Runner ( no gem) vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spire
Well?

Black bolt z
Still runner.

Bentley
Thor is no Superman...

Nihilist
Thor gets wrecked.

psycho gundam
inb4rage

Rage.Of.Olympus
Isn't the Runner's best feat wrecking Surfer?

Yea, Thor wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Isn't the Runner's best feat wrecking Surfer?

Yea, Thor wins. Wrecking thanos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Wrecking thanos. With the space gem, context..understand it.

TheLordofMurder
Even though I am big Thor fan, he cant beat the Runner...

The Runner will speed blitz until Thor falls to the ground unconscious...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wrecking thanos.

He had the Space Gem. Not impressed.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
With the space gem, context..understand it. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He had the Space Gem. Not impressed.

Please let me explain this so mabye people will finally understand.

The space gem allows people to teleport. It did not actually make the runner faster. He only thought it did because he arrived at a destination as soon as he left. This was because he was actually teleporting subconciously.

The runner was not amped when he fought thanos. At all.

Runner wrecked thanos alone end of context.

TheLordofMurder
As was explained on panel by Thanos himself, the Runner only used the Space Gem to teleport subconsciously; thats how he would sometimes arrive at a destination before he realized he'd actually left for it...

When the Runner was owning Thanos, it was under his own power...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty sure it was shown and/or stated by Thanos that the Space Gem was in play.

You've been wrong too many times for me to take your word on anything unless you post scans.

Edit: Let me go find the scans.

TheLordofMurder

The space gem allows people to teleport. It did not actually make the runner faster. He only thought it did because he arrived at a destination as soon as he left. This was because he was actually teleporting subconciously.

thumb up

Black bolt z
Pretty sure it was shown and/or stated by Thanos that the Space Gem was in play.

You've been wrong too many times for me to take your word on anything unless you post scans.

Edit: Let me go find the scans. Thanos did say the gem was in play but not in their fight.IIRC Thats when we found out that he was actually teleporting with the gem and it didn't make him faster.

I'm pretty sure it was Thanos quest 2 and not 1. Please re-read it because although you are usually right I am 99.9% sure I am right this time.

TheLordofMurder
@Rage

I have Thanos Quest issue 1 and 2 right here infront of me; the Runner used the Space Gem exactly as I and blackbolt explained he did...

Nihilist

facepalm Have you ever read the text and not just looked at the pictures?

For 1 i never said the gem made him run faster.

The gem allowed him to subconsciously manipulate space, thats why he was arriving at a destination before he even realized he was heading for it,(Thanos explains all this to Runner after he takes the gem from him). In other words the Runner was moving space around ie bringing it closer to him thats why he reached a destination as soon as he set off and why Thanos equiptment said Runner was going twice the speed of light.

So normal Runner wouldnt be able to do what he did.

TheLordofMurder
And yeah, it was Thanos Quest 2; the Runner is the 1st Elder he takes on in that issue...

psycho gundam

The gem allowed him to subconsciously manipulate space, thats why he was arriving at a destination before he even realized he was heading for it,(Thanos explains all this to Runner after he takes the gem from him). In other words the Runner was moving space around ie bringing it closer to him thats why he reached a destination as soon as he set off and why Thanos equiptment said Runner was going twice the speed of light.

So normal Runner wouldnt be able to do what he did. no

Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay: Thanos did say that the Gem didn't make Runner faster (Which is something I never argued by the way) but at the same time, Thanos' dialogue makes it seem like the Gem might have been in play.

Runner didn't seem to teleport in the fight, but I'm not sure if his ever shown actually teleportation like Pip.

Depends on interpretation or if there's any more evidence.

Nihilist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no Yes, as that is what the space gem allows you to do. Read the fight or anything involving the space gem and its capabilities.

Black bolt z

So normal Runner wouldnt be able to do what he did. No. Not at all. The gem did NOT amp him in that fight at all.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay: Thanos did say that the Gem didn't make Runner faster (Which is something I never argued by the way) but at the same time, Thanos' dialogue makes it seem like the Gem might have been in play.

Runner didn't seem to teleport in the fight, but I'm not sure if his ever shown actually teleportation like Pip.

Depends on interpretation or if there's any more evidence. AFAIK He didn't actually show teleportation but thanos said he was teleported subconciously.

Black bolt z
Yes, as that is what the space gem allows you to do. Read the fight or anything involving the space gem and its capabilities. Except its not.

Pip, an expert teleporter, was never shown to be able to bend space around him. Runner wouldn't be able to do it.

Not only that but bending space was NEVER said to be a capability of the space gem.

dmills
He had the gem, but as far as I can see there's zero evidence that suggests that he used it to gain an edge in that fight with Thanos. Anyways, Runner takes it handily.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
Thor is no Superman...

Colossus-Big C
i dont consider thor herald sometimes, he has operated at trans and even at skyfathers before

Bentley
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i dont consider thor herald sometimes, he has operated at trans and even at skyfathers before

I know how you feel, Superman does that all the time wink

dmills
i dont consider thor herald sometimes, he has operated at trans and even at skyfathers before Trans I may gave you, but skyfather?! Surely you jest? And the only reason ill even entertain trans is because it seems to be the most murky territory of all the tiers.

Isn't a trans-leveler someone who can regularly replicate a high heralds highest feats?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dmills
Trans I may gave you, but skyfather?! Surely you jest? well, he kicked majeston zelia's ass

Nihilist
No. Not at all. The gem did NOT amp him in that fight at all. AFAIK He didn't actually show teleportation but thanos said he was teleported subconciously. Originally posted by Black bolt z
Except its not.

Pip, an expert teleporter, was never shown to be able to bend space around him. Runner wouldn't be able to do it.

Not only that but bending space was NEVER said to be a capability of the space gem. How wrong do you want to be read Thanos own words on the capabilies of the gem or in fact read the Silver Surfer issue just prior to IG in which Thanso does just that with space and a planet.
Thanos said he used mental teleportation, which also means he can teleport himself or whatever he wants be just thinking about it thats why he reached his destination before he started running.

And as you say the gem never amped him at all, then why did Thanos instrument believe he was running at twice the speed of light.

Colossus-Big C
Trans I may gave you, but skyfather?! Surely you jest? ?
thor held his own aganst odin twice and managed to phase him even though thanos was useless against odin

thor absorbed a galaxy busting blast with his hammer

cracked celestial armor

chase galactus off

beat ego

shokosugi
Runner 10/10

Black bolt z
How wrong do you want to be read Thanos own words on the capabilies of the gem or in fact read the Silver Surfer issue just prior to IG in which Thanso does just that with space and a planet.
Thanos said he used mental teleportation, which also means he can teleport himself or whatever he wants be just thinking about it thats why he reached his destination before he started running.

