Sentry vs. JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Sentry vs.

Justice League:

- Batman (Dick Grayson)
- Flash (Barry Allen)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Martian Manhunter
- Plastic Man
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Zatanna.

Rules/Notes:

- Blood lust isn't on and everyone is IC

- Current versions of the all JLA members and Pre-death Void-possessed Bob Reynolds

- The JLA get 30 minutes prep before the battle

- The battle takes place in an abandoned Manhattan, New York

- Sentry enters the battle field flying into the city at full-speed

- Winner by death.

Who wins and why?

SquallX
Here's a few mistake.

1. You give them prep.
2. Zatanna's in this match.

Mini Bennett
1. I only gave them 30 minutes.
2. Sentry can sense and screw around with magic too.

SquallX
Originally posted by Mini Bennett
1. I only gave them 30 minutes.
2. Sentry can sense and screw around with magic too.

30 minutes is like a year in prep time to those guys.

Sentry's screwing with magic still won't stop him from Zatanna screwing with him.

Deadline
Originally posted by SquallX
Here's a few mistake.

1. You give them prep.
2. Zatanna's in this match.

Actually what could Zatanna come up with in 30mins...can she prep spells?

Sin I AM
Sentry vs.

Justice League:

- Batman (Dick Grayson)
- Flash (Barry Allen)
- Martian Manhunter
- Plastic Man
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Zatanna.

Rules/Notes:

- Current versions of the all JLA members and Pre-death Void-possessed Bob Reynolds

- The JLA get 30 minutes prep before the battle

- The battle takes place in an abandoned Manhattan, New York

- Sentry enters the battle field flying into the city at full-speed

- Winner by death.

Who wins and why?

The problem with this thread is that people seem to believe that VOID can take on multiple Heralds at one time, when in fact during Seige he really only dealt with one true herald and was unable to defeat him....everyone on this team is a herald except Dick who really doesnt belong here

imo they stomp the shite outta him

Mini Bennett
Dick is there to help with prep. He's hugely beneficial to the team in that regard.

I did this exact same thread (same rules and everything) over at NarutoFan and the overwhelming response was that Sentry took it with relative ease. Most people said that they didn't even have much of a shot WITH prep.

Edit: Isn't Bob a Cube level being with beating Molecule Man and all?

SquallX
Originally posted by Deadline
Actually what could Zatanna come up with in 30mins...can she prep spells?

Never said she needed the prep. For all we knew, she could use that 30 minutes to play with her special friend name SUPER BOB.

iceman24567
Sentry gets his shit pushes in

Mini Bennett

But why?

Black bolt z
Zatanna + Prep + Superman + A years worth of Sunlight=One dead Sentry

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/815/jlav124411in4.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9513/jlav124412yq7.th.jpg

SquallX
Originally posted by Black bolt z

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/815/jlav124411in4.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9513/jlav124412yq7.th.jpg

There you have it people, this man has just shows us the light. smokin'

Mini Bennett
They have 30 minutes and are waiting for Sentry to come charging into the city at lightspeed. That doesn't solve anything. :/

Black bolt z
They have 30 minutes and are waiting for Sentry to come charging into the city at lightspeed. That doesn't solve anything. :/ Why not?

the ninjak
Sentry kills the lot of em.

The Pict
Sentry vs.

Justice League:

- Batman (Dick Grayson)
- Flash (Barry Allen)
- Martian Manhunter
- Plastic Man
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Zatanna.

Rules/Notes:

IC?

Sentry couldn't beat Flash, MM, Hal or Supes (IMO), or convincingly beat WW (IMO) on their own. He gets stomped in a bad way.

bbrem123
yes he can...void is far beyond any herald character come on now...everybody is in character and no bloodlust on...seems unfair for the team with those rules...void is alway bloodlust soooooo

the ninjak
And Sentry doesn't WANT to die.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by bbrem123
yes he can...void is far beyond any herald character come on now...everybody is in character and no bloodlust on...seems unfair for the team with those rules...void is alway bloodlust soooooo How is sentry beating a years worth of sundipped superman? I figure with prep they could do that and void wouldn't beat him.

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
And Sentry doesn't WANT to die.

Too bad for him, he dies...

leonidas
Originally posted by Bentley

laughing out loud

yep. badly.

Eon Blue
JLA

Mini Bennett
But how do they beat a cosmic cube level entity who dominated Molecule Man?

I'm honestly not being cynical, but actually intrigued. As most know, Bob can literally will himself back into existence and has physically dominated Thor. I literally have no idea how they get past that.

Sin I AM
But how do they beat a cosmic cube level entity who dominated Molecule Man?

I'm honestly not being cynical, but actually intrigued. As most know, Bob can literally will himself back into existence and has physically dominated Thor. I literally have no idea how they get past that.

he's not a cube level being.......and just because u can hang with Thor does not mean u can defeat the JLA...MM was off his game btw

one high herald is not defeating a team of them

carver9
Sentry stomps

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry stomps Really Carver?erm

carver9
Really Carver?erm

Yes,

No one on that team has the tools to stop him. He could literally shoot a high intense beam at zatanna before she got the chance to do anything and destroy the rest of the group one by one.

