Thanos/Surfer vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
CIS is off for Surfer.
Thanos (no shields for thanos)

Vs

Superman
Wonder Woman (classic)
Martian Manhunter (no tp)
Kyle
Hal
Red Tornadoe
Captain Marvel
Orion (standard gear)
Aquaman

zopzop
Dude Thanos takes a deep breath, then unleashes hell against the JLA. Surfer cheers him on from the sidelines stepping in to stop anyone from attempting to flee the whoopass Thanos is putting on the team.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Dude Thanos takes a deep breath, then unleashes hell against the JLA. Surfer cheers him on from the sidelines stepping in to stop anyone from attempting to flee the whoopass Thanos is putting on the team.

Lol... damn.

SquallX
Originally posted by zopzop

No.

Omega Vision
JLA.

quanchi112
Thanos solos while Surfer orders them some hotdogs.

MrMind
Originally posted by Omega Vision
JLA.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos solos while Surfer orders them some hotdogs.

You do know that thanos does not have his shields for this fight right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
You do know that thanos does not have his shields for this fight right? He didn't have his shields throughout his battle with Odin and Tyrant or at all in thanos imperative. He kills them easily.

iceman24567
Jla

Black bolt z
JLA.

carver9
He didn't have his shields throughout his battle with Odin and Tyrant or at all in thanos imperative. He kills them easily.

Thanos would be taking punishment left and right from every angel. I can not picture him soloing.

quanchi112
Thanos would be taking punishment left and right from every angel. I can not picture him soloing. Did you mis thanos imperative ?

celeyhyga17
Thanos/Surfer combo is too much for team even withou shields.

team 1 for large majority

carver9
Did you mis thanos imperative ?

Kind of... what is it that you are using that makes you believe he could solo this team without his shields? Did I miss swomething?

celeyhyga17
even without TI no one on team 2 could make Odin break a sweat like Thanos did.

quanchi112
Kind of... what is it that you are using that makes you believe he could solo this team without his shields? Did I miss swomething? The way he easily mauled Mar-vell who was treating the Surfer and Nova like irritants while Thanos was depowered. These guys operate on another level.

Bouboumaster
Team 1. Surfer comes handy to take out weakers members, like ****ing Aquaman, while Thanos beat the shit out of everybody else.

JLA just don't have the firepower to bring Thanos down. On the other hand, they can maul Surfer.

Also, lol at Aquaman

Allankles
JLA in a breeze. It's spite.

Nihilist
Thanos/Surfer without much trouble.

-Pr-
smh @ thread. honestly carver, you're better than this.

psycho gundam
but he's repeatedly telling you he's not, might be time to believe him

biscuits

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
smh @ thread. honestly carver, you're better than this.

I don't get it... what's wrong with me thinking the jla would win? Without shields there are a couple of people on the jla that could give thanos fits and I could see surfer dropping as well.

I know some people would argue for both sides, that's why I made this thread.

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
but he's repeatedly telling you he's not, might be time to believe him

biscuits

Psycho, why do you follow me around and half if not 70% of the time, we always agree with the same things... the only time we have disagreements is when its involving "can't say" characters.

Do I ever bash you? Grant me the same thing and stop following my post with bait comments.

Nihilist
I don't get it... what's wrong with me thinking the jla would win? Without shields there are a couple of people on the jla that could give thanos fits and I could see surfer dropping as well.

I know some people would argue for both sides, that's why I made this thread. Who would give Thanos fits? and is Thanos allowed to create energy fields instead of shields?

carver9
Originally posted by Nihilist
Who would give Thanos fits? and is Thanos allowed to create energy fields instead of shields?

I put "no shields" because you all hide behind that in your debates.

A lot of people would give him fits like superman, orion, etc...

I could see orion and supes taking thanos without his shields if they were to tag team him and actually use their versatility.

When has thanos ever walked through two peeps similar to supes and orion, then let's not even include the line up that is following them.

the ninjak
Thanos and Surfer wins this.

