Nintendo x Capcom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
Has been taken into consideration apparently... I question how good it will be if Sakurai is in fact involved though.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148050

Phanteros
Oh god...

Cyner
this is both amazing and saddening at the same time.

Will still purchase and fap to it either way though.

RE: Blaxican
The vs. threads will be hell.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed.

No End N Site
Stupid, stupid, stupid phuckin' idea. I would rather Capcom announce SFV tomorrow and release it a week from then, than waste their resources on this shit.

Then Sakurai?! Phuckin' ridiculous. I hope this stays an idea, like Capcom VS Sammy. Which was actually a good idea at the time.

Ridley_Prime
Amen. I kinda don't mind this game happening if Sakurai doesn't have much of anything to do with it though, but chances are he will. sad

Cyner
I seriously doubt Sakurai will be able to add any value to the game. seeing a Nintendo vs Capcom game with traditional fighting mechanics will be interesting. love me some smash but maybe Link will be top tier (unless Sakurai is involved... then he'd be bottom tier)

Esomark
The Vs. Series is getting over-saturated at this point. The door is being held too widely open here.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Esomark
The Vs. Series is getting over-saturated at this point. The door is being held too widely open here.

Agreed! Bring on Darkstalkers or Project Justice, already! Nintendo VS Capcom is God awful idea and a pure travesty to the fightin' game community.

If your gonna churn out VS games for the rest of eternity, Where da phuck is Capcom VS SNK 3?! That's a real crossover. The only valid one worth a damn after Marvel.

Dynamic Entry
Nickelodeon VS Sega is still the best idea anyone ever thought up. stick out tongue

Dynamic Entry
Also at first the title looked a lot like Namco X Capcom...for some reason. O_o

General_Iroh
There are a lot of great versus games that could be made and then there's this. Mario vs. Akuma ugh, the mere thought makes me cringe.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by No End N Site
Agreed! Bring on Darkstalkers or Project Justice, already! Nintendo VS Capcom is God awful idea and a pure travesty to the fightin' game community.

If your gonna churn out VS games for the rest of eternity, Where da phuck is Capcom VS SNK 3?! That's a real crossover. The only valid one worth a damn after Marvel.

mmm project justice.. unf unf...

quadruple unf to CVS3 @_@... I'd buy that so hard

I think I'd like to see arika do a non-broken SF EX

-------------------------------

As for this crossover... with sakurai.. I think the main selling point of fighters is a finely tuned game which creates tons of replay value.. only few that are broken become cult classics..

because sakurai rages over having his shit played in tournaments.. he's the last person I'd ever go to for a new fighting game idea

Bro SMASH
I don't want this game made at all. Most of the Nintendo characters just look too...goofy looking compared to Capcom's characters. It just wouldn't look right. Mario vs. Ryu? sick DON'T WANT!

Just put Mega Man in the next Super Smash Bros. and I'll be satisfied with just that.

Cyner
Mario vs Akuma would be legit, I'd love to see that. Hopefully they balance the game well so Akuma won't get curbstomped.

Frisky Dingo
I'm with most others here. It's a silly idea. Smash is a fun set of games but it's clear Nintendo can't make a well put 2gether fighting game if their lives Dpended on it. And it would B awful 2 C most of the Nintendo cast placed N a traditional fighting game where we R forced 2 take them seriously. The characters just Rn't cool enuff.

So N other words, "Keep yur Nintendo out of my Street Fighter!" As a good man once said.

Cyner
Actually I'd love to see all of Nintendo's characters in a traditional fighting game. Most of them are just as serious as many many of the fighters in the upcoming MvC3.

Discounting the characters because they aren't directly from fighting games seems a bit odd since some of the most requested characters from the Capcom side in MvC3 are not from fighting games themselves.

As for well put together fighting games, SSB Melee is nintendo's only real example of it. However we'll see how things go in the future with their franchises.

NemeBro
There are Nintendo characters better than any character Capcom has ever dreamed of creating.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Cyner
Actually I'd love to see all of Nintendo's characters in a traditional fighting game. Most of them are just as serious as many many of the fighters in the upcoming MvC3.

