Destroyer Armor Odin VS Tenebrous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins here

Sirius77
Odin in a stomp. Better feats, better implied and shown power.

TheTyrant
Tenebrous stomps.

Originally posted by Sirius77
Odin in a stomp. Better feats, better implied and shown power.

Yea, he totally wrecked the celestials and stuff. Oh wait...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cutting off limbs would be a fair bit more effective against this opponent I wager.

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Tenebrous stomps.

erm

Tenebrous would have fared no better against the fourth Celestial Host than Odin did.

Fun fact: At the time, Celestials were above Galactus and his ilk. Next step in the cosmic food chain. Which is why I find it so baffling when people use that fight as evidence that Odin is below Tenebrous level characters and such. He was facing an entire host of Celestials in their first introduction to mainstream Marvel at his lowest level of power since his creation I'd wager.

zopzop
Is this the 2000ft Destroyer with Odin and all the Asgardians in it? Cause he'd stomp Teneberous AND Aegis combined.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Fun fact: At the time, Celestials were above Galactus and his ilk. Next step in the cosmic food chain.

How?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's what the writers in the Thor office considered them to be in the cosmic food chain at the time apparently. Probably the reason why there's people who believe even an average Celestial is above Galactus and his ilk.

Mindset
How? They're not, ignore him.

Sirius77
Tenebrous stomps.

Lol because getting beat be celestials is a bad feat. You think Tenebrous could do better?

So how about some of Tenebrous' feats. You know, the on panel ones that are better than Odin's? Oh wait... erm

Utrigita
Tenebrous for the win imo.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zopzop
Is this the 2000ft Destroyer with Odin and all the Asgardians in it? Cause he'd stomp Teneberous AND Aegis combined. yea this is

zopzop
Since they never even met each other the best we can do is compare feats and fights (especially if they fought the same opponent).

Since Teneberous and Aegis have only been in a few issues, they have very little feat wise vs someone like Odin who has been been around for decades. So that's out.

Next, did they have a common opponent? Yes. So we can use this. Odin with no amps, no Destroyer Armor, one shot KOed the Surfer.

Teneberous AND Aegis took multiple blows and they still couldn't KO the Surfer.

Odin + amp (souls of Asgardians) + Destroyer Armor absolutely STOMPS Teneberous. Like I said earlier, you can add Aegis to Team Teneberous and they would still lose badly.

Black bolt z
What feats to Tenebrous have?

TheLordofMurder
Since they never even met each other the best we can do is compare feats and fights (especially if they fought the same opponent).

Since Teneberous and Aegis have only been in a few issues, they have very little feat wise vs someone like Odin who has been been around for decades. So that's out.

Next, did they have a common opponent? Yes. So we can use this. Odin with no amps, no Destroyer Armor, one shot KOed the Surfer.

Teneberous AND Aegis took multiple blows and they still couldn't KO the Surfer.

Odin + amp (souls of Asgardians) + Destroyer Armor absolutely STOMPS Teneberous. Like I said earlier, you can add Aegis to Team Teneberous and they would still lose badly.

thumb up

Galan007
Tenebrous and Aegis are each around Galactus-level in power (arguably a little lower.) And while Galactus-level power may exceed Odin-level power, I think the gap is minimal (especially when you take feats into consideration.)

Therefore, empowering Odin with the Destroyer armor + ALL of Asgard should *logically* be enough to overcome that gap, and then some.

Odin wins.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Galan007
Tenebrous and Aegis are each around Galactus-level in power (arguably a little lower.) And while Galactus-level power may exceed Odin-level power, I think the gap is minimal (especially when you take feats into consideration.)

Therefore, empowering Odin with the Destroyer armor + ALL of Asgard should *logically* be enough to overcome that gap, and then some.

Odin wins. galactus in chaos war thought he could one shot skyfathers, he was wrong though...

TheTyrant
Lol because getting beat be celestials is a bad feat. You think Tenebrous could do better?

So how about some of Tenebrous' feats. You know, the on panel ones that are better than Odin's? Oh wait... erm

He stalemated Galactus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I couldn't find the second interview (I have way too many scans) but here's the Thor office giving their opinions on Celestials:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/celestialnote1.jpg

It's from the message letters at the back of the issue #305 or so (The battle with the Celestials occured in #300).

And for context, IIRC, the discussion was centered around the cosmics.

Sirius77
He stalemated Galactus.

Lol since when? I recall T and A beating a starving Galactus on some random planet with thanos. If you're referring to some other instance could you please give me a scan or something?

Nihilist
Lol since when? I recall T and A beating a starving Galactus on some random planet with thanos. If you're referring to some other instance could you please give me a scan or something? Where did it say he was starving?

zopzop
Originally posted by Nihilist
Where did it say he was starving?

It didn't but hey........big grin

Utrigita

It doesn't say, but it can nearly be interpreted as one wishes.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Tenebrous%20Aegis/galactusoffguard.jpg

Nihilist
It didn't but hey........big grin laughing out loudOriginally posted by Utrigita
It doesn't say, but it can nearly be interpreted as one wish.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Tenebrous%20Aegis/galactusoffguard.jpg I see your point on how it can be interperated, but to me unprepared and off gaurd means a suprise attack of sorts.

zopzop
Originally posted by Utrigita
It doesn't say, but it can nearly be interpreted as one wishes.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Tenebrous%20Aegis/galactusoffguard.jpg

That summary can't be trusted, Aegis "Lord of All Sorrows"? I thought it was Aegis "Lady of all Sorrows". Sloppy Marvel. big grin

Utrigita
I see your point on how it can be interperated, but to me unprepared and off gaurd means a suprise attack of sorts.

