Kick Ass vs. Ozymandias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
The squad of kick ass deduces Ozymandias' plan through Rorshach' diary found 30+ years later. They trap Ozy in a old wharehouse where they intend to kill him but Ozy has predicted this and placed a powerful magnet that strips them of their weapons but kick ass himself has gone in the back way. They meet each other in a room and prepare to fight each other as Ozy stares them down seeing them as a threat to peace. Kick Ass comes in and attempts to attack Veidt but is stopped by Hit Girl. The fight begins now:

Hit Girl(Butterfly Knife)
Big Daddy(Knuckledusters)
Kick Ass(Batons)
Red Mist(Baseball bat)
Derouve( sorry forgot name, knuckledusters )

Vs

Ozymandias(unarmed)

No other equipment, only what is named, can he keep the peace or will he be gutted and outed?

Rogue Jedi
Ozy rapes hard.

BruceSkywalker
lulface kick asses only chance would be if Ozy phoned in sick

General_Iroh
Yeah Red Mist and Kick-ass go down hard early, Big Daddy and Hit-Girl won't last long either though without most of their arsenal. Knuckledusters and a butterfly knife aren't going to cut it.

Lord Lucien
Ozy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by McNasty996
but kick ass himself has gone in the back way.

HAAA!

Me thinks that Ozy would like that. smile

Originally posted by General_Iroh
a butterfly knife n't going to cut it.

HAAA!

laughing laughing

Ozy solos. The fights are over in about 2 seconds.

Placidity
Originally posted by dadudemon

Ozy solos. The fights are over in about 2 seconds.

really? I doubt it. I reckon Team Kickass could at least last 30 seconds.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs623.snc3/27529_120501057961272_4245_q.jpg

Lestov16
The Kick-Ass team are ripped apart like wet tissue

Rogue Jedi
If HG has her cable knives, then maybe, MAYBE.....

Kaibs
Lol not at all man... youre really trying ot say she has speed comapred to Ozy? That's crazy.

DarkNemesis
Kick-Ass and Red Mist are complete non-factors. If by Derouve you mean D'Amico (the main villain), then same goes for him, a non-factor.

And honestly, you gave Big Daddy and Hit Girl some pretty poor weapons. Knuckle duster and butterknife? Please, you might as well have left them unarmed. At least give each of them a handgun, Ozy's a bullet timer anyway.

NemeBro
Ozymandias tears them apart in a matter of a few seconds, the team has no chance at all.

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ozymandias tears them apart in a matter of a few seconds, the team has no chance at all.

steverules_2
This is clearly spite...

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Not even then, dude.

BruceSkywalker

that'll just make Ozy play some Ozy Osborne music stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Not that hard to see. If he is busy with the other four, she'd have a chance.

BruceSkywalker
Not that hard to see. If he is busy with the other four, she'd have a chance.

but bullets and knives won't hurt Ozy though

General_Iroh
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but bullets and knives won't hurt Ozy though Since when is he impervious to bullets and knives?

DarkNemesis
He probably means that it'll be hard to tag Ozy with bullets and knives.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
He probably means that it'll be hard to tag Ozy with bullets and knives.

yeah this is what i meant

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but bullets and knives won't hurt Ozy though laughing

dadudemon
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Since when is he impervious to bullets and knives?

I think he meant that using those tools would be ineffective against him because Ozy would dodge and evade attacks with those weapons.

But, Ozy's bullet dodging can be overtaxed, IMO. Just two shooters should overtax him, imo.

Dr Will Hatch
This is total spite. Give Hit Girl and Big Daddy their guns and other equipment, and then we have a fight.

BruceSkywalker
laughing

if you think otherwise than post some valid evidence instead of fanboyism. IIRC, Ozy is much more faster than the little 10 year old and also post a vid where Ozy was shot and/or knifed and blood was pouring out

the ninjak
Ozy can process information way too quickly for the team to comprehend. Better more experienced fighters couldn't get a bead on him.

HG stands 0/10 chance of hitting him. Especially since she goes first.

