X-Men: First Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Venom
X-Men First Class Magneto and Professor X and full cast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5oW1HqZHY

Robtard
Saw this is another thread; not liking the Magneto costume.

The Nuul
How many threads or posts do we need on here about the same pathetic topic?

steverules_2
The mag's costume is Juggernaut all over again...

Kazenji
Can't people look in the X-men section....

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
Can't people look in the X-men section....

It's the sloppy forum.

Kazenji
Like to know why Xavier is walking around in this movie when he's suppose to be in a wheelchair.

dadudemon
Like to know why Xavier is walking around in this movie when he's suppose to be in a wheelchair.

Xavier walked around for quite some time before ending up in the chair.

Also, Xavier has gone back and forth between the chair and walking. I don't remember but I believe he can walk, currently.

the ninjak
Someone needs to sabotage this film and burn the copies.
And do it for another 4 years so Marvel can retain the rights and correct Fox's reign of terror.

Impediment
I'll leave this open since this is a movie forum, and some people in here just don't venture into the X-men and comic book movie forums.

Magneto's costume looks very 60's. This film looks just as bad as Wolverine Origins.

BruceSkywalker
i will see this, just to look at january jones

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
january jones

I've wanted to Jackson Pollack across her face since Season 1 of Mad Men.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Robtard
I've wanted to Jackson Pollack across her face since Season 1 of Mad Men.

****ing right?

She's working that push-up bra in this movie, too.

Robtard
Whatever she's working, it's ****ing working.

Lord Shadow Z
The picture of them all together didn't look that bad, maybe a bit showy but okay. The pic of Magneto alone contained a good Magneto helmet but it was a bad match-up with the costume, which looks cheap.

Esau Cairn
Reboot?

I guess Hollywood never heard of The New Mutants...

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
Xavier walked around for quite some time before ending up in the chair.

Also, Xavier has gone back and forth between the chair and walking. I don't remember but I believe he can walk, currently.

Thanks for the history lesson but i already knew all that

But this movie is suppose to be set in the 60's

so wheres his wheelchair erm

General_Iroh

Yeah and Mystique is in the x-men and Hank is in his modern day form rather than his human form erm

Bardock42

I assume that again they take inspiration from the Ultimate universe. In which I believe Xavier was paralyzed by Magneto after they had a falling out.

Adaptations don't have to be shot for shot remakes of comics, you can just read the comic again if you want that. I think this has potential, but at the moment I am not sure if I believe it will be good.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bardock42
IAdaptations don't have to be shot for shot remakes of comics, you can just read the comic again if you want that. I think this has potential, but at the moment I am not sure if I believe it will be good.

Well it would good if they took that extra effort to do it like it happens in the comic.

siriuswriter
Is James McAvoy Xavier?

Kazenji
Yes

MotionCityJimmy
Loved X-Men for what it's worth and even Wolverine but this looks.... not good... corny. We'll see.

chomperx9
Like to know why Xavier is walking around in this movie when he's suppose to be in a wheelchair. xavier wasnt born handicapped. Magneto made him that way, when they were young adults they got into a big fight.

jinXed by JaNx
I will hold my opinion until i see footage or at least more screen shots. Upon first glance the cast doesn't look to bad.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by MotionCityJimmy
Loved X-Men for what it's worth and even Wolverine but this looks.... not good... corny. We'll see.

doesn't get more corny than X-3 and Wolverine lol

Kazenji
Originally posted by chomperx9
xavier wasnt born handicapped

Captain obvious to the rescue...

Ummm no it was actually an alien named Lucifer that made that way.

MotionCityJimmy
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
doesn't get more corny than X-3 and Wolverine lol

I don't know, this one might take the cake.

Impediment
I thought that it was the Shadow King who crippled Charles.

Kazenji

steverules_2
xavier wasnt born handicapped. Magneto made him that way, when they were young adults they got into a big fight.

He was crushed by a boulder by an extraterristrial mutant known as "lucifer". Dunno how you got that answer unless thats how it happened in the ultimate universe but it had nothing to do with Magneto at all.

Bardock42
Well it would good if they took that extra effort to do it like it happens in the comic.