Problem is, they don't have enough of them spreaded across the Grand Nintendo Spectrum that fighting game fans care to see or even know about. Nintendo would have to drag in a hell of alot of unknowns or characters from the same series to fit with Capcom's style.

Once Mario and Pokemanz enter mix (then it's already gonna be on the wii), respect points will drop to...maybe about 2.Originally posted by NemeBro
There are Nintendo characters better than any character Capcom has ever dreamed of creating.

Clearly a ridiculous opinion. Dan alone, is better than any Nintendo character. That is a fact, proven by science.

RE: Blaxican
Nintendo has good characters?

Ridley_Prime
Uh, yeah?

Bro SMASH
They should just make it a RPG game instead of a fighting game.

Frisky Dingo

Discounting the characters because they aren't directly from fighting games seems a bit odd since some of the most requested characters from the Capcom side in MvC3 are not from fighting games themselves.

As for well put together fighting games, SSB Melee is nintendo's only real example of it. However we'll see how things go in the future with their franchises.

I disagree, it just so happens 2 B that Capcom crossing with Nintendo is crappy. No hate on Nintendo, but I'm sure any fan of Capcom fighting games will agree that there R far more sensible companies that Capcom can mix with.

Win did I discount a character Bcause they Rn't directly from a fighting game, N this discussion? ALL of the characters N MVC3 R @ the very least, fighters or warriors of sum sort. Phoenix Wright is the only Dmanded character that isn't a fighter of sum kind and he's not N, nor will he ever B.

SSBB Melee was OK as a semi serious fighter but it was not on purpose nor was that game anything 2 whoop and hollar about competitively, still. The game sold close 2 10 Million units and there is still no push 4 the game 2 B Ntered @ any reputable tournies.

MooCowofJustice
Once Mario and Pokemanz enter mix (then it's already gonna be on the wii), respect points will drop to...maybe about 2.

Clearly a ridiculous opinion. Dan alone, is better than any Nintendo character. That is a fact, proven by science.

Wow. That is so wrong you just made Kevin Spacey explode.

No End N Site
Was I wrong? I mean, really? Be honest with yourself...

MooCowofJustice
Yes. Yes you were. Honestly, I can see the headlines now.

"Kevin Spacey In More Pieces Than Jigsaw Puzzle"

No End N Site
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Yes. Yes you were. Honestly, I can see the headlines now.

"Kevin Spacey In More Pieces Than Jigsaw Puzzle"

Must be pretend time. Okay, let play.

"Stop pickin' up those damn pieces of Kevin Spacy and join me im my Rocket Ship (that is really just a cardboard box)! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE MOON!!! To get candy from bunnies.

MooCowofJustice
Cute. It's just too bad that your personal views towards Mario and Pokemon don't make you correct, because you are just one misguided individual.

I've no doubt that there are many others like you, but there are just as many of us that see the light.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Win did I discount a character Bcause they Rn't directly from a fighting game, N this discussion? ALL of the characters N MVC3 R @ the very least, fighters or warriors of sum sort. Phoenix Wright is the only Dmanded character that isn't a fighter of sum kind and he's not N, nor will he ever B. Are you under the impression Nintendo lacks warriors or fighters?

Zack Fair
Nintendo can go to hell for all I care.

Just add Samus and Link to the next SF or whatever fighting game capcom decides to release for the nintendo console.

No End N Site
Cute. It's just too bad that your personal views towards Mario and Pokemon don't make you correct, because you are just one misguided individual.

I've no doubt that there are many others like you, but there are just as many of us that see the light.

So, are we being serious now? Sounds like we're still kiddin' around.

This is gonna be Nintendo VS Capcom. Hopefully, the fighting engine will be akin MVC...or TVC. O'course Nintendo's in it, so it's gonna be a Wii exclusive. Hey wait a minute, that's the same console TVC is on! That was a really good game no one respects and not anywhere near as many people bought (should have bought it, it was good)...all cuz of the "Wii-Factor". But wait, Mario Pikachu and Link are in it! Kids all around the world will buy this game, see that it's not at all like Samsh and take it right back to the store.

