Heroclix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
Anyone play/collect? I stopped collecting years ago, after the Ultimates series was as released, but I'm thinking of taking it up again. I'm excited about the upcoming Giant Size X-Men roster, I really want that Deathverine figure.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292566

Scythe
Hey, I have some of those. They're kinda neat. I don't know what to do with them though since I never learned how to play. So they're just there being neat.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scythe
Hey, I have some of those. They're kinda neat. I don't know what to do with them though since I never learned how to play. So they're just there being neat.

I've never really played either but I have hundreds of the things. I was a closet nerd in high school, so I had no one to play with and didn't really want my friends to know I collected them. I used to look at my copies of the D&D player manuals and wish that my friends were nerds so I would have someone to play it with. Why did I need to be one of the cool kids in highschool? Why? sad

the ninjak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I've never really played either but I have hundreds of the things. I was a closet nerd in high school, so I had no one to play with and didn't really want my friends to know I collected them. I used to look at my copies of the D&D player manuals and wish that my friends were nerds so I would have someone to play it with. Why did I need to be one of the cool kids in highschool? Why? sad

Wish I knew ya in High School I would've joined in.
I'm the same had models but couldn't find anyone to play with.

inimalist
I have a bunch, pretty much exclusively post-avengers. I kind of stopped buying when wizkids declared bankruptcy, but the new spiderman set had some awesome figures (hammer of Thor, too, just less my cup of tea, and I'm just not as nostalgic for dc stuff).

that set looks astounding! an onslaught figure?!?! Nextwave figures!?!?!?!?!?? the juggernaut figure makes me at least hopeful they will fill out the current thunderbolts roster, and we might see a new manthing figure, one with regen at least this time

since I've moved I'm in the same boat as you guys though, nobody to play with, but so much money invested in figures....

the guy I used to play against did awesome custom figures too, anyone else into that? I tried sculpting them, but the clay was too brittle at that size. not to "toot my own horn", but I did come up with some unique dials and power mechanisms /nerd

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by inimalist
I have a bunch, pretty much exclusively post-avengers. I kind of stopped buying when wizkids declared bankruptcy, but the new spiderman set had some awesome figures (hammer of Thor, too, just less my cup of tea, and I'm just not as nostalgic for dc stuff).

that set looks astounding! an onslaught figure?!?! Nextwave figures!?!?!?!?!?? the juggernaut figure makes me at least hopeful they will fill out the current thunderbolts roster, and we might see a new manthing figure, one with regen at least this time

since I've moved I'm in the same boat as you guys though, nobody to play with, but so much money invested in figures....

the guy I used to play against did awesome custom figures too, anyone else into that? I tried sculpting them, but the clay was too brittle at that size. not to "toot my own horn", but I did come up with some unique dials and power mechanisms /nerd

I didn't know they went bankrupt. Did someone with deep pockets buy the company, because when I was looking at the new roster I saw announcements for Street Fighter and Lord of the Rings Heroclix, neither of which could be cheap properties.

Never tried custom figures, but that could be fun.

inimalist
I didn't know they went bankrupt. Did someone with deep pockets buy the company, because when I was looking at the new roster I saw announcements for Street Fighter and Lord of the Rings Heroclix, neither of which could be cheap properties.

Wizkids went bankrupt (the inital makers of heroclix)

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but afaik, clix were one of, if not the only, product line that was financially viable, so someone (NCEA) did pick it up.

NCEA did some things to try and "reinvent" the game (nothing major, a couple of very good cosmetic changes though , but ultimately, they have stuck with trying to make awesome sets, and ya, expand it into other genres.

Arkham Assylum was the last "Wizkids" set, Hammer of Thor was done by Wizkids, but released by NCEA

Never tried custom figures, but that could be fun.

its lots of fun. My buddy has done several deadpools, to the point where his tend to look better than the real ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.