Uatu vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Who wins?

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

GalacticStorm
Uaatu

rotiart
Thanos punches Uatu In the face. Uatu unmakes Thanos.

leonidas
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Uaatu

Utrigita
Uatu.

The lastest showing from the watchers was veery nice

TheTyrant
What did they do?

-K-M-
He watched....HARD!

kevdude
Did he say anything while watching or just watched?? My guess is he just watched! whistle

dmills
Originally posted by Utrigita
Uatu.

The lastest showing from the watchers was veery nice

Cock tease stick out tongue

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by -K-M-
He watched....HARD! I don't see how anyone could have Thanos beating him after that feat.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
I don't see how anyone could have Thanos beating him after that feat.

Normally I would agree with this, but since Quan does exist, there IS someone who will still say "Thanos wins."

laughing out loud

Black bolt z
Originally posted by -K-M-
He watched....HARD! laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Normally I would agree with this, but since Quan does exist, there IS someone who will still say "Thanos wins."

laughing out loud Care to debate then ?

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Care to debate then ?

Uatu held a universe into himself and didn't cry -much- after Rulk punched him.

Thanos would've cried 131

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheTyrant
What did they do?

Not alot, merely showing somewhere around multiversal wide awareness as a result of their power. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Uatu held a universe into himself and didn't cry -much- after Rulk punched him.

Thanos would've cried 131 Thanos survived under willpower alone to the supreme power which Lt look like a feeble old man.

rotiart
Thanos survived under willpower alone to the supreme power which Lt look like a feeble old man.

Which wasn't just his willpower but also all his training with containing massive energy types.. Oh yeah...

Silent Master
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Uaatu

I agree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
Which wasn't just his willpower but also all his training with containing massive energy types.. Oh yeah... Yes, but he survived due to his willpower alone. Are you saying Uatu's feat is more impressive ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't

Bentley
Unless the Heart of the Universe is laying around and Thanos jumps in, I think Uatu's feats outdo Thanos's.

rotiart
Yes, but he survived due to his willpower alone. Are you saying Uatu's feat is more impressive ?

Nope. I'm saying ever since the doom Thanos willpower argument on someone elses thread you've been claiming that thanos's will is the only reason he survived that event... When it was a combination of factors and the commentors on his will were only himself and Adam warlock... It wasn't as if the narrator came out and said Thanos has a supreme will... Even Thanos admits there were other factors to you... Which you always leave out...

As to the watcher Uatu comment I am not comparing the two. Only that I want you to admit it wasn't will alone. :-) as stated on panel.

Bentley
Kang, however, has incredible will! A Kang t-shirt would rock.

rotiart
Human level endurance? But challenges gods?
I'll take dr strange for will.

guy222
uatu

Black bolt z
Kang, however, has incredible will! A Kang t-shirt would rock. Doom>Kang in everything but tech uhuh

quanchi112
Unless the Heart of the Universe is laying around and Thanos jumps in, I think Uatu's feats outdo Thanos's. The point is Uatu couldn't replicate Thanos' and the feat is much more impressive but both feats don't prove anything in terms of a versus matchup.

Nope. I'm saying ever since the doom Thanos willpower argument on someone elses thread you've been claiming that thanos's will is the only reason he survived that event... When it was a combination of factors and the commentors on his will were only himself and Adam warlock... It wasn't as if the narrator came out and said Thanos has a supreme will... Even Thanos admits there were other factors to you... Which you always leave out...

As to the watcher Uatu comment I am not comparing the two. Only that I want you to admit it wasn't will alone. :-) as stated on panel. It states he survived this due to willpower. It states it right on panel.

Black bolt z
The point is Uatu couldn't replicate Thanos' and the feat is much more impressive but both feats don't prove anything in terms of a versus matchup.

It states he survived this due to willpower. It states it right on panel. It also states he survives due to reasons other then willpower.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
It also states he survives due to reasons other then willpower. I understand this but without his supreme will this wasn't possible still. That's more impressive than uatu's feat.