It's on the Wii, so SF and MVC fans aint gonna buy it and/or take it serious. So I'm just gonna sit back and lmbao at the sad truth. Don't mind me.

MooCowofJustice
See there it is again, you're still wrong. You're so full of shit it's hilarious and you just can't see it. eek!

NemeBro
To be fair he is right.

This won't make much money, and personally, am not that enthusiastic about it either.

MooCowofJustice
I think it would do better than both of you expect. This game is not in the same situation as TVC like he thinks.

No End N Site
See there it is again, you're still wrong. You're so full of shit it's hilarious and you just can't see it. eek!

Don't listen to me then, listen to Nemebro...

It's not even a diss at Nintendo, I'm just tellin' you that most Wii owners do not respect the genre and most fans of the genre don't respect Nintendo when it comes to fighters. Just sayin' Capcom can do alot better if they wanna make cash. And seriously another crossover. You gonna do MVC, SFXTK, and then NVSC all in a row? Ridiculous.

NemeBro
Don't listen to me then, listen to Nemebro...

It's not even a diss at Nintendo, I'm just tellin' you that most Wii owners do not respect the genre and most fans of the genre don't respect Nintendo when it comes to fighters. Just sayin' Capcom can do alot better if they wanna make cash. And seriously another crossover. You gonna do MVC, SFXTK, and then NVSC all in a row? Ridiculous. The last bit is what bugs me most. Too many crossovers.

And yeah, fact is most Wii owners do not respect the genre, they are casuals.

MooCowofJustice
Granted, I haven't been involved in the game for a long time, but I'm pretty sure that Brawl still has some of the biggest tournaments around. There is a large niche for Nintendo fighters.

And I wasn't including all those anime fighting games they pump out. All of the Naruto ones, all of the DBZ ones, possibly Bleach, and I am pretty sure there are some more around that I don't know about. All of them get players.

No End N Site
I think it would do better than both of you expect. This game is not in the same situation as TVC like he thinks.

Not the same situation, but similar. I bet you this game wouldn't even reach SFIV's level of success.
Granted, I haven't been involved in the game for a long time, but I'm pretty sure that Brawl still has some of the biggest tournaments around. There is a large niche for Nintendo fighters.

And I wasn't including all those anime fighting games they pump out. All of the Naruto ones, all of the DBZ ones, possibly Bleach, and I am pretty sure there are some more around that I don't know about. All of them get players.

No Brawl does not. Evo destroys ALL tournaments of every genre (maybe not those damn RTS tournies). Even the Halo tournies can't pull in a crowd the way MVC2 or Blazblue can (didn't even mention SFIV or Tekken 6, the juggernauts). The genre's still niche, but the fanbases are very loud and active.

And those anime fighters are not really fighters in the same vein as Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by NemeBro
The last bit is what bugs me most. Too many crossovers.

And yeah, fact is most Wii owners do not respect the genre, they are casuals.

Just three crossovers is too many? That's not even enough.

NemeBro
Four if you consider the fact that the SF/Tekken crossover is in fact two games.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Just three crossovers is too many? That's not even enough.

Hell yes it is when you already have, almost, 10 other fighting IPs you could be working on, turning into the next big hit. And three? I coulda sworn we got the re-release of MVC2 AND TVC shortly before SFIV. That's 5. Not countin' TKXSF cuz that's Namco's animal.

Bro SMASH
Well that's still not enough if you ask me but that could be because I still haven't gotten the crossovers I want, such as Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat and Shonen Jump vs. Capcom. I'm sick of waiting on both of those crossovers, which is another reason why I don't want this Nintendo x Capcom game to happen.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Well that's still not enough if you ask me but that could be because I still haven't gotten the crossovers I want, such as Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat and Shonen Jump vs. Capcom. I'm sick of waiting on both of those crossovers, which is another reason why I don't want this Nintendo x Capcom game to happen.

