Who is the weakest character who could....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Who is the weakest character in comics that could beat The Runner every single time; as in a perfect 10/10...

I have my own idea, but I what to see what the "Hive Mind" here thinks...

carver9
Proteus

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
Proteus

Hmmm...good pick!

I didnt think about him...he definitely has "the stuff" to put The Runner down, but do you think he would be able to actually target the Runner?

The Runner moves and blitz-attacks FTL (and has done so on panel; against Thanos to be exact) and so he should be able to blitz him right out the gate before Proteus could form a single thought...much less actually react.

You dont think The Runner could put Proteus down before Proteus unleashes his deadly power against him?

Btw, what would you tier Proteus as?

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Hmmm...good pick!

I didnt think about him...he definitely has "the stuff" to put The Runner down, but do you think he would be able to actually target the Runner?

The Runner moves and blitz-attacks FTL (and has done so on panel; against Thanos to be exact) and so he should be able to blitz him right out the gate before Proteus could form a single thought...much less actually react.

You dont think The Runner could put Proteus down before Proteus unleashes his deadly power against him?

Btw, what would you tier Proteus as?

I agree, runner could blitz proteus from the getgo but it would be pointless because proteus is an energy based being and physical attacks does next to nothing to him.

He use to have a weakness to metal but he lost that weakness and became a threat to the entire planet. The only way to truly beat proteus is by completely manifesting/destroying ALL of his energy and runner isn't capable of this.

By the way, proteus doesn't have to see runner in order to warp him... proteus was warping objects/beings on a planetary scale during exiles. He is also a telepath and he has shown that he could warp people via linking with their minds.

Runner is good but he isn't beating proteus... not even 1 time.

As for the ranking, well, I consider proteus high trans/low skyfather but some might disagree. His recent showing against magneto (he was weakened during this battle) could lead people to other conclusions.

TheLordofMurder
Well I am with you then...

Proteus my very well be the weakest character who could beat The Runner; I was thinking Onslaught (while leeching Franklin Richards) would be the weakest who could do it...but I would rank a Richards-leeching-Onslaught above Proteus on the totem pole.

Parmaniac
X-Ray

Black bolt z
Zoom?

Runner would still be super fast...but probably slow enough to tag.

Philosophía
Runner wouldn't even be able to perceive Zoom.

MrMind
can wally west beats runner?

Black bolt z

Philosophía
Yes.Originally posted by Black bolt z
Zoom isn't the be all end all speed. Hes close. But not there. I'm not sure how this relates to my post. Care to elaborate, or should I just go straight to "don't troll"?

Parmaniac
Zoom isn't "weak" anyways unless you go by lifting strength.

Black bolt z

Simbon
The Runner is also a telepath, and his likeability aura is strong enough to work on Moondragon. Also, in his fight with Surfer he demonstrated energy-manipulation abilities, so a win against Proteus is not inconceivable.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Explain how runner wouldn't percieve zoom. Zoom is on a level where Wally couldn't perceive him without an amp. Wally humiliates Runner in speed.

Black bolt z

Parmaniac
Isn't that statement a little contridictory? Zoom isn't an ordinary speedster, he moves in his own time bubble.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Zoom isn't an ordinary speedster, he moves in his own time bubble. I know. But first he said wally couldn't keep up with zoom then zoom couldn't keep up with wally.

Philosophía
Edited for accuracy. Respond to the argument or don't respond at all. Perhaps you weren't smart enough to understand I meant Runner instead of Zoom, in which case, it's rather sad - but I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and say you have an iq over 60, so I suggest you stop trolling. Now.

Mindset
Calm down, sport.

Black bolt z

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset
Calm down, sport. Yeah Black Bolt's crazy when he breaks loose...

stick out tongue

Galan007
Zoom isn't the be all end all speed. Hes close. But not there. Close, you say? Zoom is the fastest speedster in comics, period. He would blitz Runner just as nonchalantly as he did Wally (arguably more so.)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Galan007
Close, you say? Zoom is the fastest speedster in comics, period. He would blitz Runner just as nonchalantly as he did Wally (arguably more so.) Hes still not be all end all in speed.

People with good enough time manip should be able to beat him correct?

Philosophía
How am i trolling exactly?... You're prolonging an useless discussion on how I mis-wrote Zoom instead of Runner, eventough you should have moved on and understood that I meant the latter in the first place. Respond to the argument, or don't respond at all. What you're doing right now is trolling. Originally posted by Mindset
Calm down, sport. No.

Parmaniac
Hes still not be all end all in speed.

People with good enough time manip should be able to beat him correct? That wouldn't have anything to do with speed though.

TheTyrant

People with good enough time manip should be able to beat him correct?

wtf man, wtf?

Mindset

Black bolt z

Galan007

People with good enough time manip should be able to beat him correct? a.) If time manip were successfully used against Zoom, then he wouldn't be getting beat via superior speed. He'd be getting beat via time manip. Speed-wise he's the fastest there is, period.

b.) Someone with time manip could theoretically beat ANY speedster, not just Zoom. That's also assuming said time manipulator possesses sufficient reaction speed to 'activate' their time manip before getting blitzed to hell... And good luck proving that.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Galan007
a.) If time manip were successfully used against Zoom, then he wouldn't be getting beat via superior speed. He'd be getting beat via time manip. He's the fastest speedster there is, period.

b.) Someone with time manip could theoretically beat ANY speedster, not just Zoom. That's also assuming said time manipulator possesses sufficient reaction speed to 'activate' their time manip before getting blitzed to hell... And good luck proving that. Point taken.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
Then eat a dick.
QJTOkPI08gk&has_verified=1

Philosophía
And I don't even know what your argument is. Is ABC logic too much for you? Should I slow down? Present you the argument using an image slideshows?

Runner is nowhere near Wally in speed. Wally couldn't perceive Zoom. What does this tell us, class?

Black bolt z
Philo your getting a little too serious.

I'm going to stop here.

Philosophía
Did you cave in under the E-pressure?

Galan007
^ Hell, even when Wally amped himself with the speed of Bart/Jay, he still couldn't perceive Zoom as more than a blur.

There is no one else in comics who compares to that level of speed -- and keep in mind, Zoom got even faster after that battle, thanks to learning how to better control his powers.

Just insane.

Mindset
He must not have taken enough of Bart's speed, because 1% would have been enough to stomp Zoom. sneer

kevdude
Originally posted by TheTyrant
wtf man, wtf?

Thats my thought as well when I read that! blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.