Thanos vs Maxima, Sersi, Silver Surfer, Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thanos (classic) vs....

1) Maxima, Sersi, Silver Surfer (pre-annihilation), Superman

2) Maxima, Sersi, Silver Surfer (post-annihilation), Superman

3) Maxima, Sersi, Silver Surfer (post-annihilation)

4) Silver Surfer (post-annihilation), Superman

No prep.

carver9
Team

iceman24567
Team

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Black bolt z
Team

prolly team

Nihilist
Thanos wins, only Superman is a problem.

And there is no difference between pre and post Annihilation Surfer.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins, only Superman is a problem.

And there is no difference between pre and post Annihilation Surfer. how is sm a bigger problem than SS?

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
how is sm a bigger problem than SS? Because SS has never been any threat to Thanos , imo Superman is Stronger and possibly more durable

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
how is sm a bigger problem than SS? Because surfers attacks are mostly energy based and thanos has a higher energy attack durability then physical durability.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Because surfers attacks are mostly energy based and thanos has a higher energy attack durability then physical durability. Thanos durability to physicsl attacks is just as good as energy attacks.

Black bolt z
Thanos durability to physicsl attacks is just as good as energy attacks. He is constantly hurt by thor but surfers attacks never seem to hurt him. You don't see anything wrong with that? Any difference in durability?

Nihilist
He is constantly hurt by thor but surfers attacks never seem to hurt him. You don't see anything wrong with that? Any difference in durability? Bullshit, he isnt constantly hurt by Thor at all, Thor w/power gem only made his nose trickle with blood, Thor and Thing together with the same amount of punches did no damage at all. The Doppleganger who was said to be more powerfull than Thanos got a good 10-15 punches on Thanos and he was fine.

And dont bother trying to use the pis in IG as far weaker people than Thor hurt Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets not forget him taking shots from Magus with the IG and it doing nothing. His durability is very good for both energy and blunt force trauma

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets not forget him taking shots from Magus with the IG and it doing nothing. His durability is very good for both energy and blunt force trauma I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying its better for energy then it is blunt for trauma.

Nihilist
I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying its better for energy then it is blunt for trauma. facepalmSo you just ignore what has been said proving otherwise about his blunt force trauma durabilty.

Black bolt z
Bullshit, he isnt constantly hurt by Thor at all, Thor w/power gem only made his nose trickle with blood, Thor and Thing together with the same amount of punches did no damage at all. The Doppleganger who was said to be more powerfull than Thanos got a good 10-15 punches on Thanos and he was fine.

And dont bother trying to use the pis in IG as far weaker people than Thor hurt Thanos. OK...that proves he has a high blunt force trauma.

Nihilist
OK...that proves he has a high blunt force trauma. Thank you for admitting it thumb up

Because SS has never been any threat to Thanosbased on this premise, neither would SM durability is even or SS has a slight advantage. SM is stronger at base level, but his damage output all around isnt greater so I dont see how this would make him a bigger threat

Black bolt z
Thank you for admitting it thumb up I'd never claimed he didn't. Thanos's durability is amazing. All I said was his energy durability is stronger then his blunt force trauma durability.

Nihilist
I'd never claimed he didn't. Thanos's durability is amazing. All I said was his energy durability is stronger then his blunt force trauma durability. You said his energy durability was greater than his blunt force durability, now youre saying its equal. Thats changing your mind.

Sr J-Bieb
I'd never claimed he didn't. Thanos's durability is amazing. All I said was his energy durability is stronger then his blunt force trauma durability. Could you even begin to prove that in the first place?

Black bolt z
You said his energy durability was greater than his blunt force durability, now youre saying its equal. Thats changing your mind. No....i'm not. Right there I said his energy durability is greater.

Nihilist
No....i'm not. Right there I said his energy durability is greater. Originally posted by Black bolt z
OK...that proves he has a high blunt force trauma. So what are you saying then ?

Black bolt z
So what are you saying then ? I said he has a high blunt force trauma durability. Which is true. I said he has a higher energy durability then blunt force trauma durability.

