USNC vs The Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Backstory: The Empire has destroyed The Covenant. The Covenant had barely begun it's attack on Earth (HALO: REACH) when they were easily defeated. Now The Empire launches a full scale attack on Earth.
Both sides are equipped with their standard weapons, but The Empire does not get air support or naval bombardment. USNC does not get any mechanized support. Troop numbers for both sides are equal:

The Empire
Stormtroopers: 10,000
Commander: Vader
Wild Card: Emperor's Hand Mara

USNC
Marines: 7,000
ODST: 2,000
Spartans: 1,000
Leader: Lord Hood
Wild Card: Master Chief

Battle site is New Mombasa . . . has The Empire underestimated the USNC?

Pwned
Dont think so. Guessing this is war, not a battle? If its war, Mara goes and assassinates Chief, like she was trained to do. Vader gets on a webcam with the other guy for negotiations and chokes him to death.

RE: Blaxican
Hmm. John would whoop Mara Jade's ass, and depending on what weaponry he has, would give Vader a run for his money as well.

That aside, 1000 spartans could, alone, easily handle 10,000 stormtroopers. The marines and ODST's are overkill. So in a battle with stipualtions such as these, the UNSC stomps.

Zampanó
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Hmm. John would whoop Mara Jade's ass, and depending on what weaponry he has, would give Vader a run for his money as well.

I'm not sure about this. Vader (or Mara) could just levitate him and run him through. Mara with surprise could probably take him. Depending on who gets the drop on the other person, Vader as well, despite John's huge speed advantage.

thumb up

I don't think Mara at the time of the pre-RotJ could easily lift a 1000 pound object. And even if John was levitated, nothing stops him from firing his weapon. Spartans are trained to fight in space, and other zero G environments. He wouldn't think twice.

Pwned
Well, Chief has to breathe, and apparently a side effect of using the force to choke someone is that they drop everything and grab at their throat.
Always happens when that power is used, soooooo......

Also, Mara is an assassin and saboteur. She is a human as well, she could try to infiltrate the USNC and assassinate the leaders with either the force or her lightsaber if need be.

Though Vader vs Chief in a straight fight, im thinking the force takes this
And Vader in the EU is by NO means slow, even pre ROTJ.

Zampanó
John is a bullet-timer. He is at least an order of magnitude faster than Vader, even in the EU.

Pwned
Depends

We all obviously know precog prolly wont do shit cuz of the speeds they moving at, Vader isnt at the level where they can be a blur and stalemate.........

Where does it say John is a bullet timer? I never ran across that....
I believe it, im just wonderin

Depends though on whether John uses plasma or projectile weapons. At the least a lightsaber will be useful

It's in Fall of Reach. John goes for a test run after receiving his biotic enhancements and new suit, and at one point a squad of ODST's fire at him with their assault rifles and John notices that to his eyes, the bullets are moving in slow motion. Ten minutes later he punches a missile fired at him from a jet fighter.

Lord Lucien
I could see Mara assassinating/infiltrating key UNSC commanders like Hood. Her Force-enhanced reflexes are amazing. In Allegiance her brain calculated the proximity and speed of flying piece of metal, and she stopped walking as it went snapping 5cm past her face. Or something to that effect. Give her her lightsaber and fancy gadgets, and she could do a lot of behind-the-scenes damage.

And Stormtroopers a la the EU may be the ODSTs of Star Wars, but they are going down hard here. I see in the end Vader standing solo, surrounded on all sides by SPARTANS. He surrenders and uses his powers of cunning and awesome to convince the UNSC in to joining the Empire and hijacks the SPARTAN program as his own personal soldiers.

Slash_KMC
The fourth Star Wars Vs Halo thread...

Maybe I should try playing Halo at least once. Are the Halo games any good story wise?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Slash_KMC

Maybe I should try playing Halo at least once. Are the Halo games any good story wise? #2 and #3 are. ODST is just an extrapolation of the background scenery of #2. Halo Wars is an RTS, so yeah... And Reach is good, not great. I never played #1.

I've found the stories are better when you get every detail that only dozens of playthroughs can offer. But overall they're solid.

Boron Dalzier
Originally posted by Slash_KMC

Maybe I should try playing Halo at least once. Are the Halo games any good story wise?

The Halo series is actually the perfect example of a video game series that you would not want to be looking into if you were hoping for a good videogame storyline. It's not that the storyline is bad, so much as it is incredibly mediocre. There are literally thousands of other games out there gifted with far superior storylines.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Boron Dalzier
The Halo series is actually the perfect example of a video game series that you would not want to be looking into if you were hoping for a good videogame storyline. It's not that the storyline is bad, so much as it is incredibly mediocre. There are literally thousands of other games out there gifted with far superior storylines. Left 4 Dead, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tetris...

Boron Dalzier
Well for every Left 4 Dead, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Tetris you also get a Metal Gear Solid, The Longest Journey, and Beyond Good and Evil.

truejedi
I quit halfway through the first Halo. Every room identical with identical aliens standing in an identical pattern... I couldn't take it anymore.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Left 4 Dead, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tetris...
Minesweeper, Dynasty Warriors, Solitaire, Super Smash Bros....

Jinsoku Takai
#2 and #3 are. ODST is just an extrapolation of the background scenery of #2. Halo Wars is an RTS, so yeah... And Reach is good, not great. I never played #1.

I've found the stories are better when you get every detail that only dozens of playthroughs can offer. But overall they're solid.

1 was epic, 2 was garbage, 3 was... alright. Reach is, like 1, epic (though not quite as much as 1).

Jinsoku Takai
Left 4 Dead, Super Mario Bros. 3, Tetris...

yes

I'd say the third game was the weakest of the bunch. The Arbiter's storyline was enough to make it not garbage. The third one's got repetitive level design but the storyline was a lot less contrived and focused. Reach's storyline sucked, imo.

Also, Metal Gear Solid's storylines are garbage.

Jinsoku Takai
I'd say the third game was the weakest of the bunch. The Arbiter's storyline was enough to make it not garbage. The third one's got repetitive level design but the storyline was a lot less contrived and focused. Reach's storyline sucked, imo.

Also, Metal Gear Solid's storylines are garbage.

Agreed on MGS

Lord Lucien
I'd say the third game was the weakest of the bunch. The Arbiter's storyline was enough to make it not garbage. The third one's got repetitive level design but the storyline was a lot less contrived and focused. Reach's storyline sucked, imo. Yahtzee said it best.

I think I benefited from never playing the first game. Made the second that much better when I was forced to listen and discover the back story just so I'd know what was going on. I'll never have as much fun with a Halo game as I did with #2.

Boron Dalzier
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Agreed on MGS

Metal Gear Solid never claimed to be accessible to the homosexually inclined.

Pretty sure it did, considering Snake and Otacon are about as gay for each other as a relationship can get.

Nephthys
I havn't even played MGS and even I know that.

mattatom
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
1 was epic, 2 was garbage, 3 was... alright. Reach is, like 1, epic (though not quite as much as 1). QFT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.