Thor vs Wonder Woman - Pure Melee Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No equipment.

Who wins?

Q99
No weapons? Diana for the majority, she's more the hand-to-hand type than he is.

Gecko4lif
As it currently stands thor

Q99
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
As it currently stands thor

Yea, he'd stomp current.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thor for sure... she would do very well mind you.. and make a very good fight of it. Problem is, much like with Supes, eventually Thor's strength and striking power would be the difference.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Starscream M
No equipment.

Who wins? masterbruce thor w/o mjolnir thread #: 9783

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^ LOL LOL. Your calculations are off though buddy, it's actually # 9790

Q99
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thor for sure... she would do very well mind you.. and make a very good fight of it. Problem is, much like with Supes, eventually Thor's strength and striking power would be the difference.

Wonder Woman had the advantage in pure grounded HtH vs Supes in the Sacrifice fight.

She's got speed and martial arts skill on Thor.

celeyhyga17
I would put Thor > Supes in H2H skill.

but wondy might win here.

The Dark Cloud
I think this has been done 3 or 4 times

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Q99
Wonder Woman had the advantage in pure grounded HtH vs Supes in the Sacrifice fight.

She's got speed and martial arts skill on Thor.

Ummm yet Supes has beaten her more times than vice versa

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins.

The only advantage Wonder Woman has is -movement- speed. Which just isn't enough. Thor's stronger, tougher, more durable, more experienced -if that matters- and at the very least just as formidable as she is in hand to hand.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
masterbruce thor w/o mjolnir thread #: 9783

Lol. He does have a habit of doing that.

leonidas
thor 6-7/10

Spire
Wonder Woman.

Q99
Reflex/HtH speed too, an area in which she surpasses the likes of Superman and is one of her strengths.

Also skill-wise, Thor's formidable but HtH is not his specialty, weapons combat is. Herc is better than him by his own admission, and Diana should have an advantage too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Reflex/HtH speed too, an area in which she surpasses the likes of Superman and is one of her strengths.

Also skill-wise, Thor's formidable but HtH is not his specialty, weapons combat is. Herc is better than him by his own admission, and Diana should have an advantage too.

She is faster. Nothing Thor can't handle however.

Lulz. Diana should have no advantage over Thor in hand to hand and neither should Hercules. That was a writer throwing Hercules a bone because he felt Thor's advantages over Hercules were unfair.

I love it when people bring up a single instance out of their over half a dozen fights. I'm going to start mentioning the scene where Thor comes of as physically above Hercules more often.

That was by the way their second fight. Continuity speaking, Hercules has never shown said advantage again and Thor even broke out of a similar hold in the future.

Thor is accustomed to fighting hand to hand. His done this, plenty of times.

TitoSanchez
Wonder Woman is basically all mele any way. Thor uses all kinds of powers and hammer.She is used to fighting beings as versatile as he is with her limited powers while he can't even beat the hulk with all of his powers. So if you dumb him down, she's gonna win. She is faster than he. Speed is a problem for Thor. Look at how Gladiator did him. Mix in Batman like skill, Superman like strength, and someone just as strong and tuff as he is and Thor is not winning this fight.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by TitoSanchez
Wonder Woman is basically all mele any way. Thor uses all kinds of powers and hammer.She is used to fighting beings as versatile as he is with her limited powers while he can't even beat the hulk with all of his powers. So if you dumb him down, she's gonna win. She is faster than he. Speed is a problem for Thor. Look at how Gladiator did him. Mix in Batman like skill, Superman like strength, and someone just as strong and tuff as he is and Thor is not winning this fight.

Basically what I was thinking.

carver9
Thor is good but he isn't beating diana in this scenerio for a majority. She is just as strong, faster, and a better fighter imo.

Wondy 8/10.

dmills
So Thor is can run with Wonder Woman in h2h? Damn.

carver9
No, he can't. As much as I love thor... he will lose this fight and lose it hard. Diana would almost block EVERY punch that he throws. This is like saying that thor could beat Supes without having all of his versatilty and hammer when all in all, it ain't happening.

