Akuma vs Groudon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
Akuma vs Groudon the Continent Pokemon

ScreamPaste
o_O;

BloodRain
Groudon for strength and move advantage?

StyleTime
Groudon gets in a rock polish and swords dance then proceeds to sweep Akuma's team.

TheGoldenSpy
Akuma can evidently sink landmasses with punches, has hadoukens and he is quite fast. Groudon probably can aswell but his biggest problem that he isn't very mobile from what I have seen.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by StyleTime
Groudon gets in a rock polish and swords dance then proceeds to sweep Akuma's team. Akuma has a team?

StyleTime
No. It was a humorous reference to competitive pokemon.

Well, I found it humorous. uhuh

ScreamPaste
UBERS are banned from standard play. 131

StyleTime
Just consider it suspect testing for Gen VI.

Pokemon: Street and Pokemon: Fighter

ha-som

AsbestosFlaygon
Just so you know, Groudon is strong enough to pull continents.

ScreamPaste
Gonna be honest, my money is in Groudon for the time being, I don't think Akuma can destroy him.

TheAuraAngel
He should be able to destroy him. Groudon is only 10 feet tall.

However, Groudon and Kyogre changed the world when they fought, So Groudon should be packing more power.

ScreamPaste
Eh, fighting Kyogre as mentioned earlier reshaped the face of the Earth, that implies a fair amount of damage soak.

Frisky Dingo
I'm pretty sure that Gouki is going 2 win this. The SGS should tear its soul 2 sreds

StyleTime
Pokemon have no souls. biscuits

On a serious note, can someone shed some light on that? I play competitive pokemon, but I don't really follow the canon much at all. How do they fare vs soul based attacks?

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Just so you know, Groudon is strong enough to pull continents.

This is Regigigas, not Groudon.

I'm just going to say Groudon too. The battle with Kyogre does imply some good Damage soak, especially when it comes to being weak to Kyogre's attacks. And I'd imagine there can be a fair amount of force behind the tidal waves that I think Kyogre could hit him with.

@StyleTime

There isn't a whole lot of soul based stuff in Pokemon. Of the little I can name, I believe it's that Dusknoir is the grim reaper that guides Souls to the next world, some Ghost Pokemon are legitimately the souls of dead Pokemon, and Spiritomb is made up of about 100 souls.

There may be some Pokemon that eats souls too. But I don't remember.

No End N Site
What the hell is Haunter Ghastly, Haunter, and Gengar?

MooCowofJustice
Gastly is mostly gases. I don't know much about Haunter and Gengar, but like I said, some Pokemon are legitimately the souls of dead Pokemon.

TheGoldenSpy
Has akuma shown resistance to psychic/mind control attacks?

Groudon can possibly posses and make Akuma punch his own face off with island sinking power.

Frisky Dingo
Gouki's mind is 2 strong 2 B fooled with. Bending the Satui No Hado 2 his will is proof of that. It's Y Bison, nor Seth ever try 2 mess with him. And brain washing is Bison's official hobby, stated by Capcom themselves and win his Psychic powers R converted 2 raw enerrgy, it can turn Ntire cities N2 dust. So psychic powers R nothing new N the world of SF.

ScreamPaste
Groudon doesn't /have/ psychic powers, he's a physical beast though who can reshape a planet. no expression

Frisky Dingo
If he has a soul, he will die.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
If he has a soul, he will die. Can you prove Gouki can attack it before Groudon uses said world-shaping physical might to smear Gouki?

StyleTime
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

@StyleTime

There isn't a whole lot of soul based stuff in Pokemon. Of the little I can name, I believe it's that Dusknoir is the grim reaper that guides Souls to the next world, some Ghost Pokemon are legitimately the souls of dead Pokemon, and Spiritomb is made up of about 100 souls.

There may be some Pokemon that eats souls too. But I don't remember.
I see. That's the main thing that keeps me from giving the nod to Groudon just yet. I think Groudon is likely stronger/tougher than Akuma, but SGS might be a problem.

No End N Site
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can you prove Gouki can attack it before Groudon uses said world-shaping physical might to smear Gouki?

So how fast is Groudon? Cuz if we take SFIV's version of the move, all he has do is say "Raging Demon".