Black bolt z
Yes,

No one on that team has the tools to stop him. He could literally shoot a high intense beam at zatanna before she got the chance to do anything and destroy the rest of the group one by one. You do realize they have prep right?

And Zatanna can make her durability high enough that she can hang with sentry. I mean she tanked hits from lobo.

carver9
Wow... just wow.

Black bolt z
Wow... just wow. What? How bout actually responding?

marwash22
Sentry vs.

- Superman
- Zatanna.

- The JLA get 30 minutes prep before the battle this is spite.

-Pr-
JLA stomp. Hard.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Bentley

Care to explain how?

And Sentry was about about to kill Thor a bunch of times before PIS distractions saved Thor being atomised and ripped apart.

Sentry wanted to die allowing a Godblast to seal the deal and Sentry has willed himself not to come back. Simple. I doubt he's even dead now.
Godblast compared to desintergrating or being blasted to bits and Sentry returned from them in seconds.

Haven't seen a single decent explaination as to how Sentry loses these fights.
Besides Zatanna saying heartattack backwards. LOL

Black bolt z
Care to explain how? Care to explain how he wins?

marwash22
Care to explain how?

because Zatanna is already haxx and now she has 30 minutes of prep and Superman has 30 minutes to sundip.

yeah... rapestomp.

carver9
Care to explain how?

And Sentry was about about to kill Thor a bunch of times before PIS distractions saved Thor being atomised and ripped apart.

Sentry wanted to die allowing a Godblast to seal the deal and Sentry has willed himself not to come back. Simple. I doubt he's even dead now.
Godblast compared to desintergrating or being blasted to bits and Sentry returned from them in seconds.

Haven't seen a single decent explaination as to how Sentry loses these fights.
Besides Zatanna saying heartattack backwards. LOL

This...

Sentry is just to powerful.

iceman24567
Originally posted by marwash22
because Zatanna is already haxx and now she has 30 minutes of prep and Superman has 30 minutes to sundip.

yeah... rapestomp. thumb up Zatanna changes Superman into Thor or a hellicarrier and he solos

the ninjak
Sentry has basic knowledge of all characters.
Zatanna- dies in a heartbeat then.

Supes- Attacks Supes in space in a heartbeat.Where he Supes gets the upper hand and blasts Sentry, who allows himself to fall just to reappear behind Clark a second later. Atomising his insides and separating Supes. He could make Kyptonite if he has knowledge.

GL- By now GL is on the scene and wether he tries to BFR, kill of subdue Sentry it won't last long.

Sentry flies back to Earth in a heatbeat.
Atomises and rips Plastic Man in half.

Leads team to abandoned area where he fights Flash and Diana and Manhunter and nukes the area. Kills Flash in the blast others survive but a weakened Diana gets torn.

MM is intangible but gets particlised then destroyed.

And Batman gets killed anytime Sentry wants.

-Pr-
You're taking the general knowledge thing a tad too far.

iceman24567
Originally posted by -Pr-
You're taking the general knowledge thing a tad too far. A tad?

marwash22

Supes- Attacks Supes in space in a heartbeat.Where he Supes gets the upper hand and blasts Sentry, who allows himself to fall just to reappear behind Clark a second later. Atomising his insides and separating Supes. He could make Kyptonite if he has knowledge.

GL- By now GL is on the scene and wether he tries to BFR, kill of subdue Sentry it won't last long.

Leads team to abandoned area where he fights Flash and Diana and Manhunter and nukes the area. Kills Flash in the blast others survive but a weakened Diana gets torn.

And Batman gets killed anytime Sentry wants. general knowledge also means that the JLA members know what Sentry's basic power-set is... You think one of them can't call in a quick favor to Bruce, Ray or one of the genius-level friends they have in order to figure out how to slow Sentry down?

"Prep" is the dumbest thing ever when there are no predetermined limits or parameters set in the OP. 30 minutes of "prep" for these people is ridiculous.... especially when Sentry gets no prep himself.

shokosugi
flash solos

the ninjak
You're taking the general knowledge thing a tad too far.

That's why I added Kryptonite knowledge as just a possibility.
The rest are common knowledge.
Speedsters. Flight speed. Power Output. General powers. ect.
Zatanna is the ace and Sentry kills her first then flies to meet Supes after his Sundipping venture.

general knowledge also means that the JLA members know what Sentry's basic power-set is... You think one of them can't call in a quick favor to Bruce, Ray or one of the genius-level friends they have in order to figure out how to slow Sentry down?

"Prep" is the dumbest thing ever when there are no predetermined limits or parameters set in the OP. 30 minutes of "prep" for these people is ridiculous.... especially when Sentry gets no prep himself.
I know it's unfair against Sentry. But shoot some scernarios and we'll see if it beats Sentry.
I'll fight for Sentry.

