Yu Law vs Spider Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Yu from the one.

1. No webbing

2. With webbing.

Fight in a city.

Who wins?

Robtard
Pretty sure this was done before and I'm pretty sure Yu Law's tracking of bullets was considerably faster than Spider-man's perception during the fight with Flash.

Law's also a better trained fighter. So this is one scenario where the better film/charater loses.

The Nuul
I looked and couldnt find it.

DarkNemesis
I've made a similar thread before (which also involved Gabe Law and Venom).

Anyways, Yulaw was bullet timing all over the place, and movie Spider-man never showed speeds of that level. His durability will allow him to hang in for a bit, but speed kills here. Yulaw is strong enough to hurt Spidey and he's much faster, it'll only be a matter of time before he beats Spidey down IMO.

Yulaw wins a solid majority, more so in scenario 2.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty sure this was done before and I'm pretty sure Yu Law's tracking of bullets was considerably faster than Spider-man's perception during the fight with Flash.

Law's also a better trained fighter. So this is one scenario where the better film/charater loses. I did both Law's versus Spidey.

BruceSkywalker
Non whimsical answer is... Spidey wins because Tobey is a better actror and you can understand him when he speaks big grin

but really Spidey is outclassed here

Rogue Jedi
How? He has that thing where he can slow shit down.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How? He has that thing where he can slow shit down.

When? I don't remember Spider-man fighting in slow-mo, except for when he was dodging those goblin things in the house that was on fire, but speed of a bullet >> speed of those flying things.

the ninjak
Spiderman's first Spider Sense showing was dodging Flash Thompson's punch at school in Spiderman 1.
He slowed down time so much that he just stood there and looked back and forth at Flash's hand.
Spiderman has slow-mo power. Plus danger sense. Plus Webs.
Yu Law gets arrested.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
Spiderman's first Spider Sense showing was dodging Flash Thompson's punch at school in Spiderman 1.
He slowed down time so much that he just stood there and looked back and forth at Flash's hand.
Yu Law gets arrested.

Soooooo, seeing a jock punch in slow-mo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Easily seeing and avoiding bullets?

If Law can dodge bullets, Spidey's webbing is a walk in the park, and he's much faster than Spidey. Law takes a majority in both.

chomperx9
tobey loses his webbing and powers like he did in the 2nd movie

Rogue Jedi
Yu Law gets arrested. Beat down, Rodney King style.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Soooooo, seeing a jock punch in slow-mo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Easily seeing and avoiding bullets?

If Law can dodge bullets, Spidey's webbing is a walk in the park, and he's much faster than Spidey. Law takes a majority in both.

He practicaly stopped time he was just looking backwards and forwards during an action that would have taken less than a second.
Giving him time to make the right choice.
Yu-Law comes flying at him at quick speed. And Parker's Spider-Sense brings time to a slow crawl. Even though Yu-Law can move quickly Spidey can still spray a web burst at him. Rinse and repeat until he lands a vital blow.
They're quite equal with YuLAw getting the speed advantage but Parker has the Strength and TIme Stopping bonus which will net him the win.

KingD19
He slowed down time with Flash. Why didn't he do it with Venom, and and the Goblins? Because anyone who moves faster than a Jock with a glandular problem and an undeserved chip on his shoulder is too much.

He wasn't even fast enough to evade Bonesaw Mcgraw.

Law gets past his webs with no real problems, then his hands get beat up on Spidey's face.

the ninjak
He slowed down time with Flash. Why didn't he do it with Venom, and and the Goblins? Because anyone who moves faster than a Jock with a glandular problem and an undeserved chip on his shoulder is too much.

He wasn't even fast enough to evade Bonesaw Mcgraw.

Law gets past his webs with no real problems, then his hands get beat up on Spidey's face.

The same way the comic version gets slammed by losers all the time.
It's a feat and I'm sticking with it.

Green Goblin was just that good. And you don't dodge razor sharp shurikans flying at you with just the ability to register danger. He slowed time. He was still young against Bonesaw....still inexperienced, unfocused. And Venom was immune to Spideys Spider Sense wasn't he?

Spiderman wins.

KingD19
The same way the comic version gets slammed by losers all the time.
It's a feat and I'm sticking with it.

Green Goblin was just that good. And you don't dodge razor sharp shurikans flying at you with just the ability to register danger. He slowed time. He was still young against Bonesaw....still inexperienced, unfocused. And Venom was immune to Spideys Spider Sense wasn't he?

Spiderman wins.

I'm not knocking it as a feat, I'm just saying it wasn't all that impressive. And he dodged Flash just fine, why not Bonesaw who was much larger and arguably slower? And yes he dodged the shurikens, but Yu Law would've caught them and probably thrown them back with ease.

And yes, Venom was immune to his Spider sense, but neither of the Goblins were, neither was Sandman. And if Goblin was just that good, then Yu-Law's just much better.

Doesn't matter how much you like Spidey, he goes down.

the ninjak
He definitely goes down without webbing.
With webbing he can win this.

KingD19
HOw? His webbing is not even a minor annoyance as Law can dodge it without even trying. And once he gets in close, it's over.