And as you say the gem never amped him at all, then why did Thanos instrument believe he was running at twice the speed of light. Does just what? Teleports?

Yes. Thats what i've been saying. It didn't amp him in his fight with thanos.

Because he actually moves that fast if not faster...he caught up with surfer instantly while surfer was flying at top speed and thats past light.

An un-amped runner gave thanos a beat down. Its on panel. Stop wanking.

Black bolt z
cracked celestial armor

chase galactus off
Context.

psycho gundam
Yes, as that is what the space gem allows you to do. Read the fight or anything involving the space gem and its capabilities. the irony is that you're telling me to read that stuff to find something not on the comics.

runner literally bored through Thanos' chair....heck of a trick for the space gem, especially for a guy who explained what he was able to gain from the gem, and then thanos confirming it to be the lowest form of it's capabilities.

Pip > runner when it comes to using the space gem

zopzop
As Big C said, Thor all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

Nihilist
Does just what? Teleports?No, allow sthe user to do what he wants with space/planets via the gem,read Silver Surferv3 #44

Do you understand anything that is said, its shown on panel he used mental teleportation which isnt part of his regular powerset.

He doesnt move at twice th speed of light normaly like he did when he fought Thanos, i guess the Runner and Thanos own words are enough for someone llike you to understand he wasnt just running at great speeds and not using the gem at all.

This is a perfect example of why posters are now starting to think you just troll with your nothing statements and answers.

SuperiorTech
Runner

Black bolt z
No, allow sthe user to do what he wants with space/planets via the gem,read Silver Surferv3 #44

Do you understand anything that is said, its shown on panel he used mental teleportation which isnt part of his regular powerset.

He doesnt move at twice th speed of light normaly like he did when he fought Thanos, i guess the Runner and Thanos own words are enough for someone llike you to understand he wasnt just running at great speeds and not using the gem at all.

This is a perfect example of why posters are now starting to think you just troll with your nothing statements and answers. Yes...to an expert user. Runner didn't even know how to use it. He thought it just made him faster which it didn't as stated by thanos.

Yes he had this. But it didn't help him in his fight against thanos.

He was running at great speeds and not using the gem at all. Are you saying surfer can't fly at past light speed?

I've given on panel proof. Runner didn't use the gem when he wrecked thanos. Thats it.

Runner still wins this thread.

Nihilist
Yes...to an expert user. Runner didn't even know how to use it. He thought it just made him faster which it didn't as stated by thanos.Its got nothing to do with a expert user at all, and you stated it only let you teleport proving you didnt know what i was talking about(if you do tell what happened then.) .Stated on panel he was subconsciously manipulating space.

F*cking lol, he was mental teleporting, the gem also allows the user to be in more than 1 place at a time Silver Surfer v3#44, again stated on panel. He cant normaly mental teleport so it aided him fact.

Surfer has nothing to do with the instance im talking about, you show any other time he has gone at least twice the speed of light.

The only thing you have done is troll as you have ignored statements by both Runner and Thanos and proof that the gem allows you to manipulated space.

Black bolt z
Its got nothing to do with a expert user at all, and you stated it only let you teleport proving you didnt know what i was talking about(if you do tell what happened then.) .Stated on panel he was subconsciously manipulating space.

F*cking lol, he was mental teleporting, the gem also allows the user to be in more than 1 place at a time Silver Surfer v3#44, again stated on panel. He cant normaly mental teleport so it aided him fact.

Surfer has nothing to do with the instance im talking about, you show any other time he has gone at least twice the speed of light.

The only thing you have done is troll as you have ignored statements by both Runner and Thanos and proof that the gem allows you to manipulated space. Stated on panel he was teleporting. Pip, an expert user of the space gem, never displayed the ability to warp space. What makes you think runner, someone who didn't even know its true use, could do it?

No it didn't help him. He wasn't shown to have teleported at all in that fight. And thats the only thing he was shown to be able to do was teleport.

Are you claiming surfer cannot fly past light speed? Because runner was so fast surfer didn't even see him approaching when runner blitzed surfer.

ANd the runner never showed this ability. Runner wrecked thanos on his own. Accept that thanos can lose a fight.

psycho gundam
totally not mental teleportation

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3682/runnerthanos3.jpg

thanos is actually calculating dude's velocity......

you'd think the streaks and explaination from thanos would be enough...

leonidas
i was always under the impression that runner was at least as powerful as the grandmaster for some reason. maybe because of that early ss arc, or maybe some early defenders. my impression is he would be above thor. not sure the gem played much of a role in his dismantling of thanos.

celeyhyga17
To me, it implied that it seemed he was running faster than he usually does because of the space gem.. Runner thought he was speeding around under his own power. In reality, the space gem was allowing him to sort of port incrementally..

Black bolt z
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
To me, it implied that it seemed he was running faster than he usually does because of the space gem.. Runner thought he was speeding around under his own power. In reality, the space gem was allowing him to sort of port incrementally.. He arrived at a destination before he even knew he started running. This was because he pictured it in his head and he teleported there. He only thought the gem was letting him move faster.

Nihilist
Stated on panel he was teleporting. Pip, an expert user of the space gem, never displayed the ability to warp space. What makes you think runner, someone who didn't even know its true use, could do it?You didnt answer my question about Silver Surfer v3 #44 did you, i take it you dont have a clue then. Pip wasnt a expert user at all, read any of the early Infinty Watch comics you'll understand that Pips mind was only limited him to Teleporting, thats why Adam gave him the sapce gem(LT and Eternity have a convo about it as well) Again stated on panel by Thanos who knows more about the gem then the Runner via the power gem which can tap into nany gem and the info from looking into the Infinity well, he was manipulating space.

How can he only teleport, when you just said he he never telepoted in the fight, again read the Surfer issue i mentioned, the gem teleporting isnt like standard teleportation, it allows you to exist in several places at once.

When did i say anything about Surfer? oh thats right your trying to dodge what i asked about the Runner.

So Thanos,Runner and the on panel showing/statemantsare all wrong and your right eh.

I can accept Thanos loses a fight, you need to accept Runner didnt do it all under his own power, thats why the Runner said he never realized how fast he was UNTILL he had the gem, so all in all the gem aided him one way or another.

Black bolt z
You didnt answer my question about Silver Surfer v3 #44 did you, i take it you dont have a clue then. Pip wasnt a expert user at all, read any of the early Infinty Watch comics you'll understand that Pips mind was only limited him to Teleporting, thats why Adam gave him the sapce gem(LT and Eternity have a convo about it as well) Again stated on panel by Thanos who knows more about the gem then the Runner via the power gem which can tap into nany gem and the info from looking into the Infinity well, he was manipulating space.