Dr Will Hatch
^Pretty much, but I don't see where people are getting that Ozy could win even if the OP allowed HG/BD to be armed. Ozy caught one bullet. Big deal.

the ninjak
If they are blasting at him he falls like anybody else.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
^Pretty much, but I don't see where people are getting that Ozy could win even if the OP allowed HG/BD to be armed. Ozy caught one bullet. Big deal. Yeah, I'm going with team Kick Ass here, IF HG is allowed her cable knives. Look at what she did here:

g1trJ0swPpQ

Big Daddy has mad damage soak, so if Ozy is busy kicking the shit outta him, she can employ the cable knives.

General_Iroh
Yeah, I'm going with team Kick Ass here, IF HG is allowed her cable knives. Look at what she did here:

g1trJ0swPpQ

Big Daddy has mad damage soak, so if Ozy is busy kicking the shit outta him, she can employ the cable knives.
I dunno I'm hard pressed to say she could take down Ozy with just cable knives. Given Big Daddy can take a beating that's all he'll be taking with knuckledusters as his only form of weapon. I can't imagine that he's a significantly better fighter than Rorschach and Nite Owl's combined efforts. And they couldn't do crap to Ozy. Give Big Daddy a gun however and it's a different story.

Robtard
Yeah, I'm going with team Kick Ass here, IF HG is allowed her cable knives. Look at what she did here:

His suit (like his glove) is likely bullet proof, not that it matters much; he could beat them naked. He's shown to fight multiples, casually evade hits while having a conversation and fightning back without trying to kill. They're not touching him here and he likely could KO them with a hit or two, dude has insane strength.

He can also catch thrown knives, so grabbing that cable shouldn't be too much of a problem, should he wish.

the ninjak
True cable knife isn't much of a threat to Ozy

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
His suit (like his glove) is likely bullet proof, not that it matters much; he could beat them naked. He's shown to fight multiples, casually evade hits while having a conversation and fightning back without trying to kill. They're not touching him here and he likely could KO them with a hit or two, dude has insane strength.

He can also catch thrown knives, so grabbing that cable shouldn't be too much of a problem, should he wish.

HG was a surgeon with those blades. If she gets a clear shot at his face, she's hitting it.

He can't grab the cable if his hand is up BD's ass.

Robtard
HG was a surgeon with those blades. If she gets a clear shot at his face, she's hitting it.

He can't grab the cable if his hand is up BD's ass.

Na.

Watch the last fight in Watchmen, he fights two good combatants, avoids everything while having a conversation and he wasn't trying to kill them. Here he's unleashed, Daddy goes down in seconds, maybe not out, but down.

MW5ab4UKaG0

Guy is a beast, super-human strength, plus a high level of speed.

Rogue Jedi
Aahahahaahha "Daddy goes down."

Robtard
Aahahahaahha "Daddy goes down."

In this fight, that might happen too.

Rogue Jedi
It's a big if, dude. But IF she gets a shot at him, she'll hit him between the eyes.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahaha.

Robtard
She's getting kicked like a soccer ball and flying 100-feet to her death.

Rogue Jedi
Probably so, 9 times outta 10.

Robtard
Probably so, 9 times outta 10.

Na, booted each and every time.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, even monkeys fall outta trees. If the fight over and over and over and over and over, eventually Ozy'll **** up.

the ninjak
It's a big if, dude. But IF she gets a shot at him, she'll hit him between the eyes.
Aaaaaaaaahahahahaha.

The guy had the ability to process situations and probabilities on the fly.
And dodged a bullet at blank range.
She used shock and run tactics to avoid hers.
He catches the knife and shoves it into a wall.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by the ninjak
He catches the knife and shoves it into a wall. One on one, yeah, but he had 4 others to worry about.

Robtard
Nah, even monkeys fall outta trees. If the fight over and over and over and over and over, eventually Ozy'll **** up.

With his intellect, won't be 10% of the time. Maybe one fight out of a million.

Rogue Jedi
With his intellect, won't be 10% of the time. Maybe one fight out of a million. 1/100. Ozy ****ed up in Watchmen.

Robtard
1/100. Ozy ****ed up in Watchmen.

1%? Na.

IIRC, he made one wrong calculation, that the device that created Dr. Manhattan would also kill him. Considering Dr. Manhattan's powers and the being he became, it's not too bad, all things considered.

Rogue Jedi
1%? Na.