-Pr-
it isn't common knowledge that zatanna is the ace, though.

it's general powers, like you said. Zatanna is basically "powerful magician", and even that is pushing it. to the average person she's little more than David Blaine, but not shit.

marwash22
it isn't common knowledge that zatanna is the ace, though.

it's general powers, like you said. Zatanna is basically "powerful magician", and even that is pushing it. to the average person she's little more than David Blaine, but not shit. sneer

she's at least Criss Angel. stick out tongue

the ninjak
Magic is bad news and the only potential weakness of Sentry's he kills her first.

marwash22
Magic is bad news and the only potential weakness of Sentry's he kills her first. What's Superman doing while this is happening?

Mini Bennett
I suppose I should specified the 'prep' time.

- The JLA can't leave the area in which they're about to battle (in this case, an evacuated New York City).

- They can't just upgrade each other.

- They can't call in for extra help or advice

- They're only supplied with their usual equipment (So Dick likely doesn't have any of his stupidly powerful toys).

They have 30 minutes to figure out a plan to defeat Bob without getting some lame upgrade or bringing in some machine to kill him.

An example of a plan would be maybe for Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man and Green Lantern to take on Sentry in the initial clash. Once the bricks have slowed Sentry down, Barry comes in and does a speed steal which would open up the opportunity for Zatanna to do some wicked spell.

That was just an example from another forum, but you get the idea.

The difference here is that the general consensus is that the JLA are overall better than Robert, in contrast to every other forum I post on. As I said earlier, the consensus on the aforementioned forums was that JLA weren't physically strong enough to be able to pull it off.

tsscls

Agree!

-Pr-

- The JLA can't leave the area in which they're about to battle (in this case, an evacuated New York City).

- They're only supplied with their usual equipment (So Dick likely doesn't have any of his stupidly powerful toys).

They have 30 minutes to figure out a plan to defeat Bob without getting some lame upgrade or bringing in some machine to kill him.

An example of a plan would be maybe for Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man and Green Lantern to take on Sentry in the initial clash. Once the bricks have slowed Sentry down, Barry comes in and does a speed steal which would open up the opportunity for Zatanna to do some wicked spell.

The difference here is that the general consensus is that the JLA are overall better than Robert, in contrast to every other forum I post on. As I said earlier, the consensus on the aforementioned forums was that JLA weren't physically strong enough to be able to pull it off.

the other boards are nuts. seriously.

Mini Bennett
Well, I don't just mean physical strength. They were mostly taking the Molecule Man exchange and what not into account.

iceman24567
The Jla is physically one of the more powerful teams in comics no expression

Mini Bennett
And others have said that Sentry is just stronger.

carver9

And they are not strong enough to pull it off either. Void is just too much for them.

iceman24567
Well, I don't just mean physical strength. They were mostly taking the Molecule Man exchange and what not into account. So they were talking about one highend showing and ignoring everything else?

-Pr-
Well, I don't just mean physical strength. They were mostly taking the Molecule Man exchange and what not into account.

The team he's fighting is stronger than the one that beat him, though.

And others have said that Sentry is just stronger.

they'd

And they are not strong enough to pull it off either. Void is just too much for them.

be wrong.

don't worry mini, it's not just other forums. we have blind hate too.

iceman24567
And others have said that Sentry is just stronger. Differing opinions its what makes us individuals it also causes war perfect example this thread

the ninjak
What's Superman doing while this is happening?

Someone wrote he was busy sundipping.

Mini Bennett
The fact that he had said he couldn't die unless he himself wanted him too? Sure, that was taken into account.

the ninjak
The team he's fighting is stronger than the one that beat him, though.
The team Sentry originally fought would have died to.
Sentry wanted to die in Siege.
A big emphasis on WANTED.

iceman24567
The fact that he had said he couldn't die unless he himself wanted him too? Sure, that was taken into account. Thats complete fubar with a side of bs. On forums a ko is a win and if he takes to long to reform its a win they dont have to perma kill him

-Pr-
A big emphasis on WANTED.

the "wanted to die" thing gets blown wayyyy out of proportion on this forum.

if they destroy his physical body, that still counts as a win.

the ninjak
Look if you guys wanna use the forum rules KO thing then fine Sentry loses.

But in a real fight Sentry would just keep coming back.

marwash22
Someone wrote he was busy sundipping. the sundip would've been apart of the 30 minute prep time that takes place before the fight begins.Originally posted by the ninjak

But in a real fight Sentry would just keep coming back. by that logic, Wolverine and Lobo would never lose.

-Pr-

But in a real fight Sentry would just keep coming back.

and they'd keep killing him until they figured out how to destroy him completely/get rid of him somehow.

iceman24567

But in a real fight Sentry would just keep coming back. Lol what?

Mini Bennett
the sundip would've been apart of the 30 minute prep time that takes place before the fight begins.

Obviously you completely ignored my post a page ago. He can't do that.

