Genis Vell vs Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins.

King Castle
insane tears him apart.. rips the psionic broadcast energy comprising the will power and manipulates it himself.. 10/10

Genis Vell average or in his last persona i guess maybe 5.5 a lil bias here.

Legacy version gets beaten badly by Hal 9/10

-Pr-
Insane wins, standard doesn't imo. and no, i don't consider them the same.

dmills
Ok. I just have to see more on this "insane" Genus Vell. Every vs thread I've seen him featured in people say he stomps whomever he's facing. Is this guy legit it is he another kmc creation? Does he have a respect thread, crude I can't find one?

King Castle
Originally posted by dmills
Ok. I just have to see more on this "insane" Genus Vell. Every vs thread I've seen him featured in people say he stomps whomever he's facing. Is this guy legit it is he another kmc creation? Does he have a respect thread, crude I can't find one? what do you mean, KMC creation, what u tryin to imply? no expression

and yeh, he has a respect thread.

Simbon
Ok. I just have to see more on this "insane" Genus Vell. Every vs thread I've seen him featured in people say he stomps whomever he's facing. Is this guy legit it is he another kmc creation? Does he have a respect thread, crude I can't find one?

I have said it before and will say it again: he is the single most overrated character on KMC -- he has fantastic BFR abilities andcosmic awareness, but most estimates of his power are based on his universe-destroying/eternity-crushing feats, which are completely at odds with his combat feats which are numerous, and do not take him beyond the high-herald category in my opinion. I think he will win this fight but it will not be the stomp people say.

illadelph12
Insane Genis is legit. There was a storyline where his cosmic awareness drove him insane and he eventually conspires with the children of Eternity, 'restarts' the universe, then after some time and intervention, reverts back to 'normal', though still disturbed.

He's not like Flash Prime or J Platinum Prime.

Q99
He also one-shotted one of a pair of giant brothers. The brothers were strong enough that if they fought Odin-Powered Thor, Asgard would be destroyed.

illadelph12
That was funny.

psycho gundam
galactic core manipulating storm ftw

dmills
Originally posted by King Castle
what do you mean, KMC creation, what u tryin to imply? no expression

and yeh, he has a respect thread. When I say another "KMC creation" I'm speaking of the tendency that this forum has to go overboard with new characters, and/or characters that show some high end power. They tend to take on almost mythic proportions at times.

dmills
Originally posted by illadelph12
Insane Genis is legit. There was a storyline where his cosmic awareness drove him insane and he eventually conspires with the children of Eternity, 'restarts' the universe, then after some time and intervention, reverts back to 'normal', though still disturbed.

He's not like Flash Prime or J Platinum Prime. Thanks for the 411! I'll try and dig into it more.

When you say he's legit, you mean his above HH status is legit? Because I see a lot of peeps saying he'd smash the Surfer, Thor, Hal etc.

Edit: Oh almost forgot. This you?

http://hypertransitory.com/blog/2011/01/06/nova-drawing-with-facebook-update/

iceman24567
When I say another "KMC creation" I'm speaking of the tendency that this forum has to go overboard with new characters, and/or characters that show some high end power. They tend to take on almost mythic proportions at times. Like you do to Nova shifty

thanos-prime
Insane rapes
standard which would be photon wins 10/10

Galan007
When I say another "KMC creation" I'm speaking of the tendency that this forum has to go overboard with new characters, and/or characters that show some high end power. They tend to take on almost mythic proportions at times. This defines Insane Genis.

Don't get me wrong, the guy was powerful, but if he truly had these 'abstract-esque' powers, he should have been able to swat King Thor away as though he were nothing... But that wasn't the case. Fact is, his higher-end feats that always seem to get brought up (speaking about him killing Eternity/sparking a new universe) have been ridiculously exaggerated -- as those were both shared feats with Entropy.

King Castle
When I say another "KMC creation" I'm speaking of the tendency that this forum has to go overboard with new characters, and/or characters that show some high end power. They tend to take on almost mythic proportions at times. i dont think this forum really treats characters that way usually new guys get smacked down until they acquire more feats and history and usually references and evidence is asked for most often then not with unknown or little known characters when ppl here dont know them..

iirc he resurrected/summoned his father from across time/space and killed him as he was beneath him and yes Marvell possessed his own quantum bands.

Genis may have done it more then once i cant recall correctly and as mention above he killed an asgardian giant that he and his brother had been run off their land by odin millenniums ago or eons.

Genis even told king thor not to fight them due to the time they had to grow in power since their exile from their own land fighting them would destroy asgard iirc. Genis then pulled out his gun which was just a physical manifestation of his power after one of the brothers refused to back down.

the brothers were suppose to be pretty up there near Odin power os slightly below.

Genis in the same story arc was able to trick king thor making him think he fought him and the giants it was all an illusion part of his cosmic awareness ability to see multiple realities and various futures.

dmills
Originally posted by iceman24567
Like you do to Nova shifty Exactly. angel

No not really. I say what I think and try to provide reasons why. The recent love that Nova's been getting is because he's done some pretty cool things as of late, not because of anything I've said on this forum (ok maybe I'll take a little credit). Last I checked, nobody (not even me) ever said that Nova would stomp Hal, Surfer, Thor, etc lol! But I see that a lot with this Genis Vell character.

dmills
i dont think this forum really treats characters that way usually new guys get smacked down until they acquire more feats and history and usually references and evidence is asked for most often then not with unknown or little known characters when ppl here dont know them..

iirc he resurrected/summoned his father from across time/space and killed him as he was beneath him and yes Marvell possessed his own quantum bands.

Genis may have done it more then once i cant recall correctly and as mention above he killed an asgardian giant that he and his brother had been run off their land by odin millenniums ago or eons.