Nihilist
I said he has a high blunt force trauma durability. Which is true. I said he has a higher energy durability then blunt force trauma durability. Which was proven wrong.

Black bolt z
Which was proven wrong. By?

Nihilist
By? All the instances i said which show both sets of durability are equal.

Black bolt z
All the instances i said which show both sets of durability are equal. You provided nothing for energy. You proved(which I already know) that he has a massive blunt force trauma durability. You haven't proven his energy durability is the same instead of stronger.

I don't see why you are disagreeing with me on this as it would only boost thanos's statute confused...

Nihilist
You provided nothing for energy. You proved(which I already know) that he has a massive blunt force trauma durability. You haven't proven his energy durability is the same instead of stronger.

I don't see why you are disagreeing with me on this as it would only boost thanos's statute confused... I never claimed anything about his energy durability, you did. You said he blunt trauma was weaker than his energy durability, i gave instances of blunt force trauma durability to back up my claim that his durability on both is equal.

My stance boost Thanos stature as it shown he has a very high durability against Blunt force and as you already agreed his high energy durability.

Black bolt z
I never claimed anything about his energy durability, you did. You said he blunt trauma was weaker than his energy durability, i gave instances of blunt force trauma durability to back up my claim that his durability on both is equal.

My stance boost Thanos stature as it shown he has a very high durability against Blunt force and as you already agreed his high energy durability. I didn't claim his blunt force durability is weaker then his energy. I said his energy is stronger then his blunt force.

Never in anything I said did I ever imply thanos had the slightest weakness in durability.

Nihilist
I didn't claim his blunt force durability is weaker then his energy. I said his energy is stronger then his blunt force.

Never in anything I said did I ever imply thanos had the slightest weakness in durability. Yeah you didOriginally posted by Black bolt z
He is constantly hurt by thor but surfers attacks never seem to hurt him. You don't see anything wrong with that? Any difference in durability? Originally posted by Black bolt z
I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying its better for energy then it is blunt for trauma.

Black bolt z
Exactly. That only backs up my case.

Nihilist
Exactly. That only backs up my case. lmfao
Because surfers attacks are mostly energy based and thanos has a higher energy attack durability then physical durability.

Black bolt z
lmfao YesOriginally posted by Black bolt z
Exactly. That only backs up my case.

Nihilist
Yes Seriously are you trying to be stupid for the lulz? you said his durabilty was weaker to Force than it was energy, you even gave Thor hitting Thanos and Surfer blasting Thanos as exapmples trying to back your stance. Do you even know what youre saying anymore..

Tell me then how my examples of Thanos durability against blunt force somehow back your case.

Black bolt z
Seriously are you trying to be stupid for the lulz? you said his durabilty was weaker to Force than it was energy, you even gave Thor hitting Thanos and Surfer blasting Thanos as exapmples trying to back your stance. Do you even know what youre saying anymore..

Tell me then how my examples of Thanos durability against blunt force somehow back your case. We both agree thanos has a really high blunt force trauma durability right?

Nihilist
We both agree thanos has a really high blunt force trauma durability right? Stop dodging and answer my post.

Black bolt z
Stop dodging and answer my post. What is so hard to understand about what I am saying?

Nihilist
What is so hard to understand about what I am saying? There is nothing hard to understand, its you making it this way, you say his energy durability was weaker than his blunt force durability, which i didnt agree with and gave examples of his high blunt force durabilty( to which you said "ok he does has high blunt force durability). So do you know disagree or agree that both sets of durability are equal or not.

Sr J-Bieb
What is so hard to understand about what I am saying? You dodging the question and you being proven wrong.

You're claiming something that is wrong, or can't be proven. You don't think that problems can arrise from this?

Black bolt z
There is nothing hard to understand, its you making it this way, you say his energy durability was weaker than his blunt force durability, which i didnt agree with and gave examples of his high blunt force durabilty( to which you said "ok he does has high blunt force durability). So do you know disagree or agree that both sets of durability are equal or not. Let me recap what I have said from the beggining

1: Thanos has massive durability is blunt force trauma
2: Thanos has even higher durability in energy attacks
3: Both are super high. One is just higher then the other.

neither of you have proved anything. give the spam a rest

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
You dodging the question and you being proven wrong.

