Battlezone discussion: BBZ vs Bentley vs GOD (aka PG to you lower life forms)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
this is mainly alive so that bentley can plead that goddamn michael korvac (what if?/gotg) is kosher........ he thinks i was born yesterday or something lol

j/k

for serious, bbz has to post his team soon, pm'ing them to competitors is a little compromising to say the least

Bentley
So... I'm going to a crystal clear plan of drafting:

Kang
Korvac (base form)
Punisher Robot

We all know that Korvac has a nice cube-computer attached to his body. I'm drafting Galactus's servitor (the Punisher Robot), to make TaaII my home base. Easy concept right wink

Now, I'm not going to bring neither the ship nor tech from the ship into the battlefield, so any boost I can get from my strategy, as long as I don't time-manipulate and using my prep time, should be legal.

I suppose the arguments against it is that Korvac is too powerful? Thoughts?

psycho gundam
iirc, they are on the spherical vessel galactus uses for eating planets, not the Taa II space station.

and taa II might cross the line as a an artifact in the class of a cosmic cube

Bentley
When the Surfer fought the Punisher Robot in the Tyrant arc it seemed to me they were on TaaII.

Can we really say the ship is as powerful as a cosmic cube or something of sorts? I guess it is a cosmic artifact, but not one I plan to take into battle.

Black bolt z
I asked you a question through PM's. If I get that answered I will ahve my team.

And by the way I don't know who 2 of the 3 people on your team are. So that didn't help.

And with bently I am planning on using Ultron and I knew he might as well so I made sure he wasn't using him.

Black bolt z
Oh and I can almagam right?

Bentley
Yeah, Amalgams are fine, just we have to decide how long does it take for you to amalgam.

Which version of Ultron?

The three characters I am using are Kang, Korvac in his weakest form (base form from my very respect thread) and the Punisher Robot:

http://www.comicvine.com/punisher-robot/29-27857/

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, Amalgams are fine, just we have to decide how long does it take for you to amalgam.

Which version of Ultron?

The three characters I am using are Kang, Korvac in his weakest form (base form from my very respect thread) and the Punisher Robot:

http://www.comicvine.com/punisher-robot/29-27857/ I asked delph and he said anything but phanlax Ultron would fall under low herald category or lower.

So obviously I am using the strongest and using Primary adamantium Ultron as one of my characters.

Bentley
Ultron Unlimited one? (I would recommend him since he has the best feats, the newest one with Adamantium too)

But yes, Ultron is a solid low herald choice thumb up

Black bolt z
Ultron Unlimited one? (I would recommend him since he has the best feats, the newest one with Adamantium too)

But yes, Ultron is a solid low herald choice thumb up Whos Ultron Unlimited? Looked through your respect thread though and I don't think I saw that name. Thanks for the ammo against you smokin'

Bentley
Well, I'm going to prepare a second team since PG is skeptical of me having a fair plan (being fair is overrated).

We should probably define the rules of what's not allowed, I assume you won't allow me to have time-manipulation nor reality warping peaches

Black bolt z
Well, I'm going to prepare a second team since PG is skeptical of me having a fair plan (being fair is overrated).

We should probably define the rules of what's not allowed, I assume you won't allow me to have time-manipulation nor reality warping peaches Actually what I'm planning on doing probably isn't the best idea.

I know for battlezone you can't just think outside the box you have to destroy the box you are in and think a couple miles west.

What I'm doing I don't see as complicated(which most good battlezone arguments are) but effective me thinks.

And actually Ultron won't be doing any of the fighting me thinks shifty.

Black bolt z
If I chose to almagam could I almagam ultron with someone? Or would combining an robot with a non robot not work?

Bentley
Originally posted by Black bolt z
If I chose to almagam could I almagam ultron with someone? Or would combining an robot with a non robot not work?

You would be kind of cyborg-like, containing both organic and machine parts. You wouldn't necesarily double your mass though, so you would lose half of Ultron's adamantium.