Silent Master
Uata wins, he has far better feats.

Black bolt z
I understand this but without his supreme will this wasn't possible still. That's more impressive than uatu's feat. Not supreme. Great.

quanchi112
Not supreme. Great. He wielded supreme power so why is his will not supreme ? Think of a better will feat in the marvel universe.

Black bolt z
He wielded supreme power so why is his will not supreme ? Think of a better will feat in the marvel universe. True. His will might be supreme after merging with the HOTU.

And in the MU? Probably not much better then absorbing the universe/multiverse.

quanchi112
True. His will might be supreme after merging with the HOTU.

And in the MU? Probably not much better then absorbing the universe/multiverse. No, his will was supreme to wield it and survive.

No feat better in all of comics due to willpower imo.

Black bolt z
No, his will was supreme to wield it and survive.

No feat better in all of comics due to willpower imo. Why am I even debating this? This isn't a fight of wills.

Silent Master
Why am I even debating this? This isn't a fight of wills.

Because Quan is a troll and wants Thanos to be the best at everything, and he'll keep "debating" until you agree.

TheTyrant
The Watchers other than the one who fought Galactus in the Last Galactus Story are pathetic when it comes to fighting. Thanos wins.

dmills
Originally posted by Silent Master
Because Quan is a troll and wants Thanos to be the best at everything, and he'll keep "debating" until you agree. laughing

Bentley
Doom>Kang in everything but tech uhuh

zomfg

Nop! wink

Uatu's feat against Aaron alone places his head and shoulders around Thanos...

OneDumbG0
Doom>Kang in everything but tech uhuh Originally posted by Bentley
Nop! winkTruthiness. Doom's tech > Kang's. Originally posted by Bentley
Uatu's feat against Aaron alone places his head and shoulders around Thanos... Also truthiness.

psycho gundam
Doom>Kang in everything but tech uhuh Originally posted by Bentley
zomfg

Nop! wink

Uatu's feat against Aaron alone places his head and shoulders around Thanos... biscuits

Bouboumaster
Uatu

Bentley
These people who love Doom as much as Quanchi loves Thanos!

OneDumbG0
^ Reported for bashing. sneer

Mindset
These people who love Doom as much as Quanchi loves Thanos! And almost as much as you love Cock, I mean Kang.

Well, both really. link-rape

Bentley
Originally posted by Mindset
And almost as much as you love Cock, I mean Kang.

Well, both really. link-rape

Me loves my Kan- err cock.

rotiart
The point is Uatu couldn't replicate Thanos' and the feat is much more impressive but both feats don't prove anything in terms of a versus matchup.

It states he survived this due to willpower. It states it right on panel.

Did you just choose to ignore my entire post?

Lol. You know in an online forum it's difficult to detect whether you are being sarcastic... Or just plain stupid....

Since sarcasm usually has smilies somewhere near the text...
Happy Dance

the ninjak
Uatu

KuRuPT Thanosi
Please list Uatu greater feats Silent Master and Black Bolt

OneDumbG0
^ Somebody already did. Here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t472567.html

Bentley
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

I see what you're doing big grin

Silent Master

Ok

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Somebody already did. Here:

ODG... why do you have to spoil my fun all the time? They had no clue about any of their feats.. and yet you still tried to help them out. Regardless, most of those feats aren't that impressive.... whistle

quanchi112
Did you just choose to ignore my entire post?

Lol. You know in an online forum it's difficult to detect whether you are being sarcastic... Or just plain stupid....

Since sarcasm usually has smilies somewhere near the text...
Happy Dance You know neither feat determines anything combat related it's like saying in light of the watcher's feat rulk can't punch him out. It's silly so bringing it up is useless.

Why am I even debating this? This isn't a fight of wills. Both feats are irrelevant to combat anyways. I gave a better feat than the watcher though since you're so hung up on feats.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ok

Bwahahahaha.. you're such a tool... You couldn't even name one feat of there's if ODG didn't help you out.

