Robocop versus The Green Goblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Robocop is patrolling Old Detroit one day in his whacked out Ford Taurus cop car. He sees an explosion a few blocks away. He speeds to the scene and sees The Green Goblin (Norman Osborn Gobby) wreaking havoc.

Robocop gets out of his car, does the usual "Dead or alive, you're coming with me."

Osborn laughs and strafes Robo's car, disabling it.

Robocop and Gobby do battle. In the trunk of Robo's car is his jetpack. For this fight, Robo has the hand cannon he used on the cyber ninja for his left hand, along with his Auto-9. Gobby has all the shit he had in his movie.

Who wins?

Robtard
Decent fight.

Kinda torn, Goblin has rockets in his glider that would send Robocop plummeting down in a smoking flame, but they're not guided, iirc.

Robocop has dead-aim and that hand-attatchment had a missile or two, right?

Rogue Jedi
Dude, you tell me.

Robo has the firepower, but Gobby has speed and manueverablity.

I'm not sure I spelled that right.

BruceSkywalker
good thread..

due to fact that Gobby's missiles aren't guided and Robo is dead on, I 'd say Robo, however if Gobby's missiles somehow disable Robo's tracking system then Gobby has a slight chance...

Rogue Jedi
I'm wondering what a pumpkin bomb or three'll do to Robo.

Rogue Jedi
Also, would Auto 9 bullets pierce Gobby's armor?

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Gobby has all the shit he had in his movie.

Who wins?

Goblin.

Uses those pumpkin bombs he had in the first movie that disintegrates organic matter.

Goblin does have fire power too. He destroyed the competitor's armor/exoskeleton in one blast, and also the General and pals when they were in the bunker.

Also, Goblin can use the cable around Robo's leg and take him on a joy ride like he did to Spidey.

BruceSkywalker
I'm wondering what a pumpkin bomb or three'll do to Robo.

thought about that.. i'm not convinced a pumpkin bomb will even pierce the armor...

Also, would Auto 9 bullets pierce Gobby's armor?

well, IIRC Gobby's armor is military grade, however it was never stated whether or not the armor was bulletproof bt i am open to suggestion

Placidity
Game Over

1:12-1:20

eepZ_xow0FI

Quite a few ways Goblin could win, but I'd love to see what would happen if he tried to impale Robo with the glider.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thought about that.. i'm not convinced a pumpkin bomb will even pierce the armor...

From what i remember of them saying about the armor its Titanium Kevler or something like that

found it

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
From what i remember of them saying about the armor its Titanium Kevler or something like that

found it

Unfortunately not the bottom half of his face, which also leaves his head vulnerable via that opening.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I dont remember Goblin being a sniper ever, though...

Once Robo messes up Goblin's sled, then Goblin falls to a Robocoppy doom below.

Placidity
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah I dont remember Goblin being a sniper ever, though...

Once Robo messes up Goblin's sled, then Goblin falls to a Robocoppy doom below.

In all likeliness, it'll be the other way round. Goblin will run (or fly) circles around Robo with his glider.

Goblin doesn't really need to be a 'sniper' to hit Robo with his pumpkin bombs, he is very coordinated.

Rogue Jedi
Robo's auto tracking/aiming: Is it just with his Auto 9, or with any weapon he picks up and uses?

dadudemon
Robo's auto tracking/aiming: Is it just with his Auto 9, or with any weapon he picks up and uses?

Since the tracking occurs in his computer, not in his gun, it occurs with any weapons. However, we've never seen any compensators for other weapons such as barrel length, recoil, trajectory decay due to gravity, round velocity, slug mass, etc.

So his computer was never shown recalibrating for different guns/munitions. So, he will be effected at ranges in which all of those elements will make a significant impact.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity

Also, Goblin can use the cable around Robo's leg and take him on a joy ride like he did to Spidey. That'd be pretty stupid to do. Robo'll grab the cable and work his way towards Gobby.

the ninjak
Wouldn't a pumpkin bomb incinerate RC's mouth and interior?

Fatal damage.

Sadako of Girth
Probably not. Explosions and fire dont seem to do that to him, judging by his being ground zero in that gas station explosion in the 1st movie and other feats....his heat resistance feats are well in order...

During Robocop 2, it is mentioned that "Murphy's face" is a construct made to honour him. This might explain why he was shot in the face by that kid then later: No wound...Not to mention the fact that it didn't "kill" him either.

the ninjak
So he is completely a cyborg with a human brain underneath....interesting.

In Robocop 3 he copped enough damage to go down in that ambush by the dirty cops.

Continuous rockets to the body should do the same....maybe.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah I'm going with Robo here.

the ninjak
Yeah I'm going with Robo here.

You know what! WIth Robo's aim he blasts GG out of the sky let alone when he is stupid enough to melee him.

Robocop FT f'n W.

Placidity
That'd be pretty stupid to do. Robo'll grab the cable and work his way towards Gobby.

He ain't doing something Spidey wasn't able to do.

Placidity
I also don't see anyone saying that Robo will win responding to this:

Game Over

1:12-1:20

eepZ_xow0FI

Sadako of Girth
He ain't doing something Spidey wasn't able to do.

Robocop weighs like 10 times spideys weight.
Its possible.

Placidity
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Robocop weighs like 10 times spideys weight.
Its possible.

Doesn't it just make it harder...?

Also, what would happen if Goblin dropped him into water, like the river under the bridge in Spider-man 1. Someone that heavy surely can't stay afloat?

TheAuraAngel
I think...I'll side with Goblin. Crack shot though Robo maybe, Goblin moves at pretty decent speeds on his glider. I'm not sure Robo can get him easily

This is a good thread though. Could go either way really.

