She-Ra verus Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mumm Ra
Who would win between She-Ra and Darkseid? I would give it to Darkseid for two reasons. First, the only thing he seems vulnerable to is radion. Second, Darkseid seems as powerful as Superman if not more so and I think that would be sufficent to defeat She-Ra.

But also, if Darkseid destroys the crystal in She-Ra's sword, she reverts to being Princess Adora, is unable to transform back into She-Ra, and she loses her superpowers. Adora would be Darkseid's for the taking.

Mumm Ra
Darkseid turns out to be ruler of the Intergalactic Horde and Apokolis turns out to be Hordeworld. Darkseid comes to Etheria to personally quash the rebellion as well as capture Adora or She-Ra to take back to Apokolis to be his bride.

Hordak is removed from command and banished to the Dead Zone by Darkseid's Omega Beams. Darkseid orders a full front assault with his Horde Troopers, Armored Fighting Vehicles, combat spacecraft, parademons.

He notices She-Ra on the battlefield from his command cruiser and jumps onto the battlefield, standing before her.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mumm Ra

He notices She-Ra on the battlefield from his command cruiser and jumps onto the battlefield, standing before her.
That doesn't sound like Darkseid. He'd at least send a wave of Parademons first. stick out tongue

Mumm Ra
Originally posted by Omega Vision
That doesn't sound like Darkseid. He'd at least send a wave of Parademons first. stick out tongue

True, in spite of his size, speed and power, he is more of a strategist than a fighter and he would probably send his parademons first. However, in this case, the parademons would be busy fighting what is left of the Great Rebellion.

Omega Vision
True, in spite of his size, speed and power, he is more of a strategist than a fighter and he would probably send his parademons first. However, in this case, the parademons would be busy fighting what is left of the Great Rebellion.
Dully noted.

I'm not really familiar with She-Ra, but what notable feats of strength, speed, and durability does she have?

Mumm Ra
Look up Princess Adora on Wikipedia and the article will give you everythng you need to know about She-Ra's powers and abilities

Mumm Ra

Like her brother, He-Man, She-Ra is known for her incredible strength. She is addressed as "The Princess of Power" and on multiple occasions considered "The Most Powerful Woman in the Universe". Many times she has been shown to be able to lift not only full-grown men and robots, but also mountain-like rocks and buildings. She-Ra is often shown successfully attempting feats deemed impossible by other characters. Episodes of the original cartoon also depict her as being able to swim at a far faster rate than is humanly possible.

Whether there is a limit to the length of time she can remain in her heroic form before she reverts back to her original form of Adora is unknown, however there have been occasions in which she has been forcibly transformed back into Adora, implying that her powers do have limits to them.

Her physical prowess is not limited to strength, however, and she is also depicted as being extremely fast and acrobatic.

On the other hand, again, like He-Man, She-Ra as a character is largely non-violent and usually only resorts to combat as a last resort, often preferring to outsmart her adversaries; her most violent actions typically consist of body throws. As per broadcast standards of the period, in the Filmation cartoon, He-Man & She-Ra were not allowed to use their swords as offensive weapons, nor were they allowed to directly punch or kick anyone. She-Ra was only allowed to destroy robotic enemies, which were her primary foes.

Aside from her physical powers, She-Ra also demonstrated a series of other abilities which appear to be more nurturing in nature, as opposed to her brother's more aggressively-based powers, such as empathic understanding and mental communication with animals.

She-Ra's primary weapon is her Sword of Protection. This is similar to He-Man's Sword of Power. The sword gives her the ability to transform from Princess Adora into She-Ra and back via the powers of Castle Grayskull, by saying, "For the Honor of Grayskull... I am She-Ra!" However, when she was a member of the Horde, she used laser weapons. Her sword is apparently almost indestructible and able to deflect bolts of energy, both magical and technological, as well as to project beams of energy from the stone in its center. However, in one episode, the stone in She-Ra's sword becomes damaged, causing her to be unable to transform into She-Ra. Her brother He-Man's sword never suffered this weakness on-screen, which could mean that either both swords had a specific weak-point or that She-Ra's sword was inferior to He-Man's. The sword also had transmutation abilities--upon command, it would morph into whatever She-Ra required at the time (i.e. rope, chains, fire, shield, net, space helmet, etc...) Originally She-Ra's headdress transformed into a mask, aiding in protecting her secret identity. However, in the cartoons, this was done away with, and instead She-Ra's voice and longer hair worked to distinguish her two identities.[citation

Omega Vision
I'm honestly not seeing how this is even competitive. Darkseid one shots her.