How can he only teleport, when you just said he he never telepoted in the fight, again read the Surfer issue i mentioned, the gem teleporting isnt like standard teleportation, it allows you to exist in several places at once.

When did i say anything about Surfer? oh thats right your trying to dodge what i asked about the Runner.

So Thanos,Runner and the on panel showing/statemantsare all wrong and your right eh.

I can accept Thanos loses a fight, you need to accept Runner didnt do it all under his own power, thats why the Runner said he never realized how fast he was UNTILL he had the gem, so all in all the gem aided him one way or another. It wasn't a question. And thanos also had the other gems at the time. And runner was not manipulating space. Just teleporting. And yes pip was an expert teleporter. Warlock said this himself.

Yes the gem allows him to teleport. I never disputed that. But he didn't teleport in his fight with thanos.

So you ignore what I said. Now answer the question and don't dodge: Do you doubt surfer can fly past light speed?

Thanos and runner and on panel statements say i'm right. I suggest you re-read the comic.
And the gem did not aid him. Let me explain this to you again. The reason he said that was because he THOUGHT it made him faster. It didn't. It teleported him to the destination as soon he left. Thats why he thought he was moving much faster.

Nihilist
It wasn't a question. And thanos also had the other gems at the time. And runner was not manipulating space. Just teleporting. And yes pip was an expert teleporter. Warlock said this himself.It was a question.I knew you didnt know, Thanos used and demonstrated each gem on its own, hell he even explains it to Surfre and Drax. Warlcok said he was a expert teleporter thats all just teleporting, LT and Eternity even say he is only limited to that use of the gem.

So when else did he teleport then? So what or when did he mental teleport if he didnt do it in the fight.

Alright then yeah Surfre can go light speed, the Runner was going AT LEAST twice the speed of light, so you tell me when has he ever displayed that before.

My god you dont even realize how much you troll do you. So if it didnt make him go fatser and he didnt teleport at all (as you say) and didnt manipulate space, why did Thanos say he manipulted Space ? did Thanos lie. And why did Runner say he was reaching where he was going before he set off when showing of to Thanos? was the Runner wrong or lying?Thanks for admiting the gem aided him as you have just said her teleported to a destination as soon as he thought of it thumb up

And seeing as i answered you question, answer mine have you read the Surfer issue v3 #44 in which it shows a=everything i stated of what is possibl with the gem.

Black bolt z
It was a question.I knew you didnt know, Thanos used and demonstrated each gem on its own, hell he even explains it to Surfre and Drax. Warlcok said he was a expert teleporter thats all just teleporting, LT and Eternity even say he is only limited to that use of the gem.

So when else did he teleport then? So what or when did he mental teleport if he didnt do it in the fight.

Alright then yeah Surfre can go light speed, the Runner was going AT LEAST twice the speed of light, so you tell me when has he ever displayed that before.

My god you dont even realize how much you troll do you. So if it didnt make him go fatser and he didnt teleport at all (as you say) and didnt manipulate space, why did Thanos say he manipulted Space ? did Thanos lie. And why did Runner say he was reaching where he was going before he set off when showing of to Thanos? was the Runner wrong or lying?Thanks for admiting the gem aided him as you have just said her teleported to a destination as soon as he thought of it thumb up

And seeing as i answered you question, answer mine have you read the Surfer issue v3 #44 in which it shows a=everything i stated of what is possibl with the gem. Yes. So why would runner, who didn't know what the gem was, be able to do more then that?

He was stated to have teleport instead of run. He said he was running faster then he ever was before. He thought he was running faster. He was actually teleporting.

Ever displayed going past light speed? Considering surfer didn't even seen runner coming he was going so fast and we know surfer can go well beyond light speed it wouldn't be out of range for him to go twice lightspeed.

Because he used the gem to teleport instead of run before he fought thanos. Thats why he thought he was moving so fast.

This is not hard. Please just get it into your head. Runner didn't teleport in his fight with thanos. Runner thought the gem made him move faster since he was at a destination before he knew he left. This was because he was teleporting.

dmills
thor held his own aganst odin twice and managed to phase him even though thanos was useless against odin

thor absorbed a galaxy busting blast with his hammer

cracked celestial armor

chase galactus off

beat ego

A great feat for Mjolnir

One of my favs

Context

Impressive, but its been done by a few other high heralds as well.

The other stuff with Odin I don't know much about. But I don't see Thor doing anything to even annoy Odin, let alone hold his own.

dmills
totally not mental teleportation

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3682/runnerthanos3.jpg

thanos is actually calculating dude's velocity......

you'd think the streaks and explaination from thanos would be enough... Damn that brings back memories. Thanks for digging it up Gundam smile

zeel
Originally posted by Bentley
Thor is no Superman...

exactly thats why thor beats supes 6/10

runner for this win.

Spire
Ever displayed going past light speed? Considering surfer didn't even seen runner coming he was going so fast and we know surfer can go well beyond light speed it wouldn't be out of range for him to go twice lightspeed.

Why do you keep saying this? Surfer was talking to himself and Runner effectively ambushed him.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_talkingtohimself.jpg

Also, there is nothing it indicate how fast Surfer was traveling.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Spire
Why do you keep saying this? Surfer was talking to himself and Runner effectively ambushed him.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_talkingtohimself.jpg

Also, there is nothing it indicate how fast Surfer was traveling. Surfer always talks to himself. And didn't he try to out race the runner or something? Or start going faster? Either way he still bitched surfer and thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Can anyone tell me when Runner has ever outright speed blitzed an opponent to a knock out? Because I can't think of any instances, and that's the only way I see Thor losing this.

If he approached this fight as he did against Surfer, or even the more brutal fight against Thanos, I see him losing.

If this is one of those non character battles where there's no personalities involved, this is a pretty easy win for Thor. An omni directional blast of energy capable of teleporting those caught in it (As Thor has done) would end it.

Trans I may gave you, but skyfather?! Surely you jest? And the only reason ill even entertain trans is because it seems to be the most murky territory of all the tiers.

Isn't a trans-leveler someone who can regularly replicate a high heralds highest feats?

Thor has outperformed Skyfather level power.

dmills
Thor has outperformed Skyfather level power. Ok I'll bite. When was this and what's the context.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok I'll bite. When was this and what's the context.

Thor #300.

Black bolt z
Thor #300. Is that the one with the celestial? Context rage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is that the one with the celestial? Context rage.

Yes.

erm Context?

Black bolt z
Yes.

erm Context? Did he not have the belt of strength re-enforcing mjolnir then shot a godblast and Mjolnir still shattered?

Thats the context right? Impressive nonetheless but he was still amped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did he not have the belt of strength re-enforcing mjolnir then shot a godblast and Mjolnir still shattered?

