Wizard, Death Eater, Jedi or Sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
If you had the chance to be a Wizard (Harry Potter wizard), Death Eater, Jedi or a Sith, which would you choose? Whichever one you choose, you must adhere to any and all rules that apply to each. No exceptions.

That ACDC Chick
Wizard
plain and simple

Rogue Jedi
Same. More power, more freedom.

dadudemon
Definitely a wizard.

I'd be a better wizard than Dumbledore, Voldemort, all of the Order of the Phoenix, and all of the Death Eaters, combined. I'd be as good as the Sorcerer Supreme.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If you had the chance to be a Wizard (Harry Potter wizard), Death Eater, Jedi or a Sith, which would you choose? Whichever one you choose, you must adhere to any and all rules that apply to each. No exceptions.

Didn't you make this thread, or one extremely similar already?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Definitely a wizard.

I'd be a better wizard than Dumbledore, Voldemort, all of the Order of the Phoenix, and all of the Death Eaters, combined. I'd be as good as the Sorcerer Supreme. You'd still have to go by their rules.

Lord Shadow Z
Jedi for me, although it would have to be the OT mentality to the Jedi, with a green Lightsaber.

RE: Blaxican
A wizard.

Jedi are targets, so are Sith, and Death Eaters.

Wizards can live relatively "normal" lives, with normal rules, and can still enjoy their powers.

Dave_97
"If I had a lightsaber i could voom voom, snick, snick snick, whaaa jedi, slice up tubby here and we could crawl inside him and stay warm for the night."
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/gse313/Jay_and_Silent_Bob.jpg

Jedi, motherf*cker.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dave_97
"If I had a lightsaber i could voom voom, snick, snick snick, whaaa jedi, slice up tubby here and we could crawl inside him and stay warm for the night."
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/gse313/Jay_and_Silent_Bob.jpg

You do know the rules you'd have to live by, yes?

Jedi, motherf*cker.

Dave_97
Obi wan didn't follow the rules, he would train the boy without the permission of the jedi council.

the rules are there for a reason.
im fairly sure i could abide by the rules of the jedi.
because at the end of the day, F*ck the sith, pussy ass bitches

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dave_97
Obi wan didn't follow the rules, he would train the boy without the permission of the jedi council.

the rules are there for a reason.
im fairly sure i could abide by the rules of the jedi.
because at the end of the day, F*ck the sith, pussy ass bitches You'd pretty much be a Monk.

Wizard lifestyle is much easier, much more freedom. Plus you can teleport.

Ax3l
Oh man, that was a great show.

Quoted the wrong one, but oh well.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ax3l
Oh man, that was a great show. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Dave_97
You'd pretty much be a Monk.

Wizard lifestyle is much easier, much more freedom. Plus you can teleport. correction.
i'd be pretty much a Badass Monk.
those robes were superfly.

dadudemon
You'd still have to go by their rules.

No I wouldn't: there's a laundry list of things I could do that made it to where I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I wouldn't kill or use crucio, but I might do imperio.

Rogue Jedi
No I wouldn't: there's a laundry list of things I could do that made it to where I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I wouldn't kill or use crucio, but I might do imperio.

Whichever one you choose, you must adhere to any and all rules that apply to each. No exceptions.

Deal with it. If not, your posts matter not here.

Rogue Jedi
PFN_xuwiDW0&feature=related

dadudemon
Whichever one you choose, you must adhere to any and all rules that apply to each. No exceptions.

Deal with it. If not, your posts matter not here.

Thankfully, your rules for the thread apply perfectly in how I used them.

The rules of the wizarding community apply, but I can certainly break them, just the same as anyone else in the wizarding community. There could be repercussions for breaking those rules, just like there would be for anyone else, especially if I get caught doing the unforgivables.

In other words, you need to deal with you failing to construct an OP that has asinine requirements. Also, this is the OTF: even if I did go against the OP, you'd have to "deal with it." smile

PFN_xuwiDW0&feature=related

Reported.

Rogue Jedi
Thankfully, your rules for the thread apply perfectly in how I used them.

The rules of the wizarding community apply, but I can certainly break them, just the same as anyone else in the wizarding community. There could be repercussions for breaking those rules, just like there would be for anyone else, especially if I get caught doing the unforgivables.

In other words, you need to deal with you failing to construct an OP that has asinine requirements. Also, this is the OTF: even if I did go against the OP, you'd have to "deal with it." smile

Reported. haermm Whoa, dude, you got a serious God complex haermm

dadudemon
haermm Whoa, dude, you got a serious God complex haermm

Because you do not like that someone contradicted you, that person automatically has a God Complex? Interesting.

It starts with an "H" and ends with a ypocrisy...and a "suck it."

Edit - For those of you who don't know John and I very well: we say "reported" all the time to each other. I DID NOT REPORT HIS ASS! laughing

Rogue Jedi
Because you do not like that someone contradicted you, that person automatically has a God Complex? Interesting.

It starts with an "H" and ends with a ypocrisy...and a "suck it."

Edit - For those of you who don't know John and I very well: we say "reported" all the time to each other. I DID NOT REPORT HIS ASS! laughing Mhm. You'd step in the wizarding and be more powerful than Dumbledore.

Fail. You'd end up in Azkaban, that is fact.

This thread is simple, which world you would enter. Not how you would enter, change, and take over said world. Remember the "Choose your bending clan" thread? Same shit. Avatar my ass.

dadudemon
Mhm. You'd step in the wizarding and be more powerful than Dumbledore.

