Death Eaters vs Nicolas Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
All of RJ's favorite terrorists have to spend a week locked in a small two story house with the Nicolas Cage from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

He is armed

He is batshit insane

He is turning into Ghost Rider

If you look at the woman behind him at 1:48, he seems to have Force Powers too.

No one can teleport out of the house.

WHO WINS??? laughing

the ninjak
Cage kicks their asses...with style. And rage.

Lord Lucien
One must note the difference between Mongolian Death Eaters, which are evil wizards from Mongolia, and mongoloids, like the actor Nicholas Cage.

Rogue Jedi
Does Ghost Rider have a soul?

the ninjak
No he is a construct.
An instrument of nature.
Death Spells won't work.

Rogue Jedi
Then they vanish him. Or change him into a teacup.

Death Eaters win.

the ninjak
Changing the Spirit of Vengeance itself into a teacup doesn't sound right to me.

I'm sure he would have natural resistances to sorcery.+ molecular manipulation.

the ninjak
It would be like turning the Devil into a teacup. It ain't happening.
The Spirit of Vengeance is a universal force. Brought into the our plane using Cage as a medium.
The wizards wouldn't comprehend what they are transmuting.
Every single one of them would stare into his eyes while casting spells.
And it's safe to say they are all guilty as sin so they go into a trance and are judged.

BruceSkywalker
yeah the wizards are doomed here.. penance stare or Blaze uses his chain on their candy arses

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Does Ghost Rider have a soul?

He's got spirit, fool.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by the ninjak
It would be like turning the Devil into a teacup. It ain't happening.
The Spirit of Vengeance is a universal force. Brought into the our plane using Cage as a medium.
The wizards wouldn't comprehend what they are transmuting.
Every single one of them would stare into his eyes while casting spells.
And it's safe to say they are all guilty as sin so they go into a trance and are judged. He showed no resistance to magical spells onscreen.

He'll vanish just fine. Imperio, confundus, all that shit would work just fine.

the ninjak
The being is Vengeance.
Transmutation and mental assault won't work.
The spells work on creatures and humans but not gods.

GR didn't fight magicians in the film. So I can argue that the spells won't work as much as you can say they will.

I'm going off the entity itself. In the latest film (Hollows) the 3 brothers faced death and received gifts. Before ultimately falling to Death.

GR would face Death.

Rogue Jedi
haermm That shit was never implied onscreen, dude. He vanishes, end of story, /thread.

Kazenji
And he will find a way back wherever the **** he gets vanished to.

Rogue Jedi
No, he won't. What onscreen feat proves this? What onscreen feat shows him changing back from a teacup?

None.

/ yet another HP spite thread.

the ninjak
The transmutation spell itself wouldn't have a clue what it's transmutating.
And as a result would fail.
All wizard battles I've seen on screen had the opponents staring at each other.
Second they see GR they get frozen by Penance Stare. Mass deaths ensue.

Show me feats of Wizards transmuting Gods and forces on this level.

Robtard
That spell works on the living and inanimate objects, no? Bird into goblet, boy into shark etc?

Ghost Rider isn't living in the conventional sense and he's definitely not an inanimate object. Stands to reason that spell won't work on him due to his nature.

Rogue Jedi
The transmutation spell itself wouldn't have a clue what it's transmutating.
And as a result would fail.
All wizard battles I've seen on screen had the opponents staring at each other.
Second they see GR they get frozen by Penance Stare. Mass deaths ensue.

Show me feats of Wizards transmuting Gods and forces on this level. So HP spells work fine on humans, animals and inaminate objects, but not Ghost Rider? I call bullshit. Prove it.

They'll Imperio him, force him into human form, then death spell him.

the ninjak
So HP spells work fine on humans, animals and inaminate objects, but not Ghost Rider? I call bullshit. Prove it.

Again, GR is the embodiment of "Vengeance" brought onto our plane through Blaze as a medium.
Blaze isn't just possessed like Reagan in the Exorcist.
Every fiber and molecule that makes up his form is Vengeance.
In the comics(I know they don't count) if the host body gives in totally to the force GR becomes Vengeance Unleashed... a being with no bounds.

