Thor (warrior madness + power gem) vs Jla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Thor (warrior madness + power gem) vs Superman, GL (kyle Rainer) Wonderwoman, Aquaman, MMH, &f flash. No prerp time, Thor breaks into the JLA's base on the moon and starts destroying stuff. Who wins????

psycho gundam
this is either going to get ignored for good reason, or it'll start a shitfest

Nihilist
Without some way to immobilize/perm bfr Thor for good, they would lose after a brutal fight.

psycho gundam
it begins.....

Q99
Originally posted by Nihilist
Without some way to immobilize/perm bfr Thor for good, they would lose after a brutal fight.

They do have the lasso. Though getting it on him would be very hard.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Q99
They do have the lasso. Though getting it on him would be very hard. Thor has means to get out of the lasso ie teleporting. Plus the sheer power he would have from both the true madness and the gem would make it almost impossible for it to work imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When you say Warrior Madness, do you mean the same state he was in during Blood and Thunder -no amp- or the Berserker Rage that apparently can give him ten times more strength than usual?

The Berserker Rage alone would give him the strength to basically rape the JLA in any encounter resembling physical strength vs. strength.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When you say Warrior Madness, do you mean the same state he was in during Blood and Thunder -no amp- or the Berserker Rage that apparently can give him ten times more strength than usual?

The Berserker Rage alone would give him the strength to basically rape the JLA in any encounter resembling physical strength vs. strength. I mean the Thor who raped the infinity watch from blood and thunder yes.

Q99
Thor has means to get out of the lasso ie teleporting. Plus the sheer power he would have from both the true madness and the gem would make it almost impossible for it to work imo.

Once it's *secure*, no amount of strength will break free, and I don't think he'll be able to activate teleportation either (Circe can't cast spells when bound for example. Though a pre-cast spell can still activate on a bound person).

My money's solidly on Thor here, but it is possible for them to do it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Damborgson
I mean the Thor who raped the infinity watch from blood and thunder yes.

That was basically a Thor who didn't hold back. No amp involved.

Are we assuming that Thor is in the same state of mind? Sane or Insane?

How well can he use the Gem?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Q99
Once it's *secure*, no amount of strength will break free, and I don't think he'll be able to activate teleportation either (Circe can't cast spells when bound for example. Though a pre-cast spell can still activate on a bound person).

My money's solidly on Thor here, but it is possible for them to do it. I see your point but seeing as Thor never used the full power of the gem previously, most of this thread is pure speculation. But we have seen Adam Warlock with the power gem defeat classic Dr Strange who was using all his artifacts at once and to that the 10x strength increase he gets from WM, it is in the ralms of possibility he would get free of the lasso.

Damborgson
That was basically a Thor who didn't hold back. No amp involved.

Are we assuming that Thor is in the same state of mind? Sane or Insane?

How well can he use the Gem? Insane. He can use the gem only as much as he used it in the Blood and thunder series.

Rage.Of.Olympus
he would get free of the lasso.

If it came down to the lasso or Gem, I'd bet on the Gem.

Black bolt z
Based on what the OP just said(pretty much thor exactly from B&T) then JLA for the win.

Q99
If it came down to the lasso or Gem, I'd bet on the Gem.

The lasso's never been broken by pure physical force no matter how strong the foe.

However, there is a reason I put an emphasis on 'secure' before. Even if it's around someone, until it's tight it's effects don't really take hold. It'd be pretty hard to secure him with it as even in madness his instincts will work to prevent that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
The lasso's never been broken by pure physical force no matter how strong the foe.

However, there is a reason I put an emphasis on 'secure' before. Even if it's around someone, until it's tight it's effects don't really take hold. It'd be pretty hard to secure him with it as even in madness his instincts will work to prevent that.

The lasso has been broken before. Twice actually. By Rama Khan and Bizzaro I believe. It's obviously not completely indestructible or at least infallible.

Either way, if it came down to the lasso or the Power Gem, I'd bet on Thor ripping it in half.

Deadline
The lasso has been broken before. Twice actually. By Rama Khan

There might have been circumstances to that WW acting dishonourably or something that caused reality to warp.

Prep-Man
Rama had circumstances, IIRC. Bizzaro one was likely PIS, but it's basically unbreakable.

Black bolt z
The lasso has been broken before. Twice actually. By Rama Khan and Bizzaro I believe. It's obviously not completely indestructible or at least infallible.

Either way, if it came down to the lasso or the Power Gem, I'd bet on Thor ripping it in half. I wouldn't. Which is better the gem or lasso? Gem.

Is Thor ripping the lasso. I would bet strongly against it.

The Nuul
Thor doesnt need the powerups.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can't double check the Rama Khan scene, but wasn't the circumstance basically that Wonder Woman wouldn't believe the truth? Anyways,

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I wouldn't. Which is better the gem or lasso? Gem.