Thor is getting his a** whipped in this fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

Someone claiming Diana winning while wrong is something I can live with. Someone claiming Thor will get his ass whopped is just deluded, and ignorant.

Make it a hand to hand fight and Thor has a very good chance of beating Clark.

Originally posted by carver9
Thor is good but he isn't beating diana in this scenerio for a majority. She is just as strong, faster, and a better fighter imo.

Wondy 8/10.

She's not just as strong or a better fighter.

Wonder Woman's hand to hand skills are so overrated it's crazy.

Her greatest showing of skill in recent history that I can remember is knocking down Black Canary in a training session using staffs.

Originally posted by dmills
So Thor is can run with Wonder Woman in h2h? Damn.

Why is the notion that Thor can hang in hand to hand with Diana shocking?

Did she get some massive upgrade after her depowering? The only advantage she has is speed.

King Castle
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

Someone claiming Diana winning while wrong is something I can live with. Someone claiming Thor will get his ass whopped is just deluded, and ignorant.

Did she get some massive upgrade after her depowering? The only advantage she has is speed. no but now she is gamora lvl hence why ppl think she wins. cool

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gamora level? What?

If Diana hasn't had any impressive hand to hand showings while depowered, it's almost likely never going to happen.

Wonder Woman is basically all mele any way. Thor uses all kinds of powers and hammer.

Thor has won using only his physical prowess more times than his won using his versatility.

She is used to fighting beings as versatile as he is with her limited powers

Lol.

while he can't even beat the hulk with all of his powers.

facepalm

So if you dumb him down, she's gonna win.

Disagreed.

She is faster than he. Speed is a problem for Thor.

Speed is a problem for Thor. Luckily he has a history of managing.

Look at how Gladiator did him.

Most have. Proves as much as the fight Diana had against Deathstroke.

Mix in Batman like skill, Superman like strength, and someone just as strong and tuff as he is and Thor is not winning this fight.

She's has as much Batman like skill as Thor has Captain America like skills.

BobbyD
Current WW? No.

Classis WW? Yes.

carver9
facepalm

Her greatest showing of skill in recent history that I can remember is knocking down Black Canary in a training session using staffs.

Did she get some massive upgrade after her depowering? The only advantage she has is speed.

I'm referring to classic wondy not depowered and I never said that wondy was an expert martial artist but I consider her to be better h2h.

She is faster and I could see her blocking his punches. If she can block some of supes punches I don't see her having any issues blocking thors. Not saying that she would block all of them but she would block enough to give her the edge in this fight.

I can't see thor beating supes in a h2h fight for a majority but he has better odds against supes than diana imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm referring to classic wondy not depowered and I never said that wondy was an expert martial artist but I consider her to be better h2h.

She is faster and I could see her blocking his punches. If she can block some of supes punches I don't see her having any issues blocking thors. Not saying that she would block all of them but she would block enough to give her the edge in this fight. I never said that you claimed she was an expert martial artist. Based on what is she the better hand to hand fighter?

I can't see thor beating supes in a h2h fight for a majority but he has better odds against supes than diana imo.

So am I. Classic Wonder Woman would need a large upgrade to be able to whoop Thor's ass. Current Wonder Woman would have zero chance against Thor from what I've seen.

I never said that you claimed she was an expert martial artist. Based on what is she better at hand to hand?

She's faster. Not enough to get the majority. Thor has every other advantage and is at least as formidable in hand to hand. That's why you think she'd have the advantage? Because she can block his punches? Worst comes to worst, he gets his hands on her and makes this a wrestling type match. And she doesn't have her bracers here by the way. She'd brake her wrists if she tries to do it the old fashioned way.