Edit: I'm giving you my conception of how the amalgam could work, I have never seen the full fledged rules of amalgams regarding this particular case.

Black bolt z
You would be kind of cyborg-like, containing both organic and machine parts. You wouldn't necesarily double your mass though, so you would lose half of Ultron's adamantium.

Edit: I'm giving you my conception of how the amalgam could work, I have never seen the full fledged rules of amalgams regarding this particular case. If it would weaken the strength of Ultron's adamantium body then I wouldn't do it.

psycho gundam

Which version of Ultron?

http://www.comicvine.com/punisher-robot/29-27857/ even in that link you posted it says the punishers are aboard galactus' spherical vessel, not the world ship taa II

but even then, taa II is a cosmic power artifact that any of our characters could utilize without any difficulty, in fact korvac had help in that regard since the badoon gave him that harness.

for example, i could draft a random a.i.m. scientist during the time they were manufacturing cosmic cubes, instant god level character that can slip under a low street cap

nice try bentley wink

Originally posted by King Kandy
Psycho's team:

soranik natu (of the green green lantern corps)

nova (frankie raye (herald of galactus))

victor von doom (the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be)

i'm not scared of korvac BTW (doom can deal with him, and i have 3 other ways to KILL him off the top of my head), it's just that taa II is in the class of a cosmic cube and there is no way to sell it as anything less

Bentley
Originally posted by psycho gundam
even in that link you posted it says the punishers are aboard galactus' spherical vessel, not the world ship taa II

but even then, taa II is a cosmic power artifact that any of our characters could utilize without any difficulty, in fact korvac had help in that regard since the badoon gave him that harness.

for example, i could draft a random a.i.m. scientist during the time they were manufacturing cosmic cubes, instant god level character that can slip under a low street cap

nice try bentley wink

i'm not scared of korvac BTW (doom can deal with him, and i have 3 other ways to KILL him off the top of my head), it's just that taa II is in the class of a cosmic cube and there is no way to sell it as anything less

And you think I would just jump with Korvac without ten ways of killing Doom on the top of my head? wink

If TaaII is not legal that's fine, but none of your comparisions were actually valid. I don't draft Korvac in a certain time -example, Magus almost wearing the IG-, Korvac's harness is part of his powerset -saying the Badoon gave it to him is like saying a spider gave Peter Parker his powers-, I challenge you to use TaaII and get something useful given the speculations I stated -stealing no tech, not bringing the ship into battle-. Boosting myself using TaaII is something done with the powerset of my character, the CC in the other hand, can be used by anyone disregarding the powerset. Just to bring a precedent, in a past tourney someone drafted Coligostro with Hell as his homebase; I mean Coligostro without his powers, then using his homebase he just put the crown of the king on hell on his head and became skyfather, that's even cheaper that what I'm doing and was not deemed illegal wink

About the Punisher Robot, he was at TaaII in the Tyrant affair right? so I just won't draft the PR's living in the Solar Ship. If I really wanted the ship I would just draft one of the animals in Galactus's zoo, but that wouldn't be very sport from me.

Bottomline, I'm awesome for fighting the combination cool

(I'm still looking for a team btw. Is multiplying yourself, powercopying or using independant constructs legal in this BZ?)

psycho gundam
And you think I would just jump with Korvac without ten ways of killing Doom on the top of my head? wink

If TaaII is not legal that's fine, but none of your comparisions were actually valid. I don't draft Korvac in a certain time -example, Magus almost wearing the IG-, Korvac's harness is part of his powerset -saying the Badoon gave it to him is like saying a spider gave Peter Parker his powers-, I challenge you to use TaaII and get something useful given the speculations I stated -stealing no tech, not bringing the ship into battle-. Boosting myself using TaaII is something done with the powerset of my character, the CC in the other hand, can be used by anyone disregarding the powerset. Just to bring a precedent, in a past tourney someone drafted Coligostro with Hell as his homebase; I mean Coligostro without his powers, then using his homebase he just put the crown of the king on hell on his head and became skyfather, that's even cheaper that what I'm doing and was not deemed illegal wink

About the Punisher Robot, he was at TaaII in the Tyrant affair right? so I just won't draft the PR's living in the Solar Ship. If I really wanted the ship I would just draft one of the animals in Galactus's zoo, but that wouldn't be very sport from me.