I guess your memory fails you about all those times, on KMC and off KMC, that I've told you that there's so much PIS in HP that it would be easy to be uber powerful. There's no such thing as being born with more "magical power" than another. Acquiring magical ability is directly acquiring magical knowledge. Intelligent application of that knowledge would be prowess. Since we are rational thinkers outside of a children's book, we can easily think of ways to be superior to all others in the books.

Fail. You'd end up in Azkaban, that is fact.

Just like Voldemort did, right?

Oh, right, he didn't.

FAIL! You don't know jack shit about HP, Star Wars, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and jive ass monkeys.

This thread is simple, which world you would enter. Not how you would enter, change, and take over said world. Remember the "Choose your bending clan" thread? Same shit. Avatar my ass.

Fail.

I already chose which type of character I would be.

Then I told you why I chose that type of character.

Your inability to have "make-believe" is not my fault. I make believed that I wouldn't fall victim to the PIS filled world of HP and, thereby, I would rule that realm with ease....or rather, weeeeeeeeees!

Rogue Jedi
Check it:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t540293.html

Simple poll, four choices. Your response?

All four, bitches. I'd be an avatar and have fun mastering all of the elements.

Not one of the four choices. Remember in "Zombieland" when Columbus said to Tallahasee "You're one of those guys who has to one up other people all the time, aren't you?" Tallahassee replies with "No, I knew a guy once who was way worse at that than me."

Pretty sure he meant you.

dadudemon
Check it:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t540293.html

Simple poll, four choices. Your response?

Not one of the four choices. Remember in "Zombieland" when Columbus said to Tallahasee "You're one of those guys who has to one up other people all the time, aren't you?" Tallahassee replies with "No, I knew a guy once who was way worse at that than me."

Pretty sure he meant you.

You are still butthurt about that obvious joke post, huh?

Awwwwww. Poor RJ. sad

While you cry your butthurt tears into your pillow because someone beat you in a make believe discussion about make-believe powers, I'll be playing Tekken Tag and beating 98 characters before dying in survival mode.

Rogue Jedi
You are still butthurt about that obvious joke post, huh?

Awwwwww. Poor RJ. sad

While you cry your butthurt tears into your pillow because someone beat you in a make believe discussion about make-believe powers, I'll be playing Tekken Tag and beating 98 characters before dying in survival mode.

Butthurt? No, I just find it amusing that in a room full of level 7 and 8's, you must prove to all that you're a level 10.

It's like "Hey, our penises are all 7 and 8 inches", then you step in and say "Mine's 12, Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!! The waters deeper than it is cold!!!!!"

Plus one.

dadudemon
Butthurt? No, I just find it amusing that in a room full of level 7 and 8's, you must prove to all that you're a level 10.

Incorrect.

In a room full of 7s and 8s, I am proving that I'm purple.

That's not supposed to make sense.

It's like "Hey, our penises are all 7 and 8 inches", then you step in and say "Mine's 12, Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!! The waters deeper than it is cold!!!!!"

Plus one.

No, it's like everyone saying their penises are 7 and 8 inches and then I step in and say I like turtles.

But really, this is all about you, not me.

This is like you tacking up rules in the middle of a busy street, that tells people how to walk by. When they walk differently because your rules had holes in them, you start having a toddler tantrum because you want a specific kind of cereal and mom didn't get it for you.

I just picked my nose so hard that it bled a little bit in the left nostril.

Rogue Jedi
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/ktan118l22.jpg

And on a side note:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/jennifer-aniston-perfume.jpg

droolio

dadudemon
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/ktan118l22.jpg

And on a side note:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/jennifer-aniston-perfume.jpg

droolio

You need to replace the "DDM" with "RJ" because I'm not the one that keeps bringing up butthurt from threads past.

And, yes please.

Rogue Jedi
You need to replace the "DDM" with "RJ" because I'm not the one that keeps bringing up butthurt from threads past.

And, yes please.

Bringing up the past to prove a point about the present, babe yes It shows a pattern of behavior that rolled over into this thread.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/vader-voldemort-chart-555-1-1.jpg

So yeah, you'd end up in Azkaban. You really think you'd be able to enter HPverse and rock the boat like that with no repercussions? Think again. The Dementors would make you suck their souls out of their buttholes.

Rogue Jedi
8F_G2zp-opg

dadudemon
Bringing up the past to prove a point about the present, babe yes It shows a pattern of behavior that rolled over into this thread.

Incorrect: I stayed within the rules of the thread.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/vader-voldemort-chart-555-1-1.jpg

Yes, yes you are mad, RJ.

So yeah, you'd end up in Azkaban. You really think you'd be able to enter HPverse and rock the boat like that with no repercussions? Think again. The Dementors would make you suck their souls out of their buttholes.

I would not because the only curse that I would use, if I wanted to, would be imperio and no wizarding army would be powerful enough to take me down because I don't fall subject to the PIS that the characters, in universe, do.

Bardock42
So dadudemon chooses wizard. Of course everything else he said is pretty pointless, as no one ever said one could choose how powerful one is as wizard, but it's good to know.

I also agree with Wizard actually, the rules of the Wizard world, in its good days, don't seem too hard to follow, and Wizards seem to be able to live very long.

Rogue Jedi
Incorrect: I stayed within the rules of the thread.

Yes, yes you are mad, RJ.