And seriously, if dude can sink islands at holding back levels. Then has a move that translates to "continent destroyer" and then can go Shin and is suspected to be able to cause nuclear winters and then can go Oni, which based off of gameplay alone, is like 10X stronger than Shin, I don't think now is the right time to write Akuma off or ignorantly underestimate him at all...

Just sayin...

I refuse to take sides in anymore Akuma debates 'til Oni's story is explained, but when there are facts to be layed out (and in a thread like this, facts are needed, indeed) it is my duty to do so.

NemeBro
Originally posted by No End N Site
So how fast is Groudon? Cuz if we take SFIV's version of the move, all he has do is say "Raging Demon".

And seriously, if dude can sink islands at holding back levels. Then has a move that translates to "continent destroyer" and then can go Shin and is suspected to be able to cause nuclear winters and then can go Oni, which based off of gameplay alone, is like 10X stronger than Shin, I don't think now is the right time to write Akuma off or ignorantly underestimate him at all...

Just sayin...

I refuse to take sides in anymore Akuma debates 'til Oni's story is explained, but when there are facts to be layed out (and in a thread like this, facts are needed, indeed) it is my duty to do so. I don't play Pokemon. I don't know how fast Groudon is.

But "If he has a soul, he will die," is an ignorant statement that oversimplifies the fight.

The translated name of the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan is not actually evidence.

The difference between sinking an island and pulling a continent or reshaping the world is gigantic.

While Oni Akuma is obviously something new under Akuma's belt and may showcase more impressive feats (Or not, since Shin's only feat that I recall is noncanon), we have yet to see any, so until we get some clarification, such hyperbole should not be considered.

Do note I have yet to actually say if someone wins, I was only commenting on Frisky Dingo's verdict, which has yet to have substantial evidence provided.

Oh, and because I do not know, would you mind telling me where you got the bit at the top of your post, that using the Shun Goku Satsu would simply be a matter of saying "Raging Demon?"

Tha C-Master
When he did it at Gouken at the end of his movie.

TheGoldenSpy
Still no evidence of resistance to mind control. Any evidence will do though. As far as I recall bison has never attempted to posses akuma. Simply saying they don't mess with him or his mind is too strong doesn't cut it. He's fair game if groudon is fair game to raegin demon.

Groudon mind rapes akuma and makes him punch himself into orbit.

Tha C-Master
I was talking about the raging demon by hand.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
When he did it at Gouken at the end of his movie. Huh, know a place I can watch said scene?

Tha C-Master
You know where he tried it on Gouken before replying on the "power of nothingness" and they stood off facing each other "Winner claims the pup".

It was Gouken's ending actually.

NemeBro
Gonna go watch in a minute then, since I honestly do not remember lol.

Tha C-Master
Yea, he's talking about Akuma raising his hand and saying it. That's all.

StyleTime
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Still no evidence of resistance to mind control. Any evidence will do though. As far as I recall bison has never attempted to posses akuma. Simply saying they don't mess with him or his mind is too strong doesn't cut it. He's fair game if groudon is fair game to raegin demon.

Groudon mind rapes akuma and makes him punch himself into orbit.
I don't think Groudon has mindrape powers, but I could be wrong.

AsbestosFlaygon
Groudon does NOT have psychic powers.

The only psychic move it can learn is 'Rest', which is a non-offensive move.

MooCowofJustice
Would intense sunlight affect Akuma at all? I doubt it, but it'd be nice to know since it's going to be called automatically.

Akuma's resistance to Fire and general energy attacks would be nice to know as well. I'm assuming those will be fairly high what with Hadoken and the Shoryuken things flying around.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy

Groudon mind rapes akuma and makes him punch himself into orbit. Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Gouki's mind is 2 strong 2 B fooled with. Bending the Satui No Hado 2 his will is proof of that. It's Y Bison, nor Seth ever try 2 mess with him. And brain washing is Bison's official hobby, stated by Capcom themselves and win his Psychic powers R converted 2 raw enerrgy, it can turn Ntire cities N2 dust. So psychic powers R nothing new N the world of SF.

Would intense sunlight affect Akuma at all? I doubt it, but it'd be nice to know since it's going to be called automatically.

Akuma's resistance to Fire and general energy attacks would be nice to know as well. I'm assuming those will be fairly high what with Hadoken and the Shoryuken things flying around.

