Thanos vs Superboy/man Prime (twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Let's say if we could put thanos in superboy/man prime shoes. Would he have done all the things that prime did and beat all of the teams that prime beat?

Let's put thanos right at the beginning when prime first appeared and he has to repeat EVERYTHING prime went through.

Does he clear it, complete the mission, or where does he stop?

shokosugi
Thanos dies.

Black bolt z
Thanos would probably do all of it but not as easy as prime did.

And he will not be beating mxy.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Thanos would probably do all of it but not as easy as prime did.

And he will not be beating mxy. Myx Prime didnt "beat" Mxy he had had a alternate reality Zatanna effect his will.

keiththegreat
First of all, I'd have to say SBP would stomp the shit out of Thanos.

The first big thing SBP did was kill 30+ GLs, fly through a wall of willpower and then fight superman and kal-l all while under his weakness. Now, while Thanos would fare better in the 2nd part, because he's not weak to red sunlight, I doubt he'd survive against 30 GLs.

And then, I doubt Thanos could fight every hero on DC earth at once (maiming quite a few for life), and then beat the absolute crap out of Sodam Yat, and then take full blasts from all the Guardians, and then kill more GLs and SCs and fight off Superman and friends, and then fly through the weakened anti-monitor's chest and "kill" him, and then take everything every Guardian could throw at him until one sacrifices himself to stop him (and even that can't kill him).

No, SBP does better than Thanos.

quanchi112
Thanos succeeds.

Sirius77
Not everything.

iceman24567
The AMs antimatter Kos Thanos

Bentley
Thanos can't reality punch, nor survive the kamikaze Guardian attack, nor survive Monarch's explosion, nor beat Myx, nor escape the Speed Force, nor resist the AM's antimatter.

The rest he may do methinks.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
The AMs antimatter Kos Thanos Based on what a character who neutralizes Thanos' own powers while weakened nuking him with an antimatter bomb ? LOL.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos can't reality punch, nor survive the kamikaze Guardian attack, nor survive Monarch's explosion, nor beat Myx, nor escape the Speed Force, nor resist the AM's antimatter.

The rest he may do methinks. Yeah he isnt doing all of that either

paisapower
Thanos doesnt make it too far.

He likely beats up on connor and kills a few titans. He then gets the pantom zone arrrow and thats about all he wrote.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what a character who neutralizes Thanos' own powers while weakened nuking him with an antimatter bomb ? LOL. Anti-matter would still kill him. Thanos is made of matter.

Uriel005
Anti-matter would still kill him. Thanos is made of matter. Antimatter would be promptly redirected with an energy blast though. But the speedforce trap stops him for sure at the earliest. Guardian suicide will hurt but if Thanos shields up beforehand he'll survive it. However Monarch explosion will kill him stone dead barring the inability to die.

quanchi112
Anti-matter would still kill him. Thanos is made of matter. I disagree. Thanos' powers were negated and he was vastly weakened. Context. Prime is also made of matter and it didn't kill him either. Yat also wasn't killed by the Am. LOl.

Black bolt z
I disagree. Thanos' powers were negated and he was vastly weakened. Context. Prime is also made of matter and it didn't kill him either. Yat also wasn't killed by the Am. LOl. Anti matter gets downplayed all the time. If there is anti-matter and you are made of matter it should kill you.

And i'm not getting back into this "his powers were negated" debate which we both know is bullshit.

quanchi112
Anti matter gets downplayed all the time. If there is anti-matter and you are made of matter it should kill you.

And i'm not getting back into this "his powers were negated" debate which we both know is bullshit. We go by comics not our own opinions.

Andy scmidt backed me up. He was also weakened either way making it a useless example.

Black bolt z
We go by comics not our own opinions.

Andy scmidt backed me up. He was also weakened either way making it a useless example. Its not an opinion. Its a fact. Anti-matter and matter cancel each other out. Therefore if you are made of matter anti matter should destroy you.

Like I said i'm not getting into this again. Drop this topic as this isn't the thread.

quanchi112
Its not an opinion. Its a fact. Anti-matter and matter cancel each other out. Therefore if you are made of matter anti matter should destroy you.

Like I said i'm not getting into this again. Drop this topic as this isn't the thread. Not based off of comics just like two characters survived Am's attacks both comprised of matter such as Yat and Prime.

Thanos doesn't go down here as I have proven.

Sirius77
When did you prove anything?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
When did you prove anything? Just now hence th two characters who survived Am's attacks.

Black bolt z
Not based off of comics just like two characters survived Am's attacks both comprised of matter such as Yat and Prime.

Thanos doesn't go down here as I have proven. Which is why anti-matter is downplayed. Against thanos it wasn't. He is made of matter. He died. End of story.