You're claiming something that is wrong, or can't be proven. You don't think that problems can arrise from this? I don't see whats so hard to understand about what i'm saying.

Nihilist
Let me recap what I have said from the beggining

1: Thanos has massive durability is blunt force trauma
2: Thanos has even higher durability in energy attacks
3: Both are super high. One is just higher then the other.
i
1.Only after i gave examples, as you said it was weaker than energy durabilty.
2.Which you have given no expmples of to back YOUR stance.
3.Based on?

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
neither of you have proved anything. give the spam a rest Why dont you just keep your nose out, as its not effecting you in anyway.

Black bolt z
i
1.Only after i gave examples, as you said it was weaker than energy durabilty.
2.Which you have given no expmples of to back YOUR stance.
3.Based on? No I said his energy was stronger then his blunt force. Not his blunt force was weaker then his energy. One would imply one is low while the other would imply one is high.Its not hard.

Just please understand this.

I end this discussion.

Why dont you just keep your nose out, as its not effecting you in anyway. it's affecting the thread and it spams my user cp with senseless new posts that amount to nothing

Sr J-Bieb
I don't see whats so hard to understand about what i'm saying. It isn't hard to understand. What you need to understand is that you're wrong, plain and simple.

Black bolt z
It isn't hard to understand. What you need to understand is that you're wrong, plain and simple. About?

Sr J-Bieb
About? Thanos having better resistance against energy attacks than physical attacks.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by 753
neither of you have proved anything. give the spam a rest Irony

Black bolt z
Thanos having better resistance against energy attacks than physical attacks. I did.

Nihilist
No I said his energy was stronger then his blunt force. Not his blunt force was weaker then his energy. One would imply one is low while the other would imply one is high.Its not hard.

Just please understand this.

I end this discussion. So if one is STRONGER than the the other, which you did say energy durability was stronger, and you said his blunt force wasnt as strong therefore making it weaker than the other. Stop trying to use a play on words to get out of it.

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
it's affecting the thread and it spams my user cp with senseless new posts that amount to nothing Dont read the posts then or put us on ignore.

Irony one post requesting an end to spam isnt spam as it is not repetitive, neither is a single other one explaining how you need to improve your comprehension of the definitions of both irony and spam

Sr J-Bieb
I did. You did what? Say that? Be wrong about it?

You didn't prove it. You're still claiming it. You don't see a problem here?

Nihilist
I did. So me where you posted any proof.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by 753
one post requesting an end to spam isnt spamas it is not repetitive, neither is a single other one explaining how you need to improve your understanding of both irony and spam You contributed nothing to the thread while telling two people to stop arguing and calling it spam when they're trying to talk about two characters in the thread, and saying they proved nothing, and you were uppity about it.

Irony is the word that fits there. Trolling actually might fit better...

You contributed nothing to the thread while telling two people to stop arguing and calling it spam when they're trying to talk about two characters in the thread, and saying they proved nothing, and you were uppity about it.

Irony is the word that fits there. Trolling actually might fit better...

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by 753
That helps your case.

One word with brackets around it isn't spam after complaining about on topic posts. thumb up

I don't have a problem with spam, but when people call posts that aren't spam spam, while spamming the thread... pretty hilarious to say the least.

Sin I AM
four pages, and all it amounts too is neither clark nor norrin are man enough to take down Thanos

Sersi is the only true threat...

team 6/10

Nihilist
Originally posted by Sin I AM
four pages, and all it amounts too is neither clark nor norrin are man enough to take down Thanos

team 6/10 What can Sersi do to Thanos.