So for arguments sakes IF the wizard's spells could destroy, teleport, transmute any particles that represent Johnny Blazes'. Then they will have to deal with Vengeance itself.

And then it's all over.

Robtard
So HP spells work fine on humans, animals and inaminate objects, but not Ghost Rider? I call bullshit. Prove it.

Se above, GR isn't living in the conventional sense and he's not an inanimate object. So?

Again, does that spell work on the non-living? Does it work on Dementors even?

Rogue Jedi
Again, GR is the embodiment of "Vengeance" brought onto our plane through Blaze as a medium.
Blaze isn't just possessed like Reagan in the Exorcist.
Every fiber and molecule that makes up his form is Vengeance.
In the comics(I know they don't count) if the host body gives in totally to the force GR becomes Vengeance Unleashed... a being with no bounds.

So for arguments sakes IF the wizard's spells could destroy, teleport, transmute any particles that represent Johnny Blazes'. Then they will have to deal with Vengeance itself.

And then it's all over.

"Have to deal with vengeance itself?" Sounds like more "ZOMG the force binds the universe together" bullshit. If GR is vanished, they don't have to deal with shit. They steal his motorcycle and rape his woman.

the ninjak
He is the embodiment of Vengeance.

And they deserve it.

Nuff said close thread/

Rogue Jedi
The wizards vanish him.

/ thread.

Robtard
The wizards vanish him.

/ thread.

Can they vanish a spirit? Non-living and not an object.

Does that work on Dementors? This might be a loose comparison.

Kazenji
No, he won't. What onscreen feat proves this? What onscreen feat shows him changing back from a teacup?

How is turning into a teacup called "Vanishing" erm

someone got things mixed up.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
How is turning into a teacup called "Vanishing" erm

someone got things mixed up. That's transfiguration. The first comment was Evanesco, the second was transfiguration. Either one beats the Rider.

the ninjak
Then why didn't the 3 Brothers defeat Death. When they obtained the cloak of invisibility, the super wand and the immortality stone?

Because they couldn't fight a primal force.

GR is no different.

Rogue Jedi
Then why didn't the 3 Brothers defeat Death. When they obtained the cloak of invisibility, the super wand and the immortality stone?

Because they couldn't fight a primal force.

GR is no different. What's cheating death got to do with the death eaters vanishing the Rider?

Nothing.

Kazenji
And he has Mephisto probably backing him up even tho those two have a fight over the power.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
And he has Mephisto probably backing him up even tho those two have a fight over the power. Ah, I see. So it's both of them now?

Kazenji
Who knows....

the ninjak
I need feats of Transmutation Spells modifying Spirits and/or Gods/Demi beings.

Otherwise the spell won't work.

Rogue Jedi

Right back atcha. I need feats of the Rider NOT succumbing to being vanished. NOT falling victim to imperio.

the ninjak
There was only one crappy movie and there were no wizards in it.

Whereas my request is possible. I'll even accept book feats.

BruceSkywalker

i don't think there are any.. Spells don't work on beings like Ghost Rider

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Can they vanish a spirit? Non-living and not an object.

Does that work on Dementors? This might be a loose comparison. They can Imperio him, force him back into human form, then vanish him.

Fried gold, babe. And no, the Rider showed absolutely zero ability at resisting mind control, especially in human form.

Robtard
They can Imperio him, force him back into human form, then vanish him.

Fried gold, babe. And no, the Rider showed absolutely zero ability at resisting mind control, especially in human form.

Fair enough on that tactic. But does that spell work on non-living beings?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i don't think there are any.. Spells don't work on beings like Ghost Rider Not implied in the GR movie. Pure speculation, duder.

Imperio, he goes into human form, evanesco.

Rogue Jedi
Fair enough on that tactic. But does that spell work on non-living beings? It works on humans, wizards, animals and inaminate objects. It's safe to say it'd work on the Rider. After all, it'd work fine on a zombie.

