Legolas vs. Sauron.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Legolas:

http://www.freewebs.com/ringlord420/legolas.jpg

Sauron:
http://earlvagary.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/sauron1.jpg

Sauron from the Fellowship of the Ring is seen knocking the shit out of everyone in sight. He's heavily armored.

However, Legolas is very fast and nimble and ultra accurate with a bow and arrow.

Assume that Sauron retains ALL of his might and size for two scenarios:

1. Legolas MUST remove the ring in order to defeat him. That can include cutting off his fingers. Sauron is at full power, as seen in the opening scene of TFotR.

2. Simply killing Sauron through regular means will work: no ring clause attached. (This would be similar to removing Horcruxes from Voldemort.) He's still retains all his might and size, though: he's just mortal.

Fight takes place in the room that the show down in Dune (84 Lynch version version..but I had to use that footage from a remix) as seen here: Y_Is5_sD72M

There's plenty of high and low places for Legolas to do his acrobatics (for those of you that would get PO'd at a gimp) and there's plenty of wide open spaces for Sauron to swing (for those that would get PO'd at a gimp).

Here's one of Legolas' high end feats:

Killing almost everyone aboard and then the Oliphant itself:

sMjkfZ3q8tE

Here's Sauron killing what I think are HUMANS:

f9lcJJuHPEs

That's his only fighting feat: magic mace that appears to create a shockwave when it strikes: but he's a slow slow fighter.

Equpiment: Legolas gets both of his long knives, his bow, and a full 25 arrow quiver. His clothes are the same as seen in the video when he took down the Oliphant.

Sauron is armed exactly as he is in the video.

For scenario 1, we can allow the reasons (from the books) for why he was so powerful with the ring and why he was so hard to kill. I feel that just the movie version, alone, doesn't explain why he was so beastly.

If 1 and 2 are almost universal amongst the members, then we can do a scenario 3:

Same settings as #2 but Legolas has to kill Sauron while holding a lembas with his buttcheeks: if he crunches it between his cheeks, he loses. Can the Elf kill Sauron without crunching his Lembas or is the Elf doomed to a mess in his pants and mace in the face?

Pwned
Noldor=Better elvish fighters just so you know, and Legolas aint one of them.......

Sauron wins, he b***h smacked Legolas' betters.

Also, theres a reason they didnt want Sauron to get the Ring again, mainly that being that he could show up again and do that mace thing of his...........

Robtard
Never seen an Nolder in the film take down an Oliphaunt and its crew like Legolas did.

Round 1: Arrow to each of Sauron's eyes followed by fingers being chopped off with twin long-knives

Round 2: Arrow to each eye

Round 3: Arrow to each eye; Legolas is a power-bottom, he likely has extreme control over his gluteal and anus, so that craker is safe.

Pwned
Cuz pretty much every last Noldor had either left or wasnt fighting....

His eyes? You do realize he has magical stuffs, and shooting his eyes might not work

He is also a spirit, so he really doesnt have eyes......

dadudemon
Originally posted by Pwned
Cuz pretty much every last Noldor had either left or wasnt fighting....

His eyes? You do realize he has magical stuffs, and shooting his eyes might not work

He is also a spirit, so he really doesnt have eyes......

Gotta stick with what's on screen.

He is corporeal, in the movies. His fingers were cut off and were filled with stuff...that turned to nothing but carbon ash after bit.

He's tangible. Not a spirit.

NemeBro
Noldor=Better elvish fighters just so you know, and Legolas aint one of them.......

Sauron wins, he b***h smacked Legolas' betters.

Also, theres a reason they didnt want Sauron to get the Ring again, mainly that being that he could show up again and do that mace thing of his........... No it's not. erm

Sauron's personal power was never what was most feared about him.

Pwned
His personal power with the Ring would have empowered his armies, same with Morgoth.

And, uh, yeah, eyes, with his magical stuffs he could prolly find Legolas without them

Plus, as far as we saw only a Numenorean blade could cut through his armor, so do we even know if Legolas' elvish blades would cut?

Im not saying its not possible, but they are of an inferior craft as that which had been made in that time, said that in one of the extended versions from Elrond i believe, not sure. Since its a same-universe fight, you have to take into consideration what exactly would work, and what wouldnt.

Robtard

And, uh, yeah, eyes, with his magical stuffs he could prolly find Legolas without them

What exactly now? Cos "magical stuffs" isn't an argument.

In the film, all he did was kick some ass, make some people scared and then a shaking fool with a broken sword kicked his ass.

dadudemon
His personal power with the Ring would have empowered his armies, same with Morgoth.

Plus, as far as we saw only a Numenorean blade could cut through his armor, so do we even know if Legolas' elvish blades would cut?

Im not saying its not possible, but they are of an inferior craft as that which had been made in that time, said that in one of the extended versions from Elrond i believe, not sure. Since its a same-universe fight, you have to take into consideration what exactly would work, and what wouldnt.

Prove that they were Numenoreans with only using the movies or the extras from the movies. Additionally, prove that Numenorean blades were special from any other blade, using movie sources, as well.

Since you can't do any of the above, it's a moot point. You have to stick to the movies. Else we could have Hulk picking up entire mountains in our debates.

They were referred to as "man" by the narrator. Nothing more. They were shown having the stature of regular men. Nothing more. The blade was completely symbolic and had no special powers. In fact, the blade was probably very brittle as it broke from being slightly elevated: it should have bent. This indicates how brittle it was. Even if Sauron weighed a million lbs (he didn't because the ground would have crushed under him), it would still have bent, not shattered, like it did.

So, no, it doesn't take a very strong blade to cut through Sauron's "flesh." Legolas' obviously superior blades will work just fine against Sauron's flesh.

Blinky
Well IF sauron did tag Legolas with that shock-wave-mace shit, we'd have one dead ass-f*cking elf on our hands. The question is, I suppose, if Legolas could avoid getting hit by a blind Sauron flailing around his magic mace.

NemeBro

Im not saying its not possible, but they are of an inferior craft as that which had been made in that time, said that in one of the extended versions from Elrond i believe, not sure. Since its a same-universe fight, you have to take into consideration what exactly would work, and what wouldnt. The Ring would have empowered and strengthened his military might, yes, but his personal power would not be increased by a signifigant amount. Magic in LotR is pretty Low Fantasy and more subtle.

Magical stuffs?

It was an Elvish blade actually, in the movie Narsil is stated to be crafted by the Elves. Though in the books it was crafted by Dwarves, but books do not count. Narsil/Anduril is more a status symbol than anything else, it symbolized the Return of the King and allowed Aragorn to prove to the ghosts (Cannot recall the name of the army) that he was the true King of Gondor, and demanded their aid. It was not some uber cutting sword.

That said, Legolas has pretty much no hope in a melee fight.

Even ranged, I am not so sure his arrows would so easily pierce his thick armor.

Pwned
Damn, i just realized how long its been since i watched the trilogy...

Im gonna have to rewatch them sometime this month or something idk

But it is an uber cutting sword in the movies, i remember Boromir barely tapping it and cutting himself while it was still broken

the ninjak
Shooting Sauron through the eyes shouldn't do anything.

Only removing the ring is his weakness.

And Legolas can't do that. Unless luck comes into play.

NemeBro
Damn, i just realized how long its been since i watched the trilogy...

Im gonna have to rewatch them sometime this month or something idk

But it is an uber cutting sword in the movies, i remember Boromir barely tapping it and cutting himself while it was still broken He pressed his finger against the blade.

IRL blades are capable of that.

It is a sharp blade, but not supernaturally so.

Pwned
Didnt see him actually apply pressure to the blade though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.