Who is the weakest character who can beat Nimrod every single time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Given its ability to reconstruct from near-total destruction, adapt to enemy powers/tactics, and scan an opponent for weaknesses and come up with a lethal means of dealing with said foe (overcame Wolverines healing factor in the future and was able to kill him as a result, and was even able to defeat Cytorraks enchantment and directly harmed Classic Juggernaut; was killing him), Nimrod is a very formidible foe...

So with that stated, who is the weakest character in comics that could beat this killing machine every single time?

Gecko4lif
Amazo

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Amazo

So you think a bonafide Trans Tier character would be the weakest who could take Nimrod out every single time?

I had someone else in mind, but I want to see what a few more of you think before posting my thoughts...

shokosugi
Wolverine

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by shokosugi
Wolverine

Oh yes!!! We have teh duh winnar!!!

:P

zopzop
LoM, I'm guess any technopath?

Any one with matter manip? I can't think of any names right now, fixing my sister's heavily infected pc sad

-K-M-
Madison Jeffries, he apparently made Nimrods in the Days of Future Now timeine.

Black bolt z
Ultron.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop

Any one with matter manip? I can't think of any names right now, fixing my sister's heavily infected pc sad

Technopaths and those with matter manipulation are the best matchups against Nimrod...

Its "iffy" with technopaths though, as Nimrod is sentient...and thus is capable of resisting being controlled.

I definitely feel someone that is strong with matter manipulation...like the Silver Surfer (who is my pick for the weakest who could beat this guy every single time btw)...would be best suited to deal with Nimrod.

After shattering his frame, someone with good matter manipulation could reduce him further (down to his basic atomic components) and then spread him out over a large area; this would be sufficient to pervent him from reconstructing and destroy him permanently.

So again, I think the Silver Surfer is the weakest character that could do it; it must be stated though that all of Galactus's Heralds should be strong with matter manip, but the Surfer is the only one of them that I have seen (or atleast that I can recall seeing at the moment) demostrate "non-focused" matter manip...

For example, Terrax's matter manip seems to be focused on rock and earth, Firelord's seem to be focused on whatever that strange fire it is that he creates...

Surfer, on the other hand, has shown a much wider range of what he can affect with his matter manipulation powers than Galactus's other heralds; so I think Surfer is better equipped to deal with Nimrod than the others...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Its "iffy" with technopaths though, as Nimrod is sentient...and thus is capable of resisting being controlled. Cyborg Superman is able to control sentient robots.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Cyborg Superman is able to control sentient robots.

Very true, but that doesnt mean that he could automatically control Nimrod either...

I would think a sentient robot with enough "willpower" could resist Cyborg Superman's control attempt, but there is no way of knowing either way if this would work on Nimrod...

Nimrod does adapt against attacks/abilties used against him, so maybe Nimrod could break his control with enough time (assuming that CS could do this to him in the 1st place)...

Bentley
Warlock the technarc?

Uriel005
Forge. He built him... Build another to counter

SquallX
He sounds like a rip off of Amazo.

psycho gundam
Given its ability to reconstruct from near-total destruction, adapt to enemy powers/tactics, and scan an opponent for weaknesses and come up with a lethal means of dealing with said foe (overcame Wolverines healing factor in the future and was able to kill him as a result, and was even able to defeat Cytorraks enchantment and directly harmed Classic Juggernaut; was killing him), Nimrod is a very formidible foe...

So with that stated, who is the weakest character in comics that could beat this killing machine every single time? superman probably

zopzop
I definitely feel someone that is strong with matter manipulation...like the Silver Surfer (who is my pick for the weakest who could beat this guy every single time btw)...would be best suited to deal with Nimrod.

After shattering his frame, someone with good matter manipulation could reduce him further (down to his basic atomic components) and then spread him out over a large area; this would be sufficient to pervent him from reconstructing and destroy him permanently.

So again, I think the Silver Surfer is the weakest character that could do it; it must be stated though that all of Galactus's Heralds should be strong with matter manip, but the Surfer is the only one of them that I have seen (or atleast that I can recall seeing at the moment) demostrate "non-focused" matter manip...

For example, Terrax's matter manip seems to be focused on rock and earth, Firelord's seem to be focused on whatever that strange fire it is that he creates...

Surfer, on the other hand, has shown a much wider range of what he can affect with his matter manipulation powers than Galactus's other heralds; so I think Surfer is better equipped to deal with Nimrod than the others...

I was thinking more along the lines of transmuting him to salt or something big grin Is Surfer seen as more powerful than Sersi? If so, I nominate her as the weakest character that can reliably win vs Nimrod.

zopzop
Originally posted by SquallX
He sounds like a rip off of Amazo.

Unless I'm missing something, they have nothing in common aside from being sentient robots.

Q99

Hm, The Great Machine? (From Ex Machina. The mayor of NY)

TheLordofMurder
I was thinking more along the lines of transmuting him to salt or something big grin Is Surfer seen as more powerful than Sersi? If so, I nominate her as the weakest character that can reliably win vs Nimrod.