Like I said, that's how it happened in the Ultimate universe.

And it wouldn't necessarily be good anyways, some things that work in a comic don't work in a movie.

chomperx9
Originally posted by steverules_2
He was crushed by a boulder by an extraterristrial mutant known as "lucifer". Dunno how you got that answer unless thats how it happened in the ultimate universe but it had nothing to do with Magneto at all. ive read in many different descriptions of xavier stating that it was magneto that did it to him.

That's because you know nothing about comics Chomper

steverules_2
ive read in many different descriptions of xavier stating that it was magneto that did it to him.

I've read a storyline where Xavier said Lucifer crippled him and even mentioned how so.... no expression

chomperx9
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That's because you know nothing about comics Chomper if you know so damn much you would know that there are different versions of stories for many characters involving their past

General_Iroh
Originally posted by steverules_2
He was crushed by a boulder by an extraterristrial mutant known as "lucifer". Dunno how you got that answer unless thats how it happened in the ultimate universe but it had nothing to do with Magneto at all.
Yeah it was the ultimate universe, Magneto impaled him and severed his spine

if you know so damn much you would know that there are different versions of stories for many characters involving their past laughing out loud

chomperx9
laughing out loud of course thats your answer to everything when you know someone has made a point and you got nothing else left to say.

Darth Venom
X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZ5ZJPdG7k

looks really good

Robtard
All I know is I wanna do thing to January Jones that are illegal in some countries.

Impediment
Darth Venom, stop making duplicate threads for every single announcement that can go into the single existing thread.

Darth Venom
gfZ5ZJPdG7k

The Nuul
facepalm

Originally posted by The Nuul
facepalm

BruceSkywalker
this looks ok, i will see it

Robtard
Thanks for the post Darth Venom.

dadudemon
this looks ok, i will see it

Me too. I think it looks good.

Elfan Vaneston
Really not liking the look of this.

Esau Cairn
I'm in 2 minds about the young cast especially Patrick Stewart NOT being Prof X.

The BlackBird & submarine in mid-air scene looks awesome...I just hope that's not the highlight of the film.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Me too. I think it looks good.

same here.. i hope story and cgi are awesome

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'm in 2 minds about the young cast especially Patrick Stewart NOT being Prof X.

The BlackBird & submarine in mid-air scene looks awesome...I just hope that's not the highlight of the film.

in what should be a 2-2 1/2 hour film, there should be lots of memorable highlights

jinXed by JaNx
looks better than X3. As long as there is adequate action and character developent i'll be happy

Darth Venom
gfZ5ZJPdG7k

Kazenji
erm

Impediment
Okay, Darth Venom, consider this a formal warning for trolling the thread with multiple duplicate posts. I asked you to cease this behavior and you still haven't. Stop making duplicate threads and posts!

Esau Cairn

in what should be a 2-2 1/2 hour film, there should be lots of memorable highlights

Uhuh...try applying that statement to X3, Superman Returns or any of the Transformers movies.

The Transformers movies had a ton of memorable moments, as did Superman Returns. no expression

Esau Cairn
The Transformers movies had a ton of memorable moments, as did Superman Returns. no expression

Ok Supes saving the plane from crashing IS probably one of the best action sequences I have ever seen.

Syren
I just don't feel as excited about this as I have about the previous films. I was so looking forward to Origins: Wolverine, but that was a big fat let down. So I'm not hopeful that this will be any better. And James McAvoy as Xavier is just meh...

Impediment
This looks very generic. Most likely a DVD rental for me.

Wolfie
I'm looking forward to this more now. At first I was indifferent because of the chosen team. If the movie took place after X-Men Origins: Wolverine, it could've easily been about Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, and Storm.

Since it's taking place way before Wolverine, I can see the reason for the choice of characters. And it's cool that this movie will introduce new characters.

And if it's not "close enough to the comics" or whatever, remember that it needs to follow its own continuity. The X-Men movies so far haven't been very close to the comics, so they will only stray further and further from the specific details.