Thats the context right? Impressive nonetheless but he was still amped.

baka

That was Thor #388. I'm referring to Thor #300.

He did outperform Skyfather level power in #388 as well however.

King Castle
you guys all suck on comic scans interpretations and facts of the gem. let an expert tell ya. i got 30 yrs of stored knowledge and comics of the warlock and infinity various series.

runner arrived to his destination by teleporting to his destination from time to time whether it was by folding space or just popping in, he wasnt aware when he was doing.

the space gem didnt make him faster in the fight with thanos b/c he wasnt phasing in and out but actually running and stopping to screw with thanos.

either way the gem leaves a very noticeable effect when used.

now for pip, yes, he has used the gem for more then just teleporting but actually folding space around him to make him appeared phased.. he did it when he fought some dictators henchmen when they went to rescue Firelord's soul..

having said that Thor omni blast him and beats him senseless

Mindset
Can anyone tell me when Runner has ever outright speed blitzed an opponent to a knock out? Because I can't think of any instances, and that's the only way I see Thor losing this.

If he approached this fight as he did against Surfer, or even the more brutal fight against Thanos, I see him losing.

If this is one of those non character battles where there's no personalities involved, this is a pretty easy win for Thor. An omni directional blast of energy capable of teleporting those caught in it (As Thor has done) would end it.

Thor has outperformed Skyfather level power. How many times has Thor done that?

King Castle
whenever he gets pissed and faces a real threat on his lvl or above.. angel

i verily tell thee, that most assuredly runner would fall under that categorythor

carver9
Runner stomps.

psycho gundam
i hate this thread

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
How many times has Thor done that?

More times than I've seen Runner speed blitz for a knock out.

Mindset
More times than I've seen Runner speed blitz for a knock out. So you don't know?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I told you:
More times than I've seen Runner speed blitz for a knock out.

Black bolt z
baka

That was Thor #388. I'm referring to Thor #300.

He did outperform Skyfather level power in #388 as well however. Then which one is thor 300?Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
More times than I've seen Runner speed blitz for a knock out. For how many showings he has vs. how many time he has done something no this is wrong.

Cuz runner speedblitz's on a regulae basis. thor doesn't omniblast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then which one is thor 300?

The one with the Odin Destroyer.

For how many showings he has vs. how many time he has done something no this is wrong.

Cuz runner speedblitz's on a regulae basis. thor doesn't omniblast.

Name me an instance where Runner speed blitzes his opponent to a victory. Because that his the only way I see him beating Thor.

He isn't beating a high end Thor and/or a Thor who fights effectively.

Thor's used omni directional attacks at least three times.

Black bolt z
The one with the Odin Destroyer.

Name me an instance where Runner speed blitzes his opponent to a victory. Because that his the only way I see him beating Thor.

He isn't beating a high end Thor and/or a Thor who fights effectively.

Thor's used omni directional attacks at least three times. All of asgard in the destroyer armor?

Surfer, Thanos...can't really think of how many people hes fought. But both of them he speedblitzed them to stomp them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
All of asgard in the destroyer armor?

Surfer, Thanos...can't really think of how many people hes fought. But both of them he speedblitzed them to stomp them.

Yes.

When did he speed blitz Surfer or Thanos to a knock out? If he approaches this fight like he did against Surfer, trying to go toe to toe he'd get his ass kicked. Heck, giving Thor moments to rest like he did against Thanos is all Thor would need to mount an offense etc.

Black bolt z
Yes.

When did he speed blitz Surfer or Thanos to a knock out? If he approaches this fight like he did against Surfer, trying to go toe to toe he'd get his ass kicked. Heck, giving Thor moments to rest like he did against Thanos is all Thor would need to mount an offense etc. What did thor to do outpreform a skyfather in that comic?

I'm pretty sure it was silver surfer #3...v3 I think. The same surfer series the IG crossovers were in. He absolutely stomped surfer. The elders were trying to get rid of him because they wanted to kill galactus. Runner stomped surfer and he was on a planet unconcious when mantis healed him back to full health.

He stomped thanos in thanos quest two. Thanos wasn't able to touch him. Runner was going to turn him into purple jelly. And thanos only beat him because runner stopped to monolouge then thanos turned him into a baby with the time gem.

dmills
Yes.

When did he speed blitz Surfer or Thanos to a knock out? If he approaches this fight like he did against Surfer, trying to go toe to toe he'd get his ass kicked. Heck, giving Thor moments to rest like he did against Thanos is all Thor would need to mount an offense etc. Why would that be? Thor ain't that far above Norrin if at all and he sure as hell isn't on Thanos level.

Mindset
I told you: OK, you don't know.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I already told you.

What did thor to do outpreform a skyfather in that comic?

I'm pretty sure it was silver surfer #3...v3 I think. The same surfer series the IG crossovers were in. He absolutely stomped surfer. The elders were trying to get rid of him because they wanted to kill galactus. Runner stomped surfer and he was on a planet unconcious when mantis healed him back to full health.

He stomped thanos in thanos quest two. Thanos wasn't able to touch him. Runner was going to turn him into purple jelly. And thanos only beat him because runner stopped to monolouge then thanos turned him into a baby with the time gem.

Go read the comic.

Okay, you're obviously not reading my posts or you're choosing to ignore what I'm saying. Once again: When did he speed blitz Surfer or Thanos to a knock out?

In the Surfer encounter, he dodged a few cosmic bolts, and overpowered him in hand to hand. If he tries to fight Thor the same way he did Surfer, he'd get his ass kicked.

In the encounter with Thanos he did come off looking more effective in combat with better utilization of his speed but once again, his nature got the better off of him. Stopping to monologue or playing around is all Thor would need to mount a defense or an offense.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would that be? Thor ain't that far above Norrin if at all and he sure as hell isn't on Thanos level.

Because of Thor's capabilities. He is. Depends on the Thor were using.

I wasn't impressed by his performance against Surfer or Thanos. Did he even do anything to Thanos? As I recall, all he did was destroy his chair, and dodged two blasts. I think he struck Thanos maybe once. If he did, it had no effect.

Besides, Thanos might not have the capabilities that Thor does to deal with someone like the Runner. Heck, Thanos didn't even mount any defense despite being able to track him. All Thanos did was reach for that chair as if he was drowning and it was air. Part of the plan to get Runner to stop moving perhaps.

For the record, I think Thanos defeats Runner as well.

psycho gundam
thanos wasn't in any trouble at all

not sure if the runner could even damage thanos' person really, and on top of that he had 3 infinity gems at the time, namely the power gem.

he was playing possum to get the runner to stop moving

Rage.Of.Olympus
thanos wasn't in any trouble at all

not sure if the runner could even damage thanos' person really, and on top of that he had 3 infinity gems at the time, namely the power gem.

