Archers vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Green Arrow (Oliver)
Hawkeye (Clint)

+

City of Heroe's comic book character Manticore
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manticore_(City_of_Heroes)

They each get:
A quiver with unlimited supplies of all their standard trick arrows
Manticore's ability to teleport themselves
Manticore's ability to teleport their arrows through things (linearly)

vs

Spiderman

The Pict
Tough one. Especially due to Manticore and his limited feats.

hmm

I think Spiderman probably could take the majority.

What's Manticore's durability like? Basic human?

jalek moye
Isn't current spidey invisible stick out tongue

Digi
What happens to be in Clint's "trick" arsenal is what would determine this. A sonic arrow or two would throw Spidey's equilibrium off and make him worthless.

Otherwise I think he wins the majority. Spider-sense can anticipate teleports, so they're not getting the drop on him and they'd all be one-shot by forum Spidey.

Bentley
Yep, I was going to say Clint's sonic arrows are the biggest threat. Big range, best for blocking Spidey's advantage.

Parmaniac
If SM wears his new suit he takes it rather easily if not I'm not sure.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
What happens to be in Clint's "trick" arsenal is what would determine this. A sonic arrow or two would throw Spidey's equilibrium off and make him worthless.

Otherwise I think he wins the majority. Spider-sense can anticipate teleports, so they're not getting the drop on him and they'd all be one-shot by forum Spidey.

Anticipating teleports is fine and dandy, but when you have three archers who have AOE attacks who can teleport both themselves and their weapons it becomes a lot more complicated.

Mindset
Spiderman covers his ears with webbing.

What now!?

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Anticipating teleports is fine and dandy, but when you have three archers who have AOE attacks who can teleport both themselves and their weapons it becomes a lot more complicated.

Without an effective way to communicate (I'm thinking telepathy) they wouldn't coordinate well enough to kill him before they're picked apart. And could Manticore really simultaneously teleport all 3 strategically while phasing all of their arrows as needed? I feel like his reflexes and awareness wouldn't be up to the task against Pete, but I'll admit to not knowing anything about him.

Outside of that, I see the best and perhaps only way to win as sonics.

Blair Wind
The OP, as I stated it, means they all get that ability. Not just Manticore utilizing it for all three.

Additionally, sonics being the only trick arrow of worth is something I have a hard time believing. They have a veritable arsenal of things to work with. Not all have to be game enders, but distractions or other suitable trick arrows can be used to wittle him down.

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The OP, as I stated it, means they all get that ability. Not just Manticore utilizing it for all three.

Additionally, sonics being the only trick arrow of worth is something I have a hard time believing. They have a veritable arsenal of things to work with. Not all have to be game enders, but distractions or other suitable trick arrows can be used to wittle him down.

You know I don't read your posts in-depth.

stick out tongue

...I just think whittling him down isn't an option. One hit and they'll be down, their numbers would be thinned quickly. Win or lose, this wouldn't be a long fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.