I don't wanna see anymore crossovers for the next five years, period (CVS3 is an exception). Still, the ones you mentioned make far more sense than what's floatin around now. And I would like to see them...some day...

Cyner
the reason TVC didn't sell well is because no one knows any of the T set of characters beyond the very niche market of anime lovers.

Heck introduce NvC and watch as people who enter the fighting game genre through it, branch out to other fighting games across the board.

I do it with Brawl right now, it's an entry point for many many people who may have not played fighters before. Once I see who the competitive players are I introduce them to Melee, once they get grounded in that a bit I show them Blazblue... and from there they find their way to other fighters and settle in on the ones they like.

NvC would get brand/character recognition all day long and could very well be someones first introduction to 2D fighters. I would hope that the gameplay is good enough to be hosted at Evo/MLG/whatever but even if it's not the case you're hoping that something like that will be a gateway game.

Edit: I am in no way familiar with what Shonen jump could offer to a fighting game

MooCowofJustice
Not the same situation, but similar. I bet you this game wouldn't even reach SFIV's level of success.

No Brawl does not. Evo destroys ALL tournaments of every genre (maybe not those damn RTS tournies). Even the Halo tournies can't pull in a crowd the way MVC2 or Blazblue can (didn't even mention SFIV or Tekken 6, the juggernauts). The genre's still niche, but the fanbases are very loud and active.

And those anime fighters are not really fighters in the same vein as Guilty Gear or Soul Calibur.

And I will bet against you.

Don't lie to me just to be right.

Now you're confusing "real fighter" with "traditional fighter."

NemeBro

Now you're confusing "real fighter" with "traditional fighter." Moo please leave.

Bro SMASH
I don't wanna see anymore crossovers for the next five years, period (CVS3 is an exception). Still, the ones you mentioned make far more sense than what's floatin around now. And I would like to see them...some day...

Yeah, I usually think up crossovers that make sense and believe what could possibly be a success. I've been thinking up those two for so many years that I get frustrated if another Capcom crossover game happen instead of one of them.

Nintendo x Capcom is one crossover I DON'T think makes sense and really don't want to see. All I want is Mega Man in the next Super Smash Bros. game. If they make a RPG out of this, then I'd be okay with that but a fighting game isn't the right direction.

No End N Site
the reason TVC didn't sell well is because no one knows any of the T set of characters beyond the very niche market of anime lovers.

Heck introduce NvC and watch as people who enter the fighting game genre through it, branch out to other fighting games across the board.

I do it with Brawl right now, it's an entry point for many many people who may have not played fighters before. Once I see who the competitive players are I introduce them to Melee, once they get grounded in that a bit I show them Blazblue... and from there they find their way to other fighters and settle in on the ones they like.

NvC would get brand/character recognition all day long and could very well be someones first introduction to 2D fighters. I would hope that the gameplay is good enough to be hosted at Evo/MLG/whatever but even if it's not the case you're hoping that something like that will be a gateway game.

Edit: I am in no way familiar with what Shonen jump could offer to a fighting game

They knew who the "C" side was. They new it was made by Capcom. That's really all they needed. Problem was, it was on the Wii.

I don't think so.

Good luck with that.

Yea it would, but that's not really gonna matter. No body takes fighters on the Wii seriously.

Shonen Jump has alot of serious characters that people actually wanna see fight Capcom.

I don't mean sound like an ass (and I know I'm commin' off that way) but the stuff you guys are sayin' is just not true or very realistic.

No End N Site

Now you're confusing "real fighter" with "traditional fighter."

And you will lose, lol.

If I'm right, how is it a lie?

No...that is not true. None of the fighters you named are traditional and no one takes those fighters seriously. They are still fighters, just not the interesting-stand the stand the test of time-fighters.Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Yeah, I usually think up crossovers that make sense and believe what could possibly be a success. I've been thinking up those two for so many years that I get frustrated if another Capcom crossover game happen instead of one of them.

Nintendo x Capcom is one crossover I DON'T think makes sense and really don't want to see. All I want is Mega Man in the next Super Smash Bros. game. If they make a RPG out of this, then I'd be okay with that but a fighting game isn't the right direction.

