Sunshine BD problem with Sony firmware update

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5743

It seems that people with Sony Blu-ray players and PS3s have been experiencing problems with the latest firmware update when trying to watch Sunshine.

It mentions in this link that the picture-in-picture track opens automatically and can't be turned off.

Blu-ray consumers in the US and Canada can call this number for a replacement copy of Sunshine.

1-888-223-4369

That being said, I just updated my Sony BDP-S360 with the latest software update and am experiencing no problems with my Sunshine disc. It started normally, I opened the on-screen menu, turned on the PIP track, and turned it back off.

MildPossession
I'm not one for extras like that and Sunshine that I have works perfectly, and I have never updated my blu ray player.

But yes, it's annoying if you like the certain extras that need the blu ray player updated.

Wolfie
I'm considering calling for a replacement copy just in case a future update causes my disc not to work.

I had upgraded from my original DVD so after reading about this, I decided to keep my DVD too.

The Nuul
Is this a good movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.