Captain America vs Puma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
street fight in hell's kitchen

SamZED
Logically Puma. In comix - Cap.

Eternal Idol
Puma ftw. Captain America isn't durable enough to take a high-speed beating long enough to clothesline or trip Puma.

KingofGarp
Puma wins here.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Logically Puma. In comix - Cap.

Cap is too good of a fighter and has legitimate superhuman stats. Just 'cause someone is a Spidey villain doesn't mean he automatically wins against a guy with lower strength than Class 10.

What are you gonna say now, tough guy?! ahuh

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Puma ftw. Captain America isn't durable enough to take a high-speed beating long enough to clothesline or trip Puma.

I don't know much about Puma, so you may be right. But Steve is crazy durable and he beat Vermin who ain't a pushover.

Don Corleone
Pressure points, shield, superior skill. Caps got a chance here.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cap is too good of a fighter and has legitimate superhuman stats. Just 'cause someone is a Spidey villain doesn't mean he automatically wins against a guy with lower strength than Class 10.

What are you gonna say now, tough guy?! ahuh
Puma blitzed Logan. ahuh

But seriously I dont care enough about the character to argue, but I think Puma should beat Cap.

King Castle
Puma blitzed Logan. ahuh

But seriously I dont care enough about the character to argue, but I think Puma should beat Cap. only b/c he was drugged and trying to figure it out.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
Puma blitzed Logan. ahuh

Drugged Logan stick out tongue

But seriously I dont care enough about the character to argue, but I think Puma should beat Cap.

I'd like to know why.

SamZED

I'd like to know why. Meh.. just dont like the character. No particular reason.

Originally posted by King Castle
only b/c he was drugged and trying to figure it out.. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, by a drug that had absolutely no effect on Logan until after he got blitzed and commented on Puma's speed being overwhelming.

King Castle
Puma rushed him big deal Wolvie still skipped back and only got scratched and his shirt ripped.

not an impressive feat at all Cap could do that as well and has done similar blitz moments with equally skilled meta fighters

StiltmanFTW
Meh.. just dont like the character. No particular reason.

No, no, I mean I'd like to know why you think Steve should get beaten here.

Superior speed and ferocity or what?

SamZED
Puma rushed him big deal Wolvie still skipped back and only got scratched and his shirt ripped.

not an impressive feat at all Cap could do that as well and has done similar blitz moments with equally skilled meta fighters Logan said "he got me so fast I couldnt even THINK about using my claws" or something of that sort. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me, I dont see Cap doing that.

StiltmanFTW
Logan said "he got me so fast I couldnt even THINK about using my claws" or something of that sort. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me, I dont see Cap doing that.

Really? I can't check right now. Makes sense he made a comparison to Sabretooth then.

King Castle
i'm too lazy to pull out the comic to check but his statement dont change the fact that he reacted keeping from getting gutted. the claw comment doesnt make puma superior nor equal to Logan.

iirc Wolvie said that puma was a noble warrior and now is savage reminded him of Sabretooth.

SamZED
No, no, I mean I'd like to know why you think Steve should get beaten here.

Superior speed and ferocity or what? Not 10/10 ofcourse but for majority. Yeah, speed + strength + claws + durability + decent skills should be enough imo

Really? I can't check right now. Makes sense he made a comparison to Sabretooth then. Gimme few minutes think I can find the scan.

SamZED
Here. Not a "holly sh!t!!!" kinda thing but still. Logan's comment makes it really impressive.

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/wolverine08.jpg/

StiltmanFTW
Not 10/10 ofcourse but for majority. Yeah, speed + strength + claws + durability + decent skills should be enough imo

Does he have any decent strength feats?

Gimme few minutes think I can find the scan.

Would be awesome smile

StiltmanFTW
Here. Not a "holly sh!t!!!" kinda thing but still. Logan's comment makes it really impressive.

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/wolverine08.jpg/

Thanks. Yeah, it's a nice showing for Puma.

SamZED
Does he have any decent strength feats?
Dont remember him lifting anything but pretty sure there is something. Gonna need some time to find it though.

jinzin
Logan said "he got me so fast I couldnt even THINK about using my claws" or something of that sort. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me, I dont see Cap doing that.
Ah yes, right before he tagged Puma right back.