Sersi definitely has the "goods" to put Nimrod down, but does she have the durability to stand up to him in the meantime? The Surfer definitely does, but I am not so sure about her...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, The Great Machine? (From Ex Machina. The mayor of NY)

Not at all familiar with The Great Machine...what can it do?

More importantly, what are its weaknesses as Nimrod is a beast at weakness exploitation...

zopzop
Sersi definitely has the "goods" to put Nimrod down, but does she have the durability to stand up to him in the meantime? The Surfer definitely does, but I am not so sure about her...

True that, but she's an Eternal. They have complete control over their bodies down to a molecular level. Plus she can generate TK forcefields to further bolster her defenses.

She just needs a second or two and that's that. In the Chaos King arc she transmuted air molecules to form an adamantium shield or something.

carver9
The only person I could see is the surfer as well but he is going have to fight smart to do this or nimrod will adapt and create something to take surfer out. Its a possbility that he could lose 1 or 2 out of 10 because surfer rarely use all of his abilities in a fight.

Q99
Not at all familiar with The Great Machine...what can it do?

More importantly, what are its weaknesses as Nimrod is a beast at weakness exploitation...

He's a normal human physically, and he has the ability to talk to and command machines.

"Turn off." Done smile

Assuming his power works on tech as advanced as Nimrod's, at least.

-Pr-
Most decent heralds could do it. Dunno who the weakest would be, though.

-K-M-
Originally posted by -K-M-
Madison Jeffries, he apparently made Nimrods in the Days of Future Now timeine.

TheLordofMurder
True that, but she's an Eternal. They have complete control over their bodies down to a molecular level. Plus she can generate TK forcefields to further bolster her defenses.

She just needs a second or two and that's that. In the Chaos King arc she transmuted air molecules to form an adamantium shield or something.

If she can do that, then she very well could beat him every single time...good job!

smile

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
The only person I could see is the surfer as well but he is going have to fight smart to do this or nimrod will adapt and create something to take surfer out. Its a possbility that he could lose 1 or 2 out of 10 because surfer rarely use all of his abilities in a fight.

Well since the Big-G made the Surfer...I dont know...more uncaring?

I am thinking that the Surfer would have no mercy on a machine like Nimrod and decisively destroy him with the Power Cosmic...

carver9
Well since the Big-G made the Surfer...I dont know...more uncaring?

I am thinking that the Surfer would have no mercy on a machine like Nimrod and decisively destroy him with the Power Cosmic...

I agree but you are forgetting about nimrods powers as well. He can create shields, intagibility, scan, create weakness, heals instantly, etc... etc...

Surfer is careless but CIS is still there and he would have to work to accomplish a 10/10 because again, given time, he could potentially lose this fight.

It only takes seconds for nimrod to scan you and create something, surfer isn't beating him that fast.

Surfer rarely if ever starts battles of by matter manipulating and he won't do it here.

TheLordofMurder
I agree but you are forgetting about nimrods powers as well. He can create shields, intagibility, scan, create weakness, heals instantly, etc... etc...

Surfer is careless but CIS is still there and he would have to work to accomplish a 10/10 because again, given time, he could potentially lose this fight.

It only takes seconds for nimrod to scan you and create something, surfer isn't beating him that fast.

Surfer rarely if ever starts battles of by matter manipulating and he won't do it here.

Very true...I cant argue with that...good job!

smile

Q99
Hm, I'm trying to think if there's any magic characters with the ability to just shut-off tech or similar.

Uriel005
Like I said Forge will create a better nimrod to counter nimrod.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Uriel005

Forge could do that, but that isnt quite what I was looking for in this thread; besides, this theoretical "Nimrod 2.0" doesnt exist at the moment...

carver9

Then it isn't forge that is beating him, its forge creation and how powerful is this creation, high herald, super saiyan, skyfather... we don't know so that type of argument isn't helping LOM question.

-Pr-
People are making the same "he can come up with something" argument for Nimrod. It can't go just one way.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by -Pr-
People are making the same "he can come up with something" argument for Nimrod. It can't go just one way.

But that is what Nimrod does; he adapts against tactics/powers used against him and is able to scan opponents and come up with a lethal means of dealing with said foe...

There are no known limits to his abilities of adaptation; surely a limit exists, but it hasnt been demostrated yet; afterall, defeating Cytorraks enchantment is a pretty good feat...

-Pr-
But that is what Nimrod does; he adapts against tactics/powers used against him and is able to scan opponents and come up with a lethal means of dealing with said foe...

There are no known limits to his abilities of adaptation; surely a limit exists, but it hasnt been demostrated yet; afterall, defeating Cytorraks enchantment is a pretty good feat...

I know about nimrod, and you're right, a limit does exist. as long as people keep that in mind, that's fine.

-K-M-
Once again...Madison Jeffries

-K-M-
hmmm...I wonder if Mr.Terrfic II would work as well. Nimrod wouldn't be able to scan or see him.

-Pr-
hmmm...I wonder if Mr.Terrfic II would work as well. Nimrod wouldn't be able to scan or see him.

Though would Terrific have the offensive capability required?