And Bob had the advantage over Thor pretty much the entire fight.

Mini Bennett
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he's not a cube level being.......and just because u can hang with Thor does not mean u can defeat the JLA...MM was off his game btw

one high herald is not defeating a team of them

Yes he is. He shrugged off all of his attacks and then killed him with ease. Thus, he is a cube level being.

iceman24567
Cube level beings dont get dropped by hellicarriers no expression

tsscls

You're right! A Superman amped by Zatanna can do nothing aganist Void. Namrepus pma nus. Just silly words, with no providence. diov evoba Namrepus pma nus. More silly words.

carver9
I don't know why people think sentry/void is made out of some kind of puddy. Just because thor using a powerful a** attack that basically lit up the sky and harmed void (he also called one odin for this power) doesn't mean that the iother team could generate such force. First thing, thor power output is above anyone here by a large gap. They can't generate the amount of power thor could generate on their best day.

Second thing, there really wasn't any other instance where his physical body was destroyed by the heros attacks. Hell, during voids first run against earth heros, none of them were able to even put a scratch on him.

Another time his body was destroyed was when he met mm but again, none of these peeps can generate even a fraction of what mm can generate so that argument is pointless as well.

Then we have his body exploding and the pieces being sent to another time and this happened from one of the most powerful magic users in marvel and again, no one here could generate this amount of force and if they were put in the same situations, their bodies would have went through the same crap.

Void wins this, he is durable enough to withstand their attacks and powerful enough to kill them.

Mini Bennett
Originally posted by iceman24567
Cube level beings dont get dropped by hellicarriers no expression

So, you're using one lowend showing and ignoring everything else?

I don't know. I am kind of leaning towards Sentry here...

Spire
This thread smells like CBR.

iceman24567

I don't know. I am kind of leaning towards Sentry here... Nope he had one cube level feat brah no expression

Mini Bennett
And was also beating Thor, killed Loki and Ares casually etc.

iceman24567
Trans level beings could do all that easier than Void those arent cube level feats try again please no expression

Black bolt z

And Batman gets killed anytime Sentry wants. Ninjak I am very disappointed in you.

Zatanna can take some of his attacks. He isn't one shotting her. And they can sundipp superman with a years worth of sunlight. A GL construct might hold him for a few seconds.

And Sentry doesn't atomize people. His best feat is one shotting ares. But under these conditions this team would do it too.Originally posted by carver9
This...

Sentry is just to powerful. You still have yet to refute my points.

Mini Bennett
The fact that he killed Molecule Man, Loki and Ares easily, as well as the fact that he was kicking Thor's ass (who is more or less on Supermans level) isn't enough to suggest he's strong enough to at least hold his own against the JLA? And then you use the hellicarrier lowend as proof? Honestly.

Anyway, I could care less at this point. Since I'm not really a fan of "This guy is stronger, so he wins" posts, I've lost all interest in this thread. I was interested in whether the JLA could defeat this supposed monster with the guidelines that I had set. I'm not interested in a 'whether Sentry is stronger or not' debate.

Black bolt z
Well, I don't just mean physical strength. They were mostly taking the Molecule Man exchange and what not into account. A very jobbing MM.Originally posted by carver9
And they are not strong enough to pull it off either. Void is just too much for them. Carver...not only is this wrong and they are strong to pull it off against sentry but this isn't void and they are still strong enough to pull it off against him.Originally posted by the ninjak
Someone wrote he was busy sundipping. The way I see it he can get a years worth of sundipping in 30 min. Sentry isn't beating that.Originally posted by the ninjak
A big emphasis on WANTED. So if he didn't want to die he could beat galactus?

Mini Bennett
Ninjak I am very disappointed in you.

Zatanna can take some of his attacks. He isn't one shotting her. And they can sundipp superman with a years worth of sunlight. A GL construct might hold him for a few seconds.

Ugh. Yeah, you've completely ignored the rules that were set.

carver9
Yeah, he ignore all of the rules.

Black bolt z
Obviously you completely ignored my post a page ago. He can't do that.

And Bob had the advantage over Thor pretty much the entire fight. Why can't he do this?Originally posted by Mini Bennett
Yes he is. He shrugged off all of his attacks and then killed him with ease. Thus, he is a cube level being. No hes not. Cube beings don't have trouble putting down thor. Cube beings don't get stomped by absorbing man(even if he did have a CCU). Cube beings don't get put down by hellicarriers.

He is not a cube being just because he a beat a very jobbing Owen. Just because you beat someone doesn't mean you are on that level. Otherwise thor would be abstract no expressionOriginally posted by carver9
I don't know why people think sentry/void is made out of some kind of puddy. Just because thor using a powerful a** attack that basically lit up the sky and harmed void (he also called one odin for this power) doesn't mean that the iother team could generate such force. First thing, thor power output is above anyone here by a large gap. They can't generate the amount of power thor could generate on their best day.

Second thing, there really wasn't any other instance where his physical body was destroyed by the heros attacks. Hell, during voids first run against earth heros, none of them were able to even put a scratch on him.

