metron vs kang

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
they fight

Black bolt z
What combat feats does Metron have?

Uriel005
Metron is still a new god and even Darkseid has respect for him when they used to work together prior to the invasion of new genesis.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Uriel005
Metron is still a new god and even Darkseid has respect for him when they used to work together prior to the invasion of new genesis. While that is impressive its not a combat feat.

-K-M-
He doesn't have many battle feats as he is more of an observer, but definetly Metron wins. His tech is incredible, and has one-shotted Superman before.

His chair has even shown to drag Apokolips and a random planet across space.

Bentley
He one-shotted Supes?

Kang shots him in the face evil face

celeyhyga17
I'm going Metron here.

quanchi112
Kang wins.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by -K-M-
has one-shotted Superman before. Do you have a scan of this?

Desaad
Metron isn't a fighter, but he'll definitely just immobilize Kang pretty casually.

Bentley
Originally posted by Desaad
Metron isn't a fighter, but he'll definitely just immobilize Kang pretty casually.

Or maybe Kang will inmobilize Metron casually.

g_grin

Desaad
They just operate on completely different scales, I think, which JLA/Avengers nicely demonstrated but which is reasonably obvious from their history and appearances.

I mean, Kang has the Forever Crystal, but Metron BUILT the Worlogog.

Bentley
They just operate on completely different scales, I think, which JLA/Avengers nicely demonstrated but which is reasonably obvious from their history and appearances.

I mean, Kang has the Forever Crystal, but Metron BUILT the Worlogog.

Kang built the Forever Crystal...

Desaad
Originally posted by Bentley
Kang built the Forever Crystal...

By collapsing Chronopolis/the heart of forever, but that's a cosmological constant so far as I know.

And that was Immortus, not Kang.

Bentley
By collapsing Chronopolis/the heart of forever, but that's a cosmological constant so far as I know.

And that was Immortus, not Kang.

Ok, sorry, what I meant is that Kang built the Heart of Forever.

Desaad
Did he? Do you have a reference for that? I thought it was something he found/harnessed?

illadelph12
Let's see:

Tech Advantage: Metron
Personal Power: Metron
Intelligence: Metron
Experience: Metron
# of battle feats on panel: Kang

mmm

mhmm

mmm

mhmm

mmm

mhmm

mmm mhmm

I'm rollin with Metron. thumb up

Bentley
It's in one of Immortus's dialogues:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/Noimmortus.jpg

Maybe I should've stressed this in the respect thread.

Desaad
Yeah, but that's the crystal, no? Not the Heart of Forever.

I'm trying to say, like, Thanos created that synthetic soul gem, but did so by siphoning power from all the other soul gems into a receptacle he created.

What Metron did was just create 'a map of creation...in miniature', at least so far as we know, which is distinct. So far as I know -- and I could be wrong, I'm not nearly that versed in Kang/Immortus stuff -- but the Crystal was created from the Heart of Forever, which is like...like I soul gem, or the heart of the universe, or what have you...a cosmologically created repository of power, that Kang (or Immortus, or whatever) weaponized.

Does that make sense, the distinction I'm making?

Bentley
Yep, but Kang built the Heart of Forever since the Forever Crystal, as you said, was built by Immortus. Kang even went on explained that it worked thanks to the Time Construct he also built -Chronopolis-. It's a time engine originally built by Kang, that Immortus later stole but the HoF, as Immortus said was studies since Kang built it. It's supposed to be a machine made by Kang.

The Heart of Forever depends on the universe in which it's used, it's a machine, but the way for this machine to work was devised by Kang, following your example it would be as if Kang built the Soul Gem more than something channeling such power.

Prep-Man
Going with Metron.

Bentley
Originally posted by illadelph12
Let's see:

Tech Advantage: Metron
Personal Power: Metron
Intelligence: Metron
Experience: Metron
# of battle feats on panel: Kang

mmm

mhmm

mmm

mhmm

mmm

mhmm

mmm mhmm

I'm rollin with Metron. thumb up

People no longer appreciate the value of shooting people in the face!

illadelph12
Unless Kang has Radion bullets, that probably ain't gonna cut it.

King Castle
Unless Kang has Radion bullets, that probably ain't gonna cut it. never needed one in the past to take a new god down..

i guess it just makes it a permanent death.

Prep-Man
Actually, didn't they retcon Metron not being a New God?

King Castle
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Actually, didn't they retcon Metron not being a New God? maybe. other then Metron not considering himself a new god or apokolyptian but i always took it as not having allegiance to either.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Do you have a scan of this?

Originally posted by Galan007
Zap:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5202/metron1yw7.th.jpg \

Originally posted by Bentley
People no longer appreciate the value of shooting people in the face!

Not when the person has shields wink

illadelph12
When was this? Post FC?

*edit

This is in reference to Metron being stated to not being a New God, not the scan of him owning Supes.

Bentley
Kang has pierced through shields before uhuh

King Castle
When was this? Post FC?

*edit

This is in reference to Metron being stated to not being a New God, not the scan of him owning Supes. he just made a throw away comment as always.. ignore it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.