DarkNemesis
I don't see how webbing will affect someone who bullet-times as if it were a joke.

the ninjak
He spits that stuff out in wide bursts.
He showed in Spidey 2 that he could release multiple still connected blasts when he stopped that train.
If Yu Law came at Spidey in full speed and Peter while slo-moing time lauched into the air while creating wide bursts of a substance that is strong as steel.
As Yu Law is flying in for the take down he gets over whelmed by the burst and as he flys on by the webbing on him pulls.
And sticks the high speed Yu Law in a limited area which would allow PArker then to simply apply more web.
Remember while Parker is entering the air once he is high enough it puts Yu Law at an even easier position to get "wide burst" web attacked if Yu realises he now has to jump to hit Parker.
All while SPidey is watching the whole fight in Slo-mo.....which would be flaring while Yu Law attacks.

Placidity
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
I don't see how webbing will affect someone who bullet-times as if it were a joke.

Dodging a single projectile is different from dodging a stream.

It's like this:

You could probably dodge some tennis balls if I threw them at you.

But it'll be much harder to dodge a super soaker because its a continuous stream. Also, once the web line is shot, it stays there, limiting the places Yu Law can move to. It wouldn't be too hard for Spidey to make a large spider-web (which he's shown to do in one shot).

KingD19
You're reaching man. Spidey firing a web means that Yu Law closes the distance while the web is still being shot, and beats his ass. Webs are obviously much slower than bullets, and like we've said, he treats bullets as a joke. And you can say he slows down time all you want, but the only time he did it was to dodge a punch from a jock and dodge shurikens...both things Yu Law would've had absolutely no problem with.

And if Spidey can't handle Goblin, he can't handle Yu Law.

Placidity
You're reaching man. Spidey firing a web means that Yu Law closes the distance while the web is still being shot, and beats his ass.

Actually the webs come from the front, so he can't close the distance otherwise he'd just be walking into them.

For a bullet, Yulaw only has to move his body slightly (e.g his head or half his torso). Spidey's spider-web will cover the entire area, so theres no 'dodging' it, he'll have to run out of the way. And Spidey can keep spamming it.

KingD19
For the majority of all the movies, Spidey shot strands. And when a strand of webbing is coming at him, Law can do the same thing as a bullet, just move out of it's path and keep going towards Spidey.

If he makes a net or something, Law could be in trouble. But if I remember right, haven't one of the goblins ripped the webbing? Or someone?

Robtard
Normon tore through it, but I think he had the help of the pointy/sharps bits on his suit.

Also, not sure it Yu Law showed the strength comparable to Norman's. What was Yu Laws greatest strength feat?

KingD19
He lifted 2 police bikes with one hand each. Gabe also kicked over a street lamp. I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember any atm.

Placidity
For the majority of all the movies, Spidey shot strands. And when a strand of webbing is coming at him, Law can do the same thing as a bullet, just move out of it's path and keep going towards Spidey.

If he makes a net or something, Law could be in trouble. But if I remember right, haven't one of the goblins ripped the webbing? Or someone?

Yea, I meant to say the net as you call it. He did it in SM1, and in SM3 made a net with one shot (doesn't show how that happens, but he does it lol).

Too bad I can't find a video of SM and Sandman's first fight, thats when it happens I believe.

Placidity
He lifted 2 police bikes with one hand each. Gabe also kicked over a street lamp. I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember any atm.

Thats pretty weaksauce in Spider-man world.

BTW, I don't think Yu Law can KO Spidey.

Robtard

While that's WTF strong, Norman is on par with Spider-man, which is levels and levels about lifting a 1/2 ton in each hand.

Norman effortlessly held the cable-trolly filled with people with one hand, as a feat.

DarkNemesis
Strength and durability definitely go to Spider-man, without question. And Placidity made some good points about bullets vs. webbing.

If Spider-man creates a web in one shot, then yeah, that'll give Yulaw trouble. But if he only shoots balls or streams, then Yulaw shouldn't have trouble closing the distance.

The key for Spider-man is that he needs to keep his distance until he's trapped Yulaw in some way.

the ninjak
Bottom of the page waste!
He spits that stuff out in wide bursts.
He showed in Spidey 2 that he could release multiple still connected blasts when he stopped that train.
If Yu Law came at Spidey in full speed and Peter while slo-moing time lauched into the air while creating wide bursts of a substance that is strong as steel.
As Yu Law is flying in for the take down he gets over whelmed by the burst and as he flys on by the webbing on him pulls.
And sticks the high speed Yu Law in a limited area which would allow PArker then to simply apply more web.
Remember while Parker is entering the air once he is high enough it puts Yu Law at an even easier position to get "wide burst" web attacked if Yu realises he now has to jump to hit Parker.
All while SPidey is watching the whole fight in Slo-mo.....which would be flaring while Yu Law attacks.

Spidey can release constant wide burst streams and they are enough to stop a moving train.

Green Goblins feat was against one burst not many!
Spidey in the first film was arguably inexperienced. And realised in Spidey 2 that he could chain the wide burst shots continuously.

And Spidey lifted a structure weighing many tonnes .....at least 50 tonnes if not more at the end of Spidey 2.

0mega Spawn
LOL i'd say like 5tons but 50 is close laughing

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by DarkNemesis

The key for Spider-man is that he needs to keep his distance until he's trapped Yulaw in some way. Easily.

the ninjak
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
LOL i'd say like 5tons but 50 is close laughing
I can't remember the structure but its dead weight and shape of the structure would have increased it enough.
If 5 tonnes whatever.

Mr. Rhythmic

Spidey saw a fly's wings.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Spidey saw a fly's wings.

thumb up
A fly's wings flap 200 times a second.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.