And remember that Professor X walked at the end of Wolverine. So he shouldn't lose the use of his legs in First Class.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Patrick Stewart was about 58 or so when he played Professor X in the first movie in 2000. He's 70 today.

JFK is on the TV in the trailer. So that means the movie takes place in his presidency (1961-1963). That means this prequel takes place at least 37 years before the first movie. That makes Professor X 21 years old in X-Men: First Class.

I don't think I have to say that, as good of an actor that Stewart is, he can't play a 21 year-old.

Robtard
Originally posted by Wolfie

I don't think I have to say that, as good of an actor that Stewart is, he can't play a 21 year-old.

You willing to bet your testicles on that? Cos Stewart's got magical acting skills.

steverules_2
Originally posted by General_Iroh
Yeah it was the ultimate universe, Magneto impaled him and severed his spine

I thought as much

On a different note I did kinda like the look of the trailer, not everyone seems happy which is understandable...but I think this may actually work out well, hope it does anyone

Rogue Jedi
Not sure how I feel about Xavier being played by James McAvoy.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Not sure how I feel about Xavier being played by James McAvoy.

McAvoy is a good actor, watch The Last King of Scotland and Atonement for a sample of his good work.

Rogue Jedi
Probably right. Haven't seen much of his work.

Esau Cairn

I wasn't expecting Stewart to play a 21 yr old version of Xavier.
I simply meant it was strange to see someone else in that role.

Syren
McAvoy is a good actor, watch The Last King of Scotland and Atonement for a sample of his good work.

I feel exactly the same as RJ, unsure about James McAvoy in this particular role. That's in no way related to how good of an actor I think he is. I loved him in Atonement, The Last King of Scotland I really enjoyed, in fact I'm very appreciative of McAvoy's acting skills. And his looks, obv. big grin He just doesn't feel suitable for the role of Xavier, but I know that's because whenever I think of Charles Xavier I think of Patrick Stewart because, to me, he made the character his own. He completely bowled me over. Unfortunately he's a bit old to play Xavier at this point in his life sad

Robtard
Of all the actors in this, he's the least to worry about in making a solid character performance here, imo.

Syren
Of all the actors in this, he's the least to worry about in making a solid character performance here, imo.

That's true yes Should really just assume he's going to fit, as Stewart did the first time I saw him play Xavier.

Robtard
Originally posted by Syren
That's true yes Should really just assume he's going to fit, as Stewart did the first time I saw him play Xavier.

Now watch, they'll all do a decent role but McAvoy will be utter shit. That'll be a laugh.

I do hope he does a UK accent for the role, preferably English.

Rogue Jedi
Shoulda been Vin Diesel.

Robtard
Shoulda been Vin Diesel.

Guy can't act his way out of a paper bag.

BruceSkywalker
Shoulda been Vin Diesel.

sad laughing laughing

Rogue Jedi
Guy can't act his way out of a paper bag. Jude Law.

Robtard
Jude Law.

Not a terrible idea, though I really can't see him doing Xavier justice.

McAvoy is better, imo.

Rogue Jedi
Not a terrible idea, though I really can't see him doing Xavier justice.

McAvoy is better, imo. Robert Downey Jr.

Robtard
Robert Downey Jr.

Superb actor, but again, the role, just don't know. He'd also be a bit too old to play Xavier in the 60's. People would also just see Iron Man.

Rogue Jedi
I'd see Sherlock Holmes.

Nephthys
Sherlock Holmes was such an awesome movie. Screw the haters.

Syren
Jude Law.

He doesn't have the right charisma. There's smouldering, cheeky chappy charisma (Jude Law) and a more sophisticated, brimming below the surface charisma (James McAvoy). How I see it anyway laughing out loud

Kazenji
Guy can't act his way out of a paper bag.

And its the wrong sort of movie for him anywa

unless theres a mutant in the X-men universe which would be good for Vin to play.

Wolfie
How about Kevin Bacon and Oliver Platt?

