Spike Spiegel vs Ladd Russo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Good ol fashioned fisticuffs

Spike:

L-524oeRyiY&feature=related

C7v7TTa5gc0

Ladd:

L290kg9dqrc&feature=related

Also, Ladd fought evenly and I think was actually winning against Chane whose a bullet timer.

menokokoro
Spike, his style is much more efficient against...well everything, boxing is just punching, spike would clobber him.

Nephthys
Yeah, I figured Spike's martial arts skills would give him an edge, but Ladd is a bullet-timer, so imo it should be a close fight.

menokokoro
Idk the context of his "bullet timing" so I can't argue for or against that, but from what I have seem, it is pretty obvious to me....guess i could do research LOL

Nephthys
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/baccano-ova-1-online#English

Scroll down and watch from 8.25 to 11.25. Another time Ladd fights a bullet-timer and wins.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by menokokoro
Spike, his style is much more efficient against...well everything, boxing is just punching, spike would clobber him.

Spike's fighting style is elaborated and impracticable. Wasted energy and no economy of movement, flashy movements meant to confuse distract that wouldn't be advisable against a skilled opponent. A skilled boxer would likely rail through a Jeet Kune Do practitioner. But this is fiction so reality doesn't really matter.

I think Ladd would win the majority.

Kento
Ladd would win.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Nephthys
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/baccano-ova-1-online#English

Scroll down and watch from 8.25 to 11.25. Another time Ladd fights a bullet-timer and wins. I don't know what is more impressive, the guys strength and bullet timing, or the wrenches durability.

Seeing this, I think I need to watch this show.

But also, Spike fought someone who was not only a bullet timer, but was a powerful psychic...given, he only beat the guy cuz he was psycho, but still, he survived a LOT of crap from that guy. please know what im talking about so i don't have to link it lol

Nephthys
Oh yeah, I know who that is, lol. Mad whatshisface, afraid of cats.

menokokoro
ok, started the first episode, so is Ladd one that can heal like that too? if so, no chance Spike could win this.

Nephthys
No, Ladds the crazy guy with the ripped off arm asking his gilrfriend whether she'd like him to kill her now. He's just a normal guy, so it says something that he's also the one you'd least like to meet in a dark alley.

menokokoro
Wow, I like this show so far, well at least the characters, haven't really gotten into the story yet.

menokokoro
ok, greatest ending to an anime EVER "I've got this fealing, that we haven't aged" lol, 70 years later.

also, yeah, i agree that ladd would win, he is better, but not by a huge margin.

Nephthys
Issac and Miriam are pretty much the most likeable characters ever imo.

If you follow the link above to animefreak you can see the OVA's as well. They're pretty sweet.

menokokoro
yeah, i watched them like right after i posted there. That ending was pretty good too, I would have hated it if they didn't describe it the way they did. Though, I do like closure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.