Kazenji
There was only one crappy movie and there were no wizards in it.

Whereas my request is possible. I'll even accept book feats.

There is another Rider movie on its way, I'm hoping its better then the first one.

the ninjak
Does Imperio work on werewolves?

And Hell no to someone commanding the primal force of Vengeance to making himself vulnerable. No mindrape possible here sorry.

It works on humans, wizards, animals and inaminate objects. It's safe to say it'd work on the Rider. After all, it'd work fine on a zombie.
You are comparing a zombie to the Spirit of Vengeance. RRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Robtard
It works on humans, wizards, animals and inaminate objects. It's safe to say it'd work on the Rider. After all, it'd work fine on a zombie.

Ghost Rider is not human, not a wizard, not an animal and not an inanimate object.

He's not a zombie either, he's a spirit(supernatural force) composed in part of hell fire.

That spell doesn't work on dementors, right? It's not looking like it'd work on GR either.

Rogue Jedi
Ghost Rider is not human, not a wizard, not an animal and not an inanimate object.

He's not a zombie either, he's a spirit(supernatural force) composed in part of hell fire.

That spell doesn't work on dementors, right? It's not looking like it'd work on GR either.

He has a mind. Was it ever said/implied in his movie that he is resistant to magic?

Does Imperio work on werewolves?

And Hell no to someone commanding the primal force of Vengeance to making himself vulnerable. No mindrape possible here sorry.

You are comparing a zombie to the Spirit of Vengeance. RRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I was being sarcastic. Non living being. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Werewolves have minds, yes, it'd work fine on them.

GR has a mind, yes, it'd work fine on him.

the ninjak
So they can command a werewolf back into human form.

How come the 3 brothers couldn't just command Death to leave them alone or destroy itself?

Or make them utterly invincible?

Death appears in front of the 3 brothers.
Imperio!!!!!
Make me a God!

I wouldn't say GR has a mind on our scale perse. It is what it is, a universal primal force. It doesn't have a favourite colour or football team.

Robtard
He has a mind. Was it ever said/implied in his movie that he is resistant to magic?

Not in the conventional sense.

Does that spell work on Dementors and/or ghost? Not the best comparison, but it's as close to GR in HP.

Rogue Jedi
OK folks, let's go off topic here.

GR was killed once by Blade in the comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_%28Danny_Ketch%29

When Ghost Rider became a part of the team the Midnight Sons, he died twice in the process. The first person who killed Ghost Rider was the vampire hunter Blade, who was at the time possessed by the mystical book the Darkhold.

OK, the "Darkhold"....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkhold

Chthon, a demonic Elder God who was the Earth's first practitioner of black magic, was the principal author of the Darkhold.

Black magic.

Rogue Jedi
Not in the conventional sense.

Does that spell work on Dementors and/or ghost? Not the best comparison, but it's as close to GR in HP. No, it's really not. They are as different as night and day.

Robtard
So it took Blade with the power of a god to kill Ghost Rider, this?

the ninjak
No Cthon is a Primal Earth God. Capable of drowning cities in blood, locusts biblical stuff.
The guy is an offshoot of Cthulhu alongside Shumu Gorath.

The Darkhold is the Necronomicon of the Marvel Universe. A primal portal to the demonic world.

What the Darkhold is capable of is vastly beyond anything in the HP universe.

Plus Blade has a link to the Demogorge. A sword is created that has links to Atum the God Eater. Blade became his Avatar.

He also beat Dr Strange who .....no offence would crush HP wizards.

Robtard
No, it's really not. They are as different as night and day.

So I take it that spell doesn't work on Dementors. But ok.

Rogue Jedi
No Cthon is a Primal Earth God. Capable of drowning cities in blood, locusts biblical stuff.
The guy is an offshoot of Cthulhu alongside Shumu Gorath.

The Darkhold is the Necronomicon of the Marvel Universe. A primal portal to the demonic world.

What the Darkhold is capable of is vastly beyond anything in the HP universe. Mhm, but the book is based on magic, yes?