0mega Spawn
this movie is going to suck so much BAWLZ

what the phuck is up with this cast
the mutant choices ugh
oww my stomach sick

and where the phuck is toad

DarkNemesis
Meh, I just hope it's better than that detestable Origins film.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Meh, I just hope it's better than that detestable Origins film. this is going to make origins look shakespearean sick

SnakeEyes
I'm surprised at all the hate for this movie based on what I'd consider a really good trailer. Personally, I think it'll be pretty sweet. Solid director (Matthew Vaughn), awesome cast (Fassbender, particularly, owns), and it looks good, aesthetically. The only thing I'm worried about is how rushed the production's been/is.

And January Jones is hotter than anything we've seen in the previous X-Men films. wink

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'm surprised at all the hate for this movie based on what I'd consider a really good trailer. Personally, I think it'll be pretty sweet. Solid director (Matthew Vaughn), awesome cast (Fassbender, particularly, owns), and it looks good, aesthetically. The only thing I'm worried about is how rushed the production's been/is.

And January Jones is hotter than anything we've seen in the previous X-Men films. wink LOL all the trailer showed me is that magneto lifts large metallic objects... WOOOOW thats as awesome as the 50th time he did that... everybody is young and looks unusually good looking erm ... thnx twilight... oh and xavier can walk... whooopie
you'll see i tell you, you will see

Rogue Jedi
Wonder if they'll show Xavier going from walking to the wheelchair.

Nephthys
Haha, your sig has Superman inside Batman.

Inside. Lol.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Venom
X-Men First Class Magneto and Professor X and full cast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc5oW1HqZHY

I cant wait for this film.Cant wait for the scenes that have Kevin Bacon in them,him being one of my favorite actors.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

And January Jones is hotter than anything we've seen in the previous X-Men films. wink

it's because of the roster.

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
LOL all the trailer showed me is that magneto lifts large metallic objects... WOOOOW thats as awesome as the 50th time he did that... everybody is young and looks unusually good looking erm ... thnx twilight... oh and xavier can walk... whooopie
you'll see i tell you, you will see

actually no, it has nothing to do with twilight and isn't influenced by twilight in the slightest.

everybody is young and looks unusually good looking erm

Wait... don't you read ****ing comic books?

I thought you of all people would be used to that. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
Haha, your sig has Superman inside Batman.

Inside. Lol. Or maybe it's Superman on top of Batman, reverse cowboy style.

Robtard
How about Kevin Bacon and Oliver Platt?

Bacon's a great actor; I am weary of him playing Sebastian Shaw though.

Didn't know Platt was in this.

Esau Cairn
Or maybe it's Superman on top of Batman, reverse cowboy style.

Bats is all about the Missionary. stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
I like that the film's gonna have that classy look. like mad men. which'll be cool.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by -Pr-
actually no, it has nothing to do with twilight and isn't influenced by twilight in the slightest. yes it is influenced by twilight
everyone doesn't just look good i would understand that but looking good
AND looking as though you've just finished high school erm IMO is thanks to twilight

0mega Spawn
Wait... don't you read ****ing comic books?

I thought you of all people would be used to that. no expression even in comics people somewhat look their age erm
unless they are immortal of course

Almost everyone in comic books is good looking, is my point. Regardless of their age, they're all... perfect. That's kind of the vibe they want to have in these movies.

-Pr-
yes it is influenced by twilight
AND looking as though you've just finished high school erm IMO is thanks to twilight

actually it's not influenced by twilight. at all. i honestly don't know how you came to that conclusion. teen movies even in themselves were around long before those books/movies.

it's set during the early days of the x-men. they were all young back then, and people like jean and angel were impossibly good looking. so they're taking their cue from the early days of x-men to a point.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by -Pr-
actually it's not influenced by twilight. at all. i honestly don't know how you came to that conclusion. teen movies even in themselves were around long before those books/movies.

it's set during the early days of the x-men. they were all young back then, and people like jean and angel were impossibly good looking. so they're taking their cue from the early days of x-men to a point. just an opinion whistle

Kazenji
An opinion thats Waaaaaay off.

Robtard
yes it is influenced by twilight

Do you realize this is the X-Men when they first started out, so they're supposed to be younger and "good looking" is common in films. Sexy/attractive actors came long before Twilight; which coincidentally, have two 'meh' looking people as the leads.