I would not because the only curse that I would use, if I wanted to, would be imperio and no wizarding army would be powerful enough to take me down because I don't fall subject to the PIS that the characters, in universe, do.

Think about what you're saying.....

You claim you'll be more powerful than Dumbledore, Voldemort, the Death Eaters and the OOTP combined. Dumbledore is the most powerful in HPverse, Voldemort a close second. That's double Dumbledore's powers. Ass on 15-20 Death Eaters, then another 15-20 OOTP members.

You claim you would be more powerful than all of them combined. That kind of power does not exist in HPverse. So right there, your argument falls flat on it's face.

You call it PIS, I call it going by their rules. You must go by their rules. No exceptions.

ADarksideJedi
I can't decided on Deatheater or Sith I love them both!

Rogue Jedi
You yell a lot!

Robtard

The Kwisatz Haderach, that.

Rogue Jedi

Grate the Vraya
Can a lightsaber deflect avadakedavera?

Lord Shadow Z
You'd pretty much be a Monk.

Wizard lifestyle is much easier, much more freedom. Plus you can teleport.

Jedi's are not strict monks, that is only the PT stereotype. That structure dissolved with the OT movies and in them Luke is liberated from that 'old order'.

Even then I could go by the Star Wars EU where Luke is free to have a relationship with Mara Jade easily enough.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Jedi's are not strict monks, that is only the PT stereotype. That structure dissolved with the OT movies and in them Luke is liberated from that 'old order'.

Even then I could go by the Star Wars EU where Luke is free to have a relationship with Mara Jade easily enough. Well, truth be told, I had the PT Jedi in mind when I made this thread.

Lord Shadow Z
Well, truth be told, I had the PT Jedi in mind when I made this thread.

Ah.

dadudemon
Think about what you're saying.....

You claim you'll be more powerful than Dumbledore, Voldemort, the Death Eaters and the OOTP combined. Dumbledore is the most powerful in HPverse, Voldemort a close second. That's double Dumbledore's powers. Ass on 15-20 Death Eaters, then another 15-20 OOTP members.

You claim you would be more powerful than all of them combined. That kind of power does not exist in HPverse. So right there, your argument falls flat on it's face.

You call it PIS, I call it going by their rules. You must go by their rules. No exceptions.

Rogue Jedi
haermm MAN......You do know what "no exceptions" means, right?

AbnormalButSane
Death Eater

Rogue Jedi
You're hot.

RE: Blaxican
Man, the RJxDDM relationship gays up another thread.

I hate you guys.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Grate the Vraya
Can a lightsaber deflect avadakedavera? It's a srs question...

Robtard
It's a srs question...

It can be blocked/stopped by doors, tombstones and such, iirc. So lightsabre blocking is arguable.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Robtard
It can be blocked/stopped by doors, tombstones and such, iirc. So lightsabre blocking is arguable. K...hmmm I think I would be a sith then. Are there really any rules/restrictions for them?

Robtard
K...hmmm I think I would be a sith then. Are there really any rules/restrictions for them?

They strive for power; have little or no qualms who they step-on, use or crush along the way.

The closest thing that comes to mind would be modern religious Republicans.

Grate the Vraya
So, they can't not strive for power and they can't have qualms? It's better than suckin moldy voldy's dick all day long so yeah...i'm thinkin sith.

Robtard
It's better than suckin moldy voldy's dick all day long so yeah...

RJ disagrees, he's loves that cock. It's well documented.

Grate the Vraya
The cock or Rj's love of it?

steverules_2
lulface

Bardock42
It's a srs question...

And the serious answer is "no one knows".

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
And the serious answer is "no one knows".

Na, it's simple logic:

lightsabre > door

door > death spell.

ergo we can safely conclude that lightsabre > death spell

Bardock42
Na, it's simple logic:

lightsabre > door

door > death spell.

ergo we can safely conclude that lightsabre > death spell

That's sadly not a thorough logical derivation.

Robtard
That's sadly not a thorough logical derivation.

Prove it isn't!

Grate the Vraya
That's sadly not a thorough logical derivation. Sure it is, it's the transitive property of...better than...or something.

Bardock42
Prove it isn't!

Well, it's quite obvious, you have not proven that what makes lightsabers be able to cut through doors and what stops avadakedavras from going through doors are the same properties.

For a convoluted example, imagine a world in which ghosts can't go through salt (for example supernatural), yet they are able to go through doors, using a similar logic to yours that would mean that salt can go through doors, however that is not the case.

Or take a real life example, very similar, fire (a blow torch for example) can burn through steel doors, bullets are stopped by steal doors, yet a bunsen burner can not stop a bullet.

In the second case it is the time of exposure you would not have taken into equation (you could claim that lightsabers are instantaneous, but you'd have to prove that), in the first it is specific supernatural properties (though similar examples could exist in the real world) which operate differently (to disprove that you'd have to show that spells operate like other types of matter (which you can't) or you'd have to show that lightsabers can destroy magical or ethereal things (which you can't either).

Was that thorough enough?

Grate the Vraya
How about Lightsabers can cut through doors, death spells can not, therefore lightsabers are better at cutting through doors than death spells?

Bardock42
How about Lightsabers can cut through doors, death spells can not, therefore lightsabers are better at cutting through doors than death spells?

That's logical....yet useless

Grate the Vraya
Nah, all I want to do is cut through doors all day long. No eating; no sleeping; just cutting through doors. So I would prefer to be a sith.

Robtard
Well, it's quite obvious, you have not proven that what makes lightsabers be able to cut through doors and what stops avadakedavras from going through doors are the same properties.