-Pr-

I know some people would argue for both sides, that's why I made this thread.

because putting surfer beside thanos in the thread is like putting a ten year old beside batman in a fight against armed thugs. it's horribly imbalanced.

paisapower
either Lantern hand supes their ring and he solos

Nihilist
I put "no shields" because you all hide behind that in your debates.Who's "you all". So he isnt even allowed to make energy fields then, seems like you want to bait people.

So stacking fodder now means =having fits.

well, i dont , like i have said before the doppleganger who was equal or greater in power couldnt put Thanos down at all after a good 15 punches.

He doesnt have to have had, when he was equal to Thor physically who went through Surfer,Infinty Watch and Dr Strange.

TBH the "he hasnt beat a group like that before" is a retarded argument, when plenty of characters have nevr beaten groups yet still get the win on here.

carver9
Let me guess, you are going to bring up him getting his ass whipped by odin or him locking arms with tyrant... the same tyrant that gladiator took an eye blast from along with 4 to 5 punches before dropping. Wait, I can do better, you are going to bring up his fight against max... everybody and their grandmoma have feats like this.

Get your ass whipped isn't a feat.

Locking arms with someone isn't a feat either.

Who has thanos overcame that is similar to this team? What team has thanos taken on similar to a team of this fashion, a team that has wrecked people far more powerful than thanos?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
JLA in a breeze. It's spite. Based on ?

Nihilist
Let me guess, you are going to bring up him getting his ass whipped by odin or him locking arms with tyrant... the same tyrant that gladiator took an eye blast from along with 4 to 5 punches before dropping. Wait, I can do better, you are going to bring up his fight against max... everybody and their grandmoma have feats like this.

Get your ass whipped isn't a feat.

Locking arms with someone isn't a feat either.

Who has thanos overcame that is similar to this team? What team has thanos taken on similar to a team of this fashion, a team that has wrecked people far more powerful than thanos? Whoah calm down school girl. And you didnt answer any of me posts.

First of Gladiator never took 4-5 punches he got one shotted, dont lie.

Again he doesnt have have such team feats to make this a debate, because the way you are putting if he doesnt have such feats its a stomp spite thread in thier favour which you created.

Fact on average Thanos energy output and durability are above what the team can take or dish out, add to that Surfres vesratility.

carver9
Who's "you all". So he isnt even allowed to make energy fields then, seems like you want to bait people.

So stacking fodder now means =having fits.

well, i dont , like i have said before the doppleganger who was equal or greater in power couldnt put Thanos down at all after a good 15 punches.

He doesnt have to have had, when he was equal to Thor physically who went through Surfer,Infinty Watch and Dr Strange.

TBH the "he hasnt beat a group like that before" is a retarded argument, when plenty of characters have nevr beaten groups yet still get the win on here.

He can make energy fields but he can't make shields.

These peeps are more than fodders when we have feats proving this. Again, this team has taken on and defeated beings more powerful than thanos.

Supes has fought and stood up to amazo and took a beating from him before deciding to drop... I guess that means that supes is greater than thanos since he withstood a beating from a skyfather level character before dropping.

Thor did defeat the infinity watch and the small showing that thanos had against thor was "alright". Like I said before, tyrant took on surfer, bill, etc and dropped them immediately but he had to 5 shot gladiator so I guess that means that glads is above high herald.

This group could drop thanos and I see no reason why you are declining this.

carver9
Whoah calm down school girl. And you didnt answer any of me posts.

First of Gladiator never took 4-5 punches he got one shotted, dont lie.

Again he doesnt have have such team feats to make this a debate, because the way you are putting if he doesnt have such feats its a stomp spite thread in thier favour which you created.

Fact on average Thanos energy output and durability are above what the team can take or dish out, add to that Surfres vesratility.

I agree with durability but what's thanos best output of energy?

Nihilist
He can make energy fields but he can't make shields.His energy fields were strong enough to stop Fallen rudhing at FTL speeds.

And we have feats showings Thanos defeating high heralds with ease.

Thanos took a beating from Walker the death god who was around high Skyfather low elder god lvl, Death had to flee from him.