Also don't follow the "they looks as they just finished High School." Most of the cast doesn't look that young. They look in their mid-late 20's and/or early 30's.

0mega Spawn
Do you realize this is the X-Men when they first started out, so they're supposed to be younger and "good looking" is common in films. Sexy/attractive actors came long before Twilight; which coincidentally, have two 'meh' looking people as the leads.

Also don't follow the "they looks as they just finished High School." Most of the cast doesn't look that young. They look in their mid-late 20's and/or early 30's. just an opinion ppl erm no amount of discussion will change my stance
because THIS...IS...SPARTAAA!!!* kicks rob in the chest*

but seriously they trying to cash in on teenyboppers & comic fans

Rogue Jedi
wow.

just an opinion ppl erm no amount of discussion will change my stance

but seriously they trying to cash in on teenyboppers & comic fans I don't think anyone is trying to convince you, personally, of anything.

Rather, they (we?) are showing other, normal rational people, why your opinion doesn't make any sense.

Robtard
just an opinion ppl erm no amount of discussion will change my stance

but seriously they trying to cash in on teenyboppers & comic fans

I accept your concession. /round-house to the face

Considering it's a comic-book based movie, teens and comic-fans (and kids) would be their target audience, so yes, but it has nothing to do with Twilight.

Wolfie
It has everything to do with Twilight! Twilight is influencing all of the movies we love to get prequels with younger actors! Just look at Dumb and Dumberer and Hannibal Rising!

Anyway, on a serious note.

No, it has nothing to do with Twilight. After finishing the X-Men Trilogy, Fox announced its plans for spinoffs including X-Men Origins: Magneto (no longer being made), X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men: First Class. That was before the Twilight sensation took over teenage girls.

It was up in the air for a while whether it was going to be a story about the beginning of the X-Men or a story following the students of the trilogy (Iceman, Rogue, Colossus, Angel, Kitty Pryde etc.).

Trying to cash in on teens and comic fans... that describes every superhero movie.

And there's a difference between opinions and wrong facts. To say First Class was influenced by a movie that came out after First Class was conceived isn't an opinion, it's just wrong. It's like if I was to argue 2 + 2 = 7, and I call it an opinion so I can't be wrong.

Darth Venom
Xavier and Magneto Character Posters

ip6dWiBPd3w

T.M
I like them, the reflection showing future Prof X and Magneto is pretty cool.

Wolfie
I like the reflection in the posters too. It's like the Phantom Menace poster with Anakin and his shadow was Darth Vader.

Schelster
X-men first class is full action movie where Magneto and Prof. X is friend.

BruceSkywalker
marvel has updated their posters for this...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128292--x-men-first-class-international-poster-update

T.M
These are some new posters (hopefully it works) I liked the other ones with the reflection. These just suck.

http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2011/03/2011-03-09-xmen_magneto.jpg

http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2011/03/2011-03-09-xmen_profx.jpg

Robtard
Notice how the faces are in the groin area? Yet another attempt at Hollywood trying to impress its homosexual-agenda on America's youth.

Kazenji
Rather shit posters those

compared to the first two.

DarthSaeris
Those posters were terrible. Hopefully the movie will feature a little more creativity than that.

SnakeEyes
Quite possibly the worst posters in existence. The movie will be better than them though, me thinks.

The Nuul
Fox sucks period for comicbook movies, posters or not.

Cacho36

marwash22
looks to be epic, imo.

Darth Jello
Wait, so in the movies, Havok is 20 or so years older than Cyclops? Emma Frost is an adult in the 60's and a teenager in the 80's? Also I have to question their choice in X-Men, though I love the 60's setting. When was the last time anyone saw Azazel, Darwin, or Riptide in the comics? Heh, were Unus The Untouchable and Lockheed unavailable?

marwash22
it's was established a long time ago that they don't give a crap about the source material or the continuity in their own films.