TheLordofMurder
Once again...Madison Jeffries

He is a technopath and has demostrated the ability to use matter manipulation, but although I believe he has the "goods" to beat Nimrod, he definitely does NOT have the durability to stand up to Nimrod if Nimrod were to strike 1st...

I could see Jeffries beating Nimrod, but I cant see him beating Nimrod a perfect 10/10...

-K-M-
He is a technopath and has demostrated the ability to use matter manipulation, but although I believe he has the "goods" to beat Nimrod, he definitely does NOT have the durability to stand up to Nimrod if Nimrod were to strike 1st...

I could see Jeffries beating Nimrod, but I cant see him beating Nimrod a perfect 10/10...

BOX armor/forcefields...nuff said.

-K-M-
Though would Terrific have the offensive capability required?

He does have anti-tech weapons, but Nimrod could potentially adapt after the first loss. So I suppose stalemate?

TheLordofMurder
BOX armor/forcefields...nuff said.

Hmmm...maybe so; you dont think Nimrod could start off with stealth and/or intangibility then find a way to get Jefferies through his armor?

carver9
I see it like this... if nimrod was able to physically hurt classic juggernaut, he should outright kill most high heralds if it came down to it.

You have to be pretty far up the chain to beat this character because again, if anyone is hit with the same tactic that he used against jugs "they are not surviving" imo.

-K-M-
Hmmm...maybe so; you dont think Nimrod could start off with stealth and/or intangibility then find a way to get Jefferies through his armor?

Hard to do when Jeffries can outright control robots, he is Marvel's best technopath plus he also has scanners making it diffcult to sneak up on him.

I see it like this... if nimrod was able to physically hurt classic juggernaut, he should outright kill most high heralds if it came down to it.

He hurt Juggernaut with sonics, easy now.

carver9
Hard to do when Jeffries can outright control robots, he is Marvel's best technopath plus he also has scanners making it diffcult to sneak up on him.

He hurt Juggernaut with sonics, easy now.

That's what I am saying, he physically bypassed the enchantment to hurt juggernaut. The entire xmen and thor failed at causing any type of physical harm towards juggernaut but nimrod accomplished the impossible.

That's why I said, if he use those same tactics that he used on jugs on whoever he is fighting, they are dying.

-K-M-
That's what I am saying, he physically bypassed the enchantment to hurt juggernaut. The entire xmen and thor failed at causing any type of physical harm towards juggernaut but nimrod accomplished the impossible.

That's why I said, if he use those same tactics that he used on jugs on whoever he is fighting, they are dying.

Ummm...mental attacks have worked on Juggernaut in the past and the sonic attack messed up his mind...no different really as thats why Nimrod knocked his helmet off to attack. If you wish to go that route Nightcrawler has caused Juggernaut to scream out in pain.

Ummm...no, that's ABC logic and to say the same sonic attack would work on everyone else is faulty at best

carver9
Ummm...mental attacks have worked on Juggernaut in the past and the sonic attack messed up his mind...no different really as thats why Nimrod knocked his helmet off to attack. If you wish to go that route Nightcrawler has caused Juggernaut to scream out in pain.

Ummm...no, that's ABC logic and to say the same sonic attack would work on everyone else is faulty at best

You see, now you are low balling.

Are you referring to nightcrawler throwing fire in his face? If so, you are seriously lowballing and I am not going any route.

A sonic attack is different than a telepathic assault.

-K-M-
You see, now you are low balling.

Are you referring to nightcrawler throwing fire in his face? If so, you are seriously lowballing and I am not going any route.

A sonic attack is different than a telepathic assault.

Way to miss the point.

Yes it is, but what does a sonic attack do? Messes the mind's equilibrium which telepaths often do to render an opponenet out. No different.

carver9
Way to miss the point.

Yes it is, but what does a sonic attack do? Messes the mind's equilibrium which telepaths often do to render an opponenet out. No different.

KM I don't like losing but I admit, you are right.

Forget that I brought that up (I still don't see why you brought up the nightcrawler incident, it didn't help anything).

-Pr-
He does have anti-tech weapons, but Nimrod could potentially adapt after the first loss. So I suppose stalemate?

probably.

also, ha @ sonics.

TitoSanchez
Flash, Amazo, Sersi, Thor, Thanos, Superman, Zoom, Firestorm, Silver Surfer, Apocalypse, Firelord, etc, will all win every time. Maybe Green Lantern, Quasar, Sinestro as well.

-K-M-
also, ha @ sonics.

?

AlmightyKfish
Warlock (New Mutant) can take Nimrod 10/10, considering his high class technopathy...

-Pr-
?

i was agreeing with you.

was laughing at sonics being represented as something else.

Uriel005
While on the topic of sonics... Dr. Who. That is all.

-K-M-
While on the topic of sonics... Dr. Who. That is all.

You have earned my respect big grin

Brockalizer
Depends on your definition of a weak character. If your definition of a strong character is someone with mutant powers, super strength, energy projection, cosmic abilities, or mystical enhancement then my choice has neither of those. I choose Amadeus Cho. All he has is his naturally born intelligence. Pick up a pebble and flick it into the one place that would cause a chain reaction resulting in Nimrods eventual demise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.