Another time his body was destroyed was when he met mm but again, none of these peeps can generate even a fraction of what mm can generate so that argument is pointless as well.

Then we have his body exploding and the pieces being sent to another time and this happened from one of the most powerful magic users in marvel and again, no one here could generate this amount of force and if they were put in the same situations, their bodies would have went through the same crap.

Void wins this, he is durable enough to withstand their attacks and powerful enough to kill them. I'm sure some people would argue against this. And yes sentrys durability does suck. Its his power to reform that makes him incredibly hard to put down.

False.

Owen sucked in that fight. Before he got any upgrade he was dropping mountains on people. And void was dropped by a hellicarrier. But MM can't drop void? Not only that but the reason he beat Owen was because he had greater control over his own molecules then MM did his. Not because his reality warping was better or something.

What?

You still have yet to show proof that he can beat this team without prep much less with.Originally posted by Mini Bennett

I don't know. I am kind of leaning towards Sentry here... And why do people think this is a low showing? I will never know. The hellicarrier must weigh a couple hundred million tons or something...thats beyond some high herald punching power. So no stop claiming its a low feat.

Black bolt z
Ugh. Yeah, you've completely ignored the rules that were set. You mean the rules that you set in after people came up with creative solutions?Originally posted by Mini Bennett
The fact that he killed Molecule Man, Loki and Ares easily, as well as the fact that he was kicking Thor's ass (who is more or less on Supermans level) isn't enough to suggest he's strong enough to at least hold his own against the JLA? And then you use the hellicarrier lowend as proof? Honestly.

Anyway, I could care less at this point. Since I'm not really a fan of "This guy is stronger, so he wins" posts, I've lost all interest in this thread. I was interested in whether the JLA could defeat this supposed monster with the guidelines that I had set. I'm not interested in a 'whether Sentry is stronger or not' debate. His most impressive feat was Ares. Something that wouldn't happen to this team. Mostly due to the fact that sentry would be dog-piled 24/7. And like I said hellicarrier isn't a low feat.

Sentry IS stronger then everyone here. Individually. But putting them together and giving them prep made it a stomp. You don't seem to get that.

Black bolt z
Yeah, he ignore all of the rules. Refute my points instead of just hiding behind the curtain.

the ninjak
Ninjak I am very disappointed in you.

And Sentry doesn't atomize people. His best feat is one shotting ares. But under these conditions this team would do it too. You still have yet to refute my points.

Sentry atomised MM and when he killed Ares he obviously used his ability on the God before tearing him apart.

Gods have insane durability. Tearing one apart isn't just a matter of strength.

Oh and that reminds me you ruined the F4 death for me and others the day before the comic got released on the off topic thread. Use spoilers next time. mad stick out tongue

iceman24567

Anyway, I could care less at this point. Since I'm not really a fan of "This guy is stronger, so he wins" posts, I've lost all interest in this thread. I was interested in whether the JLA could defeat this supposed monster with the guidelines that I had set. I'm not interested in a 'whether Sentry is stronger or not' debate. Nah you said he is cube level yet only provided one instance to support this which is high end i see the hypocrisy but i am willing to ignore it anymore cube level feats you got for this so called beast?

Black bolt z
Sentry atomised MM and when he killed Ares he obviously used his ability on the God before tearing him apart.

Gods have insane durability. Tearing one apart isn't just a matter of strength.

Oh and that reminds me you ruined the F4 death for me and others the day before the comic got released on the off topic thread. Use spoilers next time. mad stick out tongue And MM has good durability or something erm?

That depends which god. So yes it might be. I'm sure hulk could tear Balder in half. Its very impressive. Just not beating the JLA impressive.

I iz sorry about that. I accidently ruined it for my brother as well. I can't keep my mouth shut sad.

carver9
Void doesn't have many feats so the lil ones he does have counts.

Black bolt z
Void doesn't have many feats so the lil ones he does have counts. Never said it doesn't. JLA would still stomp him.

carver9
Naah, void stomps because they have no way of stopping him.

iceman24567
Void doesn't have many feats so the lil ones he does have counts. Even the low end ones thumb up

the ninjak
Sentry wasn't around very long and grew exponentially every month.
The guys a freaking god. And showed he can kill a war god without much effort.
Sentry beat MM at his own game. It wasn't a matter of durability but skill and ability.
Even the low end ones thumb up
Most of his lowend feats existed before his advancements.

Black bolt z
Naah, void stomps because they have no way of stopping him. Yes...they do.

carver9
Even the low end ones thumb up

But you know that they are low ends so why use them? Void really doesn't have many low end by the way besides the hellicarrier that you all tend to constantly bring up to discredit the character.

That's like saying hellicarrier>everything thor did to void.

carver9
Yes...they do.

How?

iceman24567
But you know that they are low ends so why use them? Void really doesn't have many low end by the way besides the hellicarrier that you all tend to constantly bring up to discredit the character.