Sin I AM
What can Sersi do to Thanos.

transmution ftw

quanchi112
transmution ftw Based on ?

iceman24567

team 6/10 How sexist of you the only thing Sersi will be good for is a quicky and thats if Thanos would settle for a non abstract hooker no expression

Sin I AM
She transmuted Thor. Im not saying she trumps him alone, what Im saying is that, while Norrin boosts Clark and himself, with Maxima serving as a viable distraction Thanos WILL lose...because Sersi is the key here

quanchi112
She transmuted Thor. Im not saying she trumps him alone, what Im saying is that, while Norrin boosts Clark and himself, with Maxima serving as a viable distraction Thanos WILL lose...because Sersi is the key here That's Thor who is far less than Thanos so please give me something that actually backs up your case with regards to Thanos not another character whose name starts with a t.

Sin I AM
What Im stating Quan is that her transmuting abilities are not to be trifled with...she was able to transmute IMs armor and revert it back a feat MM could not even replicate...i see no reason y she wouldnt be a threat to the titan

vince_slice
transmution ftw

Thanos has total control over his body's molecules and can probably resist it or simply revert back. When he traveled across dimensions in Thanos Quest his body was shown to be transmuted into all sorts of stuff, glass, sludge, shattered pieces, and he simply reverts back to his original form easily.

vince_slice
Originally posted by vince_slice
Thanos has total control over his body's molecules and can probably resist it or simply revert back. When he traveled across dimensions in Thanos Quest his body was shown to be transmuted into all sorts of stuff, glass, sludge, shattered pieces, and he simply reverts back to his original form easily.

Thanos has transmutation powers also....

paisapower

R U sure it was Thanos willing himself back and not just the effects of whatever dimension he was travelling through wearing off ?

vince_slice
Originally posted by paisapower
R U sure it was Thanos willing himself back and not just the effects of whatever dimension he was travelling through wearing off ?

Thanos mentions that this type of travel across dimensions would be "deadly" for any "lesser being" after traveling he mentions how "Thanos always stays true to himself" so I'm pretty sure.

Sin I AM
Thanos mentions that this type of travel across dimensions would be "deadly" for any "lesser being" after traveling he mentions how "Thanos always stays true to himself" so I'm pretty sure.

thats the my point, is that he can be transmuted.......it will be enough ftw

vince_slice
thats the my point, is that he can be transmuted.......it will be enough ftw

But he can instantly revert back easily...so how does that help your case? If he can do that I doubt it will do much.

Sin I AM
But he can instantly revert back easily...so how does that help your case? If he can do that I doubt it will do much.

was it thru his own power, or some device. i need context, if he was changed whats to say he cant be harmed in said form?

paisapower

Im pretty sure Ive seen this and I still believe it was just the effects wearing off on their own.

As for his comment about staying true to himself, I think he just means that though its dangerouse he will not be detoured from his goal no matter the dangers.

vince_slice
was it thru his own power, or some device. i need context, if he was changed whats to say he cant be harmed in said form?

In Thanos Quest he was traveling to the nexus of all realities to get to the In-Betweener to take his soul gem.

One of Thanos' powers is he can control his atomic structure since he's an eternal. He was simply traveling through dimensions to get it and it affects his physical form, gets turned to glass, sludge, shattered, he's shown repeatedly reverting back after each transmutation. He mentions to a lesser being it'd be deadly, and also mentions how he can stay true to his form. Nothing about tech or anything is mentioned, the context supports his atomic control over his body.

quanchi112
What Im stating Quan is that her transmuting abilities are not to be trifled with...she was able to transmute IMs armor and revert it back a feat MM could not even replicate...i see no reason y she wouldnt be a threat to the titan Due to his powers and the manner in which he is always portrayed. Acting like someone's feat against Thor means anything to Thanos is silly.

vince_slice
Im pretty sure Ive seen this and I still believe it was just the effects wearing off on their own.

As for his comment about staying true to himself, I think he just means that though its dangerouse he will not be detoured from his goal no matter the dangers.

That makes no sense. He talks about how traveling dimensions would kill others, then specifically mentions how it doesn't affect him because he "stays true to himself," which obviously means he controls his own molecules. Especially if hes shown reverting back multiple times.

Black bolt z
was it thru his own power, or some device. i need context, if he was changed whats to say he cant be harmed in said form? He was reverting back to his own form. But we also don't know how strong the transmutation of the Nexus of realities is compared to sersi.

vince_slice
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1097/durability3as2.jpg

There's the scan. Completely supports him controlling his molecules to revert back.