Robtard
If you're bringing in the comics, than Ghost Rider stomps harder. He's one of the most powerful beings in Marvel outside the god-like beings, iirc. At least on Earth.

Rogue Jedi
If you're bringing in the comics, than Ghost Rider stomps harder. He's one of the most powerful beings in Marvel outside the god-like beings, iirc. At least on Earth. I was just saying, dude, in the comics, magic affects GR.

But I shouldn't have posted comics, my bad.

the ninjak
Mhm, but the book is based on magic, yes?

HP magic is not Marvel Universe Magic.
Magic in the Marvel exists on a universal scale. Primal Gods sharing there powers in particular spells.
Whole galactic civilisations harnessing magic.
The gap between Magic and Science is blurring though.

But for example the magic used to defeat GR required the aid of TWO SUPER GODS. Cthon and Demogorge.

HP spells are just incantations. And don't have such support.

Robtard
I was just saying, dude, in the comics, magic affects GR.

But I shouldn't have posted comics, my bad.

I was reading up on it, Blade became insanely powerful, even Dr. Strange was beneath him it appears.

http://www.comicvine.com/midnight-massacre/39-46178/

No worries.

the ninjak
I was reading up on it, Blade became insanely powerful, even Dr. Strange was beneath him it appears.

http://www.comicvine.com/midnight-massacre/39-46178/

No worries.

Yeah that was the power of the Demogorge. A being all the Gods in the Marvel Universe are struggling to defeat. So if that being can defeat GR Im not surprised.

Rogue Jedi
HP magic is not Marvel Universe Magic.
Magic in the Marvel exists on a universal scale. Primal Gods sharing there powers in particular spells.
Whole galactic civilisations harnessing magic.
The gap between Magic and Science is blurring though.

But for example the magic used to defeat GR required the aid of TWO SUPER GODS. Cthon and Demogorge.

HP spells are just incantations. And don't have such support.

Well, all that matters is that GR showed zero screen feats that implied he is resistant to magic.

Nothing implied that he cannot be vanished or transfigured. Or Imperioed.

Hell, all a Death Eater has to do is apparate behind him, grab his jacket, and apparate him into the desert at noon.

Oh, wait, the death eaters cant apparate out of the house. They're gimped and GR is at full strength. Silly me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kills me when someone gimps the wizards in an attempt at a wizard loss.

the ninjak
Well it should be a Stalemate then due to wizards not showing feats doing the same.
Penance stare would obliterate Voldemort though and the rest would celebrate being freed from their dictator.

Rogue Jedi
A stalemate how? Transfiguration, dude.

the ninjak
I just don't buy it. Transforming a construct....a god into a tea cup.

Not happening.

Rogue Jedi
If GR showed any resistance to magic, I'd side with you. But he didn't.

the ninjak
I never said GR was resistant to magic just matter manipulation and mind control and bestowing of death.

Rogue Jedi
Resistance to matter manipulation and mind control and bestowing of death is resistance to magic.

They could always freeze him, you know. He'll be nothing more than a statue.

the ninjak
Those powers aren't just magical.
Mutants can do those things as well powered superheroes even machines can pull off those feats in the respective universe.
And none have succeeded before.
Being a cosmic entity comes with certain advantages.
Because the GR is the actual spirit of vengeance he is up there with Thor, Odin and Mephisto/Satan.
There unique biologies are still misunderstood by the highly advanced alien races that span the Marvel Universe.....they still can't decode them.

Death exists in HP as an entity if it appeared in front of the wizards would you really believe that any of these spells would effect it in any way. Death would just shrug it off.

And same would GR. Might feel some discomfort but these spells were created specifically for what they have witnessed in their reality.

They have never faced a being like this before.

Rogue Jedi
And GR has never faced a being like a wizard. He showed ZERO resistance to magic, dude.

the ninjak
God don't make me watch that movie again....

Didn't the other spirits GR fought have mad abilities?
They didn't work on GR.
Spells that made a guy I think vomit water. Not on GR....why?
Cause he's immune they had to resort to Semi Trailers and stuff.
I think one even tried to Apparate? and GR just swallowed him with Hell Fire.
Edit: Those villains would kill the wizards as well.
Death eaters turn up and the liquid demon would just make them all vomit water.