BlackZero30x
Dully noted.

I'm not really familiar with She-Ra, but what notable feats of strength, speed, and durability does she have?

well to put the above ex-plainer post simply she's he-man light

Lord_Talron
why not he-man vs ds then?

BlackZero30x
i think that would be a better fight.....strength wise he-man has darkside by the balls.....with his sword he can absorb or deflect energy that may be his defense against the OE......right now i think it depends on how this fight happens...he-mans pretty awesome but if im not mistaken his sword IS his biggest weakness because he can only draw on the power of grayskull if it's in his vicinity(on his back or in his hand ect...)...so if it's h2h nothing else and he has his sword on his back then strength wise no one beats him......in an all out battle if darksides faster then he-man or uses all of his ability's/ tech...he-man takes a dirt nap

Digi
He-Man has a respect thread that more people should read to see his best feats (though a lot of them are from the TV show) and to put his powers in some perspective. Anyway, Darkseid kills both of them easily.

Omega Vision
How strong is He-Man though? Luke Cage level? Colossus level? Namor?

BlackZero30x

well strength wise he's not beatable

EDIT:he's automatically granted any amount of strength he needs to over come any given task/opponent

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
What does that mean? What feats does he have?

BlackZero30x
What does that mean? What feats does he have?

EDIT:he's automatically granted any amount of strength he needs to over come any given task/opponent

sorry i just edited my post....as for feats he fought superman(while he really does not have the endurance to last) he was trading equal blows...but his main power is for his strength to actually rise high enough to beat whatever he has to do.....soo if he had to break a planet with one punch he could.

King Castle

EDIT:he's automatically granted any amount of strength he needs to over come any given task/opponent PR would have a nut defending these two, He-Man and Superman smokin'

"Dynamic strength they win"

zeel

prolly round captian marvels level or close to supes. I think darky is tougher. however He-man has demonstrated FTL reflexes in the past. He-ma has the ability to draw on the castle grayskull for strength, kinda like supes draws his powers from the sun.

Omega Vision
sorry i just edited my post....as for feats he fought superman(while he really does not have the endurance to last) he was trading equal blows...but his main power is for his strength to actually rise high enough to beat whatever he has to do.....soo if he had to break a planet with one punch he could.
That sounds like a no-limits fallacy to me. Not to mention his fight with Superman wasn't canon.

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Castle
PR would have a nut defending these two, He-Man and Superman smokin'

"Dynamic strength they win"

not my fault you don't like the truth.

Mumm Ra
In all honesty, I think Darkseid is one of the few beings powerful enough to defeat She-Ra,

BlackZero30x
That sounds like a no-limits fallacy to me. Not to mention his fight with Superman wasn't canon.

well imagin if he was fighting hulk....and yea i know but that was a mild example seeing as determining "canon" for he-man is rather difficult with all of his brand trades.

EDIT: point is though his power will increase to meet whatever challenge he comes across. so to say he has a limited strength wouldn't be accurate.

Omega Vision
well imagin if he was fighting hulk....and yea i know but that was a mild example seeing as determining "canon" for he-man is rather difficult with all of his brand trades.

EDIT: point is though his power will increase to meet whatever challenge he comes across. so to say he has a limited strength wouldn't be accurate.
Do you think He-Man could beat the Living Tribunal in an arm wrestling competition?

BlackZero30x
Do you think He-Man could beat the Living Tribunal in an arm wrestling competition?

well if he-man and the living tribunal both were squaring off in a match that was being based upon purely strength and nothing else such as and arm wrestling competition then yes i believe he-man would win.

if he-man had to be strong enough to crush the universe in one hand he would become that strong.....(assuming he was able to hold the universe in his hand)

tideoftime
The "myth-conception" error in this thread - regarding either She-Ra or He-Man - is that much of their ability/power is very strongly *story-setting* driven; Greyskull's power is *NOT* unlimited, and while the *narrative* rationale is that He-Man's strength can be increased to match challenges, by the *broader* rationale of feats and inter-narrative gauging, he *doesn't* have unlimited strength, and neither does She-Ra.

If this were a comic, then She-Ra would eventually win (with the help of her friends, of course), but as far as a conventional forum battle goes (even with relative stips), Darkseid is taking the majority in this, and possibly by a near-stomp, though She-Ra will put up a fight, and a good one, at that.