Thor beat Dr Strange,Surfer and the IF together. Gladiator went down with ease after 1 eye blast and we know Surfer, Bill are above Glads anyway.
Thanos and Surfer could drop this group and i see no reason why you are declining this, unless you made a biat/spit thread.

twizzlers713
i like how you left wally out =/

Nihilist
I agree with durability but what's thanos best output of energy? His shot against Galactus,(did no damage to Galactus, but would f*ck up herald lvlrs)Killing Phyla and Drax in 1 shot(whilst weak, Putting Thor down in 2 shots(which was the weakest version of Thanos). just a few to start off with.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by twizzlers713
i like how you left wally out =/

Yeah wuts up with that Carver??
Plus you put Aquaman?? Wally would be 10x more effective here than Art...

zopzop
I agree with durability but what's thanos best output of energy?

He CASUALLY killed a high herald being with 7 punches. His energy output is fine.

the ninjak
His energy output was enough to obliterate a main capital planets population in a surprisingly small amount of time.

A prestine high tech planet of billions with faith warriors turned to rubble.

Nihilist
I also forgot he killed Adam Warlock in one shot aswell

Allankles
Based on ?

Based on the fact that they're equipped to take on foes quite above Thanos. These guys have come through several universal crisis, faced down foes 10 times more overwhelming and frightening both as a group and as individuals. Individually some of them have more than enough juice to level a planet. Thanos isn't bringing anything that they can't counter as a group.

MrMind
two lanterns handle surfer while the rest handle thanos, yeah JLA easily.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yeah wuts up with that Carver??
Plus you put Aquaman?? Wally would be 10x more effective here than Art...

I never use the flashes... they are cheat characters imo.

carver9
Originally posted by the ninjak
His energy output was enough to obliterate a main capital planets population in a surprisingly small amount of time.

A prestine high tech planet of billions with faith warriors turned to rubble.

Can thanos destroy a planet with his output of energy?

the ninjak
Can thanos destroy a planet with his output of energy?

Doubt it. Not without tools he could no doubt obtain with ease.
But in respects to this battle he won't have em of course.
Though Thanos has survived destroyed planets without a scratch.

carver9
Originally posted by the ninjak
Doubt it. Not without tools he could no doubt obtain with ease.
But in respects to this battle he won't have em of course.
Though Thanos has survived destroyed planets without a scratch.

I don't consider that him surviving a planetary explosion. Half of the planet was still intact and the planet wasn't that big imo.

Nihilist
I don't see why Thanos couldn't destroy a planet through energy alone, him and Drax locking up destroyed a planet, and Drax alone has destroyed a planet.

Carver Thanos took the planetry explosion which is regardless of how you want to lowball it, Thanos also survived a plane expolding in Infinty War and was fine

quanchi112
Based on the fact that they're equipped to take on foes quite above Thanos. These guys have come through several universal crisis, faced down foes 10 times more overwhelming and frightening both as a group and as individuals. Individually some of them have more than enough juice to level a planet. Thanos isn't bringing anything that they can't counter as a group. That's like any group of heroes avengers included. I mean look at the gotg they safeguard the universe and will always pull through but on the forum they don't have to. Thanos would wreck them pretty easily on the forum.

Rage.Of.Olympus
JLA.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
JLA. How ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
By winning.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
By winning. How do they win ?

MONSTAR
How do they win ? They dont.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by MONSTAR
They dont.

Wut he siad..

Spire
JLA.

Black bolt z
I don't see why Thanos couldn't destroy a planet through energy alone, him and Drax locking up destroyed a planet, and Drax alone has destroyed a planet.

Carver Thanos took the planetry explosion which is regardless of how you want to lowball it, Thanos also survived a plane expolding in Infinty War and was fine When did he take it in infinity war?

i know he has but i'm drawing a blank.

-Pr-
CIS is off for Surfer.
Thanos (no shields for thanos)

Vs

Superman
Wonder Woman (classic)
Kyle
Hal
Red Tornadoe
Captain Marvel
Orion (standard gear)
Aquaman

either gl could at least hold surfer off while the rest dog-piled thanos. i really don't see how the numbers would fail considering this is a top line-up.

also, why is J'onn not allowed TP but Arthur is?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
When did he take it in infinity war?

i know he has but i'm drawing a blank. When Adam and the Magus are struggling for the gauntlet, the energy destroys the planet, Thanos takes it point blank(as does everyone else there, but they are all incased in a energy field created by the Magus as he had them all as trophys)

Nihilist
either gl could at least hold surfer off while the rest dog-piled thanos. i really don't see how the numbers would fail considering this is a top line-up.

also, why is J'onn not allowed TP but Arthur is? You dont think Thanos has the means to deal with a simple dogpile.

