Wendigo(Mauvais) vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins?

-K-M-
Mauvais, he battled the Ancient One and Dr.Strange was terrified of him and that was before he took the Wendigo body

Nihilist
Originally posted by -K-M-
Mauvais, he battled the Ancient One and Dr.Strange was terrified of him and that was before he took the Wendigo body Where would you place this Wendigo tier wise roughly?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Nihilist
Where would you place this Wendigo tier wise roughly?

He is the most powerful Wendigo to date, and the more flesh he ate the stronger he would get. The second strongest would be the Wendigo that was as tall as the World Trade Centers.

Or are you talking about overal tier?

Nihilist
He is the most powerful Wendigo to date, and the more flesh he ate the stronger he would get. The second strongest would be the Wendigo that was as tall as the World Trade Centers.

Or are you talking about overal tier? Yeah overall ie low, mid,high herald etc.

-K-M-
Easily high hearld, Hulk level strength with the magical abilities that make Dr.Strange terrified.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki's beaten Doctor Strange IIRC, and had him terrified of his power.

Did the Wendigo show any abilities that could counter Loki's large repertoire of magic?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Loki's beaten Doctor Strange IIRC, and had him terrified of his power.

Did the Wendigo show any abilities that could counter Loki's large repertoire of magic?

He blocked skyfather beings, and as noted battled the Ancient One when he was the SS. Most of Mauvais feats we saw when he wasn't at full power eiher.

On a seperate note do you like Kid Loki? I wonder what his team will consist of.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He blocked skyfather beings, and as noted battled the Ancient One when he was the SS. Most of Mauvais feats we saw when he wasn't at full power eiher.

On a seperate note do you like Kid Loki? I wonder what his team will consist of.

What Skyfather beings (Loki for the record has Skyfather level feats as well)? Off panel or on panel? Do you have the scans? Or at least give me the issue number.

I haven't formed a final opinion yet. It feels like a cheap cop out and a bastardization of Thor's character/personality in order to set the comic along the same lines as the movie. So far the run altogether has been utter shit. Seriously, Thor's and co. have been so out of character it's just insulting to me as a reader.

Loki's death and sudden 180 under Bendis was utter and complete crap. Now that Gillen's back, I'm praying that Fraction's shittyness doesn't rub off on him, and he gives us some reasonable as well as logical explanations and characterizations.

Hoping for some Alpha Flight cameos eh? IIRC, character's from all across the Marvel Universe will be coerced or tricked by Loki into doing his bidding. I.e. characters from the cosmic, earth, and magical/god scene. Mephisto, god squad members, other pantheons etc. were all mentioned.

-K-M-
What Skyfather beings (Loki for the record has Skyfather level feats as well)? Off panel or on panel? Do you have the scans? Or at least give me the issue number.

I haven't formed a final opinion yet. It feels like a cheap cop out and a bastardization of Thor's character/personality in order to set the comic along the same lines as the movie. So far the run altogether has been utter shit. Seriously, Thor's and co. have been so out of character it's just insulting to me as a reader.

Loki's death and sudden 180 under Bendis was utter and complete crap. Now that Gillen's back, I'm praying that Fraction's shittyness doesn't rub off on him, and he give us some reasonable as well as logical explanations and characterizations.

Hoping for some Alpha Flight cameos eh? IIRC, character's from all across the Marvel Universe will be coerced or tricked by Loki into doing his bidding. I.e. characters from the cosmic, earth, and magical/god scene. Mephisto, god squad members, other pantheons etc. were all mentioned.

Northern Gods on-panel, Northern Gods + Ancient One off-panel. Yep, most of the scans can be seen below
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t481568.html

Pretty much my thoughts as well, though I'm interested to see how the Galactus arc plays out and they better have Odin go against Galactus but I don't have high hopes of how that will turn out though. There have been some good Thor minis/one shots as of late though.

Naaaa...just curious who he will get on his team.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Northern Gods on-panel, Northern Gods + Ancient One off-panel. Yep, most of the scans can be seen below
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t481568.html

Pretty much my thoughts as well, though I'm interested to see how the Galactus arc plays out and they better have Odin go against Galactus but I don't have high hopes of how that will turn out though. There have been some good Thor minis/one shots as of late though.

I'll check it out.

I want Odin stalemating a fed Galactus and Thor beating the shit out of Surfer. The sweet taste of the tears cosmic fans would weep would keep me content for a long time.

Unfortunately I have no clue how Fraction views Odin and Thor in comparison to Cosmics. The fact that he had Skrulls butcher Stormbreaker (PIS) doesn't leave me to hopeful.