Black bolt z

There's the scan. Completely supports him controlling his molecules to revert back. Yes we know. But can you prove it is stronger or weaker transmuatation then sersi? Not saying sersi's is stronger i'm just saying with strong enough transmutation powers he won't be able to due that.

TBH i'd probably bet against it. But hey feats might say otherwise.

Sin I AM

There's the scan. Completely supports him controlling his molecules to revert back.

hmmmmmmm from what i gather is that he has no control over whats going on, its just that ass he passes thru each reality his body simply reverts back to his true form...more of a durability feat than anything since the changes had to have been taxing, if he really had that much control over his molecules then it wouldnt have happened at all IIRC

vince_slice
Yes we know. But can you prove it is stronger or weaker transmuatation then sersi? Not saying sersi's is stronger i'm just saying with strong enough transmutation powers he won't be able to due that.

TBH i'd probably bet against it. But hey feats might say otherwise.

I don't have to because I never claimed it to be.

I simply showed evidence that Thanos can resist transmutation and instantly revert back if he does get transmutated.

Black bolt z
I don't have to because I never claimed it to be.

I simply showed evidence that Thanos can resist transmutation and instantly revert back if he does get transmutated. Ok.

Can we have some sersi transmutation feats then?

vince_slice
hmmmmmmm from what i gather is that he has no control over whats going on, its just that ass he passes thru each reality his body simply reverts back to his true form...more of a durability feat than anything since the changes had to have been taxing, if he really had that much control over his molecules then it wouldnt have happened at all IIRC

How do you interpret his words? "reality like all outside influences...have minimal effect on my being...I always stay true to myself..." with the context of whats happening in the art? If simply moving out of a dimension reverts him back why would he say that?

leonidas
thanos takes it. blah.

Sin I AM
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t438003.html

her respect thread......anywho i cant seem to find the best one imo, where she was able to transmute IMs armor and change it back, something classic MM could not even do

Sin I AM
How do you interpret his words? "reality like all outside influences...have minimal effect on my being...I always stay true to myself..." with the context of whats happening in the art? If simply moving out of a dimension reverts him back why would he say that?

yea i read it, but its not clear if he willed the change or simply as a result of leaving a particular reality reverted back

vince_slice
yea i read it, but its not clear if he willed the change or simply as a result of leaving a particular reality reverted back

But what do you think this quote means?

"has minimal effects on my being...I always stay true to myself"

Especially the "stay true to myself" part?

TheTyrant
Thanos kills them all simultaneously.

paisapower

I agree with this, heres superman going through the same thing. And last I checked this was not supermolecular control

http://http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2357/ccf0119201100001.th.jpg

And look at Thanos here,looks transmuted

http://http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1808/ccf0119201100000.th.jpg

vince_slice
I agree with this, heres superman going through the same thing. And last I checked this was not supermolecular control

http://http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2357/ccf0119201100001.th.jpg

And look at Thanos here,looks transmuted

http://http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1808/ccf0119201100000.th.jpg

There's a difference between what happened in the Thanos scan and in the Superman scan that needs to be accounted for.

In the Thanos scan it was stated by Thanos that the transmutation and warping is physically and spiritually taxing, and a lesser being would die. This isn't stated in that Superman scan, unless you have one that does state that?

Another difference is that we know Thanos can control his own molecules because he's an eternal (also confirmed by a Marvel editor). Superman can't. So when someone like Thanos who can control his body's molecules and is shown to revert back from transmutation it's harder to determine if its from simply traveling or from his own power. That's why I looked at his words, which seem to point to him reverting back willfully..."I stay true to myself"

As for the Thanos turning into stone, he did die from that, but he got resurrected by Death and upgraded, so it doesn't apply to current Thanos. Also the Thanos in the scan I posted was after he got his upgrade from Death, because he got his idea about the infinity gems by looking into Death's infinity well.