Based on how the Elders came off as idiots, I'd guess he was just playing the part of a damsel in distress. I don't think Thanos would ever come off as that desperate. Especially not under Starlin in his quest.

Good point. That however begs the question: Did he use the other Infinity Gems? I don't have the comics on hand so I can't double check but I believe he only utilized the Time Gem of Infinity.

psycho gundam
Based on how the Elders came off as idiots, I'd guess he was just playing the part of a damsel in distress. I don't think Thanos would ever come off as that desperate. Especially not under Starlin in his quest.

Good point. That however begs the question: Did he use the other Infinity Gems? I don't have the comics on hand so I can't double check but I believe he only utilized the Time Gem of Infinity. he didn't declare he was using them, but he could use them if he needed to...but then again thanos had that whole interaction planned out long before it happened.

in thanos quest #1 he used his personal shielding to block the blows of an enraged power gem'd champion (and thanos was out of gems), so by no means was thanos defenseless like he was letting on

leonidas
i hate this thread

laughing

it is a little like a train wreck.

leonidas
so, when has runner been ko'd? i'm sure it must have happened, but i can't really recall a time off-hand.

psycho gundam
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/571/thanosquest02014.jpg

thanos was just acting

Rage.Of.Olympus
he didn't declare he was using them, but he could use them if he needed to...but then again thanos had that whole interaction planned out long before it happened.

in thanos quest #1 he used his personal shielding to block the blows of an enraged power gem'd champion (and thanos was out of gems), so by no means was thanos defenseless like he was letting on

He would if he needed to but I don't he was ever in any actual danger at any point.

Yea, Thanos would never come off so desperate. Not when the entire arc was him making the Elders look like a bunch of Brucies.

Black bolt z
I already told you.

Go read the comic.

Okay, you're obviously not reading my posts or you're choosing to ignore what I'm saying. Once again: When did he speed blitz Surfer or Thanos to a knock out?

In the Surfer encounter, he dodged a few cosmic bolts, and overpowered him in hand to hand. If he tries to fight Thor the same way he did Surfer, he'd get his ass kicked.

In the encounter with Thanos he did come off looking more effective in combat with better utilization of his speed but once again, his nature got the better off of him. Stopping to monologue or playing around is all Thor would need to mount a defense or an offense. So no answer?

And I gave you an answer. Silver Surfer #3.

Explain why. Thor can't react to speeds as fast as runner.

Yeah because Thor doesn't monolouge at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
Just because Thanos had other gems at his disposal doesn't mean he could have just pulled them out of his pocket and used them against Runner at any time.

It was ONLY when Runner stopped the blitz that Thanos was able to capitalize.

Black bolt z

Good point. That however begs the question: Did he use the other Infinity Gems? I don't have the comics on hand so I can't double check but I believe he only utilized the Time Gem of Infinity. Didn't he use some of the other gems against gransmaster? He he used either the space or reality gem on collector. Can't remember which.

leonidas
Originally posted by leonidas
so, when has runner been ko'd? i'm sure it must have happened, but i can't really recall a time off-hand.

confused

Mindset
I already told you.

No, you didn't.

You keep telling me something completely irrelevant to my question because you have a hard on for Thor.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Galan007
Just because Thanos had other gems at his disposal doesn't mean he could have just pulled them out of his pocket and used them against Runner at any time.

It was ONLY when Runner stopped the blitz that Thanos was able to capitalize. not at all

dumb drax was able to use his power gem even though he swallowed it, pip had his clenched between his toes, and the majority of the other users had theirs on their brows; it's location on you doesn't matter, you just have to will it to do something.

thanos also had the power gem so he should have been able to do far more than he showed, plus he already researched the gems from a cosmic repository of knowledge.

starlin was saving feats for ig imo

zopzop
You keep telling me something completely irrelevant to my question because you have a hard on for Thor.

Well I hate Thor/Odin and that whole crew but even I will tell you Runner will get his face stomped by Thor fairly easily.

Mindset
Originally posted by zopzop
Well I hate Thor/Odin and that whole crew but even I will tell you Runner will get his face stomped by Thor fairly easily. What does that have to do with my question?

Has Rage infected you? OH NO! IT'S SPREADING!

Rage.Of.Olympus
So no answer?

And I gave you an answer. Silver Surfer #3.

Explain why. Thor can't react to speeds as fast as runner.

Yeah because Thor doesn't monolouge at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

I told you the issue number. Go read it. I've referenced the feats from that issue dozens of times and more than once I've directed said feats at you (Which you promptly call PIS or some such).

You gave me no such thing. I know the issue number. I don't need a goddamn reference. I'm asking you when Runner has blitzed someone for a knockout because I can't think of any instances. Overpowering Surfer then blasting with energy isn't a blitz, and Thor is far more suited for such tactics than Norrin.

I doubt there's anything I can tell you about Thor's capabilities that I have not in the past that would be considered admissible in this fight. It's not my fault you have a short memory.

Perhaps not, but that doesn't mean Thor won't be able to get off attacks in between Runner's. Surfer and Thanos were capable of doing so.

True, Thor does monologue but when his in a fight, he usually does while attacking. But simply talking isn't Runner's problem. His nature (Which Thanos would call as idiotic) is his problem. If he were to blitz Thor then stop and gloat, it would not turn out well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, you didn't.

baka

I told you, Thor's done it more times than I've seen Runner speed blitz for a knock out (Which is the only way I see him winning this).

How many times has Thor used omnidirectional attacks? A handful of times. How many times has combined his omnidirectional attacks with teleportation capabilities? I can only think of only one. Three if you count Thor using lightning as a means of teleportation.

psycho gundam
so, when has runner been ko'd? i'm sure it must have happened, but i can't really recall a time off-hand. never

but then again he only fought in two of his ....like 8 ppearances

Mindset
I can only think of only one. Three if you count Thor using lightning as a means of teleportation. Was that hard?

How do you function in real life; it takes you hours to answer a simple question.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Was that hard?

How do you function in real life; it takes you hours to answer a simple question.

Extremely.

I manage.

Mindset
Extremely.

I manage. I'll take care of you.

I wont even beat you often.

psycho gundam
pause

Galan007
not at all

dumb drax was able to use his power gem even though he swallowed it, pip had his clenched between his toes, and the majority of the other users had theirs on their brows; it's location on you doesn't matter, you just have to will it to do something.

thanos also had the power gem so he should have been able to do far more than he showed, plus he already researched the gems from a cosmic repository of knowledge.

starlin was saving feats for ig imo The power gem was meaningless in that battle, as Thanos was far too slow to hit Runner with... Anything.