For a convoluted example, imagine a world in which ghosts can't go through salt (for example supernatural), yet they are able to go through doors, using a similar logic to yours that would mean that salt can go through doors, however that is not the case.

Or take a real life example, very similar, fire (a blow torch for example) can burn through steel doors, bullets are stopped by steal doors, yet a bunsen burner can not stop a bullet.

In the second case it is the time of exposure you would not have taken into equation (you could claim that lightsabers are instantaneous, but you'd have to prove that), in the first it is specific supernatural properties (though similar examples could exist in the real world) which operate differently (to disprove that you'd have to show that spells operate like other types of matter (which you can't) or you'd have to show that lightsabers can destroy magical or ethereal things (which you can't either).

Was that thorough enough?

You do realize that wasn't necessary, right?

Bardock42
Nah, all I want to do is cut through doors all day long. No eating; no sleeping; just cutting through doors. So I would prefer to be a sith.

Why not a Jedi then?

Sith generally have horrible short lives, and even if they don't, they tend to not enjoy it. It seems badass from the outside, but being it? Nah.

Bardock42
You do realize that wasn't necessary, right?

Had time. Enjoyed it.

Robtard
Why not a Jedi then?

Sith generally have horrible short lives, and even if they don't, they tend to not enjoy it. It seems badass from the outside, but being it? Nah.

Like Mods/Goth/Emo?

Grate the Vraya
Why not a Jedi then?

Sith generally have horrible short lives, and even if they don't, they tend to not enjoy it. It seems badass from the outside, but being it? Nah. Why would I want a long life if I am just cutting through doors? That would be terribly boring.

Bardock42
Like Mods/Goth/Emo?

Except for the badass part, yes.

Grate the Vraya
Bardock, are you one of those door-to-door jedi converters or something?

Bardock42
Bardock, are you one of those door-to-door jedi converters or something?

Well, I'm campaigning for wizards usually, but I'm moonlighting today.

~Bun Bun~
Wizard all the way! love

Rogue Jedi
K...hmmm I think I would be a sith then. Are there really any rules/restrictions for them? Become a quadruple amputee, get burned nearly alive, whine alot.

Grate the Vraya
Become a quadruple amputee, get burned nearly alive, whine alot. Ohhh that was just one sith, there are lots of other, less whiny ones.

Lord Shadow Z
K...hmmm I think I would be a sith then. Are there really any rules/restrictions for them?

Not exactly rules or restrictions but certainly a negative point is they tend to betray each other a lot, which usually leads to amputations and decapitations.

Grate the Vraya
Yeah but it's always the master who is betrayed by his apprentice, so I could just remain an apprentice until I've lived to a ripe old age, enjoying my life of raping, pillaging, and cutting through doors, before finally becoming the master in the end.

Bardock42
Yeah but it's always the master who is betrayed by his apprentice, so I could just remain an apprentice until I've lived to a ripe old age, enjoying my life of raping, pillaging, and cutting through doors, before finally becoming the master in the end.

What movies have you been watching? Sidious goes through apprentices faster than other people through underwear.

Grate the Vraya
What movies have you been watching? Sidious goes through apprentices faster than other people through underwear. I don't really think he set up maul did he? I'll admit that he definitely betrayed dooku. I was thinking of the EU.

omgchos
What movies have you been watching? Sidious goes through apprentices faster than other people through underwear.
Sidious wasnt even called sidious until George lucas killed the star wars story. He used to be just "The Emperor".

Bardock42
Originally posted by omgchos
Sidious wasnt even called sidious until George lucas killed the star wars story. He used to be just "The Emperor".

Yes, go on...

Bardock42
I don't really think he set up maul did he? I'll admit that he definitely betrayed dooku. I was thinking of the EU. I don't think he cared really, and apprentices tend to have to do the shit jobs that get you killed. Being a Sith apprentice is a thankless and dangerous thing to be.

Grate the Vraya
Then...maybe I'll just have to kick ass?

omgchos
Yes, go on...

Secondly there didnt used to be "sith". It used to be that alot of people could use the force. Just that some poeple chose the dark side and some chose the light side. That didnt automatically give you the designation of darth. That was just a pseudonym that Anakin adopted when he betrayed his fellow jedi. Now all the sudden u get a red light saber and a pointless nickname when you go to the dark side. And apperently lightning is evil so thats a sith power too. Its like a damn video game all the sudden. And another how is "force choke" a sith power..... isnt telekinesis just one of the perks of having the force. You can choke someone if you have telekinesis.

Lord Shadow Z
I don't really think he set up maul did he? I'll admit that he definitely betrayed dooku. I was thinking of the EU.

But EU or not you'd have to be the apprentice to some Sith Lord and you'd think they would - while seeing you as promising - discard you if you became a threat or use you as a pawn to recruit or take out someone else.

Bardock42
Then...maybe I'll just have to kick ass?

Yeah, but that's the dadudemon blah blah. If you are the mary-sue best, it doesn't matter, either of the 4 is chillaxed then.

Grate the Vraya
But EU or not you'd have to be the apprentice to some Sith Lord and you'd think they would - while seeing you as promising - discard you if you became a threat or use you as a pawn to recruit or take out someone else. Well, by discard, do you mean kill? Because if not, then that just means I'm free to do whatevs I please. Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, but that's the dadudemon blah blah. If you are the mary-sue best, it doesn't matter, either of the 4 is chillaxed then. Sure, it's just life's hard mode compared to the other three.