I really don't care what crossovers they make (MK and SJ sound good, tho), they are business and they'll do what they need to do. I just say, lets get the serious shit out the way. Give me Darkstalkers 4 & Rivalschools and you can make Capcom VS The King James Bible after that. Just make sure you touch bases with your true base 1st. I mean, they aint gotta make these new games on the spot, but shell out a few PSN and Live editions. Scope the scene a bit.

MooCowofJustice
I knew that people who play traditional tend to get pretentious when it comes to games like Brawl, but damn.

Loads of people take them seriously. If the Brawl community has died down, they still play Melee or are playing something else. But it was very big, for a very long time. And Melee is still around as well.

No End N Site
I knew that people who play traditional tend to get pretentious when it comes to games like Brawl, but damn.

Loads of people take them seriously. If the Brawl community has died down, they still play Melee or are playing something else. But it was very big, for a very long time. And Melee is still around as well.

You still at it, man?! Fine dude, whatever you say. As long as you think it's true, that's all that matters. God Bless you, man.

-edit-
I do play ALL the Smash games, just so you know.

MooCowofJustice
Dude, if you play the freakin' Smash games how can you honestly tell me I'm wrong? Good god.

NemeBro
Because you are, obviously. smile

MooCowofJustice
Don't worry, Neme. He's already been pretentious enough for this argument. You can have the next one.

No End N Site
Dude, if you play the freakin' Smash games how can you honestly tell me I'm wrong? Good god.

Cuz I play Smash and all the other fighting games, too...You just play Smash...That's how I can tell you you're wrong, which isn't even an opinion anymore.

Frisky Dingo
Good luck with that.

I loled so hard @ yur response cause I no Xactly what U'R thinking. "Did he say, he get's them on with Melee and then put them on Blazblue?!"

God! That's terrible. I no BB is VERY EZ 2 get N2 on the surface but after that, it is VERY, VERY serious. I'dee rather give a noob KOF12 than give them Blazblue as a gateway game. LOL Shit gets VERY VERY real. He literally takes them from lvl 10 to 1000. Thank god he didn't use Guilty Gear, they would hate him and the genre 4ever!

On a side note, did U C what Flash Metroid said about your man, Eddie? U need 2 C it!

Cyner
In the same way Melee is very easy to get into on the surface but is amazingly deep and things do get very serious with it also.

I'm already guilty of taking them "to 1000" by having them play Melee.

ScreamPaste
The smash games actually do have great depth, particularly melee. Watch Germ go to work and try to tell me otherwise. There's a lot to them.

No End N Site
In the same way Melee is very easy to get into on the surface but is amazingly deep and things do get very serious with it also.

I'm already guilty of taking them "to 1000" by having them play Melee.

Melee is no where near close to Blazblue. I am lol so hard right now!
Melee is about as deep as an FPS.

No End N Site
On a side note, did U C what Flash Metroid said about your man, Eddie? U need 2 C it!

What did Flash say 'bout Eddie? Talkin' bull $h!t, huh?

Frisky Dingo
Dont get me wrong, Melee has depth, not enuff 2 compare 2 BB, tho. Not even close. Evry1 who picked up Melee form the FG tourney scene, put the game back down, and said it was shit @ a competitive lvl win compared 2 the much better fighters on the market.

Honestly, N comparison 2 traditional fighters, SSBM is rather shitty. I would put it on the lvl of DBZ games.
What did Flash say 'bout Eddie? Talkin' bull $h!t, huh?

Watch the latest episode of CrossCounterTV.

No End N Site
Cross Counter, eh?

ScreamPaste
Melee is no where near close to Blazblue. I am lol so hard right now!
Melee is about as deep as an FPS. So, you're bad, never played Melee?

No End N Site
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
So, you're bad, never played Melee?

Ya'know, you can't really enter a discussion and attempt to contribute to it and have 0 knowledge on an entire half of that discussion.