You haven't proven anything.

quanchi112
Which is why anti-matter is downplayed. Against thanos it wasn't. He is made of matter. He died. End of story.

You haven't proven anything. He was weakened only reason it worked.

We don't use weakened showings against fully powered characters as proof.

Black bolt z
He was weakened only reason it worked.

We don't use weakened showings against fully powered characters as proof. No its not. Its because it cancels out matter.

FIne so give me a showing of avatar o death thanos at full power. Since we don't use weakened feats thanos doesn't get anything he did in TI.

quanchi112
No its not. Its because it cancels out matter.

FIne so give me a showing of avatar o death thanos at full power. Since we don't use weakened feats thanos doesn't get anything he did in TI. Nope as Am failed this would fail against a fully powered Thanos.

We do use weakened feats but knowing full well he's more powerful than this. Read gotg I don't have time to answer every question when you still haven't provided one pre crisis fate feat in the proper thread yet. Get to it.

Black bolt z
Nope as Am failed this would fail against a fully powered Thanos.

We do use weakened feats but knowing full well he's more powerful than this. Read gotg I don't have time to answer every question when you still haven't provided one pre crisis fate feat in the proper thread yet. Get to it. Prove it. SBP is made of matter. It should destroy him.

Once you admit thanos wasn't weakened.

quanchi112
Prove it. SBP is made of matter. It should destroy him.

Once you admit thanos wasn't weakened. It didn't so the comic proves you wrong.

He was weakened there's proof he was no proof he ever returned to full power. Game. Set. Match.

Black bolt z
It didn't so the comic proves you wrong.

He was weakened there's proof he was no proof he ever returned to full power. Game. Set. Match. EXactly. Anti-matter is downplayed.

Anti matter destroying thanos isn't a low feat.

quanchi112
EXactly. Anti-matter is downplayed.

Anti matter destroying thanos isn't a low feat. We don't go by your own opinion we go by the comics so since others survived it so does Thanos.

Never said it was but destroying a weakened Thanos isn't the same thing as destroying a fully powered Thanos.

quanchi112
TI#5 they also mention him recovering power steadily. This is after Thanos kills Drax. Correct me if I'm wrong but it was never stated that Thanos regained his full powers

This is proof right here that Thanos wasn't at full power when Drax killed him since he recovered more power since the anti matter bomb killed him.

You don't even read my own posts apparently which had this lumped in from psycho doctor who broke it down.

Black bolt z
We don't go by your own opinion we go by the comics so since others survived it so does Thanos.

Never said it was but destroying a weakened Thanos isn't the same thing as destroying a fully powered Thanos. WHat don't you understand about this? Its not an opinion. If your made of matter, anti matter should kill you.

Lord KMC
Even a fresh Thanos won't be defeating Superboy-Prime unless he has the HotU or even the IG.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord KMC
Even a fresh Thanos won't be defeating Superboy-Prime unless he has the HotU or even the IG. this thread isn't a fight.

Lord KMC
this thread isn't a fight.
Yeah, I just fully read over it Happy Dance

Thanos is a transcendent being opposed to Prime who's a skyfather.

I could see him smashing on Supes but feats such as killing loads of Green Lanterns isn't really his paygrade...

EDIT: I'm assuming this is only Infinite Crisis.

quanchi112
WHat don't you understand about this? Its not an opinion. If your made of matter, anti matter should kill you. This is contradcited by the comics and comics don't make sense so argue based off the comics not your own opinion.Originally posted by Lord KMC
Even a fresh Thanos won't be defeating Superboy-Prime unless he has the HotU or even the IG. Based on ?

Black bolt z
This is contradcited by the comics and comics don't make sense so argue based off the comics not your own opinion. Based on ? Its not an opinion. Its a fact. I'm not going to say it again.

quanchi112
Its not an opinion. Its a fact. I'm not going to say it again. I gave an example in the comics of Am failing to kill two beings comprised of matter. I am right.

Black bolt z
I gave an example in the comics of Am failing to kill two beings comprised of matter. I am right. Originally posted by Black bolt z
Its not an opinion. Its a fact. I'm not going to say it again.

quanchi112
I cited two showings while science disagrees but we are debating comics not science. LOL.

TheTyrant
It's good that we saw an anti-matter grenade fail to kill Thanos.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
It's good that we saw an anti-matter grenade fail to kill Thanos. It did kill him. He just came back.

And I know quan will spout his usual shit so i'm going to ignore him.

quanchi112
It did kill him. He just came back.

And I know quan will spout his usual shit so i'm going to ignore him. He was weakened. He's also vested in an indestructible form.

TheTyrant
It did kill him. He just came back.

And I know quan will spout his usual shit so i'm going to ignore him.