Bardock42
Secondly there didnt used to be "sith". It used to be that alot of people could use the force. Just that some poeple chose the dark side and some chose the light side. That didnt automatically give you the designation of darth. That was just a pseudonym that Anakin adopted when he betrayed his fellow jedi. Now all the sudden u get a red light saber and a pointless nickname when you go to the dark side. And apperently lightning is evil so thats a sith power too. Its like a damn video game all the sudden. And another how is "force choke" a sith power..... isnt telekinesis just one of the perks of having the force. You can choke someone if you have telekinesis.

I think you are getting a couple of things mixed up.

omgchos
I think you are getting a couple of things mixed up.
Na i just love to tell people why the prequels and the EU all kind of killed the magic of star wars.

Bardock42
Na i just love to tell people why the prequels and the EU all kind of killed the magic of star wars.

B-but a lot of the things you said aren't in the movies, and rather supposition or pre-prequel EU.

Lord Shadow Z
Well, by discard, do you mean kill? Because if not, then that just means I'm free to do whatevs I please.

Well if the Sith Lord is smart yes, he would kill you, best make sure you find a dumb, but powerful one.

Then cut his head off.

omgchos
B-but a lot of the things you said aren't in the movies, and rather supposition or pre-prequel EU.

I did say EU. And what is supposition exactly? Not the meaning of the word. But what part of my argument.

Rogue Jedi
Pretty sure people are choosing their personal fave, not thinking of the lifestyle they would have to take on.

Lord Shadow Z

I wouldn't agree with the EU killing Star Wars, I've enjoyed a lot of the stories after the OT and they explain a future after the OT very well.

The X-Wing Squadron, New Jedi Order and many other isolated story arcs have kept Star Wars alive when it would have faded away.

Bardock42
A lot of people being able to use the force,
Some people choosing to be dark and others light.
Darth just being a pseudonym Anakin adopted
Lighting having been intended as just a general force power.

omgchos
I wouldn't agree with the EU killing Star Wars, I've enjoyed a lot of the stories after the OT and they explain a future after the OT very well.

The X-Wing Squadron, New Jedi Order and many other isolated story arcs have kept Star Wars alive when it would have faded away.
Star wars wouldnt have faded away any more that Indiana jones and and the like. The originals will always be there in the annals of film history. Most people don't even know or care about all the EU books, graphic novels, etc. Ill admit some of the sequel stories are pretty good, but as a whole it just seems like someone sits there and writes a bunch of BS stories about every puppet and cgi creature Lucas ever stuck into the movies. And the fact that between the second and third prequel a bunch of books came out telling you the story up to that point was lazy and insulting. He released the revenge of the sith w/o any of us knowing who the **** grievous was or any of the events of the clone wars. Its that kind of thing that ruined the magic.

omgchos
A lot of people being able to use the force,
Some people choosing to be dark and others light.
Darth just being a pseudonym Anakin adopted
Lighting having been intended as just a general force power.
Ill address these one at a time.

A) Its not like in the 1000 generations that people have been using the force (maybe longer) that it was only jedi and sith who could do it. Obi Wan basically told is it binds the galaxy together.... so its not just for them.

B)I'm pretty sure that to utilize the force you have to be sentient in some way and have free will.... therefore its a choice.

C) In all three of the original movies no one ever used "darth" as a title... in fact many poeple called him "Lord Vader". So what he's Lord Darth? See when someone has a rank or title their last name goes with it. Like how they called han solo "general Solo" And lando "general callrissian".

D) and lastly the lighting was a plot device. The emperor is a beast. He is old an powerful (and btw vader being more powerful is nonsense) He could have done so many things to luke. Stop his heart, choke him, crush him into a tiny mound of flesh. But he wanted to torture him. So he let go of some of that awesome energy he can utilize. If he could do it why couldnt other people who are very stong with the force?

Lord Shadow Z
Star wars wouldnt have faded away any more that Indiana jones and and the like. The originals will always be there in the annals of film history. Most people don't even know or care about all the EU books, graphic novels, etc. Ill admit some of the sequel stories are pretty good, but as a whole it just seems like someone sits there and writes a bunch of BS stories about every puppet and cgi creature Lucas ever stuck into the movies. And the fact that between the second and third prequel a bunch of books came out telling you the story up to that point was lazy and insulting. He released the revenge of the sith w/o any of us knowing who the **** grievous was or any of the events of the clone wars. Its that kind of thing that ruined the magic.

I can't speak for the prequel fiction having not read it but the ones based after the OT are faithful and gives us more of the universe. I can't agree that the EU is not popular because save watching the OT over and over again SW fans don't have anything else 'Star Wars' to fixate on but the EU.

omgchos
I can't speak for the prequel fiction having not read it but the ones based after the OT are faithful and gives us more of the universe. I can't agree that the EU is not popular because save watching the OT over and over again SW fans don't have anything else 'Star Wars' to fixate on but the EU.
But see im fine with them writing books about what happens after the rebellion basically defeats the empire.... but it turned into kind of an encyclopedia thing. Like a reference guide to all the stuff thta didnt need to be explained. And then he makes these sequels where most of what happens to the so called "Main Character" of the prequels is never shown. Its like Lucas did it on porpose so wed have to go buy these comic books and novels and such just to know wtf was going on.