You should leave smile

ScreamPaste
So, you mean you've never played a traditional fighting game? Have, I'm not the one bashing a game. Play Melee at tournaments, like, oh, Cyner, and you'll spot a lot of depth. And yet you talk down to him, but he plays BB and Melee. I lol'd.

You bash smash games but you've clearly never played one competitively.

Cyner
I wouldn't say they are completely bashing it but like Moo they are speaking from a position that has a lack of knowledge on half of the discussion going on here.

I play

GG:X2
GG:AC+
DoA4
SC4
SC2
MvC2
SSBB
SSBM
BB:CS
EC:CFtDS

I can confidently say that the only game series on my currently playing list that takes more skill to play than Melee is Guilty Gear.

I love fighters, I love traditional fighters, I love non traditional fighters, I love 2D fighters, I love 3D fighters. Mostly though, I spend too much money/time on fighting games...

No End N Site
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Have, I'm not the one bashing a game. Play Melee at tournaments, like, oh, Cyner, and you'll spot a lot of depth. And yet you talk down to him, but he plays BB and Melee. I lol'd.

You bash smash games but you've clearly never played one competitively.

I'm not bashin' either. I've said Smash is exceptionally entertainin' on several occasions and that the original and Melee holds a very special place in my heart. A good place. I've tried to drop this discussion once before as well. But your constant badgerin' leaves me no choice but to tell you the truth.

I just know that you guys are really hardcore Nintendo fans and are really hypin' these games to levels they are not at. Just because you claim to be at tourney level doesn't mean you can stretch the truth to people about how deep a game is. No matter what he says. Facts are facts. These games weren't pushed to the side and/or flat-out dropped from major tournies or for no reason, especially when they are so popular in mainstream.

No End N Site
is Guilty Gear.

And that right there showed me you shouldn't be enterin' discussions like this, cuz you had MVC2 on that list and said GG was harder. Lulz!

Kinda is when you 1st start out, though. So that's a point for you smile

Frisky Dingo
Ya'know, you can't really enter a discussion and attempt to contribute to it and have 0 knowledge on an entire half of that discussion.

You should leave smile

I'm sure they have played other games, but I'm also sure none of them actually took the time 2 learn a thing or 2 2 actually get better, so that they can beat their friends.

Phanteros
A bunch of Fighter elitist in here.

No End N Site
I'm sure they have played other games, but I'm also sure none of them actually took the time 2 learn a thing or 2 2 actually get better, so that they can beat their friends.

It's just very hard to take them seriously when they say things akin to what SRK and eventscrub trolls say. The lack of knowledge on the half of the discussion is clearly visible. It's not like any of us here said the game was noobish, scrubby, trash or anything like that. But when you say a game has more depth than BB when it doesn't even exceed SFII in depth and difficulty. You really need to learn your stuff.

And I aint gonna stunt like I'm a beast at any game (my hands ruin my stride to greatness) but some of this stuff, you should really know.

Frisky Dingo
It's just very hard to take them seriously when they say things akin to what SRK and eventscrub trolls say. The lack of knowledge on the half of the discussion is clearly visible. It's not like any of us here said the game was noobish, scrubby, trash or anything like that. But when you say a game has more depth than BB when it doesn't even exceed SFII in depth and difficulty. You really need to learn your stuff.

And I aint gonna stunt like I'm a beast at any game (my hands ruin my stride to greatness) but some of this stuff, you should really know.

Sounds agreeable. And I must say, I can attest 2 that last statement. U R not a beast. Your Eddie and Q-Bee R scrubby.

And U might B good @ the Smash games if U STOPPED PICKING LINK! ROFL.

SaTsuJiN
Melee is still the most tournament viable game of the series.. but thats honestly not saying a whole lot

However to say That it matches blazblue is just damn ridiculous.. hell, I cant stand blazblue but despite it being a very shallow guilty gear.. it still has more depth than friggin smash (even with the sluggish speed and lame combos.. and arakune..)

..ugh.. wish sammy would make a new GG...

in any case.. I doubt this particular game will get any hype whatsoever.. especially with whiny ***** sakurai

No End N Site
Sounds agreeable. And I must say, I can attest 2 that last statement. U R not a beast. Your Eddie and Q-Bee R scrubby.

