online.

Patient_Leech
Linky???

Kazenji
could'nt find one

the ones i seen were taken down by FOX.

siriuswriter

Was she in the Swedish version, or will she be in the American one?

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Was she in the Swedish version, or will she be in the American one?

Swedish. Where said anal-rape, and revenge anal-rape was had.

Esau Cairn
Swedish. Where said anal-rape, and revenge anal-rape was had.

If I was to be anally raped.
It would definitely be Swedish style. smokin'

Patient_Leech
Some magazine scans..

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/78

Kazenji
Found a low res teaser

3idSf4q2fVI

Myth
That looks f*cking epic! I'm more stoked now. Great music too.

Patient_Leech
Hm... I could barely tell what I was looking at. Wish they'd just release it already.

Kazenji

jaden101
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/08aa314a-6cd6-464f-876c-da48e7ccc07b.png

jaden101
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/prometheus-ew4.jpeg?w=1000&h=
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/prometheus-ew1.jpeg?w=370&h=
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/f82800e0-9ecf-4a0e-9bb3-551dd72ab8fd.jpg?w=1000&h=

Patient_Leech
Pretty sweet poster. Kind of a simplified old-school retro feel.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
http://tdwgeeks.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/prometheus-ew4.jpeg?w=1000&h=

Has an H.R. Giger-like feel to it, good.

Patient_Leech
Brilliant observation there, 'tard. stick out tongue

I was pleased to read that on the Wikipedia page. Thank almighty Dafoe Christ.

Robtard
Brilliant observation there, 'tard. stick out tongue

Easy, fella.

roughrider

I was pleased to read that on the Wikipedia page. Thank almighty Dafoe Christ.

We'll see. Steven Spielberg said much the same thing for Indiana Jones 4, and that wasn't really true. But I'm not as anti-CG as others here. Just so long as it looks like an Alien film, and we don't get what we saw in Alien Resurrection, where we got CG creatures running around like the raptors from Jurassic Park.

Robtard
Are you thinking of Alien 3?

It's been a long time since I've seen Alien: Resurrection, but I recall the Xenos being fairly standard human/alien drones in that.

roughrider
Are you thinking of Alien 3?

It's been a long time since I've seen Alien: Resurrection, but I recall the Xenos being fairly standard human/alien drones in that.

When I say Alien Resurrection, I'm not saying Alien 3.

Remember when they were chasing them underwater, and up ladders? They were using CG just because they could, as Jurassic Park had perfected it four years earlier. But it totally took away from the mystery, having them run around in the light rather than the shadowy corridors. At the time, that's what made me think of the raptors in Jurassic Park, them doing FX like that.

Patient_Leech
Easy, fella.

I'm not your fella, friend!!

Originally posted by roughrider
We'll see. Steven Spielberg said much the same thing for Indiana Jones 4, and that wasn't really true. But I'm not as anti-CG as others here. Just so long as it looks like an Alien film, and we don't get what we saw in Alien Resurrection, where we got CG creatures running around like the raptors from Jurassic Park.

Ah, fair enough. Well, I guess you can't make all those ants out of practical effects. They did have one or two straight car chases that didn't have much/any CGI. But I don't think it was CGI alone that ruined Indy IV.. but anyway. I don't see Ridley Scott throwing a bunch of CGI aliens all over the place. He understands mood a bit better than Mr. Frenchie, director of Alien: Resurrection. I hope he doesn't prove me wrong, though.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider
When I say Alien Resurrection, I'm not saying Alien 3.

Remember when they were chasing them underwater, and up ladders? They were using CG just because they could, as Jurassic Park had perfected it four years earlier. But it totally took away from the mystery, having them run around in the light rather than the shadowy corridors. At the time, that's what made me think of the raptors in Jurassic Park, them doing FX like that.

Resurrection was the 4th movie.

After the 4th I would imagine the viewer would be fed up by the aliens STILL hiding in shadow & only still showing a glimpse of teeth, tail or claw.

The 1st was suspense & that's why the mystery worked. The sequels that followed were action/adventure so revealing them in their true glory is a must.

Myth
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/prometheus_poster.jpg

roughrider
Resurrection was the 4th movie.

After the 4th I would imagine the viewer would be fed up by the aliens STILL hiding in shadow & only still showing a glimpse of teeth, tail or claw.

The 1st was suspense & that's why the mystery worked. The sequels that followed were action/adventure so revealing them in their true glory is a must.

Of course Alien Resurrection is the fourth movie. That's why I don't understand people thinking I'm talking about Alien 3.

So they had the Xenomorphs running around in brightly lit corridors in the fourth, like a pack of wolves. And how did that work out? It didn't.

roughrider
First trailer comes in three days!

http://movies.themoviebox.net/year/2012/Prometheus/trailer.php

Patient_Leech
Oh my god, that little behind-the-scenes clip rocked. This is gonna rock. I've really got to try to not watch the trailer.. don't let me, everyone. Don't let me!

Myth
There is another one: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85319

Patient_Leech
Yeah, watched it. Okay, but from this point on I am vowing not to watch any trailers. I'll be reading others' reactions to them, though. I'm just marking June 8, 2012 on my calendar, and I will be there.

Myth
I want to be able to do that, but I don't have the will power. They have been keeping Prometheus fairly under wraps, so I will take my chances and trust they won't reveal too much in the trailers. I saw the leaked teaser and it doesn't reveal too much. Only 1 part could be seen as spoilerish, but you would have to be pretty dumb to not see that part coming.

Patient_Leech
Oh, c'mon. You can do it. Don't be a PANSY stick out tongue

It'll make the movie so much better when you actually see it in all its glory. I already wish I could unsee a thing or two.. but by the time it comes out I might have forgotten it.

Myth
I'm proud enough to avoid the prologue.

jaden101
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/12/22/ridley-scotts-prometheus-trailer/

Enjoy.

Robtard
Hoping that "3-D" comment is false, cos I'd rather like to watch this in a decent theater.

darthmaul1
I'm so happy that dark knight and Gi Joe are not in 3d! i hope this isn't either.
you can see the trailer here and it is real
http://www.joblo.com/video/

Myth
I'm proud enough to avoid the prologue.

I mixed up what movie I was posting about. I'm equally excited for Dark Knight Rises and Prometheus.

Patient_Leech
So is that the trailer? How's it lookin'?

Is this gonna be in 3D?

Sadako of Girth
Scott was adamant that it be 3D.

From what Ive seen of leaked and trailers, its gonna be WTF epic.
Fans are gonna cream themselves.
Bits like the Alien ship being shown to be shot out of the sky above LV 426, and showing it crashing etc were jizztastic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>