Silent Master
Prove it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Prove it.... LOL LOL LOL.. You always live up to your name Silent Disaster

Silent Master
If by that you mean that I provide feats, then you're right.

quanchi112
Prove it.... LOL LOL LOL.. You always live up to your name Silent Disaster laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
No you didn't... ODG provided the feats.. you copy and pasted the link from his post...

Silent Master
Prove that I copied his link, as opposed to going to the respect forum and getting the link from there.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you know how dumb you look right now? You stated Uatu feats were greater before... yet NEVER posted the link. Then ODG on his own.. post the link.. then you show and post the same link... yet you want people to believe you went there yourself and copied the link.. even though you never did before when you referenced TH3 F3ats.. yet after ODG.. You suddenly come up with the exact same link... Nice job Disaster.

PillarofOsiris
Ok

After reading through that respect thread, I'd have to say that this fight is an absolute curbstomp of epic proportions.

Silent Master
Do you know how dumb you look right now? You stated Uatu feats were greater before... yet NEVER posted the link. Then ODG on his own.. post the link.. then you show and post the same link... yet you want people to believe you went there yourself and copied the link.. even though you never did before when you referenced TH3 F3ats.. yet after ODG.. You suddenly come up with the exact same link... Nice job Disaster.

I posted feats 4 minutes after you asked for them.

KuRuPT Thanosi
really? did you miss what Red Hulk did? Did you miss the watcher being one-shot by a Galactus blast.. while others lived?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I posted feats 4 minutes after you asked for them.

No.. you posted the SAME link that ODG posted, difference is it was BEFORE you did.

PillarofOsiris
I put Red Hulk in the same category as Squirrel Girl.

quanchi112
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I put Red Hulk in the same category as Squirrel Girl. Sg doesn't lose Rulk has been dominated before. LOL.

Silent Master
Because we both got the link from the respect forum, that doesn't prove that I copied his link.

Bentley
And only one of them has taken on Thanos!

SamZED
Red Hulk lost "the force" after his battle with Spider-man. He's been getting his ass kicked ever since.

As for this thread, nothing is more lame than a character who has a power to "shatter galaxies" but never uses it.

the ninjak
A Watcher can kill Galactus. With a mere gesture.

Thanos doesn't stand a chance.

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak

Huh? Galactus has killed two Watchers already, when did this ever happen?

the ninjak
Huh? Galactus has killed two Watchers already, when did this ever happen?

The recent What If. What If #200.

complexbrother
off of powerset alone Uaatu.

off of skills and abilities ... Thanos

Bentley
The recent What If. What If #200.

Ah, so a non-canon Galactus!

Still, that's one awesome Watcher no expression

the ninjak
Ah, so a non-canon Galactus!

Still, that's one awesome Watcher no expression

Uatu did it. All the Watcher Council arrived and forced him to become Galactus.

Bentley
Uatu did it. All the Watcher Council arrived and forced him to become Galactus.

It sounds way too awesome to miss, what's the book's name?

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's non canon so it matters not

TheLordofMurder
Going by feats, Uatu pwns the living hell out of Thanos...

quanchi112
Going by feats, Uatu pwns the living hell out of Thanos... We don't just go by feats though, bud.

D_Dude1210

Thanos doesn't stand a chance.

S'why what-ifs are NEVER a good way of gauging powers. I remember a What-If that Galactus killed Uatu as well.

I think it was "What if the Avengers faced Galactus" or something or other...

the ninjak
It sounds way too awesome to miss, what's the book's name?

What If #200. What If Sentry killed Ares earlier. What If the Watcher killed Galactus and What If Elektra lived.

Stan Lee thumbs upped it.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
S'why what-ifs are NEVER a good way of gauging powers. I remember a What-If that Galactus killed Uatu as well.

I think it was "What if the Avengers faced Galactus" or something or other...

Thats exactly the What If where Galactus one shots Uatu; then eats him with his tech...

What If's are even less consistent than main stream comicbook stories when it comes to consistency...

the ninjak
Thats exactly the What If where Galactus one shots Uatu; then eats him with his tech...