That's like saying hellicarrier>everything thor did to void. So ignore the low end feats wank the high end? Gotcha say nothing more

Black bolt z

That's like saying hellicarrier>everything thor did to void. Please look at my posts. The hellicarrier isn't a low end feat.

Mini Bennett
You mean the rules that you set in after people came up with creative solutions? His most impressive feat was Ares. Something that wouldn't happen to this team. Mostly due to the fact that sentry would be dog-piled 24/7. And like I said hellicarrier isn't a low feat.

Sentry IS stronger then everyone here. Individually. But putting them together and giving them prep made it a stomp. You don't seem to get that.

Okay, quit it with the condescending bullshit. I have ZERO bias towards any of the characters who are here (I actually prefer most of the JLA characters). It was always my intention to have the battle and prep be done entirely in the set battleground, and said that I was in the wrong for not out-right stating it in the first place. If anyone here is hiding behind a curtain, it's you. Now play within the rules, for gods sake.

I didn't get it because no one suggested as such.

Now that it's been confirmed that the JLA aren't allowed to get any power ups or leave the battlefield during prep, post away.

iceman24567
Sentry wasn't around very long and grew exponentially every month.
The guys a freaking god. And showed he can kill a war god without much effort.
Sentry beat MM at his own game. It wasn't a matter of durability but skill and ability.

Most of his lowend feats existed before his advancements. His only cube level feat is beating MM the hellicarrier instance happened after I'm willing to ignore the low end feat if you are willing to ignore the high end feat and we can use everything else to debate who wins this fight?

carver9
Please look at my posts. The hellicarrier isn't a low end feat.

Why isn't it?

Do you think a hellicarrier could dtop thor or supes?

Mini Bennett
His only cube level feat is beating MM the hellicarrier instance happened after I'm willing to ignore the low end feat if you are willing to ignore the high end feat and we can use everything else to debate who wins this fight?

That would be fine.

Black bolt z
Okay, quit it with the condescending bullshit. I have ZERO bias towards any of the characters who are here (I actually prefer most of the JLA characters). It was always my intention to have the battle and prep be done entirely in the set battleground, and said that I was in the wrong for not out-right stating it in the first place. If anyone here is hiding behind a curtain, it's you. Now play within the rules, for gods sake.

I didn't get it because no one suggested as such.

Now that it's been confirmed that the JLA aren't allowed to get any power ups or leave the battlefield during prep, post away. I'm not claiming you are biased. I'm saying you made an accidental spite thread. We all have.

OK thats kinda handicapping them. I still feel they win. They can do stuff besides amp with prep.Originally posted by carver9
Why isn't it?

Do you think a hellicarrier could dtop thor or supes? Something that probably weighs a couple hundred million tons going at (tony said it was a bullet, so i'm going to assume it was a couple hundred MPH). That would make it in like the billion ton range hit. So yeah it could easily be stronger then thor or superman hits.

So now IMO its not a low feat.

the ninjak
Something that probably weighs a couple hundred million tons going at (tony said it was a bullet, so i'm going to assume it was a couple hundred MPH). That would make it in like the billion ton range hit. So yeah it could easily be stronger then thor or superman hits.

So now IMO its not a low feat.

Exactly it isn't a low end feat. Plus it blew up! Did it have nukes?

Black bolt z
Exactly it isn't a low end feat. Plus it blew up! Did it have nukes? I have no idea if it had weapons.

But I don't know why people said "ha sentry gotz beat by a hellicarrier". When odds are most high herald would be dropped by the same thing IMO.

Spire
Bendis, painted himself into corner with the Sentry, so he retconned it in Siege.

Reading between the lines, kthxbai!!!!!

the ninjak
I think Ironman confirmed it had nukes on it. And hacked em along with the helicarrier.

Plus all it did was faze Void into returning to Sentry form. Allowing him to commit suicide under Thor's Godblast.

Black bolt z
I think Ironman confirmed it had nukes on it. And hacked em along with the helicarrier.

Plus all it did was faze Void into returning to Sentry form. Allowing him to commit suicide under Thor's Godblast. It wasn't a godblast...the godblast has always had a different art style. I always thought it was a lightning bolt.

the ninjak
Lightning bolts aren't that huge.

Black bolt z
Lightning bolts aren't that huge. Thor's are.

Whatever it was it wasn't the godblast. Doesn't thor always grab Mjolnir with two hands, point the narrow-er end towards the enemy, monolouge, then do it?

And also when was it stated it had nukes on the hellicarrier? And if it did it certainly didn't look like they exploded as the city under asgard was still intact.

carver9
His only cube level feat is beating MM the hellicarrier instance happened after I'm willing to ignore the low end feat if you are willing to ignore the high end feat and we can use everything else to debate who wins this fight?

Why bring up a low end feat when overall you KNOW that its a low end feat? You are hiding behind it and basically disrespecting the character. The hellicarrier isn't a valid feat to use since he withstood attacks from an amped thor and avengers team along with slapping them around.