IIRC, he made one wrong calculation, that the device that created Dr. Manhattan would also kill him. Considering Dr. Manhattan's powers and the being he became, it's not too bad, all things considered. Still.

the ninjak
Ozy suceeded completely.

Dr Manhattan made clones so when Ozy killed the one Doc it was really just a gamble. He still persuaded DM to kill Rorschach and take the blame.

Ozy is on another level.

Rogue Jedi
But not totally infallible.

the ninjak
But not totally infallible.

Who is?

Rogue Jedi
Who is? Me.

the ninjak
Me.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic) eek!

Placidity

IIRC, he made one wrong calculation, that the device that created Dr. Manhattan would also kill him. Considering Dr. Manhattan's powers and the being he became, it's not too bad, all things considered.

Actually I thought it was pretty stupid.

The device 'demolecularizes' objects...

"I'm disappointed in you, Adrian. I'm very disappointed. Reassembling myself was the first trick I learned. It didn't kill Osterman. Did you really think it would it would kill me?"

- Dr Manhattan

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Actually I thought it was pretty stupid.

The device 'demolecularizes' objects...

"I'm disappointed in you, Adrian. I'm very disappointed. Reassembling myself was the first trick I learned. It didn't kill Osterman. Did you really think it would it would kill me?"

- Dr Manhattan Mhm, noob mistake.

BruceSkywalker
He catches the knife and shoves it into a wall.

that or Ozy shoves the knife straight through the little kids heart

Robtard
Oh my.

Rogue Jedi
That, or he makes a crucial mistake as he did with Manhattan and has his throat slit.

Robtard
That, or he makes a crucial mistake as he did with Manhattan and has his throat slit.

We see him fighting and what's he's capable of, this angling for 1/100 serves what purpose?

the ninjak
Making a gamble with Dr Manhattan. Then manipulating him anyway.

Doesn't count as a crucial mistake.
Manhattan is unstoppable besides use of persuasion.

Rogue Jedi
Making a gamble with Dr Manhattan. Then manipulating him anyway.

Doesn't count as a crucial mistake.
Manhattan is unstoppable besides use of persuasion. Read what Placidity said.

the ninjak
I did. What Dr Manhattan assumed in that remark had no bearing on Ozy's endgame.

He factored in the possibility that demoleculisation wouldn't work and pushed Plan B into action.

Robtard
Read what Placidity said.

Considering he was dealing with an immense level of power, trying to kill Dr. M with what created him wasn't a retard move, all things considered.

What was he to try otherwise?

Rogue Jedi
I did. What Dr Manhattan assumed in that remark had no bearing on Ozy's endgame.

He factored in the possibility that demoleculisation wouldn't work and pushed Plan B into action. White people are stupid.

the ninjak
Stupid is stupid does sir.

Rogue Jedi
Watchmen was stupid.

the ninjak
Agreed.
Did you guys watch Misfits? Awesome show.

Rogue Jedi
No.

the ninjak
No.

Give it a go. You'll love it.

Placidity
Considering he was dealing with an immense level of power, trying to kill Dr. M with what created him wasn't a retard move, all things considered.

Explain why its not.

Manhattan's own statement explains the lack of logic in attempting to do what Ozy did.

What was he to try otherwise?

Well, firstly he should've recognized that it would be futile.

Secondly, he didn't even need to kill Manhattan. He could have shown him the TV screen the first time round and it would've worked out the same.

Not so smart... ay.

I would blame it on the plot though. Ozy still clever guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Lord Lucien
He manipulated everyone, including Manhattan. The tachyon stunt may have been just to buy him a little extra time for the world press to convene and international leaders to come to an accord.

Placidity
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He manipulated everyone, including Manhattan.

I don't see how that is relevant to the discussion.

The tachyon stunt may have been just to buy him a little extra time for the world press to convene and international leaders to come to an accord.

Unlikely, I recall he looked surprised to see that Manhattan was alive.

Lord Lucien
I don't see how that is relevant to the discussion. I don't see how Manhattan is relevant to the discussion at all, but everyone's doing it.

Unlikely, I recall he looked surprised to see that Manhattan was alive. Killing Dr. M would have saved him a world of potential trouble (the possible blabbing). Next best thing would have been to slow him down. Either way, he secured his plan or at least bought himself time.