A sky full of Appirating Death Eaters and GR swallows em all like a vaccuum cleaner.

dadudemon
Those powers aren't just magical.

Those abilities ARE magical: explicitly and inexorably magical.

Mutants can do those things as well powered superheroes even machines can pull off those feats in the respective universe.

But those aren't "magic." Those are very explicitly NOT magic.

Also, there is NO WAY to prove that the HP magic will or will not work on GR, based on the movie alone. It is a very futile attempt from both sides to have a vs. discussion. Each said can equally say magic will or will not work. You absolutely cannot pick and choose which magic will work and which will not because nothing exists in the movie to prove or disprove ANY of that.

Comic book feats? Not allowed. Comic book proof? Not allowed. Etc. etc. etc.

Here's the discussion:

Can HP magic work on the Cosmic Entity and Demon known as Zarathos/Johny Blaze combo (which, together, are stronger than apart)?

Answer: undefined and not determinable.

Would this be in doubt if it was anyone except for an immensely powerful cosmic entity? Not at all.

Thread match-up fails and no discussion except immature insults and baseless claims can occur.

That should effectively end the thread, but it won't happen because egos are much too big.

If , however, we assume a "Matrix" in which all powers work against each other, the Wizards win by a landslide without very much effort at all. Why? The death spell kills the physical and removes the soul. That would be both Zarathos' soul and Johnny Blaze soul.

If you assume a Matrix in which you argue, incessantly, on which power do or do not work, than that is a shitty OP and the thread needs to be closed and redone.

the ninjak
Hey I wanted the thread closed on agreement that there wasn't "enough" to conclude a winner.

An ORIGIN movie based on a comic character that could do all of the above that I posted.

I guess the posts just kept going. More a personal education on the universe than anything.

In the end this was a joke thread that became something more. Nice to have a ref though.

Robtard
Magic spells do have limits though, does the mind-control spell work on a boulder or a leg of lamb? Would it work on a dementor or ghost?

The spells RJ brought up all seemed to work on the living and/or inanimate objects. GR is outside either of these scopes.

But yeah, overall it's a circular debate.

BruceSkywalker
Not implied in the GR movie. Pure speculation, duder.

Imperio, he goes into human form, evanesco.

and neither is what you want to happen..

Rogue Jedi
and neither is what you want to happen..

Hey, Bruce, did GR show any resistance to magic?

BruceSkywalker
Hey, Bruce, did GR show any resistance to magic?

back at you,, did the wizards take down a demonic supernatural force??

Rogue Jedi
back at you,, did the wizards take down a demonic supernatural force?? They can certainly vanish him. Or change him into a thimble. Or freeze him.

dadudemon
They can certainly vanish him. Or change him into a thimble. Or freeze him.

Did the wizards show the ability to affect demi-gods?

No.

Can you logically conclude that they can based on the films? No.

Can they vanish him? Undefined.

Can they change him into a thimble? Undefined.

Can they freeze him? Undefined.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Did the wizards show the ability to affect demi-gods?

No.

Can you logically conclude that they can based on the films? No.

Can they vanish him? Undefined.

Can they change him into a thimble? Undefined.

Can they freeze him? Undefined. Then I guess it's circular, as Rob said.

Robtard
Then I guess it's circular, as Rob said.

Maybe it will change when the sequel comes out in 2012. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance in 3-****ing-D

Nephthys
Was this actually said on-screen?

Rogue Jedi
Maybe it will change when the sequel comes out in 2012. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance in 3-****ing-D Mhm, and he'll be shown to be vulnerable to magic.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Was this actually said on-screen?

Harry Potter is death spelled and his soul goes to the beyond.

That should be in Part 2 because there's a huge sequence where Harry is in the afterlife and he has to "choose" to go back.

BruceSkywalker
Harry Potter is death spelled and his soul goes to the beyond.

