the royal tenenbaums

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

desilu
what are people's thoughts on the royal tenenbaums. personally i thought it was a great movie.

BackFire349
as did i.

finti
never felt the urge to rent it

desilu
take the time to rent it, but if you don't like dry humor i wouldn't recommend it. i don't think the movie was meant for everyone.

finti
the clips I have seen from it looks bad

BackFire349
finti wont like it.

finti
I usually like dry humor, but the previews I have seen, no way

BackFire349
you'll probably like a few parts, but as a movie you wont. i, on the other hand love it.

finti
perhaps, got a lot of good actors in it though

BackFire349
yes it does. its worth a rental for sure.

finti
then the store must be out of all other options even the ones I have seen too

crickey77
one of my favorite movies.

wes anderson rules.

and the dvd extras are pretty cool.

Tex
Horrible!!!

It's so pathetically unfunny it's disgusting.

mah
the only thing disgusting here is your "taste", or lack of it. what was that horrible tom cruise and penelope cruz film you liked so much?big grin
nah, j/k, everyone has their own taste, even if its gruesome like tex' one.rolling on floor laughing

BackFire349
it isnt a movie for everyone.

Tex

mah
vanilla sky tried so hard to be weird and kewl, so that folks like you would like it for its weirdness and automatically believe it actually had some quality in it, which was not so.

eitherway, backfire is right , the royal tenenbaums isn't for everyone

Tex
No, many movies contain weird shit that is plain stupid and not quality material, Royal Tenenbaums being a prime example!

I, unlike you, can tell the difference between kewl weird, and crap weird.
Mr. Smartypants Mahstick out tongue

mah
bahbig grin

BackFire349
i liked vanilla sky. i like royal tenenbaums more. vanilla sky did seem to have lots of moments that were just wierd for the sake of being wierd. also had lots of moments that were very smart and creative and... "kewl wierd" but neither movie is for everyone.

BubbaGump03
If you liked The Royal Tennenbaums then you will love this new show called Arrested Development. It is so funny, with the same kind of humor as the Tennenbaums. There are so many parallels between that movie and this show: the cast is amazing, the script is ingenious and it keeps you laughing. If you haven't checked out this new show, you are missing out. It is pure fun! Watch it this Sunday on Fox at 9:30pm and let me know what you think. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.