Konton
Yeah after seeing the scan I'd also conclude that Thanos is simply altered as he passes through dimensions/realities and then put back together after leaving each consecutive plane to be altered by the next. The narration insinuates that his physical dexterity and mental grit/willpower (as referenced in the "true to myself" bit) are what allows him to proceed without hindrance. Was this teleportation externally provided or was it his own power? Eternal teleportation physically drains most Eternals and Sersi has been recognized as being one of the few unaffected, so I wonder if all Eternals are subjected to that kind of environment while porting around.

As for Thanos vs Sersi, what we can conclude from his Eternal status is that he isn't canonically a better matter manipulator than her- should we go that rout. She's been stated on panel to be the most adept Eternal manipulator alive and of the highest class possible (the last level 5 adept or somesuch). I'm not saying she would beat him, but I don't think it's fair to compare but one of his powers against someone else who specializes in it.

paisapower
There's a difference between what happened in the Thanos scan and in the Superman scan that needs to be accounted for.

In the Thanos scan it was stated by Thanos that the transmutation and warping is physically and spiritually taxing, and a lesser being would die. This isn't stated in that Superman scan, unless you have one that does state that?

Another difference is that we know Thanos can control his own molecules because he's an eternal (also confirmed by a Marvel editor). Superman can't. So when someone like Thanos who can control his body's molecules and is shown to revert back from transmutation it's harder to determine if its from simply traveling or from his own power. That's why I looked at his words, which seem to point to him reverting back willfully..."I stay true to myself"

As for the Thanos turning into stone, he did die from that, but he got resurrected by Death and upgraded, so it doesn't apply to current Thanos. Also the Thanos in the scan I posted was after he got his upgrade from Death, because he got his idea about the infinity gems by looking into Death's infinity well.

Im sorry, but all I see is Thanos enduring each dimensional shift through durability and not molecular control.

What other feat does he have anywhere close to this, showing molecular control ?

And what upgrade did he get that would make him immune to transmutation ?

vince_slice
Originally posted by Konton
Yeah after seeing the scan I'd also conclude that Thanos is simply altered as he passes through dimensions/realities and then put back together after leaving each consecutive plane to be altered by the next. The narration insinuates that his physical dexterity and mental grit/willpower (as referenced in the "true to myself" bit) are what allows him to proceed without hindrance. Was this teleportation externally provided or was it his own power? Eternal teleportation physically drains most Eternals and Sersi has been recognized as being one of the few unaffected, so I wonder if all Eternals are subjected to that kind of environment while porting around.

As for Thanos vs Sersi, what we can conclude from his Eternal status is that he isn't canonically a better matter manipulator than her- should we go that rout. She's been stated on panel to be the most adept Eternal manipulator alive and of the highest class possible (the last level 5 adept or somesuch). I'm not saying she would beat him, but I don't think it's fair to compare but one of his powers against someone else who specializes in it.

I don't know who's stronger in transmutation but I'm simply trying to point out Thanos has a strong resistance to it as shown by the scan.

1. We know traveling to the nexus of all realities can kill you since it twists and transmutates your form--as stated by Thanos

2. We know it has minimal effect on Thanos' being--as stated by Thanos.

3. We know Thanos can control his molecules since he's an eternal.

4. Thanos states that "I always stay true to myself" after being transmutated multiple times--shown by the art itself.

Taking all this into account, I don't think Sersi's transmutation will be enough to make much of a differences in this fight.

Konton
1. Granted, but you're presupposing that Thanos is actively transmuting himself when we don't actually know that.

2. Granted, but my last point still stands.

3. Potentially, yes, he has that power, I just think you're reading too much into the narration and reaching for a feat that isn't there.

4. I guess it depends on how you interpret the narration. If that is our conflict than all we can do is agree to disagree.

5. She's not alone here, though. Maxima has (arguably) more oomph in her telekinesis, albeit with less finesse. Surfer is here too and, well, he and Sersi have canonically established unlimited reserves of energy that they can amp Superman with and then enough left over to attack on their own.