Rogue Jedi
He ain't doing something Spidey wasn't able to do. He kinda blindsided Spidey.

Darth Martin
Anyone who isn't bulletproof or capable of moving at superhuman speeds then they are likely going to lose to RoboCop. As Norman is here.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Anyone who isn't bulletproof or capable of moving at superhuman speeds then they are likely going to lose to RoboCop. As Norman is here.

Well, Norman can most certainly move at 'superhuman' speeds on his glider, and easily out-maneuvere Robo.

As for being bullet-proof or not, thats debatable.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by dadudemon
Since the tracking occurs in his computer, not in his gun, it occurs with any weapons. However, we've never seen any compensators for other weapons such as barrel length, recoil, trajectory decay due to gravity, round velocity, slug mass, etc.

So his computer was never shown recalibrating for different guns/munitions. So, he will be effected at ranges in which all of those elements will make a significant impact.

Incorporating knowledge of various weapons in to Robo's programming has most likely occured, if only to judge the threat-factor. Shown also as he handled the cobra assault cannon well and disarmed ED209 and Robocop2 by finding weak spots in their armaments.
The rest is indeed in his CPU's and servo's hands, the dopefactory shoot-out displayed well enough that where ever Robo wants a bullethole, it goes.
He could snipe Goblin from miles away given the chance, but if Gob could get close enough I'm afraid he'll fry Robo

steverules_2
Robo's autoaim usually aims for the weakest part of an enemy, if a flashbomb came at him there's a chance he'd shoot it out of the air I dunno. But I'm pretty sure robo would go for the weakest part of the glider and then most likely use his super arm weapon to blow the living f*ck out of him. If robo gets a flash bomb then I think there's a chance he'd go down from that since there's a part of him thats exposed. He wasn't able to do too well against all those cops shooting at him but he had just been fighting ED-209 and been blasted plenty of times. Dunno how robo's jet pack would fair up against Gobbys glider, speed wise that is...the jetpack had no weapons as far as I know.

Rogue Jedi
Robo's glider aint bulletproof. One Auto 9 strafe and he's ground bound.

steverules_2
Never said it was bullet proof, but then again we don't know that...no one ever shot at it erm But spider-man found the weakness of gobbys glider, pretty sure robo's auto aim would lead him to go for it

Robtard
Robo's glider aint bulletproof. One Auto 9 strafe and he's ground bound.

It was designed for military use as an attack vehicle, doubt a couple of shots will down it.

Spider-man punched into it and ripped out some internals; it was damaged, but still flight worthy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
It was designed for military use as an attack vehicle, doubt a couple of shots will down it.

Spider-man punched into it and ripped out some internals; it was damaged, but still flight worthy. Take out the thrusters, maybe?

Robtard
Take out the thrusters, maybe?

Yeah possible, just think it'll take more than a few shots to down that thing. Robo's better off trying for the opening in his face-mask, imo.

steverules_2
His auto aim would aim for that, and Robo's got perfect shooting, I use robocop 2 as a reference when his auto aim took advantage of using a door to shoot a guy in the head

The Nuul
Yeah but Robos reaction is slow shoot a human is one thing but GG flying around is another.

steverules_2
He can't dodge a bullet, chances are he might let robo shoot at him like he did with those cops thinking haha bullets can't harm me...

Rogue Jedi
Yeah possible, just think it'll take more than a few shots to down that thing. Robo's better off trying for the opening in his face-mask, imo. Ahahahahaha facial.

Blinky
Unfortunately not the bottom half of his face, which also leaves his head vulnerable via that opening.

That's up for debate.

In the first Robo OCP calls for "Full body prosthesis". Most believe the only human part of Robocop is his face (grafted on metal skull) and his brain.

Truth is that we don't know.

Rogue Jedi
So is that Murphy's face, or a synthetic one?

Robtard
We do see the bullet hole in his head, so it seems it's Murphy's real skin. But Robocop does say something like "they created this to honor Murphy". He has no problem walking through a large gasoline explosion/fire and does get shot in the face without a problem in part 2.

IMO, it's Murphy's face/skin grated over a metal skull/face and it seems to have been toughened in some manner.

Edit: as the inventor/designer said to "total body prosthesis."

steverules_2
I know this isn't canon or anything but I'm gonna mention it anyways, in robocop vs Terminator his skin on his face I think did melt off but didn't really effect him at all...but that doesn't matter here

Rogue Jedi
We do see the bullet hole in his head, so it seems it's Murphy's real skin. But Robocop does say something like "they created this to honor Murphy". He has no problem walking through a large gasoline explosion/fire and does get shot in the face without a problem in part 2.

IMO, it's Murphy's face/skin grated over a metal skull/face and it seems to have been toughened in some manner.

Edit: as the inventor/designer said to "total body prosthesis." So it ends with the flesh, and underneath is all metal? No cheekbones? What about his eyes?

Robtard
That is what seems to be implied by Robocop, Bob Morton and certain scenes and would make sense, why spend billions on making a super-cop just to have him go down by some thug getting a lucky shot at his mouth.

The eyes would seem to be synthetic too, as his vision/computer targeting is built into them; not his helmet/visor.

Rogue Jedi
Would you **** Nancy Allen? 25-35ish version?

Robtard

Her hair is unflattering, but yes.

http://www.joblo.com/images_arrownews/Nancy_Allen_robo.jpg

Rogue Jedi
I bet she could suck the chrome off google.

Blinky

Any time, any place.

Rogue Jedi
Balls resting peacefully on her chin.

Blinky
Balls resting peacefully on her chin.

On her anus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.