Syren
Wow, those posters are terrible.

ozziememz
looks epic, the posters have been horrible though

FistOfThe North
now i'd go watch this movie. it looks classy, for a super hero movie, no pun intended. it looks like it has a good story, with great actors in it, as well.

i forsee it being the (2009) star trek of the x-men series.

elfirrepins
I wonder what would have happened if this was released not long after X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out. I bet it would have flopped immediately. They are releasing this purely because this is the year of the superhero flick. They will probably mess it up.

bookcastle

senvyhomes

Darth Martin
This looks like it will take a humongous giant-sized shit on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The theatrical trailer is nothing short of epic.

Kazenji
Too many cooks in the kitchen i bet when that Wolverine movie got made

hope the second one does better.

bibleaudio

YoungGunna
Originally posted by ozziememz
looks epic, the posters have been horrible though

Kazenji
Well i ended up seeing this latest X-men movie and it was a very good one

8.5/10 from me

even Wolverine gets a cameo.

dadudemon
Well i ended up seeing this latest X-men movie and it was a very good one

8.5/10 from me

even Wolverine gets a cameo.

That's great! I look forward to this film.

jaden101
Saw it tonight...TBH I thought it was a bit redundant. The only saving grace is Michael Fassbender as Magneto who was the only well cast character in it. His back story and motivation is the only strong emotive thread in the film

It also completely nullifies the relationships between characters from the trilogy (obviously I'm not including origins in that lot)

The obligatory cameo from Wolverine is obviously to keep the sad fanboys happy. No need for it.

In its own right it's reasonably entertaining though...I just think that the trilogy would have been better made after this film because the relationships between Beast and Mystique as well as Mystique and Xavier would have improved the trilogy immensely.

overall...6/10.

Robtard
Too bad only a 6.

LoL at the cameo, good god they just had to do it.

jaden101
His 1 line.

"Go fvck yourselves" to Xavier and Erik.

Robtard
Edgy

S_D_J
Originally posted by jaden101
Saw it tonight...TBH I thought it was a bit redundant. The only saving grace is Michael Fassbender as Magneto who was the only well cast character in it. His back story and motivation is the only strong emotive thread in the film

It also completely nullifies the relationships between characters from the trilogy (obviously I'm not including origins in that lot)

The obligatory cameo from Wolverine is obviously to keep the sad fanboys happy. No need for it.

In its own right it's reasonably entertaining though...I just think that the trilogy would have been better made after this film because the relationships between Beast and Mystique as well as Mystique and Xavier would have improved the trilogy immensely.

overall...6/10.

I disagree:

Originally posted by S_D_J
Just got back from the theater

Loved it!

It far surpasses the original

Had a great laugh at Worlverine's cameo and Rebecca Romijn/s cameo was appreciated

what works with this movie is the characters. Charles and Erik relationship is well developed, as are most characters, though I would have prefer them to stay friends until the next movie. Even Mystique gets a great story arc, even though it may not sit all that well with the first 3 movie's established continuity.

Other than Havok being Scott's brother (though that can be changed to him being his uncle or something like that), I see no other conflict with the aforementioned continuity.

and even so, this can very much be a reboot cuz it's a damn excellent movie in it's own right.

I love Matthew Vaughn's work. Excellent director. And Singer still gets credit for it as well

besides Mystique and Xavier, which doesn't screw up her arc that much, what other relationships it nullifies?

I don't see any problem with Beast

Kazenji
Since this is the start of another x-men trilogy they're gonna have to start a relationship up with Azazel and Mystique.

jaden101
Originally posted by S_D_J
I disagree:

besides Mystique and Xavier, which doesn't screw up her arc that much, what other relationships it nullifies?

I don't see any problem with Beast

Good for you. you're entitled to disagree but it's as obvious as the nose on your face that the cameos are shoe horned in and serve no purpose at all. as far as the relationships go so far as i can recall there's no mention of any relationship between beast and mystique in any of the trilogy movies so it doesn't fit with the continuity. i May be wrong tho as I've only seen 2 and 3 once each.

As for it being a reboot. Is that necessary? How difficult can it be to just write a script that fits previous stories? we've now got 3 strands of x men movies that don't fit with each other. film goers on the whole aren't like comic readers. they don't want to follow numerous different story arcs using the same characters.

I agree that it's better than the previous x men films though but that's not a compliment given how utterly terrible they are.