And U might B good @ the Smash games if U STOPPED PICKING LINK! ROFL. My Eddie and Q-Bee get the job done! Sooooo...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3268/23232621i044d2ym.jpg

And I'm no tier whore like you, I play with who I like, 1st and foremost. If I main low tiers and win, chalk it up to SKILLZ! SON!

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Melee is still the most tournament viable game of the series.. but thats honestly not saying a whole lot

However to say That it matches blazblue is just damn ridiculous.. hell, I cant stand blazblue but despite it being a very shallow guilty gear.. it still has more depth than friggin smash (even with the sluggish speed and lame combos.. and arakune..)

..ugh.. wish sammy would make a new GG...

in any case.. I doubt this particular game will get any hype whatsoever.. especially with whiny ***** sakurai

What, you diss BB, You gotta get dead!

GG is dead! Sega's never gonna make a new GG. They should give the series to Arcsys.

Cyner
That's certainly one thing I can agree on. I play low tiers all day long and I still do well. Get at me.

SaTsuJiN
part of me wishes I was a tier whore..

I wound up liking Order sol.. adon in super.. samus in brawl.. ugh.. the agony.. I should srsly sell my tears.. QQ

No End N Site
Like I say, if you're not playin' for cash or anything of value, there's no need for it. Some games though, you aint gotta choice *cough*MVC2*cough*. It's never fun gettin' your ass straight-beat in that game.

StyleTime
Ahh. A tier discussion. Casually, I'll pick whoever I like obviously; however, I don't feel comfortable picking low tiers during actual competition unless the game is really balanced.

Fortunately for me, my favorite characters are usually mid tier and above anyway. I got lucky like that I guess.

Scythe
I sooooo wish I had a good internet connection. I compete in local SF 4, GG:X2, SSBB, MvC2 and SCIV tourneys and I do alright. Most of the time I win or place highly in the MvC2 and SF 4 ones and do "alright" in the rest. I would soooo freakin' love to take you guys on. If I visit a friend's house to freeload the wi-fi, expect a PM from me to throwdown.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I have played other fighters. But I just can't stand Tekken or Soul Calibur. I like Street Fighter but I'm just not good at it. And no, I never bothered to learn. But from what I've heard, nobody but us Nintendo fans have bothered to learn Melee or Brawl.

SaTsuJiN
What, you diss BB, You gotta get dead!

GG is dead! Sega's never gonna make a new GG. They should give the series to Arcsys.

XD well the issue is no matter how many times I try to play it and like it.. it doesnt seem to click with me at all

and yeah thats what I meant (to return it to Ark).. I forgot sammy was just the publisher (or am I still confused XD)

as for the smashes.. I've only ever played samus in each of em.. and yet despite her being at her best in melee.. I thought she played like shit, and loved her style in brawl... shame about the tripping, and effing zeldas 10 foot thick wall of impenetrable explosive glitter.. its like she constantly has a piccolo hellzone grenade going

CSaqtxY098Q

Ridley_Prime

And U might B good @ the Smash games if U STOPPED PICKING LINK! ROFL.
Let's do this, you and me! No items, Fox only, final destination!!

Originally posted by Phanteros
A bunch of Fighter elitist in here.
If the elitists are what make Sakurai against people playing his stuff competitively as much as he does, then I can kind of see where he's coming from, for once.

/thread

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Let's do this, you and me! No items, Fox only, final destination!!

O that same old tune. Fox on FD. Win sum1 says that, they want a serious throw down.Originally posted by No End N Site
Cross Counter, eh?

So have U seen it, yet? LOL

killermover
Cross Edge needs to have seqel come out.

No End N Site
Cross Edge had some nice art, but it was shit.
So have U seen it, yet? LOL

Yea, I seen dat shit! Ma'phuckaz just hatin' on Eddie's greatness!

Bro SMASH
You know, I've been wondering, what Nintendo villain would make a good final boss for this game, besides Master Hand?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.