Really? So I take it you think Diana beats Clark in hand to hand as well? I don't understand where this high -and misplaced- opinion of her comes from, but whatever.

psycho gundam
she's a far better fighter than thor is, and with here stats in "classic" levels, thor would be hard pressed to mount an offensive she can't counter.

by no means would she ko him out of the blue, but it would go down like a matador eventually whittling down the mighty bull

Rage.Of.Olympus
she's a far better fighter than thor is, and with here stats in "classic" levels, thor would be hard pressed to mount an offensive she can't counter.

by no means would she ko him out of the blue, but it would go down like a matador eventually whittling down the mighty bull

Please tell me you're playing bro. Wonder Woman being a far better fighter than Thor is bullshit.

I can buy Wonder Woman wearing Thor down for a win. Probably the smartest play. Rely on superior speed and stay out of Thor's reach, limiting his capability on capitalizing on his superior stats.

Thor wins 6 or 7/10.

carver9
So am I. Classic Wonder Woman would need a large upgrade to be able to whoop Thor's ass. Current Wonder Woman would have zero chance against Thor from what I've seen.

I never said that you claimed she was an expert martial artist. Based on what is she better at hand to hand?

She's faster. Not enough to get the majority. Thor has every other advantage and is at least as formidable in hand to hand. That's why you think she'd have the advantage? Because she can block his punches? Worst comes to worst, he gets his hands on her and makes this a wrestling type match. And she doesn't have her bracers here by the way. She'd brake her wrists if she tries to do it the old fashioned way.

Really? So I take it you think Diana beats Clark in hand to hand as well? I don't understand where this high -and misplaced- opinion of her comes from, but whatever.

Yes, I would give her the majority in h2h against clark as well. Its her specialty. She doesn't have the versatility that clark and thor have so her hand game have to be on point. That is the main reason she does so well against people in her tier... its not because of her lasso or tiara, its her skill. Hell, her hand skill had her surviving and actually doing well against a doomsday that was merged with superman.

Her skill had her doing well and actually beating on konvikt. Her skill had her stomping on amazo when none of the other jlaer was able to do this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, I would give her the majority in h2h against clark as well. Its her specialty. She doesn't have the versatility that clark and thor have so her hand game have to be on point. That is the main reason she does so well against people in her tier... its not because of her lasso or tiara, its her skill. Hell, her hand skill had her surviving and actually doing well against a doomsday that was merged with superman.

Her skill had her doing well and actually beating on konvikt. Her skill had her stomping on amazo when none of the other jlaer was able to do this.

You're underestimating Thor and Superman. They have won plenty of fights relying not on their numerous abilities but on their physical prowess. And as her fans love to point out, Diana uses her equipment like her bracers and lasso plenty of times.

That wasn't Superman merged with Doomsday. That was simply a blood lusted Superman. Yes, she was surviving.

All I remember was her holding her own for some moments off panel when Clark left then kicking him in the gut near the end. And despite the initial knock out, when Clark started cutting loose, he IIRC was winning. I think she had an impressive feat where she circles around Amazo but that's all I remember her doing.

I will admit this, she relies on her hand to hand skills more often than Superman and Thor.

I think I should just post all of Thor's notable hand to hand showings and let people decide.

tideoftime
Assuming standard Diana, she would win against Thor for the standard majority (6 or so/10), the same way she wins against Hercules; they are all relatively comparable in strength, Thor has an edge in durability (though not as much as some people think), while Diana has the clear advantage in speed and is, in fact, the better H2H fighter compared to Thor (the same way Herc edges on Thor, skillwise).

As a measure of H2H fighting, Diana takes this. Not a stomp (the same way she doesn't stomp Herc -- she still has to work to get the wins), but without his versatility-power advantage, Thor would be hard-pressed to take the majority in this.