Gouki has tanked lava B4 and Dfeated a man who can raise massive mountains of fire and ice with the wave of his hand. So I think Gouki has very hi resistance 2 heat and cold.

Frisky Dingo
I don't play Pokemon. I don't know how fast Groudon is.

But "If he has a soul, he will die," is an ignorant statement that oversimplifies the fight.

The difference between sinking an island and pulling a continent or reshaping the world is gigantic.

While Oni Akuma is obviously something new under Akuma's belt and may showcase more impressive feats (Or not, since Shin's only feat that I recall is noncanon), we have yet to see any, so until we get some clarification, such hyperbole should not be considered.

Do note I have yet to actually say if someone wins, I was only commenting on Frisky Dingo's verdict, which has yet to have substantial evidence provided.

Oh, and because I do not know, would you mind telling me where you got the bit at the top of your post, that using the Shun Goku Satsu would simply be a matter of saying "Raging Demon?"

Y is it okay 4 every1 2 side with Groudon but win I side with Gouki, yur all up N arms? That's not right, @ all.

KKZ is not evidence, but win a man can sink an island with 1 hand while holding back decades B4 the most current SF, win he has move that translates 2 him being able 2 Dstroy a continent. I think the move can B taken seriously. Gouki is no bull shitter. Win he names a move, it usually has the name 4 a reason and is usually quite literal.

Capcom would not have Gouki accomplish a feat N an all Capcom fighting game, that he is not already capable of. Especially since much of the game's background N4mation coincides with canon. Oni doesn't have 2 showcase much of anything if we already no that N his far weaker form, he can cause an impact capable of blocking out the sun.

U did a fantasticly awesum good job @ "commenting on my verdict"! So much so, rather than point out what U thought was wrong, U ran 2 the opposite end of the Dbate.

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Groudon does NOT have psychic powers.

The only psychic move it can learn is 'Rest', which is a non-offensive move.

Clearly has Pikachu possesed and is controlling him in this video. Does the Anime count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6AyXt_v2Lo

EDIT
Canon Street Fighter Feats for Akuma and Groudon only please. Non canon crossover material is not allowed for the thread.

TheGoldenSpy
Nevermind it was an orb groudon doesn't have phychic attacks.

No End N Site
I don't play Pokemon. I don't know how fast Groudon is.

Yo, yo, yo! Chill, chill, chill cousin! Jist of the post was that, at this point, too many unknowns to argue for Akuma's case, which was his case before, but now it's worse.

Can't see how you can type with your hands Akuma gets "smeared" when you 'really' don't know what his full power is. It's like arguin' against Goku when we've only seen him in his normal state but know he can go SSJ2.

MooCowofJustice
Except arguing against Goku is terrible anyway. Carver's usually there.

No End N Site
The baised Carver usually argues against is just as bad as he is.

MooCowofJustice
Not when I was there. erm

Still though, nobody ever gave me an answer on the intense sunlight. At least I don't think so.

No End N Site
Well I've seen it...and it is ridiculous.

Don't think intense sunlight will have much of an effect. He's tanked hotter.

StyleTime
Barring some sarcastic comments, I think carver9's cases are given fair consideration. The problem is his Level 5 Lowball Special.

What is the general board consensus on Pokemon movelists on the forum? As long as they can legitimately learn the move in game, they can use it on the forums?

No End N Site
Originally posted by StyleTime
Barring some sarcastic comments, I think carver9 has a more skewed perception than his standard opposition.

Not when it comes to Dragonball Z...

MooCowofJustice
No, seriously, Carver is pretty bad about it.

Intense sunlight wouldn't need to harm him or anything, but would it cause him to lose stamina quicker or anything? Really, anything will help.

No End N Site

Intense sunlight wouldn't need to harm him or anything, but would it cause him to lose stamina quicker or anything? Really, anything will help.

Do not understand what you asking. I don't think intense sunlight would do anything.

Tha C-Master
No, seriously, Carver is pretty bad about it.

Intense sunlight wouldn't need to harm him or anything, but would it cause him to lose stamina quicker or anything? Really, anything will help. You've noticed him eh?

MooCowofJustice
I was in the Cross Genre fora while, yeah.

Tha C-Master
Haha, yea the mismatches there are something of legend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.