And unlike the power gem, the time gem requires conscious/precise thought to use properly -- a thought process Thanos was unlikely to enter while being blitzed to hell. When Runner stopped his onslaught in order to monologue, Thanos was able to gain the advantage because he was no longer getting pummeled, and was finally able to tap his gem.

dmills
For the sake of avoiding needless conjecture, let's say Thor on Average. I'm talking the entire course of his history, not that "lighting only" bullshyte that Marvel pulled over the last few years and certainly not only his high end stuff. I think you could safely assume that at least going by feats, that Thor is stronger then Norrin. However on paper they should be relative equals, which is par for the course with the high herald class. In either case, The Runner overpowered Norrin, and casually at that. Thor did it too, but it was done in one of the highest showings of his life during B&T.

So I'm saying on average The Runner should have little trouble with Thor just as he had little trouble with Norrin.

zopzop
In either case, The Runner overpowered Norrin, and casually at that. Thor did it too, but it was done in one of the highest showings of his life during B&T.

So I'm saying on average The Runner should have little trouble with Thor just as he had little trouble with Norrin.

Thor did more than overpower Surfer. He could have killed him easily if he wanted to. What's more it was revealed that Thor (and maybe Asgardians in general) is immune to the powers of the Soul Gem.

He took on Surfer and the entire Infinity Watch and was winning. Let's see Runner do that without an Infinity Gem.

zopzop
And unlike the power gem, the time gem requires conscious/precise thought to use properly -- a thought process Thanos was unlikely to enter while being blitzed to hell. When Runner stopped his onslaught in order to monologue, Thanos was able to gain the advantage because he was no longer getting pummeled, and was finally able to tap his gem.

Then how do you explain the Gardner using the Gem's power subconsciously to freeze his plants in their prime to make their beauty last forever (it was mentioned on panel by the way).

No if Thanos was really panicking, he could have used the Gem to stop time or something and then let loose on the Runner. But like others have pointed out, he was never really in any danger against the Runner to begin with.

dmills
That's a high end feat for Thor. You're not arguing that on average he's chumping high heralds right? Are you?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll take care of you.

I wont even beat you often.

I'm sure you will.

That's a shame. I have all of this pent up stuff that needs to be released.

zopzop
That's a high end feat for Thor. On average he isn't chumping high heralds right?

Sure he is, when he isn't chumping Skyfathers, Galactus, Exitar, etc....

dmills
Sure he is, when he isn't chumping Skyfathers, Galactus, Exitar, etc.... I have no words.

psycho gundam
The power gem was meaningless in that battle, as Thanos was far too slow to hit Runner with... Anything.

And unlike the power gem, the time gem requires conscious/precise thought to use properly -- a thought process Thanos was unlikely to enter while being blitzed to hell. When Runner stopped his onslaught in order to monologue, Thanos was able to gain the advantage because he was no longer getting pummeled, and was finally able to tap his gem. thanos could have rendered himself totally indestructible, teleported away, sped up time in his vicinity, etc

he didn't have to use the gems on runner at all when he could just use them on himself to make him the runner's superior with the same abilities the runner had.

then again, beating the runner wasn't his purpse, but using the runner as a barganingship with collector was, so thanos used guile instead of direct force.

Galan007
Then how do you explain the Gardner using the Gem's power subconsciously to freeze his plants in their prime to make their beauty last forever (it was mentioned on panel by the way).

No if Thanos was really panicking, he could have used the Gem to stop time or something and then let loose on the Runner. But like others have pointed out, he was never really in any danger against the Runner to begin with. I don't remember it being stated that Thanos was using the gems subconsciously. Mind pointing it out?

thanos could have rendered himself totally indestructible, teleported away, sped up time in his vicinity, etc

he didn't have to use the gems on runner at all when he could just use them on himself to make him the runner's superior with the same abilities the runner had.

beating the runner wasn't his purpse, but using the runner asa barganingship was, so thanos used guile instead of direct force. Oh I'm not saying Thanos didn't have more power than Runner. Quite the contrary.

All I'm saying is that he wasn't given the opportunity to use the bulk of those exotic powers against Runner during his initial blitz.

Mindset
I'm sure you will.

That's a shame. I have all of this pent up stuff that needs to be released. Don't worry, I'll by you some Thor comics, you can "release" to your hearts content.

zopzop
I have no words.

He did better vs Odin than Thanos did! He's gone toe to toe vs Zeus and held his own, that's something EVERY Eternal in Olympia couldn't do. Hell he was doing better vs Zeus than the Prime Eternal Zuras was doing.

He cracked Exitar's armor then shattered his skull. That's more than the combined might of not one, but three High Skyfaters could do!

He's driven Galactus away and almost killed him. Hell even a blow from Mjolnir badly hurt Galactus and he said so on panel.

I could go on but you get my point.

zopzop
I don't remember it being stated that Thanos was using the gems subconsciously. Mind pointing it out?

Gardner was. Thanos could have used it whenever he wanted to, since unlike Gardner, he actually knew of the Gem's power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't worry, I'll by you some Thor comics, you can "release" to your hearts content.

Promise?

I'd still appreciate it if you "helped".

Rage.Of.Olympus
He did better vs Odin than Thanos did! He's gone toe to toe vs Zeus and held his own, that's something EVERY Eternal in Olympia couldn't do. Hell he was doing better vs Zeus than the Prime Eternal Zuras was doing.

He cracked Exitar's armor then shattered his skull. That's more than the combined might of not one, but three High Skyfaters could do!

He's driven Galactus away and almost killed him. Hell even a blow from Mjolnir badly hurt Galactus and he said so on panel.

I could go on but you get my point.

laughing out loud

Go my creation, spread the word of Thor.

Galan007
Thanos could have used it whenever he wanted to Which would require conscious thought. My point is that Thanos wasn't given that opportunity when he was being blitzed.

Mindset
Promise?

I'd still appreciate it if you "helped". I'll let Quan watch, if that's what you mean by help.

zopzop
Which would require conscious thought. My point is that Thanos wasn't given that opportunity when he was being blitzed.

He sure as heck could've. If Gardner could do it subconsciously while being totally unaware of what the Gem was capable of, Thanos could too even if he was panicking (since he actually knows of the Gem's true nature).

But again, Thanos was NEVER in any danger vs the Runner so it's pointless.

dmills
Lmao @ Rage and Mindset!!!

psycho gundam
Which would require conscious thought. My point is that Thanos wasn't given that opportunity when he was being blitzed. for the purpose of rendering runner a baby yes

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll let Quan watch, if that's what you mean by help.

mhmm

I'm feeling more worthy now than ever.

Galan007
He sure as heck could've. If Gardner could do it subconsciously while being totally unaware of what the Gem was capable of, Thanos could too even if he was panicking (since he actually knows of the Gem's true nature).