(And, btw, Diana's martial skills are *not* overrated, for those who state otherwise: DC has only be indicating left, right, and center for over two decades now, by numerous comics/references listed by others in various threads, that she is one of the best H2H fighters around, and a beast with classical weapons... also, she's pretty good with modern/high-tech weapons, as well, though obviously her best skills lay in the classical ones. Lastly, for the ignorant, Diana - much like Thor - has spent many centuries training -- in more than one storyline/arc, including the thousand years she spent fighting in a Norse-mythos realm with Supes at her side, she has accumulated many lifetimes of combat experience to suppliment her incredible training and innate gods-given talents -- so the question of "experience" is largely negated for a fight like this.)

-Pr-
love this thread.

though i think we've had one before... mmm

tideoftime
Originally posted by -Pr-
love this thread.

though i think we've had one before... mmm

Totally.

I'm thinking about just making a folder, cut n' paste my responses - with a few others' posts - and just repost them every few months when this inevitable fight turns up...

Black bolt z
Doesn't current Wondy kinda...suck? Don't read her.

Thor for the majority.

batdude123
Wonder Woman.

leonidas
hey bats, who do you think wins? big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by batdude123
Wonder Woman.

Originally posted by leonidas
hey bats, who do you think wins? big grin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/superfly0212/gif/dylan.gif

leonidas
BWHAHAH! nice.....

i could see a split in this, tbh. thor's wins would come from landing some uber haymaker before her skill wears him down. in other battles i could see her skill leading to prolonged battle wins. i give thor a slight edge in strength and durability, she gets skill and speed. be a cool battle to watch.

khazra
Based on her barely surviving against him when it was explictedly stated he was trying to torture her (who he was viewing as doomsday). He was destroying her whilst trying to make her suffer (as opposed to just trying to kill her quick) and he snapped her wrist like a twig with little effort.

What multi megatonne feats does wonderwoman have? Her best strength feat is the asteroid feat IIRC and its a bit of an outlier as after that i believe its holding up a bridge. Class 100 for sure but low class 100.

Herc, thor and supes all have moved planet sized weights IIRC.

Q99
Originally posted by khazra
Based on her barely surviving against him when it was explictedly stated he was trying to torture her (who he was viewing as doomsday). He was destroying her whilst trying to make her suffer (as opposed to just trying to kill her quick) and he snapped her wrist like a twig with little effort.

He was also specifically stated to not be holding back and be hitting as hard as he could, so there is that. In return she hurt his side and knocked him down hard enough that he stayed in the crater for awhile then only *slowly* got up, giving her plenty of time to fix her wrist then escape. Plus really hurt his ears.

She got in more hits and overall did a fair bit better, Wonder Woman got the better of him in that conflict.

He wanted it to hurt, but in HtH he was still losing. The writer (Greg Rucka) even said he was losing, that Superman had the advantage in the air but Wonder Woman did on the ground.

Moving Earth and Moon feats with the JLA, of course. She and Superman together worked to lift the 'nigh-infinite' mass of the Spectre. The city-sized heavenly chariot of Asmodel.

Plus just in how she matches up against other powerful beings. She's stalemated Superman on several occasions, matched up evenly with Captain Marvel, only needed one arm to restrain Supergirl, can also hold Power Girl.

Not a lot of lifting feats, but a ton of matching up against high class-100s.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by leonidas
BWHAHAH! nice.....

i could see a split in this, tbh. thor's wins would come from landing some uber haymaker before ........ .... *wonder woman smirks, then does a flying armbar on thor's arm*

leonidas
.... *wonder woman smirks, then does a flying armbar on thor's arm*

that'd be the sweetest thing ever.....

-Pr-
A deficient Superman beat Wonder Woman in Sacrifice. Not good examples to use, imo.

TitoSanchez
Wonder Woman uses hand to hand skills all the time. How would Thor have done against Amazo? I think he would have got his wig pushed back if he didn't have his other powers. While Wonder Woman's speed, skill, and near Superman strength let her live.

Q99
A deficient Superman beat Wonder Woman in Sacrifice. Not good examples to use, imo.

