I Saw the Devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23192

Its awesome. Kim and Lee are great as always thumb up

I only saw the theater release which is cut for a softer audience and not the directors cut.

The Nuul

jaden101
His films are a hit and miss for me. A tale of two sisters I thought was superb but A bittersweet life I thought was poorly executed. The violence and blood didn't seem to fit in with the tone of the film in that it appeared more exaggerated like a B movie homage but with a big budget (similar to that of Kill Bill). That kind of gore and blood obviously fits in with the style of Kill Bill but not with what appears to be a more serious thriller.

I'll check this out though and rate it on it's own merits but so far I've only regarded Kim Jee-woon as a diamond in the rough.

The Nuul
I've only seen these ones. A Bittersweet Life is the only one I didnt like and the other 3 are fantastic. Even still hes a lot better director than a lot of westerners.

2003 A Tale of Two Sisters
2005 A Bittersweet Life
2008 The Good, the Bad, the Weird
2010 I Saw the Devil

jaden101
Originally posted by The Nuul
Even still hes a lot better director than a lot of westerners.

If only that was saying a lot. Unfortunately it seems to be less and less of a compliment.

MildPossession
Adore all his films so far, this I've yet to see. Not out here yet.

RocasAtoll
Can't wait for this.

Actually, I find A Bittersweet Life to be his best movie. It's one of my favorite movies of the past 10 years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.