What If's are even less consistent than main stream comicbook stories when it comes to consistency...

Did Uatu resist?

TheLordofMurder
Well Uatu was on the ground unconscious after Galactus's initial attack...so he couldnt resist.

When the fight begun, Galactus was about to eat Earth but Uatu stopped him (grabbed his arm; Galactus was about to activate his matter/energy converter) and attacked Galactus...Galactus's counter attack (his eye beams) then put Uatu down for the count...

D_Dude1210
Did Uatu resist?

Duh! he did. In fact he attacked Galactus during that story when the Galactus was about to munch on the planet. He went: "I must now violate my vow for I cannot stand idly by while you destroy this planet" and Galactus went "*****! dont ever stand between a man in a purple suit and his fried chicken!"...!

They fought, Uatu died and I think in the end, Galactus felt guilty about Uatu's sacrifice and left the planet...

Or something or other...

the ninjak
Well Uatu was on the ground unconscious after Galactus's initial attack...so he couldnt resist.

When the fight begun, Galactus was about to eat Earth but Uatu stopped him (grabbed his arm; Galactus was about to activate his matter/energy converter) and attacked Galactus...Galactus's counter attack (his eye beams) then put Uatu down for the count...

Sweet! That Uatu tried to pacify Galactus and got injured.

#200 Watcher simply willed him dead.

D_Dude1210
Sweet! That Uatu tried to pacify Galactus and got injured.

#200 Watcher simply willed him dead.

He tried to stop Galactus and was killed when he did so.

I think in #200, he used a Deus Ex machina to kill Galactus?

Do you have scans of it?

the ninjak
My copy is at work. I'll scan then post tomorrow.

TheLordofMurder
Duh! he did. In fact he attacked Galactus during that story when the Galactus was about to munch on the planet. He went: "I must now violate my vow for I cannot stand idly by while you destroy this planet" and Galactus went "*****! dont ever stand between a man in a purple suit and his fried chicken!"...!

They fought, Uatu died and I think in the end, Galactus felt guilty about Uatu's sacrifice and left the planet...

Or something or other...

Galactus did feel bad about killing Uatu and took his body back to the other Watchers in the end...

But in that What If, Galactus defeated Uatu pretty easily; Uatu punched Galactus and knocked him into a building then Galactus struck him down with his eyebeams...

It was over that fast...

the ninjak
Galactus did feel bad about killing Uatu and took his body back to the other Watchers in the end...

But in that What If, Galactus defeated Uatu pretty easily; Uatu punched Galactus and knocked him into a building then Galactus struck him down with his eyebeams...

It was over that fast...

GREAT! Uatu tried to punch Galactus.....a bad move.

In #200 he simply willed Galactus to die.

Big difference.

When Uatu is fazed by an attack he can't act.

TheTyrant
I'm not buying any of it. Just skimming through the Uatu respect thread, I see that almost none of the things that was posted still hold true. The other feats Uatu's had which might still be relevant are mostly non-combat feats like him creating a version of the Fantastic Four. I'll address the important ones.

1- "Uatu has the power to shatter worlds and set galaxies to trembling...
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/...rv118819vd7.jpg"

That's why one of his peers totally survived the herald my rage blast which only destroyed one galaxy without a scratch? Oh wait...

2-"The narrator calls the Watcher the most powerful being in the galaxy...
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/...nse05523fk3.jpg"

This was said before any of the real Marvel powerhouses such as Galactus, Eternity, Living Tribunal, Thanos, etc. had made their appearances. Out dated.

3- "Eon refers to the Watcher as nearly omnipotent...
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/...asar6013ze1.jpg"

Wtf? Eon actually says "near omniscient". Out of context.

"Telekinetically pulls Galactus's original ship out of orbit...
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...lactus12sk0.jpg"

This is from the Last Galactus Story. Non canon. And it's not uatu.