An all-out Superman who's mind wasn't impaired by anything but anger, and who used his powers together with skill, lost to Wonder Woman in Sacrifice.

When comparing how she deals with someone of high power, there's few purer choices. Normally he'd be holding back much more than that.

TitoSanchez
Originally posted by Q99
An all-out Superman who's mind wasn't impaired by anything but anger, and who used his powers together with skill, lost to Wonder Woman in Sacrifice.

When comparing how she deals with someone of high power, there's few purer choices. Normally he'd be holding back much more than that.
I thought Superman gave everything he got in the Sacrifice. He punched her from the sun to the earth. That is as hard as he hit Darksied right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Didn't the writer of Sacrifice outright say Superman wasn't fighting efficiently? I know I read a quote similar to that like a year ago.

Pr?

carver9
Originally posted by Q99

Then she stated that she was holding back and at one point had him dead to rights when she sliced his throat with her tiara. Wonder woman had the physical advantage in that fight, that was pretty obvious imo.

Q99
I thought Superman gave everything he got in the Sacrifice. He punched her from the sun to the earth. That is as hard as he hit Darksied right?

Yes. He was stated to be holding nothing back, he thought she was Doomsday-who-killed Lois.

He wasn't fighting quite as smart as normally; he took some hits because he was being too aggressive, but he was at full 'trying to take down Doomsday' level fighting.

TitoSanchez
facepalm

Did she get some massive upgrade after her depowering? The only advantage she has is speed. Her greatest skill came from beating super powered martial artist while being depowered, out skilling the god Mercury and impressing him, saving the universe using her skill as Zeus said her skill is all that saved them, beating the godess Diana, Godess of skill, holding her own against Amazo, Konvict, and That fat New God chick. She easily out skilled Power Woman. She also fought Cheshire, Cheetah, and one other martial artist at the same time hand to hand. She beat Barda hand to hand, the leader and most skilled of the female furies. If Thor is stronger than Wonder Woman, I do not see by any measurable degree. The beings they fight hand to hand all seem to be the same level of strength.

TitoSanchez
Didn't the writer of Sacrifice outright say Superman wasn't fighting efficiently? I know I read a quote similar to that like a year ago.

Pr? If Superman were so much more powerful than Wonder Woman, why would he need to fight efficiently? Obviously he isn't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What?

Originally posted by tideoftime
(And, btw, Diana's martial skills are *not* overrated, for those who state otherwise: DC has only be indicating left, right, and center for over two decades now, by numerous comics/references listed by others in various threads, that she is one of the best H2H fighters around, and a beast with classical weapons... also, she's pretty good with modern/high-tech weapons, as well, though obviously her best skills lay in the classical ones. Lastly, for the ignorant, Diana - much like Thor - has spent many centuries training -- in more than one storyline/arc, including the thousand years she spent fighting in a Norse-mythos realm with Supes at her side, she has accumulated many lifetimes of combat experience to suppliment her incredible training and innate gods-given talents -- so the question of "experience" is largely negated for a fight like this.)

Like I said, overrated. All bark and no bite. The last time I asked for a list of her feats, all I got was quotes from Batman. Lulz.

Is Diana skilled? Those comments should be worth something. Is she half as skilled as people want her to be? No.

Thor has more than a few centuries under his belt.

Oh, and IIRC, once they returned, their time spent in that 1000 year war was like a foggy dream. I remember reading this in an issue related to Christmas or some such.

TitoSanchez
Like I said, overrated. All bark and no bite. The last time I asked for a list of her feats, all I got was quotes from Batman. Lulz.

Thor has more than a few centuries under his belt.

Oh, and IIRC, once they returned, their time spent in that 1000 year war was like a foggy dream. I remember reading this in an issue related to Christmas or some such.
Time on Amazon Island doesn't move. She spent thousands of years there training. She's also beaten the God of war in hand to hand a couple of times. Overated?

This guy right here couldn't land a punch. She seemed to be as skilled as he but faster.

