Women Outnumber Men by 3 To 1 Ratio?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StarCraft2
Just sat to a driving school for speeding. They mention that all over the world.. not just USA... population is now 3:1 ratio.. there are more women than men.

my guess is the war thats been going on getting guys killed.
my other guess is that men tend to be a risk taker therefore they tend to do things that get them killed.
my other other guess is that men are producing more x chromosome carrying sperm than y chromosome.

i dunno, go figure

AbnormalButSane
We're getting rid of you. One by one.

LanceWindu
You have to look at the chromosomes, women have XX and men have XY. The Y is the lone chromosome, so it's going to come up less often. You're more likely to have a girl than a boy by 75%.

There's a graph that can show it easier than I can explain it, but I can't find it and I'm too lazy to draw it out.

Dave_97
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
We're getting rid of you. One by one.

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...
Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
We're getting rid of you. One by one. Soon I'll be the only one left. Get it?

Insomniatric
I'm glad to hear the world is not a sausage fest

dadudemon
That's false.

Females do not outnumber males, 3 to 1. It's not even 2 to 1.

http://www.geohive.com/earth/pop_gender.aspx

3,442,850,573 Males

and

3,386,509,865 females

That's more males than females.

Even if they got those labels backwards, it's still very close.

There's definitely much more males in China than females.

However, the US has more females than males.

Insomniatric
Dammit the world is a sausage fest

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's false.

Females do not outnumber males, 3 to 1. It's not even 2 to 1.

http://www.geohive.com/earth/pop_gender.aspx

3,442,850,573 Males

and

3,386,509,865 females

That's more males than females.

Even if they got those labels backwards, it's still very close.

There's definitely much more males in China than females.

However, the US has more females than males. U mad, bro?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Insomniatric
Dammit the world is a sausage fest

That's good for RJ because he likes the WEEEEEENAR WEEEENAR WEEEENAR.

Rogue Jedi
That's good for RJ because he likes the WEEEEEENAR WEEEENAR WEEEENAR.

B8Xb9GxGC2M&feature=fvw

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
B8Xb9GxGC2M&feature=fvw

I believe this is what siren you were looking for:

n9cB3BNr_vI

Rogue Jedi
Nah, mine's better.

dadudemon
Nah, mine's better.

Better sound, sure, but the siren is all wrong.

Rogue Jedi
Better sound, sure, but the siren is all wrong. No, actually that sounds just as I imagined it would.

I was the one who compared weenar to the sound first, so my word is law.

LAW.

dadudemon
No, actually that sounds just as I imagined it would.

I was the one who compared weenar to the sound first, so my word is law.

LAW.

This is where I've got you:

you lie.

The impersonation you did of the siren, sounds like the siren youtube vid that I found: not yours.

Yours is too fast and it has a difference/break in the time of the high versus low pitch.

You pride too big to admit that mine is better?

U mad, bro?

Rogue Jedi
This is where I've got you:

you lie.

The impersonation you did of the siren, sounds like the siren youtube vid that I found: not yours.

Yours is too fast and it has a difference/break in the time of the high versus low pitch.

You pride too big to admit that mine is better?

U mad, bro? Mine sounds like an anxious, immature weenar.

You've got shit.

dadudemon
You've got shit.

U mad, bro? awesome

Rogue Jedi
Nope, I made poopoo.

Sancty
Originally posted by StarCraft2
Just sat to a driving school for speeding. They mention that all over the world.. not just USA... population is now 3:1 ratio.. there are more women than men.

my guess is the war thats been going on getting guys killed.
my other guess is that men tend to be a risk taker therefore they tend to do things that get them killed.
my other other guess is that men are producing more x chromosome carrying sperm than y chromosome.

i dunno, go figure
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8nlnxNeJS1qau1vg.gif

Bardock42
How bad must a thread be for dadudemon to be the voice of reason...Originally posted by LanceWindu
You have to look at the chromosomes, women have XX and men have XY. The Y is the lone chromosome, so it's going to come up less often. You're more likely to have a girl than a boy by 75%.

There's a graph that can show it easier than I can explain it, but I can't find it and I'm too lazy to draw it out.