Genis even told king thor not to fight them due to the time they had to grow in power since their exile from their own land fighting them would destroy asgard iirc. Genis then pulled out his gun which was just a physical manifestation of his power after one of the brothers refused to back down.

the brothers were suppose to be pretty up there near Odin power os slightly below.

Genis in the same story arc was able to trick king thor making him think he fought him and the giants it was all an illusion part of his cosmic awareness ability to see multiple realities and various futures. Ok now I'm more confused then ever. From what I could gather, the entire thing was basically him looking at possible futures and outcomes of him doing these things via cosmic awareness, but not him actually doing them. Sort of like a glorified dream sequence. Is this correct?

King Castle
only with King Thor even after he finished showing thor the brother still wanted to fight Genis couldnt accept it due to the collateral damage so he killed one of the brothers himself to prevent it.

dmills
only with King Thor even after he finished showing thor the brother still wanted to fight Genis couldnt accept it due to the collateral damage so he killed one of the brothers himself to prevent it. wacko

King Castle
okay i'll try to explain.

genis shows up on asgard to find out what makes one a god.. thor gets mad after a while due to genis being crazy and insulting.. he attacks him.

the brother's shows up to reclaim what was there's that Odin stole eons ago and lied to his ppl about. Thor now in charge calls genis a liar a fight begins but it all happen in king thor's mind...

reality shifts back and thor realizes it was an illusion but not really since it was cosmic awareness sharing genis tries to settle it but the giant brothers or at least one of them doesnt want too..

so genis shoots him dead. had the fight happen asgard or a large portion of it would have bn destroyed due to their power lvls.

Simbon
okay i'll try to explain.

genis shows up on asgard to find out what makes one a god.. thor gets mad after a while due to genis being crazy and insulting.. he attacks him.

the brother's shows up to reclaim what was there's that Odin stole eons ago and lied to his ppl about. Thor now in charge calls genis a liar a fight begins but it all happen in king thor's mind...

reality shifts back and thor realizes it was an illusion but not really since it was cosmic awareness sharing genis tries to settle it but the giant brothers or at least one of them doesnt want too..

so genis shoots him dead. had the fight happen asgard or a large portion of it would have bn destroyed due to their power lvls.

Again, this is not enough. They are featless opponents. I've seen the fight, and if you care to go through the respect forums for Superman, Thor, Surfer, Black Adam and other high heralds you will find that every single one of them boasts combat feats that are just as, if not more impressive than the showing against Sturm and Drang. There is no reason at all to rate Genis above high herald.

King Castle
you want a feat? he used his Nega bands to absorb all forms of energy and ambient heat from the body of a soldier kree and turn him into a Popsicle and shattered him.

although you may not think it is interchangeable it shows his mindset and willingness to outright kill his opponent if allowed to.

Simbon
you want a feat? he used his Nega bands to absorb all forms of energy and ambient heat from the body of a soldier kree and turn him into a Popsicle and shattered him.

although you may not think it is interchangeable it shows his mindset and willingness to outright kill his opponent if allowed to.

I will grant you that he is more willing to use his powers viciously, but that doesn't take him above the high herald tier.

King Castle
Originally posted by Simbon
I will grant you that he is more willing to use his powers viciously, but that doesn't take him above the high herald tier. what about when he shot entropy with his gun and help restart the U?

Simbon
what about when he shot entropy with his gun and help restart the U?

His high-end, abstract/universe busting feats are so out of sync with his fights with regular characters that I think they are PIS. If he is so powerful, why can't he just insta-kill characters like Hyperion or King Thor?

dmills

although you may not think it is interchangeable it shows his mindset and willingness to outright kill his opponent if allowed to. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't high end Ice Man have similar feats? Absorbing heat from Celestials and the Stranger etc?

King Castle
His high-end, abstract/universe busting feats are so out of sync with his fights with regular characters that I think they are PIS. If he is so powerful, why can't he just insta-kill characters like Hyperion or King Thor? b/c the whole time he was running around as insane started slowly finally reaching full insanity and indifference..

he slowly went crazy aside from that the fact that he doesnt shoot everyone with an abstract lvl blast is the same as when SS or thor only blast hard enough to take down a human or mid meta..

Simbon
b/c the whole time he was running around as insane started slowly finally reaching full insanity and indifference..

he slowly went crazy aside from that the fact that he doesnt shoot everyone with an abstract lvl blast is the same as when SS or thor only blast hard enough to take down a human or mid meta..

No, in those battles it was not a case of a more powerful character using minimum force against a weaker one. The fact is that he does not appear to be more powerful in those fights than Hyperion or King Thor. The Genis-Wankage must stop.

"Id"

Black bolt z
As to the explaination on Insane genis...Do I trust Galan or delph mmm...?

As for the fight genis.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Insane wins, standard doesn't imo. and no, i don't consider them the same. They are.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2rmb893.gif

Mindset
His high-end, abstract/universe busting feats are so out of sync with his fights with regular characters that I think they are PIS. If he is so powerful, why can't he just insta-kill characters like Hyperion or King Thor? He never fought Hyperion when he was insane and he didn't even want to fight KT.

So...

tross

quanchi112
Vell wrecks.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by -Pr-
Insane wins, standard doesn't imo. and no, i don't consider them the same.

This.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
They are.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2rmb893.gif This.

Q99
Again, this is not enough. They are featless opponents. I've seen the fight, and if you care to go through the respect forums for Superman, Thor, Surfer, Black Adam and other high heralds you will find that every single one of them boasts combat feats that are just as, if not more impressive than the showing against Sturm and Drang. There is no reason at all to rate Genis above high herald.

Keep in mind the vision of destruction was authenticated by both Odinforce and Cosmic Awareness so even though it didn't happen, it is certainly accurate.

Plus the history with Odin puts them at pretty darn strong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.