Exactly. A weakened Anti-Monitor isn't permanently killing Thanos easily if at all. Not to mention that Thanos was weakened.

Lord KMC
TheTyrant, Thanos did get taken out by that AM grenade; he just made a deal with Death so he can't really stay dead...

He was weakened. He's also vested in an indestructible form.
Doesn't matter. Prime alone sufficed in kicking his ass. COIE Anti-Monitor was eventually killed by being punched into a star by Silver Age Supes. I'd say that I.C. AM had the better end of the deal as he was killed by a superior foe. Thanos is also far slower than SBP.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Exactly. A weakened Anti-Monitor isn't permanently killing Thanos easily if at all. Not to mention that Thanos was weakened. Noy saying it will.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are people really saying it doesn't matter that he was weakened AND Drax cancels out his Eternal Molecular Control when he's around? Some people are really that desperate.

Furthermore, are people honestly claiming Thanos would be the least bit bothered by 30 Fodder GL's LOL LOL. That would pretty much one shot them all with one big Omni blast. Those GL's were a joke and would be dispatched in short order.

TitoSanchez
Superboy Prime is a classic Superman. They are millions of times more powerful than than Thanos. They sneeze away solar systema. Geesh.

TitoSanchez
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are people really saying it doesn't matter that he was weakened AND Drax cancels out his Eternal Molecular Control when he's around? Some people are really that desperate.

Furthermore, are people honestly claiming Thanos would be the least bit bothered by 30 Fodder GL's LOL LOL. That would pretty much one shot them all with one big Omni blast. Those GL's were a joke and would be dispatched in short order. There was other GL's there beside the fodder ones. And Thanos isn't beating a Daxamite with the power of Ion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oooooo but he would beat Ion and it wouldn't be that hard. Please tell me the GL's that amounted to anything? Prime didn't have feats like PC Supes.. so no Prime is Solar System sneezing away anything. Thanos would beat Prime.. just like he would beat Ion.

TitoSanchez
Oooooo but he would beat Ion and it wouldn't be that hard. Please tell me the GL's that amounted to anything? Prime didn't have feats like PC Supes.. so no Prime is Solar System sneezing away anything. Thanos would beat Prime.. just like he would beat Ion.
You think thanos would beat Sadam yat Ion? No. Thanos has never beaten many high end super heroes at once let alone dozens and dozens like SBP did. Sadam Yat was the only being that gave an entire issue worth of fight to prime and lived. Name 4 high tier super beings that Thanos has bested in one fight.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You didn't answer my question though... please name for the GL's that were worth a damn?

Next pleast list for me the people ION beat that gives you any indication he would beat Thanos. Is the best you have losing to Prime? Well since you're going that route... I have Thanos who didn't lose to Odin (more powerful than Ion) but was losing before it was broken up. I have Thanos on the losing end but not put down (unlike Ion) against Tyrant.. Yet again, another being more powerful than Ion. I also have him beating the Maker (BeyonderS) with ease. While mentally unstable.. still housed power far superior to Ion. Thanos also beat his own doppleganger who was more powerful than himself in a long drawn out fight. So since Thanos is above Ion.. a being more powerful than himself.. and beating him.. that is better than Ion losing to prime. We also have Thanos besting Mar-veil.. who was clearly Trans level.. and besting him with ease. We have Thanos standing up (losing but never KO'd again) to The Walker (Death God who Mistress Death ran from) who again is far superior to Ion.. and yet Thanos was never put down there. Those are just some off the top of my head.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Let me also add.. The weakest verison of Thanos... One shot killed a HH with the Soul Gem in Warlock. Thanos one shot killed Phyla (Avatar of Death) and Drax with ease. Two more herald level characters. Please list for me the heralds level characters Prime or Ion killed in one shot.

Black bolt z
Let me also add.. The weakest verison of Thanos... One shot killed a HH with the Soul Gem in Warlock. Thanos one shot killed Phyla (Avatar of Death) and Drax with ease. Two more herald level characters. Please list for me the heralds level characters Prime or Ion killed in one shot. Classic Warlock isn't HH....

KuRuPT Thanosi
yes he is. Where do you get this impression he isn't.

Black bolt z
yes he is. Where do you get this impression he isn't. Where di you get the impression he was? I mean yes he was impressive. I still have yet to see anything from him thats high herald impressive.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I doubt you've read ANY warlock really. He's HH and been HH. For God's sake the Tiers list even has him there.

Black bolt z
I doubt you've read ANY warlock really. He's HH and been HH. For God's sake the Tiers list even has him there. I know. I don't know why. He's impressive. He's easily a herald. I just don't see him being an HH. At least not classic warlock.

celeyhyga17
the GotG Warlock definitely aint no HH.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.