That should be in Part 2 because there's a huge sequence where Harry is in the afterlife and he has to "choose" to go back.

so who kills harry?

Rogue Jedi
so who kills harry?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_%28character%29

To defeat Harry, Voldemort steals the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's tomb. It is the most powerful wand ever created, and he twice casts the Killing Curse on Harry with it. The first attempt merely stuns Harry into a death-like state. In the chapter "King's Cross", Dumbledore's spirit tells Harry that when Voldemort failed to kill baby Harry and disembodied himself, Harry became an unintentional Horcrux; Harry could not kill Voldemort while the Dark Lord's soul shard was within Harry's body. Voldemort's soul shard within Harry was destroyed because Harry willingly faced death. Voldemort's Killing Curse fails because Voldemort used Harry's blood in his resurrection. The protection that his mother gave Harry with her sacrifice tethers Harry to life, as long as his blood and her sacrifice run in the veins of Voldemort.

In the book's climax, Voldemort's second Killing Curse hurled at Harry also fails and rebounds upon himself, finally killing him, because Harry, not Voldemort, had become the Elder Wand's true master. Harry has each of the Hallows at some point in the story but never unites them. However, J. K. Rowling said the difference between Harry and Voldemort is that Harry willingly accepts mortality, making him stronger than his nemesis. "The real master of Death accepts that he must die, and that there are much worse things in the world of the living". At the very end Harry decides to leave the Elder Wand in Dumbledore's tomb and the Resurrection Stone hidden in the forest but keeps the Invisibility Cloak because it belonged to his father.

Pwned
Hey, uh, RJ? You do know that
A: Death Eaters are evil and make Cage become GR
B: He cant change back AT ALL until he is out of their prescence, its part of his contract and what the Spirit does
C:Therefore Imperio to change him back wont work, and he cant Pennance Glare himself

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Pwned
Hey, uh, RJ? You do know that
A: Death Eaters are evil and make Cage become GR
B: He cant change back AT ALL until he is out of their prescence, its part of his contract and what the Spirit does
C:Therefore Imperio to change him back wont work, and he cant Pennance Glare himself If they were allowed to apparate out of the house, all they have to do is apparate behind him, grab his jacket, and apparate to the Mojave desert at noon.

But alas, the death eaters "cannot apparate out of the house." Lame. What is preventing them from apparating out of the house?

Pwned
The fact that they want to take out GR before he hunts them down and uses Penance Glare before they can kill to many innocents.
And GR needs no food, no water. The desert wont kill him unless he becomes human again, which Mephisto would probably prevent or something. It would take a while, certainly.

Nephthys
First of all, hasn't happened yet. Second of all, how does this prove that the death spell attacks the soul directly?

dadudemon
First of all, hasn't happened yet. Second of all, how does this prove that the death spell attacks the soul directly?

First of all, this thread will exist when the film comes out. Ignoring the events that will occur in the film is only something that you can do for a few more months (It comes out in July. You can read the synopsis for the movie, already.)

Second of all, where did I say it did that the death spell attacks the soul, directly?

Additionally, we know for a fact that it removes the soul: Harry's Parents and a few others' souls were stuck in Volde's wand when their wands' magic clashed.

BruceSkywalker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_%28character%29

To defeat Harry, Voldemort steals the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's tomb. It is the most powerful wand ever created, and he twice casts the Killing Curse on Harry with it. The first attempt merely stuns Harry into a death-like state. In the chapter "King's Cross", Dumbledore's spirit tells Harry that when Voldemort failed to kill baby Harry and disembodied himself, Harry became an unintentional Horcrux; Harry could not kill Voldemort while the Dark Lord's soul shard was within Harry's body. Voldemort's soul shard within Harry was destroyed because Harry willingly faced death. Voldemort's Killing Curse fails because Voldemort used Harry's blood in his resurrection. The protection that his mother gave Harry with her sacrifice tethers Harry to life, as long as his blood and her sacrifice run in the veins of Voldemort.