Sin I AM
we're getting off subject, I was simply stating that their combined power ........... Silver Surfer sun amping Supes (and himself), while Maxima provides a viable distraction...would give Sersi enough rom to breathe to use her strongest power (transmutation) to gain the upper hand

vince_slice
Originally posted by Konton
1. Granted, but you're presupposing that Thanos is actively transmuting himself when we don't actually know that.

2. Granted, but my last point still stands.

3. Potentially, yes, he has that power, I just think you're reading too much into the narration and reaching for a feat that isn't there.

4. I guess it depends on how you interpret the narration. If that is our conflict than all we can do is agree to disagree.

5. She's not alone here, though. Maxima has (arguably) more oomph in her telekinesis, albeit with less finesse. Surfer is here too and, well, he and Sersi have canonically established unlimited reserves of energy that they can amp Superman with and then enough left over to attack on their own.

1. Actually no, my first point was just reiterating what Thanos said. I'm not presupposing anything in point 1.

2. See the above.

3. We know he does have the power to control his molecules since he's an eternal.

4. This is where I make my interpretation that Thanos may be using his molecular control to keep himself from being hurt. Again this is my opinion when I read his words and interpreted the art myself.

Even if it is just his durability, you could argue his durability is strong enough to keep him from being seriously hurt from transmutation in the first place with the scan.

So regardless the point that he's resilient toward transmutation is still supported. Even if it's only due to his durability.

5. I know Surfer can amp but so can Thanos. In Blood and Thunder when Thanos fought Odin, Odin makes mention that Thanos draw's from an infinite power source too, just like himself.

In my opinion I still don't think the team has what it takes to take down Thanos for the majority. I mean Surfer seems to be the most powerful overall here but when has he been more than a nuisance for Thanos?

paisapower
1. Actually no, my first point was just reiterating what Thanos said. I'm not presupposing anything in point 1.

2. See the above.

3. We know he does have the power to control his molecules since he's an eternal.

4. This is where I make my interpretation that Thanos may be using his molecular control to keep himself from being hurt. Again this is my opinion when I read his words and interpreted the art myself.

Even if it is just his durability, you could argue his durability is strong enough to keep him from being seriously hurt from transmutation in the first place with the scan.

So regardless the point that he's resilient toward transmutation is still supported. Even if it's only due to his durability.

5. I know Surfer can amp but so can Thanos. In Blood and Thunder when Thanos fought Odin, Odin makes mention that Thanos draw's from an infinite power source too, just like himself.

In my opinion I still don't think the team has what it takes to take down Thanos for the majority. I mean Surfer seems to be the most powerful overall here but when has he been more than a nuisance for Thanos?

Superman alone will give him a hell of a time

vince_slice
Superman alone will give him a hell of a time

So you think Superman by himself can stand against Thanos?

paisapower
So you think Superman by himself can stand against Thanos?

All out supes, definitely

carver9
I agree with superman giving thanos trouble if you took away thanos shields. Winning? Naah, that's not happening but being a nuicance (if he is fighting smart)... I could see superman lasting some minutes against him.

paisapower
Originally posted by carver9
I agree with superman giving thanos trouble if you took away thanos shields. Winning? Naah, that's not happening but being a nuicance (if he is fighting smart)... I could see superman lasting some minutes against him.

I mean trouble, real trouble not just a nuicance. Shields or not

carver9
I mean trouble, real trouble not just a nuicance. Shields or not

No, just no.

I think surfer is more durable than supes and he got dropped by thanos. Supes isn't getting past thanos shields. Supes isn't tanking thanos punches.

I have seen supes fight people in thanos class dropping from one blow... examples, v&v despero, monarch, and titus.

Superman isn't beating thanos but if he fought smart, used his superior speed and evaded some of thanos punches, he could last some minutes. One solid blow and he is out of the fight imo.

paisapower
Originally posted by carver9
No, just no.

I think surfer is more durable than supes and he got dropped by thanos. Supes isn't getting past thanos shields. Supes isn't tanking thanos punches.

I have seen supes fight people in thanos class dropping from one blow... examples, v&v despero, monarch, and titus.

Superman isn't beating thanos but if he fought smart, used his superior speed and evaded some of thanos punches, he could last some minutes. One solid blow and he is out of the fight imo.