Scythe
Thought it was entertaining.

S_D_J
Originally posted by jaden101
Good for you. you're entitled to disagree but it's as obvious as the nose on your face that the cameos are shoe horned in and serve no purpose at all. as far as the relationships go so far as i can recall there's no mention of any relationship between beast and mystique in any of the trilogy movies so it doesn't fit with the continuity. i May be wrong tho as I've only seen 2 and 3 once each.

As for it being a reboot. Is that necessary? How difficult can it be to just write a script that fits previous stories? we've now got 3 strands of x men movies that don't fit with each other. film goers on the whole aren't like comic readers. they don't want to follow numerous different story arcs using the same characters.

I agree that it's better than the previous x men films though but that's not a compliment given how utterly terrible they are.

just because there's no mention of any relationship it does not generate ANY conflict with any continuity: both characters are not in the same place in the third movie nor are their motivation, story arcs, there's no conflict, no need to explain anything

It seems you're trying to hard to not like this movie you're picking on an aspect that doesn't warrant it

Cameos are just that, they're not meant to take or make the movie, just as any Stan Lee cameo. Movies that use cameos to explain or resolve plot points are just lazy written (Deus Ex Machina anyone?)

They have written a script that fits nicely with the other 3 movies, the only conflict is Xavier and Mystique, but just because of backstory, both characters don't interact with each other in the following movies, it isn't that much of a problem

And they could have easily reboot the whole thing and no problem would arise, just like the last Hulk movie (spiderman isn't finished yet), but since this franchise it's own by Fox and not Marvel (the movie rights) they chose to go this way and they've done and excellent job using new characters as well as old ones. The real first class would have been Cyclops, Storm etc, not Banshee or Havok no expression

now If you didn't like the first 2 (I don't think anyone liked the 3rd) why would you like this one erm

jaden101

S_D_J

jaden101
Surely a previous relationship with someone who is now an enemy would and should be vital in what strategy you would use in dealing with that enemy. That's where the massive plot hole in the continuity comes from. It simply too glaring to merely overlook. It was the 1st thing that sprung to mind when I saw Xavier and Mystique meet as children...You can't reasonably reconcile that with what is (or in this case isn't) mentioned in the trilogy. Sure you can ignore it and take this as a stand alone film but then they shouldn't have used the cameo appearance of Wolverine played by the same actor to tie it to the trilogy which is what he does.

As for my other gripes about casting and acting. They are valid because the only interesting and relateable character is Magneto. The rest could have died and who would have cared? No one because their development was non existent and the people portraying them were frankly terrible. Including James Macavoy.

S_D_J
Let's just agree to disagree

I thought most the cast did an excellent job. Fassbender it's obviously the best since. It fell as this was Magneto Origins, but McAvoy does an excellent job as well, this isn't Patrick Stewart, he made the character his own. The scene when Xavier unlocks Erick's mother memory, is touching moment, very well acted (my gf almost cried there)
Bacon was good as well, though I preferred the way he acted at the beggining of the movie, speaking German, before Shaw.

dadudemon
I watched the film.

It took a crap all over the Marvel stories and their characters...and even their abilities. I tried to ignore that to just enjoy the film.

I give it a 7 out of 10.

Some parts were done well and it avoided that retarded cheese that seems popular in movies like this.

I also liked Magneto's motivations.

Havoc was a dewsh.

I was suprised with how well they cast Banshee. I was like..."dude, that looks like Sean Cassidy." laughing

Story was okay but felt weak. James McAvoy did not do too well as Xavier. He was too..."spunky." "But it was his younger version!!!!" Shutup. I don't care. His younger version was still very wise and, unlike the movie, not so immature and "spunky."

Wolverine's cameo was quite awesome. I loved it.

The music was okay but not great.

Cinematography was okay but not great.

Makeup was great.

I wanted to see Magneto fly and/or put up his shield...We got some floating. lol

I did like the gun "turning and firing" stuff as that was homage to the comics.

It kept me entertained so I cannot give it less than a 7. I did not like the lack of a show down with the bad guy. I mean..wtf? There's supposed to be a show down!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>