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/07/08/1229774_500x769.jpg

She has no powers right here and she is holding her own against the godess of the hunt and skill Diana.

http://www.picamatic.com/view/1229817_wonderwomanv2192161wy/

She fights Medusa while Blinded
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/07/14/1229827_560x869.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Her greatest skill came from beating super powered martial artist while being depowered, out skilling the god Mercury and impressing him, saving the universe using her skill as Zeus said her skill is all that saved them, beating the godess Diana, Godess of skill, holding her own against Amazo, Konvict, and That fat New God chick. She easily out skilled Power Woman. She also fought Cheshire, Cheetah, and one other martial artist at the same time hand to hand. She beat Barda hand to hand, the leader and most skilled of the female furies. If Thor is stronger than Wonder Woman, I do not see by any measurable degree. The beings they fight hand to hand all seem to be the same level of strength.

Never saw the first claim. Everything else I have seen and I'm not impressed. Except the Big Barda fight. That was a decent display.

Really? The Destroyer alone is above any foe Diana takes on physically that I can think of.

TitoSanchez
Never saw the first claim. Everything else I have seen and I'm not impressed. Except the Big Barda fight. That was a decent display.

Really? The Destroyer alone is above any foe Diana takes on physically that I can think of. The Destroyer is not beating Amazo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Time on Amazon Island doesn't move. She spent thousands of years there training. She's also beaten the God of war in hand to hand a couple of times. Overated?

Diana is thousands of years old? I've never read that. As a matter of fact, I remember her being less than a century old under Perez and even Byrne. But's it's been a while.

Again, not impressed. You Diana fans are all about titles and flash showings. You're the same folks that would consider Supergirl's little fight against Reactron as a showing of impressive skill I'd wager.

That's what separates Wonder Woman fans from others. You can take the most mediocre showing in the world and spin it into something amazing. It's uncanny. Thorbags have their persistence, Gammafags have their idiocy.

Ares apparently knows every form of combat and has mastered every weapon. Thor kicked his ass even when he had his strength amped threefold .

^I can do it too.

This guy right here couldn't land a punch. She seemed to be as skilled as he but faster.

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/07/08/1229774_500x769.jpg

She has no powers right here and she is holding her own against the godess of the hunt and skill Diana.

http://www.picamatic.com/view/1229817_wonderwomanv2192161wy/

She fights Medusa while Blinded
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/07/14/1229827_560x869.jpg

My point exactly.

Was she depowered against Batman?

If that's what you consider holding your own, then I have a lot of feats for Thor that I can use.

I'll admit, the Medusa fight was a decent showing of skill.

dmills
laughing ROTFLMAO! Rage I laughed so hard that I nearly choked! Damn good one! Up there with when Nihilist told me "everyone knows that I stroke Dick Rider hard".

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99

disagreed. heavily. i honestly don't see a basis for what you just stated.

Pr?

i honestly don't recall. the comic should honestly be proof enough, though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i honestly don't recall. the comic should honestly be proof enough, though.

We both know that isn't true.

Comics are never enough when people have a vested interest.

-Pr-

Rage.Of.Olympus

-Pr-
Diana can barely survive against an irrational Superman whose half out of his mind while fighting smart?

mhmm

excellent

Seems that way. biscuits

Rage.Of.Olympus
Seems that way. biscuits

B-b-but the skillz? Remember that one thing that Batman said that one time?

arrrgh

If she fought a non delusional pissed off Superman.........

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/lorrdraiden/superman_super.jpg

ha-som

-Pr-

psycho gundam
That's what separates Wonder Woman fans from others. You can take the most mediocre showing in the world and spin it into something amazing. It's uncanny. Thorbags have their persistence, Gammafags have their idiocy.
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3726/hulkvsthor02.jpg

dmills
Lmao at the direction of this thread!