Cool, just wanted to point out that based on this rather loose statement, a case can be made for nearly anything, so neither is completely right nor wrong imo.

Nihilist
That summary can't be trusted, Aegis "Lord of All Sorrows"? I thought it was Aegis "Lady of all Sorrows". Sloppy Marvel. big grin True, and wasnt it Tenerbrous of the darkness or some shit.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Utrigita
Cool, just wanted to point out that based on this rather loose statement, a case can be made for nearly anything, so neither is completely right nor wrong imo. Whats your take on it?
In the story he didnt act/seem starving.

Sirius77

Oh shoot, just re-read it. It didn't say anything about him starving. However, what I took from that scene in Annihilation #1 was that they took him off guard and I'm not sure what he would have been doing walking around on some random planet other than preparing to feed. Either way, I don't see how T and A would be able to take on a well fed Galactus if he was the one that defeated them before.

Utrigita
Whats your take on it?
In the story he didnt act/seem starving.

I honestly have no idea, for a while I believed that him being low on energy might have been the case. It would explain the fight on the planet, what looks like Galactus Elementary converter in the back and Thanos later getting access to Galactus technology. Something that would seem possible only if his ship was in orbit, whick normally means he is going to devour the planet.

But then I began to wonder, I mean we have no idea how he managed to beat the gods the first time around, we know that normally Galactus doesn't devour a planet before engaging a enemy, I believe the Tyrant incident was more a exception then the rule, but that is just on loose memory.

The Off guard sentence imo clearly shows that he didn't expect their attack so soon, so granted he was surprised. But unprepared can be anything from not having the required technology ready or having resupplied his energy.

Let me put it this way, the circumstances of the fight points to the first explanation but Galactus history as a character points imo to the other.

I'm still working on getting a explanation together that can explain it all, but until more material is released about Tenebrous and Aegis capture, all we can do, imo, is speculate on Galactus powerlevel.

Nihilist
Oh shoot, just re-read it. It didn't say anything about him starving. However, what I took from that scene in Annihilation #1 was that they took him off guard and I'm not sure what he would have been doing walking around on some random planet other than preparing to feed. Either way, I don't see how T and A would be able to take on a well fed Galactus if he was the one that defeated them before. unless it was a FULL POWER GALACTUS that beat them before... omgz.

illadelph12
Hmm...

At the point where T, A, and the other Proemial Gods were active (just after the big bang) wasn't that prior to the forming of the Abstracts, as the Proemial Gods fulfilled those roles until sentient life evolved and the concepts took form? Wouldn't Galactus have therefore, theoretically, been at full power because that would have been before his hunger was enforced?

(Not saying Tenebrous is equal to Galactus, just a question about the Proemial Gods purpose and time of existence).

King Kandy
Originally posted by illadelph12
Hmm...

At the point where T, A, and the other Proemial Gods were active (just after the big bang) wasn't that prior to the forming of the Abstracts, as the Proemial Gods fulfilled those roles until sentient life evolved and the concepts took form? Wouldn't Galactus have therefore, theoretically, been at full power because that would have been before his hunger was enforced?

(Not saying Tenebrous is equal to Galactus, just a question about the Proemial Gods purpose and time of existence).
No, the abstracts like Eternity and LT predated them. Galactus describes this when he introduces the Proemial Gods.

illadelph12
Do you have a link to that by chance? I have Annihilation on a thumbdrive but it's at work.

The Proemial Gods fulfilled the role of other concepts though, right? Like Diableri was Chaos, Tenebrous was evil, Aegis was sorrow, etc. Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion and LT, logically, would have been formed at the birth of the universe but other concepts, iirc, required life in order for them to have purpose, and the Proemials filled that role until life caught up (as far as I can remember). They were like cosmic placeholders.

Sirius77
unless it was a FULL POWER GALACTUS that beat them before... omgz.

Well, what I never understood was how he imprisoned all of the primordial gods before. I mean all of them? Iirc, wasn't it implied to somewhat of a battle? How would he be able to imprison them all unless he was in some way above them?

zopzop
Well, what I never understood was how he imprisoned all of the primordial gods before. I mean all of them? Iirc, wasn't it implied to somewhat of a battle? How would he be able to imprison them all unless he was in some way above them?

The same way he beat FP Tyrant but then got humiliated then almost killed by DP Tyrant. Galactus is overrated.

Since we don't know how he beat the primordial gods, everything we say is conjecture.

Utrigita
Originally posted by illadelph12
Do you have a link to that by chance? I have Annihilation on a thumbdrive but it's at work.

The Proemial Gods fulfilled the role of other concepts though, right? Like Diableri was Chaos, Tenebrous was evil, Aegis was sorrow, etc. Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion and LT, logically, would have been formed at the birth of the universe but other concepts, iirc, required life in order for them to have purpose, and the Proemials filled that role until life caught up (as far as I can remember). They were like cosmic placeholders.

As I understand it, they were basically paving the way for the Celestials to do what they do atm.

Given what Galactus says about them (that they brought their war to him) imo points towards the abtracts predating the Proemial gods, because Eternity etc was already formed when Galactus came into existance in his current form, but granted it's a long unaccounted timeline in marvel cosmic history.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.