But again, Thanos was NEVER in any danger vs the Runner so it's pointless. Proof, plz. While I like the theory, being aware of what something is capable of doesn't mean you can start 'auto-using' all of it's abilities. From what we SAW, any time Thanos used the time gem, it required conscious thought -- but if you can provide evidence to the contrary, I'll gladly accept your line of thought.

Physical danger? I agree. The power gem would've saw to his safety.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think at that point in time, the Time Gem required concentration on Thanos' part. That being said, I don't think Thanos was ever in any danger, Power Gem or not.

zopzop
Proof, plz. While I like the theory, being aware of what something is capable of doesn't mean you can start 'auto-using' all of it's abilities. From what we SAW, any time Thanos used the time gem, it required conscious thought -- but if you can provide evidence to the contrary, I'll gladly accept your line of thought.

I can show you scans of Thanos saying that the Gardner was subconsciously tapping into the Gem's power without even being aware of it's nature. Why couldn't Thanos do it if he was FULLY aware of the Gem's power even if he was being blitzed?

Thanos needed no Gems to deal with Runner. He wanted him alive to use as a bargaining chip with the Collector.

psycho gundam
then again, beating the runner wasn't his purpse, but using the runner as a bargainingship with collector was, so thanos used guile instead of direct force.

Galan007
I think at that point in time, the Time Gem required concentration on Thanos' part. That being said, I don't think Thanos was ever in any danger, Power Gem or not. I agree. But sans the gems, Runner wasn't in any danger either. Thanos was FAR too slow to be effective.

I can show you scans of Thanos saying that the Gardner was subconsciously tapping into the Gem's power without even being aware of it's nature. Why couldn't Thanos do it if he was FULLY aware of the Gem's power even if he was being blitzed? No reason to post the scans. Pretty sure everyone knows that ALL of the Elders Thanos encountered were tapping their gems subconsciously.

However, the few times Thanos used the TG, it required conscious thought (even when he used it against Runner himself.) Having said that, I'd rather not start speculating that he could have beaten Runner subconsciously -- especially when Thanos even admitted that he had no idea Runner was as fast as he was (ie. he was unprepared for a blitz of that magnitude.)

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree. But sans the gems, Runner wasn't in any danger either. Thanos was FAR too slow to be effective.

Fair enough. Outside of shields and omnidirectional energy projection (Has Thanos ever done this?) I don't think Thanos has anything else in his arsenal effective against the Runner. The Gems not taken into account of course.

Galan007
Fair enough. Outside of shields and omnidirectional energy projection (Has Thanos ever done this?) I don't think Thanos has anything else in his arsenal effective against the Runner. The Gems not taken into account of course. Thanos tried energy projection (via eye beams), iirc. Runner casually avoided them as he was running circles (literally) around Thanos. Don't know about omni-blasts, though. Might work if Runner was close enough. /shrug

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos tried energy projection (via eye beams), iirc. Runner casually avoided them as he was running circles (literally) around Thanos. Don't know about omni-blasts, though. Might work if Runner was close enough. /shrug

I doubt singular blasts would work. An omnidirectional attack should work.

It's how Thor would defeat Runner if he went right for the blitz.

Spire
If runner applies pressure via speed he could take it.

It wouldn't be easy considering Thor is actually a formidable combatant and if the Runner locks up with Thor like he did Surfer it wouldn't end well for him.

psycho gundam
Fair enough. Outside of shields and omnidirectional energy projection (Has Thanos ever done this?)

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7329/celestialquest3i.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5596/celestialquest3ii.jpg

at least it looks that way *shrug*

Rage.Of.Olympus
Clone.

psycho gundam
there's a pinch of irony in mentioning that

Rage.Of.Olympus
ha-som

D_Dude1210
What I didn't get with the Thanos quest arc is why Thanos just didn't stop time when he had the time gem in his possession. I'm sure stopping time is within the Time gem's abilities. stick out tongue

psycho gundam
the writer had to divulge info through thanos somehow

leonidas
never

but then again he only fought in two of his ....like 8 ppearances

yeah.... that's kind of what i thought. so the whole thing is speculation. we actually have no idea at all what it would take to ko runner, yet some are saying an omniblast from thor would do it?

hmmmm.... seem to recall some piling on in other threads when it came down to believing something without evidence....

IF runner is on the same level as say grandmaster, no way in hell thor's ko'ing him with a blast. and what about his emotional control? would thor even attack him if runner didn't want him to? runner also has TP, don't forget and i'm pretty sure there is a scan that shows his ability to turn intangible or to phase or something like that. a blast isn't going to do anything if he's intangible. the guy EFFORTLESSLY overpowered ss. i've seen ss do better against mephisto in HELL than he did in that battle against the runner. factor in the fact that he was beating hell out of the collector who himself has whooped the avengers, all this tells me runner is for sure a trans-level being and above thor.

runner takes this fight.

Galan007
factor in the fact that he was beating hell out of the collector who himself has whooped the avengers Forgot about that. thumb up

leonidas
that avatar is ..... well, it scares me a little. no expression

Galan007
Then my mission is complete. evillaugh

Rage.Of.Olympus
yeah.... that's kind of what i thought. so the whole thing is speculation. we actually have no idea at all what it would take to ko runner, yet some are saying an omniblast from thor would do it?

hmmmm.... seem to recall some piling on in other threads when it came down to believing something without evidence....

IF runner is on the same level as say grandmaster, no way in hell thor's ko'ing him with a blast. and what about his emotional control? would thor even attack him if runner didn't want him to? runner also has TP, don't forget and i'm pretty sure there is a scan that shows his ability to turn intangible or to phase or something like that. a blast isn't going to do anything if he's intangible. the guy EFFORTLESSLY overpowered ss. i've seen ss do better against mephisto in HELL than he did in that battle against the runner. factor in the fact that he was beating hell out of the collector who himself has whooped the avengers, all this tells me runner is for sure a trans-level being and above thor.

runner takes this fight.

It is a problem. We have no idea how far Runner's durability goes, but at the same time I highly doubt it's beyond Thor's ability to hurt or knock out.

At the same time, how do we know Runner has the striking power to knock out Thor with a blitz? Even against Surfer, he used energy projection to knock out Surfer. I think he was able to hurt the Collector with a blitz but I have no idea how durable he is in his base form. Besides, Thor was able to hurt Collector in his second form which I'm guessing is more durable? Here you go if it matters any:
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5657279_AST02-011.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5657281_AST02-012.jpg

Grandmaster level (What's his best durability feat by the way?), now whose speculating?

Either way, I have no idea what others have argued but I said Thor would release an omnidirectional blast not for a knock out but for a battle field removal.