Is Thor ripping the lasso. I would bet strongly against it.

Like I said, if it comes down to the lasso or the Gem, the Gem can give Thor the power necessary to rip it apart.

That doesn't necessarily mean that it would happen.

Prep-Man
Yeah, but we're talking about pure physical force.

Slaanesh
if Thor can utilize the power gem properly..he can take this..

I can't double check the Rama Khan scene, but wasn't the circumstance basically that Wonder Woman wouldn't believe the truth?
and therefore he didnt break it through his own power. the very nature of its magic and its connection to ww as goddes of truth short-circuited the thing. thor aint breaking it

King Castle
i say with the power gem and real effort he will eventually break it also getting an amp resistance by his madness

Spire
JLA.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
and therefore he didnt break it through his own power. the very nature of its magic and its connection to ww as goddes of truth short-circuited the thing. thor aint breaking it

I can't get into detail as it's been a while. All I remember was it snapping because she couldn't believe that she was wrong or some such. All Thor has to do is tell her she's a lesbian and his good.

Like I said, if it comes down to it, I think the Power Gem is above the lasso.

Prep-Man
How will it break it through pure force when it's unbreakable?

leonidas
it's possible the gem could allow him to do it, but there is no proof that it could. individual gem feats are notoriously underwhelming. without a comparable feat, i don't think we can simply assume he could break it, even though 'potentially' he could. 'potentially', so could hulk.

leonidas
as far as the bizarro feat--that was trinity correct? isn't trinity non-canon?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thor doesnt need the powerups.

Against this team, yes he does.

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas

trinity isnt canon that i can recall.

Parmaniac
Why not? I thought that "Two face Alex Luthor" wiuld be the same from infinity crisis.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Why not? I thought that "Two face Alex Luthor" wiuld be the same from infinity crisis.

Not the trinity series. The trinity three issue mini.

Parmaniac
Oh ok my bad.

Nihilist
it's possible the gem could allow him to do it, but there is no proof that it could. individual gem feats are notoriously underwhelming. without a comparable feat, i don't think we can simply assume he could break it, even though 'potentially' he could. 'potentially', so could hulk. IIRC Adam Warlock using the power gem alone easily destroyed classic Dr Strange who was using all of his magical artifacts to amp him, so it easily possible if Thor used the gem correctly he could summon the power needed to break the lasso imo

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
How will it break it through pure force when it's unbreakable?

Because it's not.

Like I said before, if I had to choose, I'd pick the Power Gem over the lasso any day. Thor would rip it in half. That being said, Blood and Thunder Thor isn't breaking the lasso by pure force unless he taps into the Gem a fair bit more effectively than he did during that arc which I don't see as likely based on his state of mind.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thor wins

Prep-Man
Because it's not.

Like I said before, if I had to choose, I'd pick the Power Gem over the lasso any day. Thor would rip it in half. That being said, Blood and Thunder Thor isn't breaking the lasso by pure force unless he taps into the Gem a fair bit more effectively than he did during that arc which I don't see as likely based on his state of mind.

Only through special circumstances. Force alone won't do it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Depends on the level of the force. I'd wager that the Power Gem has the energy needed to rip it in half. Whether Thor can access that energy is an entirely different debate.

Prep-Man
Both are debatable, IMO. I haven't seen the lasso been ripped in half by pure brute force, so it's anybody's guess.

BattleMage
This is rape on Thor's part.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Only through special circumstances. Force alone won't do it. Paul Bunyan did it.

Q99

Correct. Even then, the lasso was supposedly damaged for truth-related reasons as well.

Here, when it's only resistant force? It's not going to be breaking.

leonidas
IIRC Adam Warlock using the power gem alone easily destroyed classic Dr Strange who was using all of his magical artifacts to amp him, so it easily possible if Thor used the gem correctly he could summon the power needed to break the lasso imo

meh, that feat is skewed as he'd already tapped it's power with the entire IG. i'm talking about wielders of individual gems only. feats of individual gem-wielders are very underwhelming. best one bby far is adam beating mephisto, but even in that case adam's had the soul gem for years and years. i don't think there is any way to say thor could tap the gem for enough power to break it. potentially? sure. but based on gem feats, i'd say i can't see it.

Nihilist
meh, that feat is skewed as he'd already tapped it's power with the entire IG. i'm talking about wielders of individual gems only. feats of individual gem-wielders are very underwhelming. best one bby far is adam beating mephisto, but even in that case adam's had the soul gem for years and years. i don't think there is any way to say thor could tap the gem for enough power to break it. potentially? sure. but based on gem feats, i'd say i can't see it. I was always under the impression Adam used each gem on its own the test Strange, then used the PG alone to beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.