Battle of the Ancient Badasses!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Maximus from Gladiator:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/226/maximusp.th.jpg

---

Leonidas from 300:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5975/leowt.th.jpg

---

Spartacus and Crixus from the Starz series Spartacus: Blood and Sand (assume they are working together well):

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1733/spartacuszv.th.jpg http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3831/crixus.th.jpg

---

Achilles from Troy:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2637/achilles.th.jpg

---

-They all square off in the Colosseum of ancient Rome.
-Each combatant is equipped with the same gear: a long spear, a bronze shield, and a short sword. NO armor.

Who comes out on top?

The Nuul
Achilles is too skilled and cannot be touched.

Galan007
Hmm, I don't know about that... But IF the consensus is that Achilles can defeat all of the others without much effort, then exclude him from this match.

Rogue Jedi
Include Conan.

TheAuraAngel
This thread is in danger of getting closed so quickly put the combatants on teams.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Include Conan. Never. none

The Nuul
Originally posted by Galan007
Hmm, I don't know about that... But IF the consensus is that Achilles can defeat all of the others without much effort, then exclude him from this match.

He beats the most skilled of fighters with ease. Only the Achilles heel trick can beat him. No one in this thread is doing that.

Galan007
Originally posted by The Nuul
Only the Achilles heel trick can beat him. I doubt very much that Achilles from the movie Troy could have 'tanked' a sword to the throat. Keep in mind that we aren't talking about the Achilles of lore.

Regardless, if he is too much for the others from a skill standpoint, then exclude him from the match.

The Nuul
I doubt very much that Achilles from the movie Troy could have 'tanked' a sword to the throat. Keep in mind that we aren't talking about the Achilles of lore.

Regardless, if he is too much for the others from a skill standpoint, then exclude him from the match.

He doesnt have to tank because hes not getting touched, his skill is too good.

Galan007

The Nuul
He is, so he shouldnt be here then.

Galan007
then exclude him from the match. Fourth times a charm?

jaden101
Achilles would pretty much rape here...If you're including TV characters then you should take out Achilles and add in Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus from Rome. They had plenty of fight scenes to be judged on.

As it stands excluding Achillies I think Maximus has enough individual skill where as Leonidas I think would fall quite quickly as the Spartan's strength was in working together...Granted there is that one scene where he does a fair bit of damage but compared to when Maximus walks out into the small arena and lays waste to several gladiators by himself then Leonidas' skill falls short.

I'll admit to not having seen any of Blood and Sand yet (something that will be getting rectified shortly)

Going back to Achilles

6nAVAUcRoEk&feature=related

Says it all really.

Lord Lucien
Throw in Vorenus and Pullo (though they're a TV show), and have everyone team up on Achilles.

Best fight ever.

Galan007
Originally posted by jaden101
I'll admit to not having seen any of Blood and Sand yet (something that will be getting rectified shortly) The series itself was quite good, imo. Not the best graphics I've ever seen, but I dug the plot a lot (and the constant nudity certainly didn't hurt either.) thumb up

As for Spartacus' skill, his best personal feat (imo) was consecutively owning/killing 5-6 armed Roman soldiers with nothing but a wooden training sword -- and Crixus had pretty much the same skill level. Granted, I don't think either one has enough personal skill to hang with the other combatants for long, but both of them working together have some serious potential.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Throw in Vorenus and Pullo (though they're a TV show) Not familiar enough with them to put them in a thread.

the ninjak
Archilles win this.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by the ninjak
Archilles win this. Or as I like to call him: "Archie".

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101

I'll admit to not having seen any of Blood and Sand yet (something that will be getting rectified shortly)

The CGI blood is ridiculous the first 5-6 episodes to the point that it's annoying, but it gets toned down later in.

Series starts getting good around then, still sex/violence orientated indulgence, but the story improves.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
The CGI blood is ridiculous the first 5-6 episodes to the point that it's annoying, but it gets toned down later in.

Series starts getting good around then, still sex/violence orientated indulgence, but the story improves. Send.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.