Black bolt z
When Adam and the Magus are struggling for the gauntlet, the energy destroys the planet, Thanos takes it point blank(as does everyone else there, but they are all incased in a energy field created by the Magus as he had them all as trophys) Thanos was in his ship was he not? He didn't take it point blank.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos was in his ship was he not? He didn't take it point blank. He was stood next to Adam and Magus, you may be thinking of later when a further struggle destroyed Galactus ship with everyone on it.

-Pr-
You dont think Thanos has the means to deal with a simple dogpile.

i didn't mean a literal dogpile.

King Castle
i'm gonna say thanos and SS ftw.

i just seem them not playing around due to the number of opponents and will unleash wide area attacks and not hold back especially if one of them takes a hit.

Allankles
That's like any group of heroes avengers included. I mean look at the gotg they safeguard the universe and will always pull through but on the forum they don't have to. Thanos would wreck them pretty easily on the forum.

JLA>>>>>>GotG. Avengers>>>>GotG. And the the GoTG don't safeguard the universe, not literally (they do their bit, but they're no GL corps).

More importantly this team has individuals that have taken on characters on Thanos level and beyond and prevailed. The fact that they're a team just stacks the deck.

because putting surfer beside thanos in the thread is like putting a ten year old beside batman in a fight against armed thugs. it's horribly imbalanced. so what? robin worked fine for batman

quanchi112
JLA>>>>>>GotG. Avengers>>>>GotG. And the the GoTG don't safeguard the universe, not literally (they do their bit, but they're no GL corps).

More importantly this team has individuals that have taken on characters on Thanos level and beyond and prevailed. The fact that they're a team just stacks the deck. Your reasoning was the same as all of these teams deal with greater threats but seem to pull through. I also think the avengers are greater than the jla but that's besides the point in a forum they don't pull through due to being the heroes which was your reasoning in a nutshell. It was laughable.

Thanos has also taken on characters far beyond this team who'd oneshot thi steam and went rounds without being defeated. Thanos wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
so what? robin worked fine for batman

at least robin is useful.

Black bolt z
He was stood next to Adam and Magus, you may be thinking of later when a further struggle destroyed Galactus ship with everyone on it. Yep thats probably what I was thinking of. Jogged my memory.

at least robin is useful. SS isn't? he could take out anyone of them and with cis off and weakness exploitation/bfr on, he can take more of them out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think this will be an easy fight but Thanos and Sufer fighting effectively and his their powerset to its fullest would do very well. People just need to remember that Thanos would likely one shot 3 members of this team right of the bat.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 753
SS isn't? he could take out anyone of them and with cis off and weakness exploitation/bfr on, he can take more of them out.

i was kidding.

could? yes, sure. would? not so much imo.

Sr J-Bieb
i didn't mean a literal dogpile. Ya, you meant a human dogpile.

-Pr-
ha.

keiththegreat
Superman and kyle take out SS

Then we have all these guys against Thanos:

Wonder Woman (classic)
Hal
Red Tornadoe
Captain Marvel
Orion (standard gear)
Aquaman

I don't see how Thanos/SS even have a chance here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummmm by Thanos one shotting Aquaman, MM and WW initially?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummmm by Thanos one shotting Aquaman, MM and WW initially? Thanos is not one shotting Diana.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How many exactly would it take then? Two?

-Pr-
J'onn isn't his usual worf effect self in the forums. he's not being one shotted.

I honestly don't see him one-shotting diana either.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How many exactly would it take then? Two? If she is not using the braclets? Probably 3-4.

Allankles
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Superman and kyle take out SS

Then we have all these guys against Thanos:

Wonder Woman (classic)
Hal
Red Tornadoe
Captain Marvel
Orion (standard gear)
Aquaman

I don't see how Thanos/SS even have a chance here.

They dont. JLA would have to be fighting stupid for the duo to even have half a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.