Who should be on X-Force's roster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilTyrant
Create your team and discuss.
My picks: (All these members are not against killing)

Wolverine (of course)
The Punisher (him and Logan work good together and they're not afraid to put the enemy down for good)
Cable (Should lead the team, or lead a 2nd group like the X-Men in the old days, Gold and Blue team)
Ares (every team needs the muscle, and this guys a beast)
Red Hulk (we've seen him kill, he'll be perfect on this team)
X-23 (loved her in the series, wish they never took her out)
Ghost Rider (Not sure if he'd stick around much, but would be good if they could call in a favor from him, from time to time)
Deadpool (wish they make him more deadly like he was in the old days)

Dum Dum Dugan
The two team idea is interesting. You could have the public X-force led by cable that show more restraint and like the x-force of old, soldiers. Then have the sahdow team run by Wolverine which identity remains secret and is a kill squad.

I really like the current roaster from uncanny x-force. also liked the roster from x-force vs red hulk

EvilTyrant
Agree 100%

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
The two team idea is interesting. You could have the public X-force led by cable that show more restraint and like the x-force of old, soldiers. Then have the sahdow team run by Wolverine which identity remains secret and is a kill squad.

I really like the current roaster from uncanny x-force. also liked the roster from x-force vs red hulk

wannabe
why create two teams, one public, one undercover??? X-Force as of now is nothig but the black ops version of the X-Men. So there are already two teams, on public, one undercover. erm

my roster (mutants only!) would include:

Wolverine - isn't it obvious?!
Archangel - lethal predator and best flyer you could have
Mystique - fatal, incredibly cunning, best infiltrator there is
Magic - cruel, get's you anywhere wanted, covers anything mystical
Psylocke - deadly MA, covers the psionic field
Frenzy - raging brick, useful even with a telekinetic on the team

Omgu8mynewt
Originally posted by wannabe
why create two teams, one public, one undercover??? X-Force as of now is nothig but the black ops version of the X-Men. So there are already two teams, on public, one undercover. erm

my roster (mutants only!) would include:

Wolverine - isn't it obvious?!
Archangel - lethal predator and best flyer you could have
Mystique - fatal, incredibly cunning, best infiltrator there is
Magic - cruel, get's you anywhere wanted, covers anything mystical
Psylocke - deadly MA, covers the psionic field
Frenzy - raging brick, useful even with a telekinetic on the team

Like this team, but your not thinking of personalities - How could Wolverine trust a team with Mystique on it, and how could Ilyanna keep quiet about any horrible stuff she has to do when not in Limbo???

I think a better team doesn't need the skills so much as the ability to keep quiet and work undercover so the current roster of UXF although less powerful seems more effective

-Pr-
Not Cyclops.

srankmissingnin
I think a five man team is perfect, then there is a enough pages for everyone one to have some spot light and we don't have to waste a section of the book reading about Wolvesbane and her stupid boy friend.

wannabe
Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
Like this team, but your not thinking of personalities - How could Wolverine trust a team with Mystique on it, and how could Ilyanna keep quiet about any horrible stuff she has to do when not in Limbo???

I think a better team doesn't need the skills so much as the ability to keep quiet and work undercover so the current roster of UXF although less powerful seems more effective
Right you are about the personality problems within my roster, it's less than ideal.
BUT
actually that's part of why i put it together like this. I want to see struggle, conflict, developement within the group. I want to see them having to deal with each other, having to put it together against all odds for the sake of their species. I just like that kind of stuff. wink

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think a five man team is perfect, then there is a enough pages for everyone one to have some spot light and we don't have to waste a section of the book reading about Wolvesbane and her stupid boy friend.
I am so glad I am not the only one. That whole love scene, her having a baby crap was pointless. Also I dont think they have even done anything with that thus far.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, it sucked. That arc should be called X-Force and Wolfsbane.

Warren still has that toxin on his feathers, awesome.

Wolfie
I've been meaning to catch up with X-Force, because I loved it at the beginning. So I'm partial to the first team of the series: Wolverine, Warpath, X-23, Wolfsbane.

srankmissingnin
Uncanny X-Force is hands down better than Kyle and Yost run. The writing, characterization, story and most of all the art, and the Kyle and Yost run was great so that should give you some indication of how good this run is.

Darth Jello
For your consideration:
Typhoid Mary (this profile assumes she has all her marbles together and therefore, access to all her powers and that she is no longer working for the Kingpin).

Skills: Underworld contacts, Martial Arts skills in armed and unarmed combat, especially Ninjutu and including training from the Taskmaster and secret government agencies (Crossbones/Bullseye level), Detective skills, stealth skills, skilled in seduction and sex. Skilled with twin ninjoto swords.

Powers:
Telepathy: Low-level, capable of putting animals and extremely stupid people to sleep, implant suggestions such as sexual attraction in people.
Telekinesis: Capable of levitating and controlling multiple (up to thousands) objects simultaneously. Capable of creating and maintaining a suit of armor made entirely of debris. Capable of slowing bullets. Minor levitation including slowing and surviving falls and increasing flexibility and acrobatics to super human levels.
Pyrokinesis: Capable of igniting any object within her vicinity. Can generate blasts of fire from her hands. Can mentally control and manipulate fire.
Altered physiology: Runs a fever when using her powers. Can alter her voice, heart beat, brain waves, and scent enough to fool mental detection as well as Wolverine and Daredevil. Generates pheromones that garner sexual attraction.

RLAAMJR.
Penance from Generation X.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/0/0b/HollowPenanceBioPic.JPG/406px-HollowPenanceBioPic.JPG

I want to see a fight between her and X-23.

I also want to see how Wolverine tries to tame the two girls.

peejayd
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not Cyclops.

* if not, who's character can fit to be the leader of X-force? just asking... smile

Darth Jello
One other off the wall consideration (assuming he isn't dead):

Bushwacker

Skills: Trained in fighting and marksmanship by the CIA and other government agencies, underworld contacts.

Powers: Limited malleability and healing factor (Did not know he was a mutant until recently), Cybernetic implants allow him to transform his arms and hands into a variety of weapons, able to ingest ammunition and fuel in order to "reload".

-Pr-
Originally posted by peejayd
* if not, who's character can fit to be the leader of X-force? just asking... smile

Logan should lead the team, imo.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Jello
One other off the wall consideration (assuming he isn't dead):

Bushwacker

Skills: Trained in fighting and marksmanship by the CIA and other government agencies, underworld contacts.

Powers: Limited malleability and healing factor (Did not know he was a mutant until recently), Cybernetic implants allow him to transform his arms and hands into a variety of weapons, able to ingest ammunition and fuel in order to "reload".

Bushwacker hates mutants.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bushwacker hates mutants. He did till he found out he was a mutant unless I missed something.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Darth Jello
He did till he found out he was a mutant unless I missed something.

In X-Force Sex and Violence he still seems to be prejudiced against mutants, calling Domino a mutie.

Darth Jello
Was that pre or post Daredevil vs. Punisher?

Quick Freeze
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11112/111126180/7071409-x-four.jpg

The Astonishing X-Force

Storm
Deadpool
Sunspot
Kitty Pryde/Lockheed

Storm seems like the natural leader here, though all four led squads of their own. Nice balance of powers, personalities, histories, and motivations.

riv6672
^^^nice.
Good reasoning, even for the ever over exposed Deadpool! thumb up

riv6672

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^nice.
Good reasoning, even for the ever over exposed Deadpool! thumb up

I actually consider that very high praise so thank you smart

As usual your theme-based team is clever af

riv6672

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.