Bottomline, I'm awesome for fighting the combination cool

(I'm still looking for a team btw. Is multiplying yourself, powercopying or using independant constructs legal in this BZ?) how about we make the prep area a 20 x 20 room, that all items must fit in to be of use ?

biscuits

but seriously, the worldship is a cosmic artifact far and away over the low herald cap, just interfacing with it makes one something like a cube being.

Bentley
how about we make the prep area a 20 x 20 room, that all items must fit in to be of use ?

biscuits

but seriously, the worldship is a cosmic artifact far and away over the low herald cap, just interfacing with it makes one something like a cube being.

I don't exactly disagree, but I'd like to know exactly how powerful are we allowed to call upon. I mean, if it can't even be above low herald it's something I would like to know...

Black bolt z
(I'm still looking for a team btw. Is multiplying yourself, powercopying or using independant constructs legal in this BZ?) I don't see why not. Hopefully PG will agree.

Let me guess...army of punisher robots?

psycho gundam
I don't exactly disagree, but I'd like to know exactly how powerful are we allowed to call upon. I mean, if it can't even be above low herald it's something I would like to know... i had kandy's rules in mind, as a core concept, but we can make edits of coarse

allowing cosmic artifacts though....... fukouttahere

that would open the floodgates, a similar event is happening in avengers canon right now.

Black bolt z
@ Bentley: Can I use an alternate version of a character but use feats from the mainstream if the alternate is stronger?

For example if I used ultimate colossus who is stronger then regular colossus could I use feats from regular colossus?

Pretty much the alternate version is better in every way then the mainstream character I am planning on using so can I use feats from both alternate and mainstream?

Bentley
You could use a What If version -for example-, and try to pass the 616 character until the moment their timelines split. But since Ultimate Colossus is an entirely different universe you have to threat it as an entirely different character than mainstream Colossus, hence, you would be limited to feats from the Ultimate Universe.

Black bolt z
You could use a What If version -for example-, and try to pass the 616 character until the moment their timelines split. But since Ultimate Colossus is an entirely different universe you have to threat it as an entirely different character than mainstream Colossus, hence, you would be limited to feats from the Ultimate Universe. So even though UC is capable of everything regular is an more I wouldn't be able to use feats from both?

Bentley
So even though UC is capable of everything regular is an more I wouldn't be able to use feats from both?

Exactly. But if you have superior feats than those used by regular Colossus you may as well used those superior feats instead. If you needed a comparision between UC and C, you're better off showing the comparision itself, instead of pretending they are the same characters and can share feats.

psycho gundam
that's pretty much what i told him in pm's

Black bolt z
Exactly. But if you have superior feats than those used by regular Colossus you may as well used those superior feats instead. If you needed a comparision between UC and C, you're better off showing the comparision itself, instead of pretending they are the same characters and can share feats. The only reason I was asking is the alternate version has next to no feats.

Black bolt z
The alternate version I am trying to use doesn't even have a defined powerset. Thats why I want to sue feats from the mainstream. Not to have extra feats but because the alternate version really only has 1 or 2 feats to speak of.

Bentley
The alternate version I am trying to use doesn't even have a defined powerset. Thats why I want to sue feats from the mainstream. Not to have extra feats but because the alternate version really only has 1 or 2 feats to speak of.

If your version has less than five showings it's illegal, did you know that? big grin

psycho gundam
ain't it less than 8-10?

wait a sec...why is mr. cosmic artifact pushing common rules? biscuits

Bentley
So, if I prep in hell, is hell a cosmic artifact?

psycho gundam
yeah, well, you can definitely make a case that it is considering how many demons get an amp just by being there

i mean, the cogliostro example you brought up was kinda obvious, someone should have said something.

Black bolt z
If your version has less than five showings it's illegal, did you know that? big grin Just gonna say it.