Rage.Of.Olympus

mhmm
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorwhatiffight3.jpg

dmills
laughing

marwash22
Wondy due to Thor not being able to land solid blows.

dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/2011-01-29173639.jpg

yes

psycho gundam
mhmm
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorwhatiffight3.jpg retcon > what if

wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
retcon > what if

wink

Concession accepted.

What retcon do you speak, out of curiousity?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/2011-01-29173639.jpg

yes
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsNova03-1.jpg

Damborgson
VS. WONDER WOMAN: The collest fight on this whole list!!! Two super-strong, super-tough warriors battling it out with sheer power and skills in a battle that would leave both warriors horrifically wounded and completely exhausted... with Thor the last one standing. He's just tougher, with a billion more lifetimes of battle-experience beneath his belt. Says wizard....oh BTW the what if where Thor kills hulk while not canon should not be discarded because of that. THe title of the comic is what if hulk went berserk or something similar. Thos are the events that would have happened had Thor had to do what was necessary. Therefore plausible. Had the tital been what if Thor killed hulk then it would be different... wink

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Damborgson
VS. WONDER WOMAN: The collest fight on this whole list!!! Two super-strong, super-tough warriors battling it out with sheer power and skills in a battle that would leave both warriors horrifically wounded and completely exhausted... with Thor the last one standing. He's just tougher, with a billion more lifetimes of battle-experience beneath his belt. Says wizard....oh BTW the what if where Thor kills hulk while not canon should not be discarded because of that. THe title of the comic is what if hulk went berserk or something similar. Thos are the events that would have happened had Thor had to do what was necessary. Therefore plausible. Had the tital been what if Thor killed hulk then it would be different... wink
Lol @ Wizard.

iceman24567
Dians wins

TitoSanchez
A deficient Superman beat Wonder Woman in Sacrifice. Not good examples to use, imo. He didn't seem to beat her in that arc. She held back and fought smart, he gave all his power but didn't realize who he was fighting. That seems like they both were limited. Her by knowing that he was being mind zapped, and he by being mind zapped. She could have killed him any time during that arc. She proved that when she easily, yes easily sliced his chin. She could have easily just as soon as sliced his head off.

-Pr-
He didn't seem to beat her in that arc. She held back and fought smart, he gave all his power but didn't realize who he was fighting. That seems like they both were limited. Her by knowing that he was being mind zapped, and he by being mind zapped. She could have killed him any time during that arc. She proved that when she easily, yes easily sliced his chin. She could have easily just as soon as sliced his head off.

even if you want to argue that, he was still more limited than she was.

stay_hood
Wonder Woman is the better fighter by far she handed achillies his ass and it wasnt ordenery achillies, the troyens were yelling achillies!!! achillies!!! he was in his prime and she won achillies would murder thor specially when the troyens are yelling achillies!!! achillies!!!!

King Castle
pure h2h i guess can be argued either way depending each others mood.

if thor is enraged and she is not she gets trashed like supes did her.

If she is angry and focused warrior mentality i can see her using her MA skills to take Thor down..

does she have any decent MA /combat feats that she could use on thor, like pressure points or anatomical knowledge?

TitoSanchez
even if you want to argue that, he was still more limited than she was. No. If she could have killed him any time she wanted, she was clearly more limited. Limited by her love. She held back. While he did not. He gave her unending punishment, used his powers at their height, and even amped himself further. While she was trying to calm him, stall him to Max Lord, and protect innocents. Max even said that eventually they would kill each other. That is a clear indication that they both could kill each other. If Superman were so much more powerful than her, he wouldn't even need to be focused. One punch should do it.

-Pr-
No. If she could have killed him any time she wanted, she was clearly more limited. Limited by her love. She held back. While he did not. He gave her unending punishment, used his powers at their height, and even amped himself further. While she was trying to calm him, stall him to Max Lord, and protect innocents. Max even said that eventually they would kill each other. That is a clear indication that they both could kill each other. If Superman were so much more powerful than her, he wouldn't even need to be focused. One punch should do it.