Have a question... if I were to use the other characters low end feats... would that be ok?

Black bolt z
Why bring up a low end feat when overall you KNOW that its a low end feat? You are hiding behind it and basically disrespecting the character. The hellicarrier isn't a valid feat to use since he withstood attacks from an amped thor and avengers team along with slapping them around.

Have a question... if I were to use the other characters low end feats... would that be ok? Did you read this
?

carver9
Did you read this
?

Yes, I read it but a lot of people will disagree with it.

Black bolt z
Yes, I read it but a lot of people will disagree with it. Whats do you disagree with?

How much force was behind the hellicarrier or if high heralds can match that?

carver9
Whats do you disagree with?

How much force was behind the hellicarrier or if high heralds can match that?

I don't think any herald besides hulk can lift a billion tons but others do so that is why I said people are going to disagree with you.

iceman24567

Have a question... if I were to use the other characters low end feats... would that be ok? Oh boy because you all are willing to use his highest HIGH end feat (beating MM) as a average so why not use his LOW end feat too? Yet you are hiding behind his high end feat and wanking him to extreme levels you are such a hypocrite. You low ball all the time so i don't see how you using low end feats matters erm

Uriel005
Thor's are.

Whatever it was it wasn't the godblast. Doesn't thor always grab Mjolnir with two hands, point the narrow-er end towards the enemy, monolouge, then do it?

And also when was it stated it had nukes on the hellicarrier? And if it did it certainly didn't look like they exploded as the city under asgard was still intact.
Since nick fury hid them there anticipating the whole situation... Just as planned.

Also Zantanna says. Yrtnes si sselrewop. what then...

the ninjak
Originally posted by Uriel005
Since nick fury hid them there anticipating the whole situation... Just as planned.

Also Zantanna says. Yrtnes si sselrewop. what then...

He gets them back instantly. stick out tongue

It's like saying Thor is no longer the God of Thunder.
It just wouldn't work.

SquallX
Again Zatanna could just say eid, and **** the Sentry up. The only reason she doesn't do that in comic is just for panel time, and because she doesn't kill.

the ninjak
Then it's a forum win but that wouldn't work against Sentry in a comic.

Mindset
Then it's a forum win but that wouldn't work against Sentry in a comic. It's not even a forum win because that's ooc.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
It's not even a forum win because that's ooc.
True.

Damborgson
Sentry is would be stomped. :/ Not much of a match unless he tapped into the void. Especially with the team having prep time.

marwash22
Obviously you completely ignored my post a page ago. He can't do that. obviously, you have comprehension problems. I said:Originally posted by marwash22
the sundip would've been apart of the 30 minute prep time that takes place before the fight begins.... which means, i read your edit and no longer considered sundipping an option.

Mini Bennett
Originally posted by Damborgson unless he tapped into the void.

It was stated in the OP that he has for this fight.

Well, they're in character.

PillarofOsiris
Superman solos.

-Pr-

Void wins this, he is durable enough to withstand their attacks and powerful enough to kill them.

i honestly wonder if you set out to try and get warned.

Sin I AM
I wish people would stop using Ares death as if it were some high end feat, Ares is nothing more than a glorified brick. Unless your name is Thor, Odin, or Zeus you are not a true god in Marvel. Anyone 100 tonner could replicate the Ares feat imo.

carver9
i honestly wonder if you set out to try and get warned.

What did I do this time pr? I reread that post and it seemed brilliant to me. Tell me what I did so that I can make some corrections.

Black bolt z
He gets them back instantly. stick out tongue

It's like saying Thor is no longer the God of Thunder.
It just wouldn't work. No but saying something like "sdrawkcab snoitome" might work. This would give him a different mindset and make him want to die.Originally posted by carver9
I don't think any herald besides hulk can lift a billion tons but others do so that is why I said people are going to disagree with you. Fair enough. But I see even hulk being hard pressed to have a billion ton feat(I know he has them they are just few and far).

-Pr-
What did I do this time pr? I reread that post and it seemed brilliant to me. Tell me what I did so that I can make some corrections.

basically all of it.

also, plenty of heralds have lifted/moved a billion tons.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I wish people would stop using Ares death as if it were some high end feat, Ares is nothing more than a glorified brick. Unless your name is Thor, Odin, or Zeus you are not a true god in Marvel. Anyone 100 tonner could replicate the Ares feat imo. Not true. But just because he is a god doesn't mean he is invincible or even stronger then some mortals.

Black bolt z
basically all of it.

also, plenty of heralds have lifted/moved a billion tons. I'm not saying they can't lift it. I'm saying that most heralds don't have billion ton punching power. And most can't lift it.

I can think of hulk having that high of lifting feats and thats it. I always want something quantifiable so none of that infinite page book crap from superman.

carver9
basically all of it.

also, plenty of heralds have lifted a billion tons.

I thought it was a good post because all of it came from events that really happened.