I'm trying to use the Alternate X universe version of Jamie Madrox(the one that wendigo took over).

I don't think the Alternate X has that many feats so just hoping. Althought it is the same character just an alternate version.

psycho gundam
not really sure why it was a secret, all of our characters have been openly posted, and in the op of this thread i asked you to post your choices

Black bolt z
not really sure why it was a secret, all of our characters have been openly posted, and in the op of this thread i asked you to post your choices I didn't post my team because at the time you made the thread i didn't know what I wanted my team to be. Thats why I wanted that question answered. If it was I would have gotten to use feats from regular Jamie as his are actually specific as to how fast he multiplies, his strength, etc. I just wanted a refernce point.

The characters I have been planning on using are

Ultron
Absorbing man
Jamie Madrox.

Bentley
yeah, well, you can definitely make a case that it is considering how many demons get an amp just by being there

i mean, the cogliostro example you brought up was kinda obvious, someone should have said something.

So maybe we should prep in a damn box given that every place I may prep into is a "cosmic artifact" uhuh

Just gonna say it.

I'm trying to use the Alternate X universe version of Jamie Madrox(the one that wendigo took over).

I don't think the Alternate X has that many feats so just hoping. Althought it is the same character just an alternate version.

Well, you can always use estimations using the mainstream character, as I said, at worst you'll get attacked by the number of copies you did and we may do that one way or another big grin

Oh, so you were chosing AM, well, I guess that's off then shifty

Black bolt z
So maybe we should prep in a damn box given that every place I may prep into is a "cosmic artifact" uhuh

Well, you can always use estimations using the mainstream character, as I said, at worst you'll get attacked by the number of copies you did and we may do that one way or another big grin

Oh, so you were chosing AM, well, I guess that's off then shifty That exactly what I was trying to do, estimations. Because this version of Madrox is stronger and can multiply more but how fast he can multiply and how strong his base is I would need to use the mainstream for.

Also if I almagam can I choose what traits the person keeps and what traits they lose?

Like if I 'gammed colossus and reed could I still have genius intellect and be stretchy and super strength?

Bentley
Yes, you would, you don't actually get to chose what you keep, you have everything at once. For me it only poses problems with characters with really different natures (mechanic/organic, physical/etereal, etc.), otherwise your estimation would be spot on.

Black bolt z
Yes, you would, you don't actually get to chose what you keep, you have everything at once. For me it only poses problems with characters with really different natures (mechanic/organic, physical/etereal, etc.), otherwise your estimation would be spot on. So even if they have vastly different strength levels I would use the one with the higher strength?

Bentley
So even if they have vastly different strength levels I would use the one with the higher strength?

Yep, if they have enhanced status and their abilities don't overlap you would actually get an extra boost from one strength to the other -example: I draft Luke Cage and Steve Rogers, Cage would have his status but as if he was a super soldier and not a normal human-.

Black bolt z
Yep, if they have enhanced status and their abilities don't overlap you would actually get an extra boost from one strength to the other -example: I draft Luke Cage and Steve Rogers, Cage would have his status but as if he was a super soldier and not a normal human-. Cool.

And about using regular jamie as just a base to compare alternate jamie to...

psycho gundam
For me it only poses problems with characters with really different natures (mechanic/organic, physical/etereal, etc.), otherwise your estimation would be spot on. you have a bigger problem than that buddy, not having a cosmic artifact and all you lazy bastard

:-P

Black bolt z
you have a bigger problem than that buddy, not having a cosmic artifact and all you lazy bastard

:-P laughing out loud

Is there anything wrong with him using Taa as a homebase? I mean he won't be allowed to touch anything that doesn't already belong to him. But considering you used a base with thousands of people that let you transform them in our battlezone ahah...it would seem fair is he doesn't get to touch anything.

psycho gundam
read the korvac saga(s) and you too will regard Taa II as a cosmic artifact (which it is regardless of my opinion)

the point of drafting korvac is to have him ascend to godhood interfacing with the worldship. all of the worldship's showings are way over low herald in power, which is obvious considering it makes at least trans-tier characters just by plugging into it

Bentley
I'm sticking to Korvac, casual omnipotence was just a nice side-effect from having TaaII as a base.