Please tell me you are joking.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Bardock42
How bad must a thread be for dadudemon to be the voice of reason...

Please tell me you are joking.

Nope

Peach
Well, considering that what you posted was dead wrong...

Women always contribute an X chromosome, so that's not part of the chance calculations - it's set. Men can contribute either. It's just a plain 50/50 chance.

This is not a case where Punnet squares work or are relevant. Though 95% of genetics is more complex than Punnet squares would lead you to believe.

StarCraft2
Well women outnumber men still. due to guys getting killed more often,

its a pink taco world we live in, no longer sausage fest.

Bardock42
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Nope

Well, you are incorrect then. If you look at it just from the possibilities it is 50/50. Women always contribute an X chromosome and men either contribute an X or a Y.

In practice it is actually slightly likelier that a y chromosome is contributed. However, due to male fetuses having an incresed mortality rate it even out towards the end of pregnancy.

Further on the thread, as far as i had heard before women slightly outnumbered men, which is down to them on average living longer. However they face incredible problems, especially in third world countries, where killing of women, for example for inheritence reasons, is very common as well as selective abortions. Other examples are the honor killings in middle eastern and latin american countries.

Bardock42
Well women outnumber men still. due to guys getting killed more often,

its a pink taco world we live in, no longer sausage fest.

...you should perhaps educate yourself on the subject, before speaking in such an authorative manner.

StarCraft2
PROOF THAT 3:1 Women more than Men
http://gothschlampen.com/~tk/mega_milk_1227708909470.jpg

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Peach
Well, considering that what you posted was dead wrong...

Women always contribute an X chromosome, so that's not part of the chance calculations - it's set. Men can contribute either. It's just a plain 50/50 chance.

This is not a case where Punnet squares work or are relevant. Though 95% of genetics is more complex than Punnet squares would lead you to believe.

Damn, that's the name of the "graph" I was thinking of.

I am proved wrong. yes

DarkC
Originally posted by Insomniatric
I'm glad to hear the world is not a sausage fest

StarCraft2
Correction for the person above
Originally posted by DarkC
I'm glad to hear the world is a sausage fest laughing

Rogue Jedi
PROOF THAT 3:1 Women more than Men
http://gothschlampen.com/~tk/mega_milk_1227708909470.jpg Bewbz!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Sancty
This thread... idek What the f**k?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_ratio

In humans the secondary sex ratio (ratio at birth) is commonly assumed to be 105 boys to 100 girls (which sometimes is shortened to "a ratio of 105"wink.

In human societies, however, sex ratios at birth or among infants may be considerably skewed by sex-selective abortion.

The CIA estimates that the current world wide sex ratio at birth is 107 boys to 100 girls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion_and_infanticide

Sex-selective abortion has been seen as worsening the sex ratio in India, affecting gender issues related to sex compositions of Indian households. According to the 2001 census, the sex-ratio in India is 107.8 males per 100 females, up from 105.8 males per 100 females in 1991.

It is possible that sex-selective abortions have caused an increase in the imbalances between sex ratios of various Asian countries. Studies have estimated that prenatal sex selection has increased the ratio of males to females from the natural average of 105-106 males per 100 females to 113 males per 100 females in both South Korea and China, 110 males per 100 females in Taiwan and 107 males per 100 females among Chinese populations living in Singapore and parts of Malaysia.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/xx.html#People

According the the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency there are 3,323,608,139 men & 3,278,616,036 women in the world as of July 2007.

The only age group that has more women than men are those who are over the age of 65.

at birth: 1.07 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.07 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1.02 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.79 male(s)/female

total population: 1.01 male(s)/female (2009 est.)

Rogue Jedi
Bewbz!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

ADarksideJedi
I had also heard that woman outlive man most of the time so that could be the reason as well.

Sancty
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I had also heard that woman outlive man most of the time so that could be the reason as well.
It's not true, there are more men. Though women do live longer, yes.

The title of this thread should be fixed if people are actually going to believe it's true. 3 to 1 ratio awehawe

ADarksideJedi
I meant by saying that we live longer as for being more not sure.and yes the thread should be changed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.