I know that plenty of heralds have billion tons feats but it is also other feats that make me think things kind of different about their strength. I knew some peeps were going to disagree and I don't have a problem with that because I'm not even 100% sure about my statement when I said that.

My intention wasn't to receive a warning. If you would like, just get rid of my entire post, I don't mind.

-Pr-
I thought it was a good post because all of it came from events that really happened.

I know that plenty of heralds have billion tons feats but it is also other feats that make me think things kind of different about their strength. I knew some peeps were going to disagree and I don't have a problem with that because I'm not even 100% sure about my statement when I said that.

My intention wasn't to receive a warning. If you would like, just get rid of my entire post, I don't mind.

I'm not going to warn you this time. If you continue to troll though, it's going to end up happening. You lowball enough that you could have easily been banned by now.

I'm not saying they can't lift it. I'm saying that most heralds don't have billion ton punching power. And most can't lift it.

I can think of hulk having that high of lifting feats and thats it. I always want something quantifiable so none of that infinite page book crap from superman.

who brought up superman or the infinite weight?

answer: you did. don't assume.

Deadline
He could beat them if they didn't have prep.

Black bolt z
I'm not going to warn you this time. If you continue to troll though, it's going to end up happening. You lowball enough that you could have easily been banned by now.

who brought up superman or the infinite weight?

answer: you did. don't assume. When did I assume? I just said bring up something quantifiable. Which lifting "infinite weight" is not.

-Pr-
When did I assume? I just said bring up something quantifiable. Which lifting "infinite weight" is not.

which nobody had actually mentioned as being an example. so why mention it?

Black bolt z
which nobody had actually mentioned as being an example. so why mention it? Just an example of something unquantifiable. As I know some people might bring it up.

-Pr-
Just an example of something unquantifiable. As I know some people might bring it up.

and yet they didn't. the jla have plenty of other strength feats anyway.

carver9
Pr... in my post, can you PLEASE tell me what I said that made you suggest that I was trolling?

-Pr-
Pr... in my post, can you PLEASE tell me what I said that made you suggest that I was trolling?

it's the general lowballing of the JLA, really.

carver9
it's the general lowballing of the JLA, really.

How am I lowballing the jla? I don't think any team of this caliber can beat Sentry outside of a plot device. The avengers can't beat him, jsa, any solid team without a high end of versatility.

If anything I MIGHT be overating Sentry but imo I don't think that I am. I never said that they will not give him a fight because all in all, they will... what I am saying is "they don't have the tools to drop him".

Deadline
How am I lowballing the jla? I don't think any team of this caliber can beat Sentry outside of a plot device. The avengers can't beat him, jsa, any solid team without a high end of versatility.

If anything I MIGHT be overating Sentry but imo I don't think that I am. I never said that they will not give him a fight because all in all, they will... what I am saying is "they don't have the tools to drop him".

It looked like Void/Sentry was going to beat the Heroes in Siege he also took on Black Bolt, Fantastic Four, The Avengers and The X-men. Yea he could beat the JLA but what can they come up with in 30 mins?

Sin I AM
Not true. But just because he is a god doesn't mean he is invincible or even stronger then some mortals.

what are you blathering about, i stated its NOT a high end feat

The Pict
It looked like Void/Sentry was going to beat the Heroes in Siege he also took on Black Bolt, Fantastic Four, The Avengers and The X-men. Yea he could beat the JLA but what can they come up with in 30 mins?

And no one in the JLA could do that? Come on erm

carver9

And this is what I brought up in my previous post. He fought ALL of earth heros before and during his first tackle with them (when he fought the avengers, fantastic four, xmen, black bolt, AND doctor strange), they couldn't even put a scratch on him and from what I was seeing, he was on the winning end.

They would need some serious prep imo to take void out but again, I never said that they couldn't hurt him but win. No.

Deadline
Originally posted by The Pict
And no one in the JLA could do that? Come on erm

I didn't say they couldn't I was asking a question. The problem is that Batman sux at magic and Sentry seems to be a magical being. I suppose Zatanna knows some magical rituals.

Or do you mean take on that many heroes?

And this is what I brought up in my previous post. He fought ALL of earth heros before and during his first tackle with them (when he fought the avengers, fantastic four, xmen, black bolt, AND doctor strange), they couldn't even put a scratch on him and from what I was seeing, he was on the winning end.

They would need some serious prep imo to take void out but again, I never said that they couldn't hurt him but win. No.

Doctor Strange was there....oh dear.

The Pict
I didn't say they couldn't I was asking a question. The problem is that Batman sux at magic and Sentry seems to be a magical being. I suppose Zatanna knows some magical rituals.

Zatanna is one of DC's most "poweful" spellcasters.

Deadline
Originally posted by The Pict
Zatanna is one of DC's most "poweful" spellcasters.

Sentry/Void took Dr Strange on as well apparently.

The Pict
Sentry/Void took Dr Strange on as well apparently.

Isn't Strange depowered? I don't think he has been Sorcerer Supreme for a while now.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>