Disagree, tbh. She barely held back, and for the majority of the fight was on the defensive. He hurt her more than she hurt him. Even when she slashed his throat, all she was doing was slowing him down.

Was she limited by her unwillingness to kill him? Sure. Did it make her as ineffective as he was? No, imo.

and while she would be capable of killing him, he's far more capable of doing it to her than vice versa, and i think the fight illustrates that.

and him being out of his mind is a HUGE factor, considering all his best wins are ones of efficiency and smarts rather than rage. he's not the hulk.

Konton
idk if he was more limited. He did get to briefly close in on the sun before most of their physical confrontation took place.

Q99
Re: The Hulk neck snap by Thor

Hey! That is totally Diana's signature move stick out tongue

Disagree, tbh. She barely held back, and for the majority of the fight was on the defensive. He hurt her more than she hurt him. Even when she slashed his throat, all she was doing was slowing him down.

The 'he hurt her more' is only by a small margin. The ear-smash, the blow to his side he was holding, the being knocked down hard enough he decided to lie down for awhile... the orbital hit was more than any of those, but not by a lot. She inflicted some pretty major damage too.

Though a point in favor of both of 'em is that despite all the pounding and hurting and cuts and heat vision, neither actually stopped heroing or even fighting tough foes for the day smile Those two are bad. ass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Re: The Hulk neck snap by Thor

Hey! That is totally Diana's signature move stick out tongue

Thor did it first, so it's actually his signature move.

Plus, he looks cooler when doing it:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5084/thorkillssentry02150.jpg

TitoSanchez

Was she limited by her unwillingness to kill him? Sure. Did it make her as ineffective as he was? No, imo.

and while she would be capable of killing him, he's far more capable of doing it to her than vice versa, and i think the fight illustrates that.

and him being out of his mind is a HUGE factor, considering all his best wins are ones of efficiency and smarts rather than rage. he's not the hulk.
He has a sun amp during thier fight. He was not holding back any punches or speed or heat vision. I doubt Superman could kill Wonder Woman any faster than she could he. Amazo tried and failed. Amazo is superior to Superman. Ares tried and failed. Also Superior to Superman. Circe tried and failed. Zoom would Kick Superman's ass and she beat him while blinded. Superman's best attack moves are fist, which she is highly durable against, and heat vision, which her reflexes, natural durability, and bracers take care of. Now how would he take a jolt of her magical Zeus lightning? I think a few of those rounds would put him out for the count. She has magical lightning, a magic tiara, and a lasso and better skills and reflexes. He has at best marginal strength and movement speed advantages.

-Pr-
He has a sun amp during thier fight. He was not holding back any punches or speed or heat vision. I doubt Superman could kill Wonder Woman any faster than she could he. Amazo tried and failed. Amazo is superior to Superman. Ares tried and failed. Also Superior to Superman. Circe tried and failed. Zoom would Kick Superman's ass and she beat him while blinded. Superman's best attack moves are fist, which she is highly durable against, and heat vision, which her reflexes, natural durability, and bracers take care of. Now how would he take a jolt of her magical Zeus lightning? I think a few of those rounds would put him out for the count. She has magical lightning, a magic tiara, and a lasso and better skills and reflexes. He has at best marginal strength and movement speed advantages.

if you really want to compare who he's beaten and withstood against her record, he'll win.

TitoSanchez
if you really want to compare who he's beaten and withstood against her record, he'll win. Superman's record is silly. He beats people he shouldn't because they forget thier powers. Now get his record against people who used every single one of thier abilities, and his list becomes non existant or unimpressive. Thanks.

-Pr-
Superman's record is silly. He beats people he shouldn't because they forget thier powers. Now get his record against people who used every single one of thier abilities, and his list becomes non existant or unimpressive. Thanks.

Except that it doesn't. Throwing out every impressive win he's had just because you don't like it isn't going to end well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.