Superman has also one shot Despero and when ready was handling titus just fine. As for Monarch your nuts if you think Thanos is in his class.

Superman has gone physical with being above Thanos.

And as for one blow taking supes out, ya only if your writing the comic

Nihilist

As for the Thanos turning into stone, he did die from that, but he got resurrected by Death and upgraded, so it doesn't apply to current Thanos. Also the Thanos in the scan I posted was after he got his upgrade from Death, because he got his idea about the infinity gems by looking into Death's infinity well. You using Warlock as proof of transmutation working against Thanos is a very poor choice, Warlock was empowered by 2 Abstract Chaos and Order at the time..

As for all out Super, what about Thanos going all out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did people ACTUALLY bring up Warlock using a spell on Thanos and turning him into stone? It wasn't even the same type of transmutation Sersi would use.. it was more like a magical spell. Not to mention... he was empowered by Abstracts... caught Thanos by surprise coming out of the Soul Gem.. and was USING the Soul Gem amp his powers. Mind you..... Warlock was killed by Thanos in one shot... prior to this. Not to mention this was pre-upgrade Thanos and he's never been transmuted again.

The scan Vince put up.. seems rather clear to me... Thanos states MOST everybody would die from do what he is doing.. He DOESN'T... not it's not just because as he passes one reality he just reverts back... that is one of the dumbest things I've heard in awhile. If that was true... then most everybody would live.. as they would simply be reverted back on their own after each reality. However, we know that ISN'T true because the writer of the story states most would die. So something is going on that THANOS IS DOING that is making it so he doesn't die. Thanos has transmutation abilities... thus that seems like the likely answer.

As for the fight... Thanos takes it pretty convincingly

Sin I AM
The scan Vince put up.. seems rather clear to me... Thanos states MOST everybody would die from do what he is doing.. He DOESN'T... not it's not just because as he passes one reality he just reverts back... that is one of the dumbest things I've heard in awhile. If that was true... then most everybody would live.. as they would simply be reverted back on their own after each reality. However, we know that ISN'T true because the writer of the story states most would die. So something is going on that THANOS IS DOING that is making it so he doesn't die. Thanos has transmutation abilities... thus that seems like the likely answer.

As for the fight... Thanos takes it pretty convincingly

ok two issues from this post. It can also be implied that by traveling thru the different realities, Thanoss' willpower and physical durability is what keeps him alive not his transmution abilities, if the latter was the case then he once he entered the first reality and was subsequently changed then he simply would have applied said powers prior to entrance into another reality and not dealt with it at all. It seems to me that he was either unable or not powerful enough to revert under his own power in each particular reality via transmutation. However, he was durable enough to withstand it and once he left that plane was simply reverted back as the occurance no longer held any effect.

also this fight is not so cut and dry as you seem to surmise. true norrin is nothing more than a nuisance to thanos time and time again. And if he were fighting him solely then this wouldn't be a debate, but you also have Clark (who would be amped) Maxima (a durable viable distraction) and Sersi, whose transmutation skills imo are grander than Thanos. There are plenty of tactics the team can employ ftw to be simply written off is ignorance

those transformations simply show him being affected by the physical laws of different realities as he apssed through them and surviving, they dont show he can resist reality warping as people have claimed. he wasnt actively manipulating his own mass to counter the effects either

KuRuPT Thanosi
He was at the NEXUS of realities.. where all realities meet... he wasn't passing through different realities.. he was at the nexus of them. So this theory that he was passing through different realities is just nonsense.

Sin I AM
He was at the NEXUS of realities.. where all realities meet... he wasn't passing through different realities.. he was at the nexus of them. So this theory that he was passing through different realities is just nonsense.

thats not what is depicted.....Thanos stated that his trek takes him thru dimensions, thru "different" (several) realities. A nexus is a particular fixed point which links all realities. In order to have been in a nexus he would have to had been stationary (or moving around in circles) within that point not traveling thru several realities ( even though he may have used the nexus to travel from one point to the next) which is what was stated in the scan. Your logic and what was shown is not synonymus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.