4- "Uatu had the power to stop (or at least impede) the Magus' plan of merging the universe he created with 5 Cosmic Cubes with the 616 universe, but he doesn't because of his vow of non-interference: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...atcherpower.jpg"

What a load of bs. Galactus was sent to Death's realm when the CCs blasted him, yet Uatu would actually dare think that he stands a chance at stopping the Magus?
-----------------
This only decent feats he's had which could be used in combat would be his time/space manipulation.

Like this one:

"Uatu demonstrating the options available to him with his time/space powers...
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/...four1321ok9.jpg"

The thing is we saw how easily Thanos withstood effects similar to that in his quest (issue number 1) before the Infinity Gauntlet.

Thanos wins by punching Uatu in the head like that other guy who's name ended with 'ulk' and started with the letter r.

Bentley
What about the time he pwned Aaron?

the ninjak
Uatu crushes Thanos who is disputing this?

TheTyrant
Uatu crushes Thanos who is disputing this?

I am. Because Uatu's weak sauce.

the ninjak

Meh he killed Galactus with a gesture.
He is a pacifist. He lost earlier battles due to his nature. If he wanted Galactus dead he'll do it. Thanos imprisoned he'll do it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
NON CANON

Bentley

Answer to the Aaron feat?

TheTyrant
Meh he killed Galactus with a gesture.

What comic?

the ninjak
Read the above posts. What If #200. I'm shocked so many of you didn't read it.

TheTyrant
Answer to the Aaron feat?

When Uatu fought Aaron or Aaron's feats?

TheTyrant
Read the above posts. What If #200. I'm shocked so many of you didn't read it.

I've read it.

1- It's non canon for being a What If?, obviously.
2- It's got the weaker version of Galactus in it which was afraid of the much weaker Ultimate Nullifier that couldn't even destroy a galaxy.
3- It was said that Uatu was scared of Galactus in the Actual canon Galactus Trilogy.

the ninjak
This Uatu we are dealing with. What Ifs count.

Annihilius's Wave captured a recent Galactus. Uatu would have willed Annihilus dead too.

Bentley
When Uatu fought Aaron or Aaron's feats?

The former, unless you feel the latter is actually important for your argument of course.

D_Dude1210
This Uatu we are dealing with. What Ifs count.

No they don't. Different Uatus, different Galactus. They don't count at all. :-/

Utrigita
GREAT! Uatu tried to punch Galactus.....a bad move.

In #200 he simply willed Galactus to die.

Big difference.

When Uatu is fazed by an attack he can't act.

Just like Galactus in a alternate reality willed Uatu to die?

Great, that is two - one to Galactus.

the ninjak
How do you think Uatu would've stood against the first Annihilation Wave.
If he went all out?

TheTyrant
How do you think Uatu would've stood against the first Annihilation Wave.
If he went all out?

Tenebrous would've punched his head off instantly.

The former, unless you feel the latter is actually important for your argument of course.

Ok, I got nothing for that. But one-time showings aren't good enough imo. That way, people can argue that Odin >>>> Cyttorak because Cyttorak's never shook the multi-verse. But Cyttorak is virtually limitless in power according to one of his bios.

the ninjak
This is a cock fight.

TheTyrant
*Stroke.

Bentley
Tenebrous would've punched his head off instantly.

Ok, I got nothing for that. But one-time showings aren't good enough imo. That way, people can argue that Odin >>>> Cyttorak because Cyttorak's never shook the multi-verse. But Cyttorak is virtually limitless in power according to one of his bios.

I can agree that the respect thread scans are misleading, there are several people who just don't read the comics and can't get the context right. I don't agree with the conclusion but I agree with your argument.

the ninjak
Tenebrous was just a weaker Surfer and if "an older" Uatu can kill Galactus then he can kill him too.

D_Dude1210
Tenebrous was just a weaker Surfer

Say whaaaaaat?

the ninjak
Say whaaaaaat?

Woops sorry thought you were talking bout the guy he fought in Annihilation. Ravenous was his name his Negative zone counterpart.
These damn names.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.