This is one thing the movie influence would be good for. In the movie verse Odin is basically the king of the Universe with items of power ranging from the Infinity Gauntlet to the Eye of Agamatto.

Yea, there have been some decent ones lately.

-K-M-
I'll check it out.

I want Odin stalemating a fed Galactus and Thor beating the shit out of Surfer. The sweet taste of the tears cosmic fans would weep would keep me content for a long time.

Unfortunately I have no clue how Fraction views Odin and Thor in comparison to Cosmics. The fact that he had Skrulls butcher Stormbreaker (PIS) doesn't leave me to hopeful.

This is one thing the movie influence would be good for. In the movie verse Odin is basically the king of the Universe with items of power ranging from the Infinity Gauntlet to the Eye of Agamatto.

Yea, there have been some decent ones lately.

I have a feeling they will have Odin defeat Surfer and then get defeated by Galactus. Whatever happened to Stardust? He and Surfer were his heralds at the same time.

Same, I just look at what he did with Magneto and cringe

I saw the picture of the Infinity Gauntlet, but didn't know about the eye thats kind of cool.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I have a feeling they will have Odin defeat Surfer and then get defeated by Galactus. Whatever happened to Stardust? He and Surfer were his heralds at the same time.

Same, I just look at what he did with Magneto and cringe

I saw the picture of the Infinity Gauntlet, but didn't know about the eye thats kind of cool.

IIRC, Fraction said it's Thor vs. Surfer, and Galactus vs. Asgard. The ideal match up would be Galactus vs. Odin, Surfer vs. Thor, Stardust and maybe some other heralds plus an army of Punisher Robots vs. the rest of Asgard. Toss in Bill and you have the makings of one of the most epic battles ever seen in comics.

.......Unfortunately this is Fraction, so I can expect 4 issues of debating, and a few panels worth of fighting. I'd want to become a writer just so I could do something like this.

facepalm worthy.

Yea. Odin is the king of the Universe, and Galactus is a giant cloud. Haha.

-K-M-
IIRC, Fraction said it's Thor vs. Surfer, and Galactus vs. Asgard. The ideal match up would be Galactus vs. Odin, Surfer vs. Thor, Stardust and maybe some other heralds plus an army of Punisher Robots vs. the rest of Asgard. Toss in Bill and you have the makings of one of the most epic battles ever seen in comics.....Unfortunately this is Fraction, so I can expect 4 issues of debating, and a few panels worth of fighting. I'd want to become a writer just so I could do something like that.

facepalm worthy.

Yea. Odin is the king of the Universe, and Galactus is a giant cloud. Haha.

Oh ok, yeah im not a huge fan of his so I dont read his interviews. Yeah that actually could have been more epic then Chaos War....really it probably would have been sad

Yeah I dislike most comic book movies. There are only a few that I actually like.

Damborgson
loki

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh ok, yeah im not a huge fan of his so I dont read his interviews. Yeah that actually could have been more epic then Chaos War....really it probably would have been sad

Yeah I dislike most comic book movies. There are only a few that I actually like.

Meh, I like have to read any Thor related interviews from top to bottom at this point. Yeah, a shame.

Hopefully Thor will be good. You still have to go to the theaters and watch it even if you don't like what you hear.

-K-M-
Yeah I'll go, Im kind of interested they went with Kirby sci-fi Asgard then the recent Lord of the Rings Asgard

Rage.Of.Olympus
I like sci-fi Asgard the best. It was an equal combination of futuristic technology and magic. That was a time when all of Earth could have combined it's resources, and attacking Asgard would still be tantamount to suicide.

JMS basically turned Asgard into a bunch of back water hicks who don't even have plumbing. no expression

The very same beings that the New Gods are based on.

Prep-Man
Does Wendigo have magical protection against transmutaion?

-K-M-
I like sci-fi Asgard the best. It was an equal combination of futuristic technology and magic. That was a time when all of Earth could have combined it's resources, and attacking Asgard would still be tantamount to suicide.

JMS basically turned Asgard into a bunch of back water hicks who don't even have plumbing. no expression

The very same beings that the New Gods are based on.

Same here, not a fan of the actor they casted for Loki though

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Does Wendigo have magical protection against transmutaion?

Yes and no, he has to be rendered uncouncious for it to work. If he is awake magic doesn't really work due to his mystical defense

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/uxm140pg16.jpg

Prep-Man
I'd probably give wendigo the majority then.

guy222
mauvais

King Castle
i'm gonna go with Loki.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.