Lord Shadow Z

C) In all three of the original movies no one ever used "darth" as a title... in fact many poeple called him "Lord Vader". So what he's Lord Darth? See when someone has a rank or title their last name goes with it. Like how they called han solo "general Solo" And lando "general callrissian".

That's wrong. In ROTJ when Luke is talking to ghost Obi-Wan on Dagobah he refers to Vader as 'Darth'.

Obi-Wan: Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and *became* Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view.

Robtard
Pretty sure people are choosing their personal fave, not thinking of the lifestyle they would have to take on.

As are you, you're not factoring in that the wizard is almost constantly in need of food and/or is about to die.

Bardock42

A) Its not like in the 1000 generations that people have been using the force (maybe longer) that it was only jedi and sith who could do it. Obi Wan basically told is it binds the galaxy together.... so its not just for them.

Supposition

B)I'm pretty sure that to utilize the force you have to be sentient in some way and have free will.... therefore its a choice.

Supposition and non-sequitur

That's an completely inadequate train of thought. Just cause no one said it in the specific way you like doesn't mean it couldn't be true.

D) and lastly the lighting was a plot device. The emperor is a beast. He is old an powerful (and btw vader being more powerful is nonsense) He could have done so many things to luke. Stop his heart, choke him, crush him into a tiny mound of flesh. But he wanted to torture him. So he let go of some of that awesome energy he can utilize. If he could do it why couldnt other people who are very stong with the force?

Again supposition.

You interpreted it that way when watching it, therefore you think it must have been that way even though it could have been the other way as well.

omgchos
That's wrong. In ROTJ when Luke is talking to ghost Obi-Wan on Dagobah he refers to Vader as 'Darth'.

Obi-Wan: Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and *became* Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view.
If i change my name from danny to steve..... i "become" steve. And in "A New Hope" one of the most famous lines is:
"You cant win Darth, if you strike me down i shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"
That sounds to me like some calling someone by a first name. Obi wan also called him "Vader" previously so he wasn't mocking his title he was calling him by his first name. His adopted first name i should say.

Lord Shadow Z
But see im fine with them writing books about what happens after the rebellion basically defeats the empire.... but it turned into kind of an encyclopedia thing. Like a reference guide to all the stuff thta didnt need to be explained. And then he makes these sequels where most of what happens to the so called "Main Character" of the prequels is never shown. Its like Lucas did it on porpose so wed have to go buy these comic books and novels and such just to know wtf was going on.

I'm not really understanding what you mean by 'encyclopedia thing'. Are you saying the EU is bad because it's too vast, or the attempts to chronicle it by setting a clear line of continuity? The EU after the OT doesn't reference the OT films at all really, I can rememeber something about Luke getting health issues in one story after the Emperor's lightning attack, or something to do with The Glove of Vader but not much else...

I get your second point though, explaining events between the films is confusing but they did this to the OT too with the Shadow of the Empire concept which was meant to be inbetween ESB and ROTJ. Good book too!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Shadows_of_the_Empire

omgchos
Supposition

Supposition and non-sequitur

That's an completely inadequate train of thought. Just cause no one said it in the specific way you like doesn't mean it couldn't be true.

Again supposition.

You interpreted it that way when watching it, therefore you think it must have been that way even though it could have been the other way as well.

Just saying supposition doesn't prove your point. And u do know that Non sequitur is basically a synonym for suppostion so u failed 3 times.

As for the other arguments you basically just became a hypocrite. "Just cause no one said it in the specific way you like doesn't mean it couldn't be true." Same with you last argument. That right there is supposition on your part.

So good job not proving me wrong.

omgchos
I'm not really understanding what you mean by 'encyclopedia thing'. Are you saying the EU is bad because it's too vast, or the attempts to chronicle it by setting a clear line of continuity? The EU after the OT doesn't reference the OT films at all really, I can rememeber something about Luke getting health issues in one story after the Emperor's lightning attack, or something to do with The Glove of Vader but not much else...

I get your second point though, explaining events between the films is confusing but they did this to the OT too with the Shadow of the Empire concept which was meant to be inbetween ESB and ROTJ. Good book too!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Shadows_of_the_Empire

No im saying it's alot of nonsense. Novels after the fact is one thing but basically Lucas used the fact that he a popularized EU mythology to get really lazy in the film making. I mean at the end of Attack of the Clones anakin has a golden hand for some reason and gets married to Padme. Then in the opening sequence of Revenge of the Sith, Obi and Anakin are Trying to get to General grievous' ship and anakin has huge scar on his face and a hand that resembles vaders hands, and has apperently grown attached to some clone trooper who he goes back to help. So basically if you havent read up on the whole clone wars EU ur lost and confused.

Bardock42
Just saying supposition doesn't prove your point. And u do know that Non sequitur is basically a synonym for suppostion so u failed 3 times.

Supposition is not a synonym of non-sequitur. And I don't think the burden of proof is on me, you claimed something, I just said that what you claimed is not supported by the movies you cited as supporting your claim. You should point out where it supports it rather than just reiterating your point.

As for the other arguments you basically just became a hypocrite. "Just cause no one said it in the specific way you like doesn't mean it couldn't be true." Same with you last argument. That right there is supposition on your part.

So good job not proving me wrong.

You are incorrect though, I am not saying that you are definitely wrong, I am saying that it could be either way. I don't have to prove that what you say is wrong, at most I have to prove that what you say is not necessary. You may be right, but the movies don't prove that you are.

omgchos
You are incorrect though, I am not saying that you are definitely wrong, I am saying that it could be either way. I don't have to prove that what you say is wrong, at most I have to prove that what you say is not necessary. You may be right, but the movies don't prove that you are.

