Chaos King vs. Infinity Being

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
The two conflicting theories of Marvel continuity fight big grin !

TheTyrant
Infinity Being stomps.

zopzop
The Infinity Being from Marvel? The old source of the Infinity Gems? Cause it's been retconned I think.

So I'm gonna go with Chaos King.

TheTyrant
Who said that she was retconned? She was the main villain in the Avengers/Ultraforce crossover.

Colossus-Big C
infinty being has long been retcon

also these two dont conflict, chaos king is just the embodiment of the primal void before creation. infinity being caused creation

quanchi112
IB stomps.

KuRuPT Thanosi
IB stomps.... Which comic was this rectonned in please?

rotiart
What retcon are people talking about?
Iirc: infinity being was introduced during thanes quest as the originator of the entire marvel multiverse...

The living tribunal declares the gauntlet won't work anymore
Then he does
Eternity arrives and says it won't anymore...

In the marvel and malibu crossover where they introduced the ego gem nemesis was supposed to be the infinity being and she was easily creating universes... And was only defeated because te gems of Which she was formed had gained their own sentience and revolted against her...

I don't recall the ego gem ever being mentioned again
And the ig has been shown recently in illuminati issues as working...

The recently the gems were used by Parker Robbins reality and power to ktfo of rulk...

And when magus had the gauntlet Hirt the reality gem he blasted thanes but didn't kill him... Thanos told him something like reality isn't what you perceive... Course around that time we were told Thanos keeps the reality gem... And an incomplete gauntlet merged two universes easily into one...

Hrm... Feats related to infinity being trumps most of what I've seen chaos king do...

Btw death fleeing from te chaos king doesn't seem as impressive once I read that a proper ritual and slaying of Thanos can kill death herself for this universe

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
infinty being has long been retcon

also these two dont conflict, chaos king is just the embodiment of the primal void before creation. infinity being caused creation It said that before the MU the infinity being was all there was and all there was was it.

Thats why is a conflicting theory.

rotiart
Supposedly the infinity being was the "universe" or multiverse or whatever before our current one. It ended it's life due to sheer emo boredom...

Before our 616 universe galactic or galan came from another universe before ours...

As far as I can understand the infinity being is before even galactus time...

Black bolt z
Originally posted by rotiart
Supposedly the infinity being was the "universe" or multiverse or whatever before our current one. It ended it's life due to sheer emo boredom...

Before our 616 universe galactic or galan came from another universe before ours...

As far as I can understand the infinity being is before even galactus time... But the infinity gems thanos has came from the IB. So unless new infinity gems are created whenever a new universe is created Marvel has even more serious continuity problems then I thought no expression.

rotiart
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But the infinity gems thanos has came from the IB. So unless new infinity gems are created whenever a new universe is created Marvel has even more serious continuity problems then I thought no expression.

What?
Galan merged
With the living embodiment of the universe previous to ours to become the galactus in ours... The infinity being came from a time when he was the only being around... And from his death came the gems...

This was some time before galans universe was born the ib existed...

The major issue is actually the fact that if the ib precedes our multiverse why are there gems in each universe that came after... How can each universe have a gauntlet with power that rivals the multiverse... And why hasn't a single person then used one gauntlet to rule the multiverse
Sit on that one...

Black bolt z
Originally posted by rotiart
The major issue is actually the fact that if the ib precedes our multiverse why are there gems in each universe that came after... How can each universe have a gauntlet with power that rivals the multiverse... And why hasn't a single person then used one gauntlet to rule the multiverse
Sit on that one... Thats what I was wondering.

zopzop
There was a few major retcons.

1) The Gems do NOT function in any other universe except the one they are native too

2) The Gems get their power from the Big Bang (the Power Primordial that I think the Elders of the Universe tap into)

Having said that, CK stomps since the Infinity Being is awol.

rotiart
Originally posted by zopzop
There was a few major retcons.

1) The Gems do NOT function in any other universe except the one they are native too

2) The Gems get their power from the Big Bang (the Power Primordial that I think the Elders of the Universe tap into)

Having said that, CK stomps since the Infinity Being is awol.

The ig and gems not working outside their universe are shown in the fantastic four issues with reed and his alternate reality selves...

The source of power for the gems themselves being attributed to the energies of each respected universe never changed the overall history that it came from the infinity being or that the infinity being came from before our universe...

The retcon was to the limits of each gem and gauntlet. Which we still aren't sure what limits there are if any... One reed used his gauntlet when the celestials invaded against them... It killed the other reed in the process...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.