Clones - Why are they so Dumb?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
During the Clone Wars and during the 1st Galactic Civil War, Clones and Stormtroopers were very very stupid. They were programmed to obey any order, rather than to think independently, which in my opinion is a valuable asset in any war. Without an officer in charge, they couldn't do a thing, so why wasn't there a command structure besides lieutenant & sergeant? Any opinions?

RE: Blaxican
Not being able to disobey a direct order =\= lack of independent thinking.

If a Clone was separated from his unit and behind enemy lines, he could think creatively to survive, if he needed too. Some clones have had affairs and kids, so obviously independent thinking isn't absent. If they lack anything, it's a moral compass. If you're looking for the why for that, well, it's because they bred with the ultimate purpose of unquestionably serving a bastardly sith lord who supports genocide and murder of innocents. A moral compass would get in the way of that.

Lord Lucien
I haven't watched The Clone Wars, but from what I've browsed on Wookiee, the Fett clones aren't that dumb (at least the named ones). And Star Wars: Clone Wars portrays the ARC troopers in an amazing light. Shadows of Mindor features a Fett Clone in 4.5 ABY, still fighting for the Empire as a group captain.

From all I've seen, the clones are fiercely loyal and obedient, but not dumb.

truejedi
um... clones totally defied direct orders. RODV for one. Vader's Fist for another...

Evilbigfoot
Aren't some of the Stormtroopers volunteers or people forced to wear the Imperial attire? With that being said; of course a bunch of hillbillies with guns are gonna "be dumb." (Especially after drinking a couple o' beers)

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Evilbigfoot
Aren't some of the Stormtroopers volunteers or people forced to wear the Imperial attire? With that being said; of course a bunch of hillbillies with guns are gonna "be dumb." (Especially after drinking a couple o' beers)

Stormtroopers? Yes. Clonetroopers? No.

darth radon
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
During the Clone Wars and during the 1st Galactic Civil War, Clones and Stormtroopers were very very stupid. They were programmed to obey any order, rather than to think independently, which in my opinion is a valuable asset in any war. Without an officer in charge, they couldn't do a thing, so why wasn't there a command structure besides lieutenant & sergeant? Any opinions? "DUMB" is a opinion.
^_.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.