I use the movies as proof because they are "the" source material for star wars. At the very least "A New Hope" is. So they are really all the proof you can get.

Bardock42
And in "A New Hope" one of the most famous lines is:
"You cant win Darth, if you strike me down i shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

That's a good argument. It's logical, good job. Now do that with the other claims.

Bardock42
I use the movies as proof because they are "the" source material for star wars. At the very least "A New Hope" is. So they are really all the proof you can get.

No, you misunderstand me, I said you FAIL to use the movies as proof. Not that you shouldn't use them as proof. Quite to the contrary, you should. Go ahead, do that now.

omgchos
No, you misunderstand me, I said you FAIL to use the movies as proof. Not that you shouldn't use them as proof. Quite to the contrary, you should. Go ahead, do that now.
But see thats what ive bin doing this whole time....... and im tired of repeating myself.

Bardock42
But see thats what ive bin doing this whole time....... and im tired of repeating myself.

Well, you didn't, but far be it from me too ask you to continue if you don't want to.

Lord Shadow Z
If i change my name from danny to steve..... i "become" steve. And in "A New Hope" one of the most famous lines is:
That sounds to me like some calling someone by a first name. Obi wan also called him "Vader" previously so he wasn't mocking his title he was calling him by his first name. His adopted first name i should say.

He could be mocking his title though, not to mention mocking his conversion to the dark side by using the 'Darth' prefix. There are many ways you can interpret the dialogue.

As with the troops you mentioned they referred to him as 'Lord' Vader but that could just be an ideal title for them to use seeing how they are so dismissive of his religion.

omgchos
Well, you didn't, but far be it from me too ask you to continue if you don't want to.
What im basically saying here is im not gonna go back look at all my arguments then re-post them just because you feel they werent valid. For most of my origional arguments all i got from you were short answers which basically just dismissed them and gave me no basis to counter argue. U cant take the high ground just by saying "go back and do it better, then ill tell you why you were wrong". I wanna hear why you think my arguments werent valid. Thats how a debate works. Its not like when your five and you say "i know you are, but what am i?"

omgchos
He could be mocking his title though, not to mention mocking his conversion to the dark side by using the 'Darth' prefix. There are many ways you can interpret the dialogue.

As with the troops you mentioned they referred to him as 'Lord' Vader but that could just be an ideal title for them to use seeing how they are so dismissive of his religion.

The point i was making was that he wasnt mocking him when he said it. His tone was that of "matter of fact" which goes with the rest of the line. If he were mocking he might have mentioned something of his betrayal.
And dont you think in Return he might have mentiond something of the sith and how everyone who becomes one becomes darth. All he basically said was that he changed his name. Albeit no matter how you look at something someone somewhere will always see it differently, but i never once heard someone refer to him as just "darth" accept obi wan. i only ever heard "Darth Vader", Lord Vader" and "Vader". In fact in the first movie the emperor doesnt even call him darth.

Robtard
There's only one way to ultimately solve this impasse, you two have to wrestle naked in a tub filled warmed KY Jelly and lawn trimmings.

omgchos
Why lawn trimmings?

Bardock42
What im basically saying here is im not gonna go back look at all my arguments then re-post them just because you feel they werent valid. For most of my origional arguments all i got from you were short answers which basically just dismissed them and gave me no basis to counter argue. U cant take the high ground just by saying "go back and do it better, then ill tell you why you were wrong". I wanna hear why you think my arguments werent valid. Thats how a debate works. Its not like when your five and you say "i know you are, but what am i?"

Well, that's not quite correct, but I guess I could point out to you where your argument fell flat.

siriuswriter
Witch, straight up. I'd study like Hermione, have the passion of Harry, and the heart of Ron, so I'd be uber-versatile, uber-powerful, and uber-compassionate. The lifestyle of Harry Potter Canon is pretty damned sweet. If I get a place in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley, none of the other three could ever take me.

omgchos
Well, that's not quite correct, but I guess I could point out to you where your argument fell flat.
Thats all i ask.

Lord Shadow Z
The point i was making was that he wasnt mocking him when he said it. His tone was that of "matter of fact" which goes with the rest of the line. If he were mocking he might have mentioned something of his betrayal.
And dont you think in Return he might have mentiond something of the sith and how everyone who becomes one becomes darth. All he basically said was that he changed his name. Albeit no matter how you look at something someone somewhere will always see it differently, but i never once heard someone refer to him as just "darth" accept obi wan. i only ever heard "Darth Vader", Lord Vader" and "Vader". In fact in the first movie the emperor doesnt even call him darth.

His tone was mocking and confident because he knew if he got killed he could do the ghost thing and still mentor Luke, it was hardly matter of fact. He wouldn't mention anything of the betrayal because there would be no point; to Obi-Wan he's too far gone for anything to impact him. As he says 'He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil' Only Luke sensed the good in him and the conflict. It doesn't matter that only Obi-Wan refers to him as Darth, it is still ambiguous as to whether its an name or a title, it could be any.

Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader does not definitively mean that 'Anakin' became 'Darth' and 'Skywalker' became 'Vader'. None of this is proved in the OT through dialogue or anything else (its all about interpretation) and the argument is somewhat moot as the PT explicitly gives us the fact that it's a Sith title. And the PT is connected to the OT, however badly.

omgchos
and the argument is somewhat moot as the PT explicitly gives us the fact that it's a Sith title. And the PT is connected to the OT, however badly.
See that is my point exactly.

