The Boys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
I was wondering: Does someone here have read this serie?
If so, how is it, so far?

Bouboumaster
bump

Newjak
I have.

I enjoyed it in the beginning. Seemed like a novel idea and I liked a bunch of characters in it.

It has gotten pretty ridiculous tho now to the point where I think it is sillier then the ideas they're trying to make fun of.

Still interesting story and I do catch myself trying to keep up with it to see what happens.

willRules
Read up to the first three trades but slowly went off it....it's a long overarching story which is great to see in a a comic world dominated by either mini-series or ongoings but it failed to keep me interested.

If you like lots of espionage centered around posturing, looking menacing without showing it and threats that barely get realised so you have to assume the badassery of the protagonists then this is the comic for you.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't all bad, I love the premise, it's just that many of the characters failed to get me on their side.

BeyondTheGrave
Next to "Goddess", I think this is Ennis at his worst. the humor seems juvenile and immature, the plot feels meandering and incoherent, the hero (hughie) is a cvnt and even the action bits fall completely flat. For someone who gave us such great characterizations as Jesse Custer, Judge Dredd, Frank Castle, John Constantine etc and such classic storytelling as Preacher and Punisher Max, The Boys fails on multiple levels. the only thing going for it is the badass artwork.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.