In the book's climax, Voldemort's second Killing Curse hurled at Harry also fails and rebounds upon himself, finally killing him, because Harry, not Voldemort, had become the Elder Wand's true master. Harry has each of the Hallows at some point in the story but never unites them. However, J. K. Rowling said the difference between Harry and Voldemort is that Harry willingly accepts mortality, making him stronger than his nemesis. "The real master of Death accepts that he must die, and that there are much worse things in the world of the living". At the very end Harry decides to leave the Elder Wand in Dumbledore's tomb and the Resurrection Stone hidden in the forest but keeps the Invisibility Cloak because it belonged to his father.

so this happens in Deathly Hallows, part 2???

dadudemon
so this happens in Deathly Hallows, part 2???

Yes sir. thumb up

Confusing as ****, isn't it? sad

That's because all of that shit happens over the course of many chapters so it gets confusing if you condense it all down to one paragraph, like that.

BruceSkywalker
Yes sir. thumb up

Confusing as ****, isn't it? sad

That's because all of that shit happens over the course of many chapters so it gets confusing if you condense it all down to one paragraph, like that.

it should come off well onscreen

Rogue Jedi
so this happens in Deathly Hallows, part 2??? Yeppers.

Nephthys
It isn't out yet, and until it is we can't be sure that scene'll actually take place. I mean, it wouldn't be the first film based on a novel that completely screwed with the ending.

You replyed to my question of whether it did by saying that Harry's soul was affected by Voldemorts attack. How is that not saying that?

Those were souls? I don't think so, they were merely representations of Volde's victims as per prioi incantatum, iirc.

dadudemon
It isn't out yet, and until it is we can't be sure that scene'll actually take place. I mean, it wouldn't be the first film based on a novel that completely screwed with the ending.

So they are going to remove the part where Harry is killed, goes to the spirit world, converses with various people, and figures out how to kill Voldemort?

It's possible, but extremely unlikely that they'd take out the turning point in the film.

You replyed to my question of whether it did by saying that Harry's soul was affected by Voldemorts attack. How is that not saying that?

Because I never said or implied that they attack the soul. They don't. That's exactly NOT what they do. They certainly keep the soul in tact and nothing adverse happens to the soul. However, we can't say the same of the body.

Those were souls? I don't think so, they were merely representations of Volde's victims as per prioi incantatum, iirc.

I thought they were souls because of the disembodied, ethereal, transparent, with reverse wispy voices.

Bodies were in one place, these forms which you say are not ghosts, are in another physical location. Those aren't souls, eh? So what could they possibly be?

It took a lot for me not to respond with something very smartassed. pained

Robtard
When Gary Oldmen gets hit, we see his essense(soul?) leave him, no? Soul sounds like the best explanation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the spell removes the soul from the living, yes?

The pro-argument for Ghost Rider is that he's outside the scope of what the spells work on.

BruceSkywalker
Yeppers.

is it all part of the climax towards the end?

Rogue Jedi
In the books it is.

Rogue Jedi
When Gary Oldmen gets hit, we see his essense(soul?) leave him, no? Soul sounds like the best explanation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the spell removes the soul from the living, yes?

The pro-argument for Ghost Rider is that he's outside the scope of what the spells work on.

In the books, yes, the death spell literally removes the soul from the body. In the movies, when Sirius is hit by one, he falls back through that archway that Harry and Luna were hearing voices from. Not sure exactly what happened there.

Dr Will Hatch

Or the Death Eaters all become frightened of Nicolas Cage's insanity and cower in a corner. This gives him time to become Ghost Rider. laughing out loud

the ninjak
Nicolas Cage from Leaving Las Vegas challenges them all to a drinking contest and pwns all of em.

Dr Will Hatch
Nicolas Cage from "Kick-Ass" just shoots them all.

Nicolas Cage from "Deadfall" and "Vampire's Kiss" makes them fall down into convulsive WTF laughter.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Nicolas Cage from "Kick-Ass" just shoots them all.
Nahhhh they have shields and stuff.

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Nicolas Cage from "Deadfall" and "Vampire's Kiss" makes them fall down into convulsive WTF laughter.

True dat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.