In any case, poisions and venoms have catostrophic effects on the human body before they're side effects ever begin to register so it really doesn't matter either way.

I think Puma's tough but his career does not mirror "too fast for Wolverine" by ANY stretch of the imagination. His typical performances have not been superb.

Stat wise, yeah he should take Cap, but then again it's CAPTAIN DA MAN AMERICA...

So I'll reserve my opinion on the winner of this fight.... for now.

King Castle
i dont believe that a lifting contest guarantees a person a win over another in a street fight.

SamZED
Originally posted by jinzin
Ah yes, right before he tagged Puma right back.

In any case, poisions and venoms have catostrophic effects on the human body before they're side effects ever begin to register so it really doesn't matter either way.

I think Puma's tough but his career does not mirror "too fast for Wolverine" by ANY stretch of the imagination. His typical performances have not been superb.
Think he would've noticed if his reflexes were slowing down. Logan said the effect of the poison kicked in suddenly. Doesnt make Puma "too fast for Wolverine" ofcourse, maybe he got cought off guard. But impressive level of speed nevertheless imo.

Stat wise, yeah he should take Cap, but then again it's CAPTAIN DA MAN AMERICA...
Yep. That is exactly why I said Cap would win in a comic.

i dont believe that a lifting contest guarantees a person a win over another in a street fight. Never said it is.

srankmissingnin
Puma eats a mouth full of SHIELD, and Steve being the generous sort gives him a second helping free of charge.

Eternal Idol
i dont believe that a lifting contest guarantees a person a win over another in a street fight.

Prime Lou Ferrigno would DEMOLISH Floyd Mayweather.

Happy Dance

jinzin
Think he would've noticed if his reflexes were slowing down. Logan said the effect of the poison kicked in suddenly. Doesnt make Puma "too fast for Wolverine" ofcourse, maybe he got cought off guard. But impressive level of speed nevertheless imo.

You should watch "I was bitten"

The effects of a drug like a poison can completely shut down neurological sensations or even work like an anti-body in reverse as soon as they're introduced into a biological system.

It's actually typical for a person who has a poison introduced into their system to ignore it BECAUSE they don't "feel" it's effects.. Meanwhile their insides are being corroded, shut down, or otherwise irrepairably damaged.

Just because Wolverine didn't notice the effects of the drug until a few seconds later doesn't mean the drug wasn't already working to effect on him the moment he injested it... Which poisons typically begin mass amounts of damage AS SOON as they're introduced to a host's system.

It's a nice feat of speed sure, but the drug issue, DOES bring it under fire... at least, it SHOULD. All I'm sayin.

SamZED
You should watch "I was bitten"

The effects of a drug like a poison can completely shut down neurological sensations or even work like an anti-body in reverse as soon as they're introduced into a biological system.

It's actually typical for a person who has a poison introduced into their system to ignore it BECAUSE they don't "feel" it's effects.. Meanwhile their insides are being corroded, shut down, or otherwise irrepairably damaged.

Just because Wolverine didn't notice the effects of the drug until a few seconds later doesn't mean the drug wasn't already working to effect on him the moment he injested it... Which poisons typically begin mass amounts of damage AS SOON as they're introduced to a host's system.

It's a nice feat of speed sure, but the drug issue, DOES bring it under fire... at least, it SHOULD. All I'm sayin. Guess you're right. But doesnt it only work that way with slow poison/drugs though of special kind? I mean Logan didnt comment on reflexes at all, not even later, he just felt sick.

"I was bitten" Who's in it? Any good?

SamZED
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Prime Lou Ferrigno would DEMOLISH Floyd Mayweather.

Happy Dance You wish. smokin'

Eternal Idol
crackers

SamZED
laughing

BUSTER1
Does he have any decent strength feats? smile

In 1 of his 1st appearances, Fireheart effortlessly threw over a ton of gym equipmwnt at Spiderman. He is meant to be able to lift 12 tons. Tommy is way stronger than Cap.

King Castle
i think Cap wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.