The Mechanic Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
Just came back from seeing it, it was decent. I got the impression from the trailer that it was going to be different than the original. I don't know why but I got the impression Bishop was training Steve to kill him because he felt remorse for killing his father, and had to much professional integrity to go out like a schmuck without a fight to some other hitman... I would have preferred that movie I think. It was a little too similar to the original, and the changes that were made weren't for the better.

In the original Steve got what was coming to him because he was ruthless and ambitious and tried to kill Bishop before he knew that Bishop was responsible for killing his father... but in the remake Steve only attempts to kill Bishop because he killed his father, and he even gives Bishop several chances to come clean about it. Because of the changes Steve dying and Bishop living undersells the rest of the movie.

Quiero Mota
When the fat crooked preacher died, it seemed to be a reference to Michael Jackson's death.

The Nuul
It was meh and the ending was stupid.

5.5/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.