I'm also finding a third element since Punisher Robot was mostly a way to troll you guys biscuits

If you leave me use the feats from regular Gotg Base Korvac I'll use the version that appeared in Korvac vs Ultravision What If. I can post some scans as proof for the feats to be legal.

psycho gundam
casual omnipotence was just a nice side-effect from having TaaII as a base. i rest my case

i might as well just draft early years kyle rayner, and have him sync with the parallax entity which was still in the central power battery back then.

erm

psycho gundam
laughing out loud

Is there anything wrong with him using Taa as a homebase? I mean he won't be allowed to touch anything that doesn't already belong to him. But considering you used a base with thousands of people that let you transform them in our battlezone ahah...it would seem fair is he doesn't get to touch anything.

getting something that powerful for free is the issue, not what he wants to do with it (which is obvious)

in our battlezone, i didn't use any cosmic artifacts

Bentley
i rest my case

i might as well just draft early years kyle rayner, and have him sync with the parallax entity which was still in the central power battery back then.

erm

But the central battery is a cosmic artifact you cheater! eek!

I wouldn't need help from an outside entity for my plan though, it's even more legal than the Edo Tensei hikjinks you pulled on BBz the other day shifty

I'm having one of Kang's bases outside the timestream as my base if that's ruled illegal I pick this 40th century armory.

Black bolt z
But the central battery is a cosmic artifact you cheater! eek!

I wouldn't need help from an outside entity for my plan though, it's even more legal than the Edo Tensei hikjinks you pulled on BBz the other day shifty

I'm having one of Kang's bases outside the timestream as my base if that's ruled illegal I pick this 40th century armory. Does Kang operate there often?

Bentley
Does Kang operate there often?

Yeah, it's assumed that it's the place in which he operates, I think it sounded cooler than "wherever Kang usually preps and has his weapons".

Black bolt z
Yeah, it's assumed that it's the place in which he operates, I think it sounded cooler than "wherever Kang usually preps and has his weapons". You still wouldn't be able to interact with the armory. Just whatever Kangs tech is. Course with Ultron i shouldn't be talking stick out tongue.

Bentley
So I can't even pick my weapons? confused

Black bolt z
So I can't even pick my weapons? confused Depends. What kind of weapons are there?

To me obviously there is a limit to how powerful your weapons can be.

psycho gundam
http://i56.tinypic.com/zjhylz.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/eqqpas.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2uo2kuq.jpg

cool

almost complete

Bentley
Depends. What kind of weapons are there?

To me obviously there is a limit to how powerful your weapons can be.

So how powerful can the be? Low herald level I assume?

Bentley
Ok, so I have my final selection with barely an adjust in case the prep is not home based:

Kang
Gold Key Solar
Base Korvac (Ultravision's timeline)

or

Immortus
Gold Key Solar
Base Korvac

...if I don't get homebase advantage from Kang.

Black bolt z
So how powerful can the be? Low herald level I assume? Yeah probably no weapons with damage output above low herald. If that makes. sense.

I mean if he has a weapon with 100x the power of a nuke....obviously that isn't allowed.

Black bolt z
I still don't have a definitive answer for if I can use regular Multiple man showings just as a baseline for how he duplicates and how fast he does.

psycho gundam
well, don't expect us to help you with that.......

anyway, let's get this show on the road

Black bolt z
well, don't expect us to help you with that.......

anyway, let's get this show on the road I won't be able to start until at least monday.

I'm at my dad's apartment and the document that contains my plan is on my mom's computer.

psycho gundam
no problem

Bentley
So do we send prep to someone or we just post it and don't see what others post?

psycho gundam
only thing to avoid is the possibility of someone reading someone else's prep and compensating for it, so the best bet is to have a third party

Black bolt z
no problem Thanks.