Now, if He-Man and She-Ra teamed up, and had their friends/armies available to aid them, it is conceivable that they would get a good share of wins, but not easily (DS is narratively much more powerful than either Skeletor or Hordak); this would be similar to SM/WW teaming up to fight DS, assuming they have someone else to cock-block the parademons, et al...

Mumm Ra
This is also assuming Darkseid doesn't discover She-Ra is also Princess Adora and finds a way to turn She-Ra back into Adora. Then it is a totally one-sided battle.

the ninjak

Castle Greyskull is a conduit to the Universe. That's why Skeletor and the Masters of the Universe want the Sorceress and the castle so greatly.

He-Man would tie with LT because that's really where his strength comes from.

SquallX

He punched the shit out of Pre Crisis Superman.

Omega Vision
^Right...in a non canon crossover
Originally posted by the ninjak
Castle Greyskull is a conduit to the Universe. That's why Skeletor and the Masters of the Universe want the Sorceress and the castle so greatly.

He-Man would tie with LT because that's really where his strength comes from.
Except even if his strength is Universal its still not the equal of the LT...

LT>Universe

the ninjak
^Right...in a non canon crossover

Except even if his strength is Universal its still not the equal of the LT...

LT>Universe

I stand corrected.
LT is multi.

He-man would lose an armwrestle against LT.
His sword should be able to take an Omega Beam though.
But if it came to a grappling contest Heman would obviously in time destroy Darkseid but it won't happen cause he'll cop a facefull of Omega Beams.

Parmaniac
How is someone like this:

Dk-6eHjECkc

supposed to loose to someone like this:

http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/15/disney_darkseid.jpg

Mumm Ra
Somehow, I don't imagine Darkseid wearing a MM cap and a balloon from Disney World. But I think Darkseid is at least two feet taller than Adora/She-Ra and weighs at least three times as much as She-Ra.

BruceSkywalker
Darkseid sends her back into the past using his omega beams

the ninjak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Darkseid sends her back into the past using his omega beams

I remember her sword being able to change into a shield.

And considering Heman's powersource.

You would think She-Ra's would be amped version of Cap's shield.

I say Darkseid attempts to Omega Ray She-Ra,
she jumps through the air tanking the effects,
cuts through Darkseid's eyes, causing him discomfort.
Then cuts his FRICKEN head off!

Mumm Ra
But the moment her sheild turns back into a Sword, she is vulnerable to his Omega beams from his eyes. Moreover, Darkseid can just punch at her shield with his fists. Do we know the extent of Darkseid's power?

DS should oneshot her with omega beams.

Digi

What are you basing that off of? I researched what I could about the canonicity of He-Man's past when I co-authored the respect thread, and it's one of the few franchises that doesn't discount comic or TV showings. Both are considered canon. No mention is made of the Superman crossover, but they were owned by the same company at the time so it wouldn't necessarily come under the same rules as Marvel/DC ones do these days.

The BS thrown around about He-Man is frustrating. People will openly talk about the Superman fight, for example, without realizing it's a 2-panel non-feat for both of them. But, so the story goes, his strength level fluctuates based on need, so it would be based on his power source which has never reached a limit. We can assume its limits are under that of, say, LT, but again can't be definitive about it. To say he's potentially the physically strongest under-abstract being is defensible, though not provable.

Where he falters is in durability. He can and has been knocked out. His durability is clearly comparable to herald-level, but isn't Superman level imo. Darkseid would wreck him. He also lacks flight, though his combat speed is effective enough to compete on such a level. He also possesses some energy absorbtion through his sword (think of a budget-rate Mjolnir in terms of feats).

Btw, his best feat is moving a planet into alignment with his strength. He's also thrown a small moon into orbit from his "Earth" (Eternia). The former is from TV, where his feats were generally a bit bigger, the latter however is from a comic.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by the ninjak
I remember her sword being able to change into a shield.

She-ra's sword did not need to be changed into a shield for blocking.

She used it to deflect bolts, lasers, etcetera in its standard form all the time.

quanchi112
She Ra wins.

Golgo13
Originally posted by 753
DS should oneshot her with omega beams.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Based on ?

pym-ftw
Is this Eternia vs DS's invading forces or a 1v1?

Well DS wins the latter, He-man the former...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.