Thor beat the shit out of Surfer effortlessly as well by the way and has had Mephisto on the run in his realm (The Mephisto comparisons mean little however).

When Surfer got mad, his emotional powers meant little.

This is why I hate debating with characters with few appearances.

Starscream M
We have no idea how far Runner's durability goes, but at the same time I highly doubt it's beyond Thor's ability to hurt or knock out.
there is something wrong with this statement erm

Black bolt z
I told you the issue number. Go read it. I've referenced the feats from that issue dozens of times and more than once I've directed said feats at you (Which you promptly call PIS or some such).

You gave me no such thing. I know the issue number. I don't need a goddamn reference. I'm asking you when Runner has blitzed someone for a knockout because I can't think of any instances. Overpowering Surfer then blasting with energy isn't a blitz, and Thor is far more suited for such tactics than Norrin.

I doubt there's anything I can tell you about Thor's capabilities that I have not in the past that would be considered admissible in this fight. It's not my fault you have a short memory.

Perhaps not, but that doesn't mean Thor won't be able to get off attacks in between Runner's. Surfer and Thanos were capable of doing so.

True, Thor does monologue but when his in a fight, he usually does while attacking. But simply talking isn't Runner's problem. His nature (Which Thanos would call as idiotic) is his problem. If he were to blitz Thor then stop and gloat, it would not turn out well. What did I call PIS. I'm just asking what feat he did that made him outshow skyfathers and what was the context.

He showed he can very easily blitz against thanos and he had no problem putting surfer down. Thor isn't beating him.

So once again you don't answer. I'm asking you for reaction speed feats from thor (the fastest which I have seen as like...a nanosecond? Which isn't 2x light speed).

I'm not saying he won't. I'm saying that IMO runner could dodge just about anything thor through at him and the rare times he is hit he can take it.

I won't deny this. But the same can be said for any villian monolouging ever. Just sayin.

Black bolt z

I could go on but you get my point. Heralds and high showings. They never end.

And still context.Originally posted by zopzop

But again, Thanos was NEVER in any danger vs the Runner so it's pointless. But theres a difference between subconciously stopping time and subconcously turning the fastest being in the universe into a baby.

Black bolt z
Fair enough. Outside of shields and omnidirectional energy projection (Has Thanos ever done this?) I don't think Thanos has anything else in his arsenal effective against the Runner. The Gems not taken into account of course. Once to my knowledge.Originally posted by leonidas

runner takes this fight. If they just met thor wouldn't attack runner. But IIRC surfer overcame the emotion manip during the fight and thor could probably do the same. Besides that I agree with everything.

Black bolt z
It is a problem. We have no idea how far Runner's durability goes, but at the same time I highly doubt it's beyond Thor's ability to hurt or knock out.

At the same time, how do we know Runner has the striking power to knock out Thor with a blitz? Even against Surfer, he used energy projection to knock out Surfer. I think he was able to hurt the Collector with a blitz but I have no idea how durable he is in his base form. Besides, Thor was able to hurt Collector in his second form which I'm guessing is more durable? Here you go if it matters any:
http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5657279_AST02-011.jpg http://s2d3.turboimagehost.com/t/5657281_AST02-012.jpg

Grandmaster level (What's his best durability feat by the way?), now whose speculating?

Either way, I have no idea what others have argued but I said Thor would release an omnidirectional blast not for a knock out but for a battle field removal.

Thor beat the shit out of Surfer effortlessly as well by the way and has had Mephisto on the run in his realm (The Mephisto comparisons mean little however).

When Surfer got mad, his emotional powers meant little.

This is why I hate debating with characters with few appearances. I don't doubt its beyond it either. But it is beyond it to like one shot him or something.

In his base form he constantly takes on avengers(sometimes without prep)

And as for thor BFRing I don't see that happening. I mean whats to stop the runner from just running back to the battlefield? Flash can do that. Unless its like a dimenstion BFR.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What did I call PIS. I'm just asking what feat he did that made him outshow skyfathers and what was the context.

He showed he can very easily blitz against thanos and he had no problem putting surfer down. Thor isn't beating him.

So once again you don't answer. I'm asking you for reaction speed feats from thor (the fastest which I have seen as like...a nanosecond? Which isn't 2x light speed).

I'm not saying he won't. I'm saying that IMO runner could dodge just about anything thor through at him and the rare times he is hit he can take it.

I won't deny this. But the same can be said for any villian monolouging ever. Just sayin.

The feats Thor committed during that arc. And I'm telling you to go find the issue or look for my earlier posts. You have a search button.

He didn't do anything impressive against Thanos. All he did was destroy his chair (Causing no harm to him IIRC) and Thanos was never in any danger. Putting Surfer down without any problem is something Thor has accomplished.

I'm tired of presenting feats for Thor only for you to forget them in the next thread we talk about.

It's more of his nature than anything else.

Galan007
You could combine posts, BBZ.

Just saying. ermmnone

Black bolt z
You could combine posts, BBZ.

Just saying. ermmnone I just do one post per page. Once I go to the next page I start a new post.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The feats Thor committed during that arc. And I'm telling you to go find the issue or look for my earlier posts. You have a search button.

He didn't do anything impressive against Thanos. All he did was destroy his chair (Causing no harm to him IIRC) and Thanos was never in any danger. Putting Surfer down without any problem is something Thor has accomplished.

I'm tired of presenting feats for Thor only for you to forget them in the next thread we talk about.

It's more of his nature than anything else. What earlier posts? In this thread. And i'd get it except all the comic shops within an hour of me don't have very old comics.

When has thor put down surfer without trouble? You talking blood and thunder? Once again context. With surfer being handicapped part of the fight and thor going all out. And he had a legitimite blitz against thanos.

OK so once again your not giving me scans or even a refernce. Is it that hard rage? To just say he did this against this character in this comic? i'd believe you as you always seem to know your stuff. You just need to type it.

Well he has had like 2-3 fights and has only stopped to monolouge once. So if you want t consider that "in character" ermmnone

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't doubt its beyond it either. But it is beyond it to like one shot him or something.

In his base form he constantly takes on avengers(sometimes without prep)

And as for thor BFRing I don't see that happening. I mean whats to stop the runner from just running back to the battlefield? Flash can do that. Unless its like a dimenstion BFR.

I don't think Thor would one shot him.

When has the Collector ever taken on the Avengers without prep, or bullshit and tricks? I think he had a decent showing in the East/West Coast crossover but that's the only time I recall him ever doing anything physical. Every other fight I've seen, it's been him using machines and inventions. I remember back in #51, a Robot that Goliath one shotted had the Collector screaming in pain in it's grip. Frankly, his Avenger showings made it seem that physically speaking, he was pretty weak which is why he relied on his intelligence.

Dimensional battle field removal.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>