I'm sure what you guys have is unorthodox and unexpected yet very effective.

And if you guys didn't have something like that up your sleeve I think i'd have this in the bag.

Black bolt z
OK I think i'm ready when you guys are.

Although I think my plan will take 3 or 4 posts to post.

psycho gundam
we just need someone to send the OP's to and that's that

Bentley
Well, choose a godfather so I can give him my gun once I'm finished writing it!

psycho gundam
so he can shoot you for writing that bullshit

will do biscuits

Bentley
I was planning on using Diablo in this battlezone but people would've missed my Kang... Diablo's last showing was very good.

psycho gundam
i haven't even started writing anything down yet.....

@bbz. you seem to be ready, so just a reminder, make sure to write a prep post and then your opening attack after.

Bentley
I haven't wrote anything either, but my plan is more or less fixed since I chose my team. I'll post here when I have it ready.

psycho gundam
don't you want a third party to post it?

anyone on at the time can post them

Black bolt z
i haven't even started writing anything down yet.....

@bbz. you seem to be ready, so just a reminder, make sure to write a prep post and then your opening attack after. I already have my prep post done. I don't have counterarguments but I only need those when a point is addressed.

I'm ready at any time. But my prep might take like 3 posts to post.

In our battlezone it took me two posts and I made that up on the spot...not the plan but the post.

psycho gundam
^ cool

i'm writing now, and i assume bentley is also

Black bolt z
We got a third party to PM our preps to?

Bentley
What's the battlefield? How much starting distance?

Everything except offensive-matter-manipulation, time and reality manipulation goes, right?

psycho gundam
somewhere on earth i guess, at low hereld it doesn't really matter.

yeah, just no time, reality manipulation, and since people apparently don't like offensive matter manipulation, none of that also.

pretty much the standard no-no's.

====================================

i'm ready to go so let me know when

Black bolt z
somewhere on earth i guess, at low hereld it doesn't really matter.

yeah, just no time, reality manipulation, and since people apparently don't like offensive matter manipulation, none of that also.

pretty much the standard no-no's.

====================================

i'm ready to go so let me know when Is plantery destruction allowed? I'm not planning on it but that would certainly blow a hole in my plans.

Bentley
It would be easier if it was an indestructible planet made of dirt with regular vegetation on it.

psycho gundam
Is plantery destruction allowed? I'm not planning on it but that would certainly blow a hole in my plans. "not allowed" is kinda hard to say. some low heralds can't to it if they tried, and on the other end some can from collateral damage.

anyway, i don't really care so...do whatever

i just want to fight

Black bolt z
Just tell me who to PM it to and quick. If I don't do it in the next half hour we have to wait until monday.

Bentley
Monday it is I guess. Sorry for the delays, other stuff and putting the scans in order took longer than I thought.

Black bolt z
Monday it is I guess. Sorry for the delays, other stuff and putting the scans in order took longer than I thought. K. Set it up in the afternoon cuz I don't get home from school until 4:30.

Bentley
Done, I sent it to Ill as expected (right?), PG make the thread!

Bentley
The preparation for this battle zone made me think that the meta tier is quite interesting to draft, we kind of lost a few choices because power is kind of cramed in the low herald category.

Of course, this thread is pretty much Ultron vs Kang vs Doom, but stil...

Black bolt z
The preparation for this battle zone made me think that the meta tier is quite interesting to draft, we kind of lost a few choices because power is kind of cramed in the low herald category.

Of course, this thread is pretty much Ultron vs Kang vs Doom, but stil... Thats what you think.

Bentley
I'm out for the weekend but feel free to throw punches and I'll answer in sunday night -maybe-.

Maybe BBz can find the 6 questionable things PG tried in his opening post before I come back? wink

psycho gundam
as if

i'm kasperov, always five steps ahead, putting you guys in check from the sun

Bentley
Bring the ring multiplying scans, I want to see the entire castle before cards start falling 131

psycho gundam
later, it's hella late for me over here

Bentley
Okey, see you sunday night then, good night!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.