Robtard
Why lawn trimmings?

I find the smell to be intoxicating.

Bardock42

There is not a single information or comment about the nature of force users in the past, besides that Jedi existed. It is true that the word Sith wasn't uttered, but neither was it stated that there were other dark side Jedi. Additionally, there is no reason to assume that because something "binds the galaxy together" that everyone can manipulate it. Though your point is moot anyways, as neither the EU nor the prequels say that there can't be Dark Jedi who are not Sith.

Sentinence does not mean you have complete free will. It doesn't even imply any free will. Even if the being who are able to utilize the force have free will it does not mean that their decisions about the nature of the force is free.

You had a good argument for that later. Obi Wan using it as his first name. The argument you brought here though doesn't conclusively prove anything. Darth and Lord could both be titles "Vader" has.

All we know from the movies is that the Emperor used force lightning and that no one else did. From this little evidence we can't logically conclude that others can too, it could be a power only he ever developed, it could be a power only darksiders can use or it could be a power anyone can use if sufficiently powerful, there's no evidence to exclude any of these possibilities though.

omgchos
I find the smell to be intoxicating.
Hmmmmm....

Lord Shadow Z
There's only one way to ultimately solve this impasse, you two have to wrestle naked in a tub filled warmed KY Jelly and lawn trimmings.

no

omgchos
There is not a single information or comment about the nature of force users in the past, besides that Jedi existed. It is true that the word Sith wasn't uttered, but neither was it stated that there were other dark side Jedi. Additionally, there is no reason to assume that because something "binds the galaxy together" that everyone can manipulate it. Though your point is moot anyways, as neither the EU nor the prequels say that there can't be Dark Jedi who are not Sith.

Sentinence does not mean you have complete free will. It doesn't even imply any free will. Even if the being who are able to utilize the force have free will it does not mean that their decisions about the nature of the force is free.

You had a good argument for that later. Obi Wan using it as his first name. The argument you brought here though doesn't conclusively prove anything. Darth and Lord could both be titles "Vader" has.

All we know from the movies is that the Emperor used force lightning and that no one else did. From this little evidence we can't logically conclude that others can too, it could be a power only he ever developed, it could be a power only darksiders can use or it could be a power anyone can use if sufficiently powerful, there's no evidence to exclude any of these possibilities though.

A)My point from the beginning has been that the prequels ruined the magic of star wars. And they are the movies that introduced the sith and the darth title. So what im saying is that george lucas took a cool sounding name and because he was lazy and cant make good stories or characters by himself he decided that it would be easier just to make that every bad guys title if they were on the dark side of the force. Granted i cant look into his mind and say this for a fact, but i think the fact that no one ever even refered to the emperor as darth or sidious in the any of the origionals speaks for itself. I mean they couldnt say sidious enough in the prequels.

B)I dont see how anything without self awareness could use something as powerful as the force. I mean luke has to concentrate to get it to work sometimes, obviously until he practices so i dont see what point your making. And its also obvious from what yoda told luke in Empire that if you are aware that there is a dark and light side of the force you have a choice which path to follow. Even vader was "seduced by the dark side" so its not like its genetic.... so its gotta be free will.

C)Same point from my first argument there, George got lazy.

D)That is basically what im saying. It is open to interpretation. But when dooku goes up against yoda he just pops it. Which leads me again to believe that Lucas again stole imagry from the original star wars trilogy to make his prequels better. I mean with the entire mythology of the EU, you obviously cant put it all in a movie. But it was all after the fact stuff to back up the prequels. See when you watch a movie and go "why" or "huh" but then go home and read some EU stuff and go "Oh now i get it" it means its not a very good movie.

Rogue Jedi
I find the smell to be intoxicating. Funny, so does Hermione Granger.

omgchos
Funny, so does Hermione Granger.
Thats just cuz she wants to know if the carpet matches the drapes.

Rogue Jedi
As are you, you're not factoring in that the wizard is almost constantly in need of food and/or is about to die. Same goes for the Jedi. I can carry a large pizza, ten pies and a case of soda in Hermione's pouch yes

omgchos
Same goes for the Jedi. I can carry a large pizza, ten pies and a case of soda in Hermione's pouch yes
And a tent that's got 5 rooms and a fully stocked kitchen.

Rogue Jedi
And a tent that's got 5 rooms and a fully stocked kitchen. mhm. yes

Cuz magic is more powerful.

Robtard
Same goes for the Jedi. I can carry a large pizza, ten pies and a case of soda in Hermione's pouch yes

That's only going to get you so far, like maybe dungeon level 6. Then wave of wave of grunts come and you'd need food again.

Rogue Jedi
That's only going to get you so far, like maybe dungeon level 6. And what chos said.

Robtard
And what chos said.

Ghost can go right through that tent, yo. Then there's also thieves.

Rogue Jedi
Ghost can go right through that tent, yo. Then there's also thieves. Repello muggletum. WTF is a ghost gonna do?

Robtard
Repello muggletum. WTF is a ghost gonna do?

Reduce your life-points to zero, duh.

Grate the Vraya
Pretty sure people are choosing their personal fave, not thinking of the lifestyle they would have to take on. I'm surprised you expected better when you asked here.

Rogue Jedi
Reduce your life-points to zero, duh. Not Thirteen Ghosts, dude. HP ghosts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.