Placidity
I don't see how Manhattan is relevant to the discussion at all, but everyone's doing it.

Well, its more to do with Ozy not being infallible, which doesn't really change the outcome of the fight but it was the point being made.

Lord Lucien
He's the best a human can be. Unfortunately, nowhere in our programming is the Infallible function unlocked, so Ozy just has to make do.

Placidity
He's the best a human can be. Unfortunately, nowhere in our programming is the Infallible function unlocked, so Ozy just has to make do.

Well, I'm not sure I entirely agree with that.

I mean you could argue there are superior peak humans out there. Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, Mister Terrific, Lex Luthor etc.

That would make for an interesting topic actually.

the ninjak
Unlikely, I recall he looked surprised to see that Manhattan was alive.

Anybody would looked surprised to see a giant blue guy breaking his roof in.

Ozy played Manhattan. Nuff said.

Robtard
Explain why its not.

Manhattan's own statement explains the lack of logic in attempting to do what Ozy did.

Well, firstly he should've recognized that it would be futile.

Secondly, he didn't even need to kill Manhattan. He could have shown him the TV screen the first time round and it would've worked out the same.

Not so smart... ay.

I would blame it on the plot though. Ozy still clever guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Because he was dealing with a being of immense power than even his own insanely high intellect couldn't fully grasp. Extreme heat is used to create a steel girder; extreme heat can also destroy it.

Was it a gamble? Yes. Was it retarded? No.

He had no guarantee how Manhatten would ultimately react in the end, so he planned and planned with back-up.

As far as Ozymandias being infallible, no one said he was. The "he ****ed up with Manhattan" angle was brought in to somehow conclude that he would ****-up kicking the crap out of these four.

jinXed by JaNx
Ozy demolishes

NemeBro
That, or he makes a crucial mistake as he did with Manhattan and has his throat slit. You just compared making a single mistake in an attempt to kill Dr. Manhattan, and a mistake in fighting these five.

They are not comparable.

Beating these relative weaklings is a trivial matter for Veidt, compared to the task of attempting to blind, manipulate, and kill Manhattan. The first two succeeded. The last one did not, and it was a gamble, and he failed. But to even compare that to fighting these five is insane.

Placidity
Because he was dealing with a being of immense power than even his own insanely high intellect couldn't fully grasp. Extreme heat is used to create a steel girder; extreme heat can also destroy it.

Not the same at all. Manhattan had already learnt how to reform himself from being demolecularized. Steel cannot reform itself at will.

Was it a gamble? Yes. Was it retarded? No.

Still lacks complete logic as Manhattan pointed out, its as clear as day.

He had no guarantee how Manhatten would ultimately react in the end, so he planned and planned with back-up.

He could have tried to convince him first, and then attempt to kill him if it didn't work. Its better than pissing him off first.

As far as Ozymandias being infallible, no one said he was. The "he ****ed up with Manhattan" angle was brought in to somehow conclude that he would ****-up kicking the crap out of these four.

I agree. I was just pointing out Ozy made a stupid mistake in the movie (which was something you and RJ were discussing if I recall) Likewise, others should stop bringing up how 'Ozy manipulated Manhattan' as if that has any bearing on this fight.

Robtard
Not the same at all. Manhattan had already learnt how to reform himself from being demolecularized. Steel cannot reform itself at will.

Still lacks complete logic as Manhattan pointed out, its as clear as day.

He could have tried to convince him first, and then attempt to kill him if it didn't work. Its better than pissing him off first.

I agree. I was just pointing out Ozy made a stupid mistake in the movie (which was something you and RJ were discussing if I recall) Likewise, others should stop bringing up how 'Ozy manipulated Manhattan' as if that has any bearing on this fight.

Destroyed as a human first, Ozy had no idea if destroying him again n his new form would net the same outcome, him coming back. For that matter, he had no idea if the device would have worked again. IE He made a gamble, not a retard move.

Dr. M is an abstract being at best, "logic" doesn't really apply.

Manhattan was already pissy when he got there. Why Ozy ran.

Just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't see it as a stupid move, considering that he was dealing with. Trying to shoot Manhattan with a gun, that's clearly a stupid move.

Placidity

Just going to have to agree to disagree

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.